THE EVOLUTION SYSTEM

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sanford
Sanford's picture
Hat Tips: 932
Trade Update - TWTR and WBA

Sold TWTR Dec156 15.00 Calls @ 5.10

May have jumped the gun, but got an early signal. Never bad to take a profit. 21.4% gain in 4 days. I'll take it!

Looks like I may still have time on WBA, so I bought WBA Oct16 80.00 Calls @ 3.60

Sanford
Sanford's picture
XME

A large number of mining stocks have triggered a Buy hit on the EVO System on 09-02-16. I thought this ETF might be a good test case to follow. Let me know if you want me to check the set-up for an individual stock for you.

pontiac
pontiac's picture
Hat Tips: 1360
Mining stocks

Sanford, I am buying mostly silver or gold miners.  Is there a buy hit on the hybrid (equal silver and gold production) miners like HL and TAHO?

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Re: HL & TAHO

Hello Pontiac.

Thanks for your inquiry. I will give you a recap of the recent Evolution System (ES) suggestions for these 2 miners:

HL

08-29-16 Buy Trigger, but one indicator a little weak.

09-02-16 Continues as a buy with with improving indications.

Last Sell/Short Trigger on 08-12-16 with suggested position exit on 08-25-16.

TAHO

09-02-16 Buy Trigger.

Last Sell/Short Trigger on 08-15-16 with suggested position exit on 09-01-16.

Hope that answers your question.

-Sanford

pontiac
pontiac's picture
Hat Tips: 1360
Sanford

Thank you for your quick response.  the last sell/short triggers were excellent and I agree with the buy triggers.  It looks like this system is working very well.

trx16
trx16's picture
Hat Tips: 1991
Evolution System trading in the green.

Thank you Greg!!  Testing the waters with some very small trades before I back up the truck. 3 out of 4 trades are green. I'll take it!! What stock screening tools do you use? - Sometimes you trade stocks that you are most familiar with and for good reason but sometimes you need new trade ideas. Perhaps some tools that you could share with your fans on how to look for new trade ideas. - 

Ps. I use the evolution system to forecast trends in FOREX and my existing portfolio. -A great system!!

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Trade Update - WBA

Just a trade update on WBA. From my previous post, I bought WBA Oct16 80.00 Calls @$3.60 on 09-02-16. Sold today at $ 5.10. The EVO System was not suggesting a sell yet, but I wanted to be early rather than late. 38.03% ROI (including trading costs) in just 4 trading days...I will take that any week! I will be watching this one for a short opportunity in the days ahead.

brokerk22
brokerk22's picture
Hat Tips: 4175
They

just did the ole crush the Yen vs the dollar trick.

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Trade Update - TWTR

On a previous post on 09-02-16 I sold (real account) TWTR Dec16 15.00 calls @ 5.10. EVO triggered a Sell/Short entry point today (09-08-16), so I bought (paper trading account) Dec19 28.00 puts @ 9.70. We'll see how this trade would have gone...

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Losers???

I am not listing all my trades here as it seems like I may be talking to myself. Have I had any losing trades while using the Evolution System? Yes, I have...Two to be exact. I lost a grand total of $34.00. This was due to my impatience and not giving the trades time to play out. If I had just relied on the suggested triggers from the EVO SYS, I would still be in both trades and in the green. Oh well. Old habits die hard. So far, I am very impressed with the results if I can take my emotions out of the trade. I really like the Evolution System. Gregory Mannarino may be pulling the system off Lulu soon, so if you haven't downloaded your copy, it may soon be to late. A sales pitch by Greg? I don't think so as he has given so much away for free. I don't think he needs the money. All for now...

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Evolution Buy Hits for 09-14-16

Here are 4 stocks from the Dow Jones 30 that triggered Buy/Call hits today:

JPM, MCD, NKE, and PG

I would buy ITM Calls 3-4 months out.

badboll
badboll's picture
Hat Tips: 2
I'm using the alternative

I'm using the alternative system and none of these were a buy yesterday. Strange. Maybe they will be today.

