Where Has All The Silver Gone?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jake
Jake's picture
Hat Tips: 7806
Where Has All The Silver Gone?

SLV Has Lost Almost 60 Million Ounces of Silver Since 4/25/2011

I wonder if the Comex would be defaulted by now had it not been for the supplies drained from the SLV. I also wonder if this silver was really there in the first place. At this rate,  SLV has lost 1 million oz. on average each day including weekends and holidays. It stands at 306 Million assuming all is physical silver. If this pace keeps up, SLV will be drained of its silver by July, 2012. If there's no silver shortage, these numbers should be increasing or at least stabilizing. 

http://us.ishares.com/product_info/fund/overview/SLV.htm

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:09

Your Silver--I Want to Buy it! Sell Me Your Silver!

mouser
mouser's picture
Hat Tips: 5116
JPM is the custodian of the

JPM is the custodian of the SLV silver, so i highly doubt there is 300 million ozs of phsyical that hasnt been shorted against, sold, or spoken for in some way.

Comex inventories are another story, whether we can believe the banksters reports on what is there is a question that is up for debate as well.

Be a  very interesting  situation at the end of june if suddenly there is a long list of those holding contracts for physical delivery on expiry day. The end of the silver manipulation approaches.

Jake
Jake's picture
Brenda Lee Sings a Sad Song For SLV Silver

Losing Silver....So Sad!

funthea
funthea's picture
Hat Tips: 34
Yes, but isn't there a steady

Yes, but isn't there a steady flow of annual supply brought to market directly into the ETF's?

The link below shows 178 million oz when to these ETF's in 2010. The silver that has been leaching out of the SLV I suspect will be replenished. Or is the claim being made that the SLV is growing with these annual additions, and yet the phys that has left, via the Authorized Participants, is only being replaced with paper?

http://www.silverinstitute.org/supply_demand.php

funthea
funthea's picture
Hat Tips: 34
double post

double post

jackmeoff
jackmeoff's picture
Hat Tips: 689
It has not gone anywhere

It has only been transferred to me. BWAHAHA One a more serious note I just don't think they had what they claimed or have what they claim. Just no way of really knowing but I don't play much with paper so it can default today and it wont bug me one bit. Well I do have some puts on slv that will make me some money but like I said in another post I buy puts for downside paper playing as a hedge on physical and as a play on the slv not having any actual silver. I think eventually the slv will not allow withdraws and I am guessing that will come out when they get the fund to 0 oz. As for the July 2012 date just dont think it will be around by then unless they are adding stock to it and not saying anything but with there only being a few million oz left on the exchange I doubt they can find any real size qty.

Jake
Jake's picture
Comex Found Some Silver

jackmeoff wrote:

As for the July 2012 date just dont think it will be around by then unless they are adding stock to it and not saying anything but with there only being a few million oz left on the exchange I doubt they can find any real size qty.

COMEX added more than half a million today---LOL! Probably from SLV

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/files/Silver_Stocks.xls

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Where Has All The Silver Gone?"