Catholic Vote

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
Hat Tips: 12569
Catholic Vote

Catholics voted for Obama in the last two elections. (So did an overwhelming majority of blacks, and most women.) From what I've read, the majority of Catholics will vote Dem this election too. What is wrong with these people ?  I have run into Catholics who are solid citizens and strongly family orientated who have voted for candidates supporting views which are 100% opposed to their own beliefs. Why should a candidate care about what you say about abortion & the selling of baby body parts, for example, - if you'll blindly vote for them anyway ?  I find this <deplorable>.

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2739:total-surrender-modernism-s-impact-on-the-catholic-vote

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/2746-the-money-trail-why-catholic-bishops-are-silent-on-hillary

BTW - This is probably preaching to the choir. I imagine that most Catholic Turdites are likely leaning more for Trump. But, maybe you can speak some sense to misguided family & friends. It might help. Time grows short.

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 13585
@ Joseph

The problem is not with Catholics only.   Many believers have mingled "church (steeple house) and state" and left behind the mandate of the Church, that which has been written.  They have not received the revelation that their citizenship is in heaven and no longer in first Adam.  This will never change as long as they are blinded to the Truth:

Philippians 3:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Jim

NW VIEW

Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
@NW VIEW

Yes, I agree that the problem isn't just with Catholics. They do make up a sizable group of people, however.  (I was born & raised Catholic.)

AlienEyes
AlienEyes's picture
Hat Tips: 23299
Catholics

Over 90% of illegal aliens are Catholics and many Catholics see themselves as voting to increase Catholic power and influence. Myopic and insufferably stupid but them's the facts, Jack ! The other factor is the Catholic 'guilt trip' which they are brainwashed with from birth.

Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
" voting to increase Catholic power and influence "

Nope. That's not what I've seen. What I've seen is people that have been preached to see things as 'Christian, compassionate, and caring' which are often harmful. 

Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
Interesting poll

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/195251/protestant-catholic-views-clinton-trump-not-monolithic.aspx?g_source=POLITICS&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

AngryCitizen
AngryCitizen's picture
Hat Tips: 934
What Is Catholic?

JW, you raise an interesting topic that I have wondered about for a while. I have come to the conclusion that the "Catholic Vote" is the same as saying, "All cars are the same." Well, there are old cars, new cars, classics, antiques, Chevys, Fords, etc. One has only to take a trip to carcomplaints.com and look at, say the 1990's hondas vs. the 2000s hondas in order to see that not only are cars different, even when made by the same maker, but their reliability differs from year to year, according to OWNERS, not dealers or the makers.  Huh. Who'da thunk it.

My point is that to say that all Catholics vote this way or that is just like, "All cars are the same." It just aint so. I know many catholics and they all would not vote for anyone who is remotely connected to the support of abortion. Period.

I am related to democraps who do vote for the donkey itself, on the other hand. Every time. There's life-long conditioning at work here, which is powerful. Makes me that much more committed to my kids learning to logically reason, not just learn a trade, (which is just skilled slavery).

AE, as a catholic from a very young age, I have to disagree with you. I was taught that there really is Truth, right and wrong. I was taught that what I do matters to others, even if I can't see it right then. I was taught to understand my catholic faith thru my reasoning ability and increase my reasoning ability thru my faith. That's my paraphrase of a real smart man, Thomas Aquinas.  Today it's pretty easy to call yourself something, or let others label you something, and run with it. (The whole Target thing comes to mind.) Real catholics know and believe the stuff in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. If it ain't there, real catholics don't believe it. The rest of the "catholics" are sheeple who really don't have any faith, knowledge or desire for the Truth. Then there's those with an axe to grind who were hurt once upon a time by a flawed person in some position of authority. Then there are those who don't really know who to follow, so they try real hard not to follow anything.

History is full of catholics who worked a lot at putting their faith into practice. The professions of nursing and teaching are just two that were typically done by clergy for over a thousand years. These were the people who not only had the knowledge but wanted to use it for the benefit of others. It's still happening, in your city or town today.

But hey, what network wants to put people helping others, for no personal gain on the air? That's boring.

Just sayn'.

Frodo: "I wish it need not have happened in my time," Gandalf: "So do I. And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." J.R.R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973) The Fellowship Of The Ring

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Catholic Vote"