Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

Survival Guide

99 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jun 15, 2016 - 5:52am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Bag of gold

Image result for bag of gold tf metals images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi9DNpAb9VypcM1H6N__H For our dear friend Bag of Gold. 'long may she be with us'.EHlV0TP.png

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Wed, Jun 15, 2016 - 10:08pm (Reply to #53)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Jun 15, 2016 - 10:10pm (Reply to #55)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Jun 15, 2016 - 10:17pm (Reply to #61)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jun 18, 2016 - 2:58am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Ruff's horse riding basics

Rule no.1

Don't stand on a bucket when mounting the horse -

funny fail gif getting on a horse

Sat, Jun 25, 2016 - 9:08am (Reply to #66)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jun 25, 2016 - 9:59am
sierra skier
-
ID

Can't wait to see it. My wife

Can't wait to see it. My wife needs a leg up on hers as well and would have it no other way.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 12:55am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 5:30am (Reply to #69)
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Sweet. I have a soft spot for big hemi's never owned any.

I parked up my HR Premier for almost exactly ten years. Fuelled it up, give it a few cranks to get the fuel through the lines and it hit all six almost instantly. i was very surprised. 

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 12:13pm
sierra skier
-
ID

My wife's dad was always a

My wife's dad was always a hot rodder and had a 1964 426 Plymouth Sport Fury that the kids used to hot rod on the strip (Hollywood) when they were growing up.They were fun cars. We had a 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible with a factory high performance 289 with 235 horsepower which I took my driver license test in.

Those were great days for sure.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 4:38pm (Reply to #70)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 5:01pm
BIGNASTY

Ruff Sweet Ride................................................

You will have tons of fun with your ride not too difficult to upgrade the brakes and suspensions. Now days you can buy high quality bolt on kits for brakes and suspension components that will make it easier to tame and enjoy.

I spent a lot of blood sweat and tears modifying, racing blowing up many a 68-69 dart, 70 challengers and cudas. Never built a hemi a few 426 wedges a lot of 340's and 440's but never stepped up to the big bucks. As cost soared to stay competitive in racing I gave it up. Figure I got one project left if TBTB allow just gotta find that diamond in the rough.

Thanks for sharing, great cars with great stories are a thing of beauty.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 6:36pm (Reply to #73)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 7:57pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Sweet Ruff, I know you will

Sweet Ruff, I know you will enjoy that car with your dad riding as copilot. Just don't wrap him and it around those trees cause you might really pi$$ him off.

You are right about the fuel compared to the tires. If you play hard with it tires just will not last for long. The suspension and breaks are weak spots compared to the rest of the drive train in those older cars.

Sun, Jun 26, 2016 - 9:21pm
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Ruff

You mention VW , steering , brakeing, and corny. Not corny at all. Most old holdens that i owned wouldnt steer, too much flex everywhwere. The HR has PA drums, so the pedal is deadly. My favorite drive was a VW fastback type 3 and it had a 4.4L leyland all alloy v8 in the back, and was fully registered in Victoria. It was the second fastest car up to 120mph, in my town. It would go faster but i never had the balls, it simply had NO feel in the steer, so it felt like you were doing a mono. And yes it did wheelstand. It was my daily ride, and i never had a down moment driving it. It looked totally standard apart from the widend rims, so it had the ultimate sleeper value. I had a run against a 351 gtho ford, poor bugger had no idea when i said to him at the lights,"your about to be burned off by a volkswagen". Good times, no they were great times.

Mon, Jun 27, 2016 - 6:17am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

ha great comments

You caught me snoozing. Thanks everyone!

Mon, Jun 27, 2016 - 6:54am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Darwin time

my favorite is still the guy who tore his nuts off in the golfball washer...

1. When his 38 - caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigg er again. This time it worked.

And now, the Honorable Mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space...understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental ho spital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer: $15.

(If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?)

7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the ci nder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the he would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the purse-snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 5 am, flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When th e man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.

** **** A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER*****

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

Mon, Jun 27, 2016 - 9:55am (Reply to #78)
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Then

Theres the guy who went in to the bank and said i have a U49 in my pocket, give me all your cash. She complied, and when she asked why the detectives interviewing her were smiling, they told her that a U49 was an unemployment form.

Wed, Jun 29, 2016 - 9:32pm
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

light magic zoetrope

Video unavailable
Thu, Jun 30, 2016 - 10:32pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments

by cashonly, 17 min 22 sec ago
by Angry Chef, 56 min 20 sec ago
by Angry Chef, 1 hour 2 sec ago
by Blackwatersailor, 1 hour 17 min ago
randomness