Palestinians deserve Obama’s support in September

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
SushiSioux
SushiSioux's picture
Hat Tips: 2064
Palestinians deserve Obama’s support in September

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/78d3e550-9aa1-11e0-bab2-00144feab49a.html#ixzz1PyIMzCau

Mr Netanyahu’s gamesmanship aside, we are pleased that Mr Obama recognised that Palestine must be based on the 1967 border. If Israel continues to choose colonisation over a two-state solution, we hope that the US will support our peaceful efforts to realise our national rights at the UN this September. As Mr Obama noted, the transformations taking place in the Middle East provide “a moment of opportunity”. We ask that this not be missed: it is truly an opportunity for Palestinians, Israelis, and world peace.
Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:06
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Palestine

There is one country in the Middle East where it is safe to be a Christian.

There is one country in the Middle East where women have the same rights as men.

There is one country in the Middle East where elections are free and open.

There is one country in the Middle East that forcefully opposes terrorism.

There is one country in the Middle East that is a steadfast ally of the United States.

That country is Israel.

And you think it's a good idea to make that country - which is already tiny - even smaller?

Your screen name includes "Sioux." The genocide of the Native Americans by the European settlers was an absolute atrocity - far, far worse than what the Palestinians experienced. Native Americans have infinitely more claim to the land "occupied" by the United States than the Palestinians do to Israeli land. Yet you are not volunteering to give YOUR property to the descendants of the Natives from whom it was stolen.

Let's take it a step farther. If Native Americans began bombing nightclubs and bus stations in New York City, and demanding Manhattan Island back, do you think that President Obama - or anyone else in their right mind - would suggest that the way to end the acts of terrorism would be to give them what they're asking for?

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

SushiSioux
SushiSioux's picture
Hat Tips: 2064
with all due respect Paladex, you are regurgitating

with all due respect Paladex, you are regurgitating a set of talking points at least 30 years old, Do you get paid to post that?

How long will Israel be run by zionists?  Count Folke Bernadotte's assasination was perhaps  last chance to prevent the zionists from achieving power.  The crusader states lasted a few hundred years. South Africa has managed their transition quite nicely. 

Without the continued generous  1) cash 2) military and 3) diplomatic cover provided by the government of the United States of America,  we'd be spending more time focused on trade, vacation packages and other happier things  in connection with the Holy Land.

Washington Report on Middle East Affairs

East Jerusalem: Sharing our house with settlers – video

The Report on Israeli Settlement in the Occupied Territories

------------------------

Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees- Cities in Dust

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
Allow me to be knocked down

Allow me to be knocked down by a feather that an anti-semite has been attracted to a website on silver and gold.

Are you a refugee from Silverseek and the Aryan Nations threads on there, Sushi Sioux?

NCOT
NCOT's picture
Hat Tips: 955
Silvernomics, well said. I

Silvernomics, well said.

I too have noticed so many anti semites on the silver forums, with the whole Zionist conspiracy theories.

I don't get it. I'll probably get lectured here but I don't care.

People are people, Jews, Zionist, Muslims, Christians, what ever hat they wear (no pun) has nothing to do with the price of Silver. 

As for the original article, I think that Obama has come across too heavy handed and will probably realize it in time. 

Any information written above is purely for entertainment purposes only. I will not be held responsible for my own comments as I'm slightly mentally unhinged.
As most people quote a movie in their signature here's one:
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" . Don't be the fool that follows me!

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
NCOT, the FT is never wrong

NCOT, the FT is never wrong on anything, except the gold price of course which should be about $300 according to their left-liberal statist keynesian mindset.

Ed Balls used to be a leader writer for the FT. That's about as much of an indictment as one needs. Aka Chief Secretary to the Treasury when the Treasury dumped half of Britain's gold for $250 an ounce.

It's no coincidence that the FT is printed on pink paper. That's what they are: idiot pinkos.

The first thing the Palestinians would do if they took 1967 borders would be to ship in truckloads of Al Qaeda and Iran-backed Revolutionary Guards from across the Jordan river. The next thing they would do is start firing shoulder-mounted rockets from the plains above Ben Gurion airport to bring civilian airliners down.

NCOT
NCOT's picture
They're  already letting all

They're  already letting all sorts in now anyway through Egypt.

People talking about SHTF, if it kicks off in the Middle East that's serious SHTF.

Israel is like Dr David Banor in the Hulk, don't make him angry, you won't like it when he's angry!

