Article: The Yukon: The new address for gold

135 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Article: The Yukon: The new address for gold

http://www.miningmarkets.ca/news/the-yukon-the-new-address-for-gold/1000484680/

Found this article. Thought I would post it since it lists a lot of the gold miners up in the Yukon. Enjoy. There is a pic of Shawn Ryan in the upper right hand corner.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:20

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
Hat Tips: 4521
Nuthin!

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
I found this link to some

I found this link to some maps of the stakeholders in the Yukon. If someone knows where to get the most updated info I would be grateful. It would be nice to see these properties next to each other and who owns them. Thanks and enjoy.

http://www.yukonminingrecorder.ca/mapdata.html

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

ewc58
ewc58's picture
Yukon Gold Rush II

Here's a favorite Yukon miner page of mine. I find the info posted here is very good, the posters are a pretty savvy group. I hope y'all find it helpful too: http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/subject.aspx?subjectid=57975

Enjoy

Don't Tread On Me

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Nice thread guys

I own Kaminak ( as you well know), so I'll monitor this thread.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
MOre Kaminak

This is the most I've had to contribute on Kaminak.  I'll copy and paste it here from another thread.

Kaminak

Here's the NYT article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/magazine/mag-15Gold-t.html?pagewanted=...

Here's the snippet from page 7 that (I believe) applies to Kaminak.

"At Wood and Ryan’s cabin in Dawson, the roar of air transport was constant. Ryan was flying over a growing empire with confidence. Yet his latest assertion was so hard to believe that even Fleming, who had spent more than $10 million proving the deposits on the White, found it hard to credit. Ryan told him there was more than one mother lode.

The holes Underworld was drilling on the White showed a thick, concentrated deposit: a million and a half ounces in one small zone. This was not a long quartz vein, as in the California gold fields, but a well-defined pocket, a bubble of gold. Had it been closer to a creek, it would have all washed down and left nothing behind. Ryan was building evidence of a second huge deposit on a ridge only 20 miles away, but when Fleming looked at the data, he waved it off."

​Here's the news release from Kaminak.

http://www.kaminak.com/investors/news_releases/2009/index.php?&content_i...

Ryan is mentioned in the part under "The Agreement".

The Agreement Kaminak can earn a 100% interest in the properties from Shawn Ryan of Dawson City, Yukon, subject to a 2% NSR in favour of the vendor. To earn its interest Kaminak will commit to an exploration budget of $250,000 for 2009 and issue Mr. Ryan an initial payment of 250,000 common shares of Kaminak and $75,000 cash. However, Kaminak is eligible for prospecting grants from the Yukon government and has submitted applications for refunds totalling $101,000.

And just for kicks, here is Kaminak's presentation, with all the maps and everything.

http://www.kaminak.com/_resources/may_2011_kam_presentation-opt.pdf

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Stumbled onto this article

Pretty good name-dropper of an article if you are looking for ways to play the Yukon.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/273045-pi-financial-s-jim-mustard-is-the-yukon-gold-rush-over-hyped

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
@Eric Original I'll see you

@Eric Original

I'll see you and raise you!

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/8360

This guy is now the main geologist at Golden Predator. Just an FYI. As Eric stated above more Yukon company name dropping. Many are the same.

kjm
kjm's picture
Hat Tips: 879
Watch for weakness in GPD

Watch for weakness in GPD starting second week of July. The latest pp paper will be free trading then.

Wolverine wlv.v has had a few nice days. Small float and run by some guys that Brent Cooke thinks alot of.

Pex is also run by a savvy mining guy with Yukon experience but hasn't made a move yet.

Anyone know whats up with Tak?  Big Yukon acreage but getting sold off.

SQI of course is rockin' but probably driven by its BC jv not its Yukon properties.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
PEX

PEX has my attention just because I remember John Brock from some prior plays.  The Skookum Jim prospect that they are drilling right now at the Mariposa property seems like it has as good a shot as any in the area.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
@kjm What are the other

@kjm What are the other companies? Tak? and Pex?

