x3rs of the pm

542 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 - 6:49pm
Green Lantern

I don’t think I can answer

I don’t think I can answer your question if I understand it correctly, You’re being kicked out of your bullish positions by TPTB?

I am not that experienced to trade against the trend and be conformable.

I an looking at a possible change in trend in March in Silver.The last big cyclical event I detected was the low back in November 2018. This could mean a turning point could be a high.

The market is obviously in an uptrend but a breach of support could send it back.

So I an in an observing mode. And yes, all discussion of silver has evaporated. I don’t even know who out there focuses on silver and what they are saying. And maybe it’s better that way that I’

I don’t think I can answer your question if I understand it correctly, You’re being kicked out of your bullish positions by TPTB?

I am not that experienced to trade against the trend and be conformable.

I am looking at a possible change in trend in March in Silver. .The last big cyclical event I detected was the low back in November 2018. This could mean a turning point could be a reaction high. That would be the first tine, I'd consider a trade.

Basically, I can’t answer your question if the strategy of the TPTB has significantly changed and if that is the challenge you’re up against.

But this temporary upward trend seems like a good opportunity to get tuned back in and contemplate what is the long tern potential of silver and possible short tern trades over 2019. it seems as a collective, we've all but given up. I like the challenge.

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 - 10:11pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

GL, my trades here are short

GL, my trades here are short term. Days, weeks, a month maybe. Both bull and bear, here for profit, not a goldbug.

In 2016/2107 I did....over 100 trades. At most 3 were losers and even one of those was a fat finger trade.

In my humble opinion that’s a good record. The trades typically paid 3% or less each, but if you do that 100 times....

I’m not trying to talk about the money, or how great I am, just laying out what was taking place.

Then around the end of 2017 something changed. I slowed down on trades because it was different. For me 2018 was not a good trading year.

It is possible that the changes in rules at the end of 2017 concerning crazy leverage or crazy techniques removed the players that didn’t have deep pockets. I suspect JAL could explain what that did. This would leave TPTB to have the table to themselves and they might not be giving up the hints as easily.

Or the Marks may have left, to cryptocurrency or some other table. Making me the Mark in their absence. hahaha. Seriously.

I hadn’t considered that it could be part of a bigger pattern in trading, I’ve had my head down, but your charts have me thinking that’s a possibility too. Maybe there’s a new sentiment on the block, so to speak.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Tue, Feb 5, 2019 - 7:04am
Green Lantern

HN, I'd never accuse you of

HN, I'd never accuse you of grandiosity. That's not a good track record. That's top class. Sone of the professional traders I've watched have said that they don't do any better than 15% but profit from good $ management.

I need to be able to justify ny trade and have an exit plan and have a hypothesis about where things are going.. I don't know how to do that w/out resorting to sone kind of analysis. And as you know, some of the things I do aren't normal;)

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 - 8:12am
Green Lantern

There are a lot of people

There are a lot of people willing to sell you a Trading System that will make you wealthy beyond your dreams just like them (as they sip their Champagne on their rent a jet, while interrupting your youtube viewing) . They are marketers looking to separate you from your money. A System is only part of the equation. YOU are part of the equation. There are many hidden things that effect your performance. I also believe it's important to know which markets you resonate with and there are ways to look at that. So they might be gaming the market differently than before but also when things go wrong it's sometimes worth taking a critical look at what changed with you. The latter might be just as difficult as knowing which tool to use to know when they are ready to come in.

Tue, Feb 5, 2019 - 10:39am
Scarecrow
-
London, England ; )
United Kingdom

FLAT

Parked in Yen...

Fuck sterling lol

EDIT:

Up just shy of 30%

GLTA!!!

Wed, Feb 6, 2019 - 2:53pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

GL yes there are plenty of

GL yes there are plenty of sellers of Systems out there. A long time ago investigated the glitzy ones but realized the big money was in selling me their crap haha. I have thought about buying Martin Armstrong and one year I expect I will, when I can spend more time on it as it will take me outside of the silver-only trade.

If anyone is trading on MA’s material pm me about your experience. I won’t bug you for tips, if he is as good as he looks the subscription will be a marginal cost against the gain.

I can’t explain my system very well and yes I’m part of the process. In the past year moved in to a new house, took a promotion at work...I do have less time at my desk to check the charts, but I don’t think that’s all of it.