Any information written above is purely for entertainment purposes only. I will not be held responsible for my own comments as I'm slightly mentally unhinged.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" . Don't be the fool that follows me!

Citizen621
Citizen621's picture
Hat Tips: 241
Anti-Semites?

So if I believe it is wrong for Israelis to build their houses in other people's countries I'm an anti-semitic member of Aryan Nation?

You people are insane. 

NCOT
NCOT's picture
Citizen, I wasn't claiming

Citizen, I wasn't claiming that people with that particular opinion are anti-semitic.

I was commenting more on so many members on silver forums being anti-semitic in general with their conspiracy theories.

I don't think most of the settlements are right, but then I don't believe wanting to wipe an entire race off the face of the earth is right either.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
I think that if you expect to

I think that if you expect to be treated as a good faith participant when you put forward a moralising posture riddled with implicit loaded/ erroneous assumptions, Citizen621, then you are most definitely self-indulgent, delusional, an intellectual simpleton and most probably afflicted with a tendency to veer into bigotry based on underlying psychological problems.

Happy to clear things up for you.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
"come and take it back.. " 

"come and take it back.. " 

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Re: Palestine

Paladex wrote:

There is one country in the Middle East where it is safe to be a Christian.

There is one country in the Middle East where women have the same rights as men.

There is one country in the Middle East where elections are free and open.

There is one country in the Middle East that forcefully opposes terrorism.

There is one country in the Middle East that is a steadfast ally of the United States.

That country is Israel.

And you think it's a good idea to make that country - which is already tiny - even smaller?

Your screen name includes "Sioux." The genocide of the Native Americans by the European settlers was an absolute atrocity - far, far worse than what the Palestinians experienced. Native Americans have infinitely more claim to the land "occupied" by the United States than the Palestinians do to Israeli land. Yet you are not volunteering to give YOUR property to the descendants of the Natives from whom it was stolen.

Let's take it a step farther. If Native Americans began bombing nightclubs and bus stations in New York City, and demanding Manhattan Island back, do you think that President Obama - or anyone else in their right mind - would suggest that the way to end the acts of terrorism would be to give them what they're asking for?

One nation huh?  Funny, I thought you were talking about Jordan there, for a moment.  After all, Jordan never ruthlessly sank and machine gunned the survivors of a US ship.  You also don't have ultra-orthodox jews running around beating up women for not covering their whole bodies up outside of Israel.  Pretty sure that Arabs, even though they were born in Israel, aren't allowed to vote.  I guess allowing US proxy torture bases in Syria doesn't count as "forceful".  I guess Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait (among others) don't count?  Even though they have been our allies for just as long as Israel, or even LONGER in some cases.

Further, you don't understand the differences between the Native Americans and the Palestinians.  First, the Palestinians you stole that land from are still alive, or are in their second generation.  The land you stole from them was their by written title, and they occupied it and improved it.  You literally have Jews living in houses built by Palestinians that were forced to flee by troops going house to house murdering anyone they found.  The Native Americans are in the 5th generation since the last Indian war, and they never owned the land, save for a few sedentary tribes like the Pueblo and the Hopi (who retained their land).  There was never clear title in those cases, and they in fact did NOT own the land.  They were communists, and held amongst themselves that no-one owned anything, for the most part.  As such, there was no-one to return anything to.

You might note that the Native Americans are NOT bombing nightclubs.  Why do you think that is?  Because we don't OPPRESS THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THEM.  We don't bulldoze their homes.  We don't build settlements on their land.  We don't roll through their reservations with tanks and planes, or allow people into those settlements who were sure to try to commit genocide upon them when left unchecked.  No, they are allowed to have their own governments, and exist as sovereign nations, exactly what you deny to the Palestinians.

The fact that you are unable to use even a modicum of critical thinking sickens me.  The fact that you don't understand natural rights, or the consequences of their violation saddens me.  The fact that you will never recognize a crime of this magnitude even right in front of your eyes as a crime TERRIFIES me.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
"Saddened, sickened and

"Saddened, sickened and bewildered" - didn't Kellie Pickler do a cover of that on American Idol a few years ago?

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Wow, this is disgusting. So

Wow, this is disgusting.

So disagreement with the policies of Israel makes one a member of the Aryan nations, and an anti-semite?

Allow me to dump any form of respect I had for you in the toilet.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Jog on.This is a

Jog on.