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Good Doctor

I believe kjm was referencing Taku Gold and Pacific Ridge Exploration. Both players in the White Gold area of the Yukon.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Kaminak

Sold my Kaminak today.  Yukon hype is at a fever pitch.  Summer drill results are imminent across the region.  My gut tells me that even great holes will disappoint.  I'll watch from the sidelines, popcorn in hand.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
I don't know Eric. Golden

I don't know Eric. Golden Predator just released a PR that said 2 gpt across 92 meters. That is pretty darn good. When else will the shares run? Has to be during the summer as that is when they can drill the holes. I don't think the Yukon is hype. They say that the Yukon will be like the Carlin Trend in Nevada.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Good Doc

I hope you are right.  I'd like to see some big stories develop this summer.  

2g over 92 meters is a great hole, but the stock underperformed on a big up day.  That's the problem I'm talking about.  I'm afraid we might see more of that.

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Hat Tips: 1456
Goden Predator

I'm in Golden Predator on the TSX and OTC for the long term.  I don't mind the day to day short term moves. 

ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9197
I want this on my history

I want this on my history thread, will be indulging very soon.

Thanks for the links guys.

Take everything in moderation, including moderation~

LeeHo
LeeHo's picture
Hat Tips: 1456
GPD Link

http://www.dailybuyselladviser.com/news/blank/gold-stocks1221-1.html

We visited the Yukon and its blossoming gold rush last autumn in the company of an advisory that covers junior resource stocks (see Daily Buy-Sell Adviser, October 12).

Six months later, enthusiasm for the region’s prospects has not waned. Mr. O’Hara sees it exemplified by a man who is “looking at the forest while others are looking at the trees.”

Mr. William Sherriff is the chairman and CEO of Golden Predator Corp. (TSX/V-GPD). He is also “a geologist with a keen sense of observation which he applies to the big geological picture that others don’t look for,” says the writer.

Exploration companies run on two things. The first is the track record of the people in charge. The second is the financing they attract, which is directly related to the first.

Mr. Sherriff has a big win to his credit, points out this analyst. He was the co-founder of uranium mining firm Energy Metals Corp. In 2007, he sold it to Uranium One Inc. (TSX-UUU) for $1.8 billion.

He has staked his new company’s future “on becoming the leading gold explorer in Canada’s Yukon.”

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
@LeeHo Yes, I am excited for

@LeeHo

Yes, I am excited for the Yukon. I have four stocks that I can think of with exposure to the Yukon. I'd like to get into some more. Just need some patience and due diligence. I look at it this way. I got it for a buck a share. It was up to the $1.30's. So, in my mind I got a pretty good discount.

kjm
kjm's picture
Hat Tips: 879
Actually none of the Yukon

Actually none of the Yukon plays have done much yet share wise. I'd like to see them all performing like SQI.   I'm counting on GPD to be one of the leaders this summer and fall. I think its current weakness is related to the pp paper coming free trading next week, which amounts to about 25mm shares excluding the warrants.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
http://www.goldenpredator.com

http://www.goldenpredator.com/documents/GPDNR11-25-GC-Results_000.pdf

Here's the presser from today. Please note the map of the projects in the Yukon. It is crazy. They are one of the biggest landholders in the Yukon. Shawn Ryan (Ryan Gold) and Constantine are two others with large chunks of land. One of the links I posted above has some info on the larger land holders. I think it is the first one.

I actually stumbled upon a video of Bill Sherriff one day. I watched that video and he was so focused and knowledgeable. You could tell this was a smart man and that he knew what he was doing and talking about. I was impressed. Then I did a little DD and knew that I found a good one with this company.

Anyway, if you get a chance watch some video of Bill Sherriff. You will be impressed. The one I saw he was actually at a site.

Thanks for that info. I didn't know that he had sold a company for 1.8 billion. That speaks volumes about the guy - that he's been successful before!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Article: The Yukon: The new address for gold"