safety deposit box.

Looking for suggestions on:

Which type?  Brand/model?

thanks

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Hat Tips: 6901
Assuming you want fire protection

Bear makes an incredible safe.  10 years from now if you want to upgrade, they will accept your old as trade for the price you paid.  

I have a friend who has a Bear with the padlock type mech.  No way anyone is getting in that thing short of a torch and a lot of time.  Don't even think about a drill or crowbar.

http://www.bearsafes.net/fire-protection/

Problem with a large safe, you can't hide it easily and it takes more people to move it into position.  That means more people know about it.  Loose lips sink ships.  A good/smart thief will just make you open it.  Nothing like a gun/knife in the face of a loved one to take all rules off the table.

Personally, if someone wishes to steal from me, I hope no one is home.  Leave some items in the normal "safe" hiding locations, cheap safe, duct work, fridge, behind pictures, under drawers.  The rest, think outside the box (pun intended).

Remember, the longer it takes you to get items out, the harder it is for a thief to find. 

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Hat Tips: 4039
Couple of tips.......................................

Tool Resistant TR safes are important IMO. Good safes are pricey, Craigslist can save you thousands easily. 

Island Teal
Island Teal's picture
Hat Tips: 493
Thank for ideas.

Thanks for your ideas and comments.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Home safe - suggestions"