Question though. I do have the UO indicator and for three of these picks it was not up. Am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

Sanford
Sanford's picture
@ badboll

You are correct. I jumped the gun as the CMO reverted back down...I should have waited for the close. The UO was not rising as much as we would like on two others. Please look at MCD and PG today and tell me what you think. I wish you had pointed this out yesterday. Thanks.

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Trade Update - WBA

I meant to post this trade when I entered it, but failed to do so. I will tell you the outcome even though I don't have the documentation post. WBA has been oscillating around it's 50 Day SMA, so it is creating some good trading opportunities.  I bought WBA Oct16 85.00 Puts on 09-09-16 for $3.15. Today, 09-15-16, I sold them for $4.70, netting a 44.9% (including trading costs) gain in 5 trading days. The Evolution System was not telling me to sell, but I am trying to be cautious in this squirrely market. I had an early Pivot Point Low and associated up-leg on the SD. The UO is rising. I do think that there should be a few more days left in this downtrend. I have a WBA Oct28 84.50 Put (weekly) that I bought on 09-14-16 for $4.40 and will hold for a little longer. We'll see if I am right about waiting to exit.

badboll
badboll's picture
@Sanford

Sanford wrote:

You are correct. I jumped the gun as the CMO reverted back down...I should have waited for the close. The UO was not rising as much as we would like on two others. Please look at MCD and PG today and tell me what you think. I wish you had pointed this out yesterday. Thanks.

My concern were if my UO wasn't configured properly. Mine says UO (7,14,28) which is default I guess, and Greg didn't tell us to modify it.

MCD wasn't a buy yesterday on the alternative, but today it made both crossovers. I thought we were suppose to look at the end-of-day chart only but maybe it's good to see how it opens in the morning and the indicators change to a buy.

With PG one indicator was crossing yesterday but today both.

(I write this now when the markets have been open for two hours.)

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Re: UO

On Fidelity AT Pro, we can't see or modify the settings for the UO, so I can't tell you what they are. If you want to compare end of day UO readings on some stocks, we can do that to see how the 2 systems compare. Also, any triggers you want to cross check. On AT Pro, both MCD and PG were buys as of end of trading Thursday and still are today. I have the specs for setting up on Trading View, but I have not spent any time using it.

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Re: Settings For TradingView

I have the specs for both Fidelity Active Trader Pro (ATP) and the alternative set-up on TradingView (TV). It looks to me as if the triggers for TV are lagging behind those of ATP. I have tweaked the settings and seemed to have them more in line. Let me know if you want to discuss them.

badboll
badboll's picture
Thanks, but I compared the UO

Thanks, but I compared the UO with the charts on Gregorys youtube channel. They are the same.

Yes, I'm interested in the other settings because I agree, the signals are not the same.

I replied to your post on The Evolution Devotion blog btw, my user name there is veidar.

veidar_97 (at) hotmail.com

badboll
badboll's picture
Intraday

Does anyone know about the indicators and when they are considered established?

I'm thinking of the latest video about XOM. Does he mean it's OK to buy as soon as the UO hooks up anytime during the day, or should we wait for near to the close of the day (so it gets established for that day)?  What I mean is, the UO can go upp during the day but then close down, so when do we enter the trade.

Sanford
Sanford's picture
Compression/Expansion Cycles

Gregory Mannarino just published another trading system as referenced in the subject line of this post. Since I feel that he has helped me make some fiat since I purchased the Evolution System, I decided to throw another $20 at lulu and try it out.  This system is geared toward shorter term trades of 3 to 5 days. He calls it day trading, but it is really momentum or swing trading. I will post some more after I have had time to check it out. If you are interested, you can find it here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/gregory-mannarino/day-trading-using-compression-and-expansion-cycles-for-profit/ebook/product-22884707.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "THE EVOLUTION SYSTEM"