This is a forum that was created with the intention of discussing economic issues.

If the predictable bigots and useful idiot saps want to hijack it to vent their anti-Israel crap then they're not going to get a free rein.

NCOT
NCOT's picture
Crimes

Quote:

... or allow people into those settlements who were sure to try to commit genocide upon them when left unchecked. 

Really? genocide? brilliant.

No, they are allowed to have their own governments, and exist as sovereign nations, exactly what you deny to the Palestinians.

Erm, the Palestinians do have their own government, one that's internationally recognized as a terrorist organization.

I'm not saying that Israel is always right, but I'm not siding with a people who don't just want land, but want all Jews dead. THATS a crime.

The argument over who should have what is never going end. There is no right or wrong answer. However there is a right and a wrong way to discuss it.

One side is saying 'ok lets talk about it' the other is saying 'forget talking, we want you dead.' Guess which side is which....

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
I have seen countless forums

I have seen countless forums over time degenerate as soon as the mouth-foaming anti-zionists start using them to spew forth their self-righteous and misinformed malice.

Let's hope Turd nips such threads in the bud on this forum and erases 'em.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Uh-huh, and just what is it

Uh-huh, and just what is it that you think I talk about 99.99% of the time?  And if it's for discussing economics, why the FUCK are you bringing up shit like this?

You perpetuate murder on both sides of the Israeli Palestinian struggle by your refusal to recognize natural rights.  You, sir, are NO AMERICAN.  Why is it that if you support fair treatment, like, say, the right to VOTE, that you are anti-Israel?  Are you saying that Israel is the literal antithesis of freedom?  Those are your words, not mine.

Also funny that you call me a "useful idiot", when you are the one supporting the party line of the US government.  Or did you forget that?  You know, the same guys who are supposed to be our ENEMIES because they violate OUR rights?

And BIGOTS?  Who is the bigot, the guy calling for equality for all, or the guy calling for the "justified" containment of and continuous embargo and WAR against the natives of a land that they conquered?  Do you even know what a bigot is?  Here, let me help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigot

And people know about the tricks Zionists/Nazis use to stop any and all questioning of their genocidal policies:

Words can not express my contempt for you TRUE Neo-Nazis.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
wipe down mouth

It goes to show your blinkered mentality that you assumed I'm American.

Most obliged that you posted a typographical representation of mouth-foaming.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Reasonable People

NCOT wrote:

I'm not saying that Israel is always right, but I'm not siding with a people who don't just want land, but want all Jews dead. THATS a crime.

The argument over who should have what is never going end. There is no right or wrong answer. However there is a right and a wrong way to discuss it.

One side is saying 'ok lets talk about it' the other is saying 'forget talking, we want you dead.' Guess which side is which....

You are more reasonable.  But still wrong.  There is ALWAYS a right answer.  The correct answer recognizes private property rights, and defends those rights.

No-one ever talks about how the Muslims and the Jews that remained in Israel got along JUST FINE prior to the arrival of Western Zionists starting around 1898.  No-one ever talks about the reason that Muslims hate Jews.  Or they claim it is religious, or genetic, or some stupid crap (funny, since they are the exact same people, the Palestinians are merely Jews who converted to Islam a thousand years ago).  They NEVER talk about the incredible evil brought in by the Zionists, who raised a war machine, and went house to house, evicting Arabs.  Literally stealing their homes.  No-one EVER recognizes that the Nazis did the EXACT SAME THING to the Jews in the territories they conquered.  Yet at the end of the war, attempts were made to return the stolen property.  But not here.  Because the group they claim to represent was once a victim of the worst part of humanity, they get a free pass when it comes to repeating those hideous acts.

Again, I will say: disgusting.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
You have the correct avatar

silvernomics wrote:

It goes to show your blinkered mentality that you assumed I'm American.

Most obliged that you posted a typographical representation of mouth-foaming. Now characterise rage through interpretative dance.

Actually, I will express my joy that your evil is not from my own nation.  But now I realize that you aren't one of the Christian zionists, who might actually be convinced by reason.  I bet you are posting from a home on stolen land as we speak.

You keep justifying your actions.  I'm sure you were "just following orders".  Don't forget what your own people did for justice (and it was true justice) against those who were "just following orders".  Those who fail to recognize natural law are doomed to live in fear, as violence is the fruit of its violation.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Palestinians deserve Obama’s support in September "