x3rs of the pm

487 posts / 0 new
Last post
Weasel Tracker
Weasel Tracker's picture
Hat Tips: 290
I exited my long position in

I exited my long position in silver early last week and have been sitting on cash. Big move coming in the next day or two in my opinion 

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Hat Tips: 2492
Exited a little early. Wanted

Exited a little early. Wanted to reset trading levels with TDA. 

Out JNUG 15.25 at 14.37 for a loss. I am still trying to figure out TDA vs Scott, slow process for me with a steeeep learning curve. I can't figure out how to set an all or none order option among other things. Finally set my charting page. I still miss my Scottrade ticker page. 

Account is still green from start day, up 3.6% since re-entry into trading. I'll take it. 

Looks like pm had/having a good run today...may rip later, but I'm playing the fade. All cash right now. LBO set at 12.93 JNUG so I can walk away today and focus on other things. Prolly will miss a little run here. Bull set up looks good, but the after open fade has been ruling the short term view. These days who knows...GLTA

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Scalped JDST today, not

Scalped JDST today, not much, .37 per share....didn't want to hold it during Trump's presser and missed out on the expected JNUG EOD dump. 

Awaiting JNUG to come back some before re-entry. Will put in a serious LBO at low 13s and wait, unless action suggests otherwise. Might layer in at x3 and set up at 13.75, 13.30, and 12.90...not real sure yet, have to chart it out. 

PDT status didn't transfer to TDA from Scott. Held off making moves due to thinking it did. It's ok, didn't have time to babysit anyway. 

Looking for a headline related hit/fade on pm after today...BLSBS friday ???

Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 2838
I’m back.  Had to sit on my

I’m back.  Had to sit on my hands waaay too much, and the pips up weren’t catching my price.  Exited for small gain a chunk of my long Ag position at what turned out to be today’s high. Considering the length of time I’ve held it’s not any great play but being restricted to NYSE hours I didn’t want to exit lower and get burned.

WeaselTracker, I was looking for the exit as well and if it had gone another week I would have taken the loss.   Hope we move up a little more so I can exit the rest without too much pain but soon will take the side of ‘all rallies will be shorted’ as April approaches.

Tony, my account doesn’t have all or none as an option any more so maybe with trading fees being so low they are not accepting them?   It does have stop loss which wasn’t available a year ago.  I’m not with Scott.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

tonym9
tonym9's picture
WT: pretty good call HN:

WT: pretty good call

HN: Sitting on hands is tough. But must be done. Yep, they don't have an all or none feature. bummer

Back in JNUG at 13.46 (100%) and it took 6 orders to fill my LBO...it's not that big TDA...yey. 

Didn't sit on my hands long enuf most likely...had a LBO set at 12.98...prolly pulled the trigger too early.

Share count keeps going up, so no complaints. Manufacturing shares is the game right now, trying to set up for the takeoff...if it ever comes.  

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Out of 13.46 JNUG at 13.13

Out of 13.46 JNUG at 13.13 per. Gold has 'that' look to it. Better to step out of the way. Knew 13.46 was an early entry, should have waited on it. 

Stink LBO set at 12.05...off to do other things. If it gets filled, good. If not willing to check in eod and see what the result was. 

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Back in JNUG at

Back in JNUG at 13.29....shocked that it held. Was awaiting 12 land....silver started up signals, in I went. GLTA

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Sold JNUG 13.29 just now in

Sold JNUG 13.29 just now in AM at 13.61....pretty mad at myself for friday (iirc) where I held at 13.70 land and out of pure greed did not sell it then. Watched it come back to my entry point. Today I saw it dipped into 12hi then ran back up. I have to get better at being in sync. Will await an entry tomorrow...with CPI not sure which way it will go. 

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Watching paint dry has to be

Watching paint dry has to be more exciting than the JNUG trade this week.

I had a few scalps this week, nothing to write home about. Entered yesterday (maybe day before, its all kind of blended together) at 12.95, still holding...  

crickets...

