This Won't End Well

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
4 oz
4 oz's picture
Hat Tips: 12109
Find myself Wondering....

Find myself wondering IF this thing is EVER gonna end.....

brokerk22
brokerk22's picture
Hat Tips: 4200
@ 4 oz

I pray for it to end everyday but yet I wake up to this nightmare everymorning.

4 oz
4 oz's picture
Hat Tips: 12109
@ Brokerk22

Not in any hurry or anything...just a simple stacker here.... For me at least it's not a nightmare.... lol, it's actually gotten sorta boring.  Heard a zillion peeps say, "This isn't going to end well" and I'm sure that is true.  Still ya can't -unsee- what you've seen, and come to understand....even if next to no one else see's what you do, ya know??

Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
Hat Tips: 13619
4oz : " Find myself wondering IF this thing is EVER gonna end.."

I hear you, brother !  

Not long ago I was reading Murray Rothbard's account of the 1930s Great Depression. For those not familiar with him, Rothbard was a free market Austrian school economist, historian, libertarian thinker, and prolific writer. The man was a genius. It was interesting to read the beginning of book where he had all the introductions from previous editions, & where Rothbard commented on then current economic and political conditions in America & the rest of the world. The introduction from the 1970s was grim. Nixon had dumped gold convertibility, of course. The economy was stagnate and inflation was terrible. At one point the U.S. Treasury had to sell paper priced in Swiss francs since the U.S.dollar was so bad. Rothbard wasn't optimistic about the economic and political prospects for the U.S.A. I don't recall if he thought the situation would degrade into hyperinflation. I'll have to go back over the book when I get the chance.

And then Volcker came in and raised interested rates to 19%. Many little guys got crushed. Gold got hammered. Inflation got under control, and the table was set for the next round of bankster asset inflation when Reagan was elected. - - Rothbard didn't see any of this when he wrote his introduction.

And if an historian, economist, and freakin' genius didn't see something like that, what are the prospects that some current less-than-genius 'guru' or you & I will be able to predict much of anything ?

- - -

Back in the 70s I was a young guy 'doing his duty' in a stint in the U.S.military. Had no clue what was happening economically. I got my government paycheck and wasn't impacted directly by such matters; it was completely off the radar. The only history that was interesting back then to guys like me, was military history. Our main concern was that the Russkies might invade Europe.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "This Won't End Well"