Greek PM Papandreou survives crucial vote: reports

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Greek PM Papandreou survives crucial vote: reports

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/greek-pm-papandreou-survives-crucial-vote-reports-2011-06-21-1753430?link=MW_home_latest_news

Market surges to 20,000 lol

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

unum mountaineer
unum mountaineer's picture
Hat Tips: 3
the band plays louder

check out the eur. also au and ag. interesting 1st day of summer no?

Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
I clicked the link just to

I clicked the link just to see the avatar again.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

California Lawyer
California Lawyer's picture
Hat Tips: 22065
Yawn

This vote was a foregone conclusion.  Let's see how close the austerity vote is.  I bet the Greeks vote yes to austerity, as the crooked politicians have all been bought off.

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly."
Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
Greek Comedy/Tragedy

I realize everything is rigged in the EuroZone and how this vote turned out was predestined by TPTB in the IMF  but a "yes" in a confidence vote in G-Pap, (even in a increasingly insane world) is so irrational as to be surreal. The populace of course would vote him out if it were a fair referendum on the man and his Government. The banksters and politico's are not done using him yet. The longer he stays in power the longer they can string it out even further over there until the next slow motion Euro event unfolds and eats up more time and gives them more time.

The austerity vote is another thing, I agree. Lots of paramilitary vs. anarchists, looters  and righteous citizens is what will happen in Greece. Lets see how much they'll show on the American MSM.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale...
https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

jlee2027
jlee2027's picture
Hat Tips: 1286
re: Yawn

Quote:
This vote was a foregone conclusion.  Let's see how close the austerity vote is.  I bet the Greeks vote yes to austerity, as the crooked politicians have all been bought off.

If the austerity measure passes, the crowd just might storm Parliament.  The lawmakers know this, that might change a few votes.

infinite_easing
infinite_easing's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
The vote split perfectly

The vote split perfectly along party lines, with all 155 government members voting the line, and the opposition parties all aligned against the government. From my perspective, this is really just a forerunner of the austerity measures vote expected next week. It other words, the measures will pass.

Of course, that result will only get 12 B euro in EU/ECB/IMF support out for July's redemptions. The next twelve months are brutal with Greek government bond repayments running roughly at 16-18 billion a month. So the real excitement is probably coming as we lurch toward August, when the question of the 2nd bailout will become more pressing. As we know so far in the story there is not even the slightest whiff of a consensus among EU finance ministers.

Quintus
Quintus's picture
Hat Tips: 61
Austerity Measures will most likely pass

The Eurocrats will make sure of that, no matter what the cost.  They haven't bent and broken every rule of common sense, and some legal and constitutional ones for that matter, to fail now.

The only hope that reality prevails is if the Greek people simply refuse to accept the new measures, turn off the power grid like they did on Monday, and bring the whole economy to a halt via National strikes until G-Pap gets the message.

I take no moral stand on the rights and wrongs of how the Greeks got to where they are now, but for them to submit to a raping of their country and a mass sell-off of public assets simply to repay imaginary money that the ECB conjured up out of thin air, and then default anyway, would simply be insane.  

This process will be repeated in may countries in the coming years unless someone stands up and refuses to go along with the Banksters.  The ball is currently in the Greek's court.  If they fail, the Banksters will next loot the Irish, Portuguese, Spanish....all the way up the food chain to the biggest debtor of them all - Uncle Sam.

"When you own gold, you're fighting every central bank in the world." -- Jim Rickards

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Greek PM Papandreou survives crucial vote: reports"