Having said that, just had a good trade...sold a short tranche today when Ag fell to $15.68. Just needed to close a profit.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 9:31pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

I’m not going to post such

I’m not going to post such detailed trades for some time. Trades have been going well lately.

Exited all the shorts, went to long and....

Currently, short silver.

Thu, Feb 21, 2019 - 12:37am
Green Lantern

HN,

HN,

Trading Systems prey on the weak. Although one should be systematic in their trading. I have three individuals constantly interrupting ny utube entertainment and can't get rid of them. my guess is that they are all charlatans. They are like virus's. It's like people that promise you can learn to play the piano in 6 easy lessons. Anybody that has ever tried knows that's impossible, unless mary had a little lamb is your goal.

Trading Services. The ones I've seen, or have done free trials for, weren't worth pursuing. You still have to know what you're doing. Not saying there aren't any. There is one I might ask for past trades just to see. If they are unwilling to show their track record then it's a gamble. I'm content doing ny own work and taking the trades that I can work out.

Armstrong Socrates, You still have to know what you're doing, and you have to pay for each market that you want to trade for a premium analysis otherwise it's geared to non-traders that just want to know what's going on. But he covers 100's of markets. I know somebody that has it but doesn't know what to do with it and has asked me to interpret it for hin. He has his own terminology and so you have to read the manual and study. No hand holding and you can still get your ass kicked if you don't know what you're doing. Long term trends seem worthwhile.

Posting trades. It seems to me there are no longer active traders on the website with maybe few exceptions. The good will gesture might just be like posting into the void. There are few trades that were posted around the site that would have made or will make people $ if they understood what they were reading. I think stackers are all that's left waiting for somebody to tell them that the bull market has resumed because if you can't determine the long tern trend yourself, count a few cycles, than you have no way to determine when the bear market ended and the bull market began until the main trend is well in progress.

Traders are totally different breed than long term investors.

Thu, Feb 21, 2019 - 6:42am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Thanks for the feedback on

Thanks for the feedback on Armstrong. Not surprised that Socrates comes with its own language. Also not surprised that one still has to make the decision on trading themselves. It’s the saving on data treatment to get to the indicators, and the choice of indicators that appeals. Plus, other than the algos that drive his indicators, it’s as opinion free as you can get. Have to pay by market, eh? That might not be so bad, so far one market has done me well enough.

Thu, Feb 21, 2019 - 8:33pm HappyNow
HappyNow
-
Canada

HappyNow wrote:

HappyNow wrote:

I’m not going to post such detailed trades for some time. Trades have been going well lately.

Exited all the shorts, went to long and....

Currently, short silver.

Less short today.

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 - 10:31am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Have been playing the shorts

Have been playing the shorts as price wanders up and down. Didn’t buy any long in there.

Unloaded most of the short this morning around Ag=$15.76

Kept a tranche as $15.63 is a real possibility but if I don’t see the chart shaping up the way I like will exit with the profit I can have and be flat.

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 - 2:17pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

Exited last short at Ag=$15

Exited last short at Ag=$15.70. Switched sides, expect bounce.

Fri, Mar 1, 2019 - 9:50am
HappyNow
-
Canada

No bounce off that. Bought

No bounce off that. Bought another long tranche, Ag=$15.40

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 - 9:28pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

All in on the long side of

All in on the long side of Silver. Dang.

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 - 8:09am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Thought I’d posted this

Thought I’d posted this earlier...sold a tranche. Like to take profit quickly when all in.

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 10:37pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

....bought long @Ag=15.13.

....bought long @Ag=15.13.

30 cents in silver is just right to give me a satisfying trade.

Wed, Mar 20, 2019 - 9:27am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Expecting some action in

Expecting some action in silver today!

Wed, Mar 20, 2019 - 2:48pm HappyNow
HappyNow
-
Canada

HappyNow wrote:

HappyNow wrote:

Expecting some action in silver today!

And so it was. Sold that tranche on the pop, Ag=$15.54.

Thu, Mar 28, 2019 - 9:34am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Long a tranche @ Ag=$15.08

Long a tranche @ Ag=$15.08

Tue, Apr 9, 2019 - 9:55am
HappyNow
-
Canada

Small payday at Ag=$15.29.

Small payday at Ag=$15.29.

Still holding balance of longs.