FOMC next week for potential pain trade....always seems there's pain trades on the horizon, never any joy trades....look out for this, watch out for that, hey beware this is coming. Yuk. The life of a pm trader. At least I can go JDST when I want, but that side of the deal makes me nervous as hell. Sometimes I think Im crazy for doing this. 

In the 2ish months i've been back weve had one good run of which i was too conservative in. But the good news is share count is up and I've played this downturn the right way. In the end share count will be much more important than price per share. So I'll keep playing the grind as long as I can.

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Sold the 12.95 this morning

Sold the 12.95 this morning at 12.93....got a little ansy and bought back in 10 minutes too early at 12.82, watched it go to low 12.60s....sold at 13.13 at 11amcst....flat right now, but have a mental LBO back at hi 12 land. Trying to position for post FOMC, a few trading hours left to manufacture shares before the run.

tonym9
tonym9's picture
yey fomc days! had a detailed

yey fomc days! had a detailed post, lost it. short story: good trading today! Currently in JDST.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Have been trading my way out

Have been trading my way out of the hole I dug by being long for too long.  After selling the short today I’m still net long and will continue to exit on rallies.

Between moving in to our new house and a promotion at work having little time to trade and barely any time to post or read at tfmr

Weasel Tracker
Weasel Tracker's picture
Hat Tips: 290
Hey congrats HN! Good to hear

Hey congrats HN! Good to hear you are well! Busy is a good thing in my opinion.

I'm sitting on cash. Not feeling good about direction here.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Thanks WT.  yes it’s a good

Thanks WT.  yes it’s a good kind of busy.

shorting the rallies.  Not trying to play the long from Ag $16.30 because I can’t risk getting tied up in a meeting or similar.  The shorts are pretty safe imho.  Still have a long tranche just in case but every time $16.70 fails I sell a bit more of it, expect after next rally I’ll have exited all long.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Aaaaaand short again from

Aaaaaand short again from $16.53

tonym9
tonym9's picture
I've been scalping within the

I've been scalping within the range. Flipping DUST and JNUG. Have missed some, but avoided bullets too...doing ok so far. 

Honestly I have no idea which way this is going. EW says down. I am much more open to a downturn now, but still have a long bias. 

Today: after a nice morning DUST scalp, flipped to JNUG and scalped some more, then folded the tent for the day. Based on news I made a rookie move and bought JNUG aftermarket at 13.86 per around 630pm cst...there's just so much out there tonight and Xi speaking was the final driver in the decision....rookie moves never play out. We shall see, but am prepared to take a morning premarket loss if need be. Any plans of developing a JNUG position to hold have been scuttled. Daytrade only until trend develops. 

JNUG Range: 13.10 to 13.90

DUST Range: 24hi to 26low

Will play the ranges until they don't range anymore. 

tonym9
tonym9's picture
sold 13.86 JNUG at 14.00 in

sold 13.86 JNUG at 14.00 in early premarket...flat...awaiting entry

tonym9
tonym9's picture
Tiny scalps this morning in

Tiny scalps this morning in JNUG. Flat right now with a stink at 13.30, doubt it gets hit. No way I play with DUST right now. 

Most likely gold gets a bounce upon kabooms in the not so distant future, but I can't shake the sneaky feeling of a downdraft coming. 

JNUG has held at 14 on USD/JPY and USD microspikes. The cap on silver is still intact. Gold at 1340low. JNUG holders seem strong while watching the tick for tick this morning. It would seem geopolitical is making for strong JNUG hands. 

As we've seen so many times this year geopolitical moves always come back...

EW? Violate 1365-70 on a gold spike and then what...

It just doesn't make sense...up is down, down is up...daytrade scalps only in this environment. 

REMEMBER: x3pm plays are not pillows...

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Tony I’m ok (as ok as anyone

Tony I’m ok (as ok as anyone can be with a trade) with being short here.  Have been scalping as you but not on the long side because I see the potential for a sharp turn down as far more likely than up.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Increased short position at

Increased short position at Ag=$16.84.   Tony let’s hope we’re both right haha.  The penalty for holding a leveraged ETF is much, much lower for the Canadian versions so the cost of a few days, even a month (gulp) is negligible.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "x3rs of the pm "