Australia

Awesome thread Hi-Ho. Thanks.

Awesome thread Hi-Ho. Thanks.

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 6:15am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

Richard Russell - Chinese Billionaires Buying Gold

With gold remaining strong and silver well off of its lows, the Godfather of newsletter writers Richard Russell had this to say in his latest commentary, “You've got a position in gold. How will it play out in the future, six months from now, a year from now, five years from now? A few things thing you know for certain. Gold will not go bankrupt. Gold will always have a market. All fiat money becomes worthless over time.

Gold is real tangible money, and it will be around when the last issue of fiat money is struggling to survive. Gold has a five thousand year history of representing wealth. No fiat money has ever lasted as long as a hundred years.”

“So in managing risk, there is not a lot of risk to manage when you own gold. Or let me put it this way -- as far as money is concerned, the nearest thing to riskless money is gold.

Buy BLOOD and FEAR http://buysilvergold.org/
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 6:26am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

For Richer for Poorer

I finally understood what Thomson was talking about last autumn. I was bored holding gold. It was then that I realised that I was only PRESERVING wealth rather than GAINING wealth. By buying when gold/silver was on sale, and then converting back to dollars at the tops....and then using those same dollars to buy again when the metals were on sale again...allowed me to add more OUNCES of metal. I have used the concepts below to REALLY INCREASE WEALTH. I hope this helps others as it helped me.

Hi-Ho Silver

For Richer for Poorer

Stewart Thomson email: stewart[at]gracelandupdates[dot]com
email: stewart[at]gracelandjuniors[dot]com
Mar 29, 2011

1. “We are all getting poorer in hopes that a few don't get richer.” – Victor Hanson.

2. Many gold investors are getting poorer, ironically, by waiting for a collapse of the dollar to make them richer. While a fall of the dollar against gold makes those around you poorer, it doesn’t make you richer.

3. You may gain some power, but not riches. Only a rise in the dollar can make gold owners richer, because only a rise in the dollar allows you to buy more gold on sale. Gold is on sale this morning, but is anybody in the golden grocery store? Is anybody taking action?

4. I’m here at the empty gold grocery store, buying this gold sale, like I buy every sale. The store is basically empty, except for the usual banksters alongside me, also on the buy. Wait, there’s a couple of members of the gold community, too. Thank goodness, it was almost a wipeout!

5. Click here now to view a picture of my Gold Grocery Store.

6. While my competitors, and most investors, get better and better at predicting the next theoretical valuation of their fixed amount of gold, I get richer. Every day, sadly, I watch my competitors hoist their fixed amount of gold up the dollar valuation flagpole, and salute their toilet paper flag. You need to decide whether standing at attention at the flagpole for hours every day, or getting yourself into the gold grocery to take buy action, today, is going to make you richer. Focus on that key word, “today”…

7. If you bought ten ounces of gold in 1998, how many ounces of gold can you buy with that ten ounces now? The answer is ten ounces. You build no wealth by measuring a fixed amount of gold against the dollar, but you get to watch millions get poorer and poorer, and see them eventually go to the breadline, as the crisis causes them to hold less and less dollars, with each dollar they do hold buying less and less of the items they need to survive.

8. You build power, not wealth, by watching those around you get poorer against your fixed amount of gold.

9. If you have a million dollars of cash in your trading account and a thousand ounces of gold in a vault, what is your wealth? The answer is that your wealth is a million dollars of cash, and a thousand ounces of gold.
99% of investors think your wealth is the dollar value of the combined items in your portfolio. That assumption is 99% incorrect, and is a large part of the reason that 99% of investors are lifetime losers in the market.
10. Do not value your wealth in dollars. Value your cash in dollars. Value your gold and silver in ounces, your wheat and corn in bushels, and value your oil and natural gas in barrels and BTUs.

11. Use valuation as a tool to increase wealth, not as a measurement of wealth, or at best your wealth will remain static, and at worst, and most likely, it will nosedive.

12. Working professionally to increase your wealth is not an act of greed. Staring at a fixed amount of gold hanging on a dollar valuation flagpole is greed, and that action of pure greed will destroy your wealth. “I have a professional wealth destruction plan of action in place, and it is standing at attention at the dollar valuation flagpole, a flagpole built by the banksters.” – Not you, March 29, 2011.

13. If you want to get richer, here is your course of action. Predict nothing, buy gold on sale, and do it now. Getting poorer is not funny. I’m not just interested in getting richer. I exist to get richer. That’s all I do all day long. I get richer, through professional market action, from 4AM to 8PM. Get yourself richer, in cash, gold, silver, oil, gas, wheat, corn, gold seniors, gold intermediates, gold junior stocks. Get more, more, and…more!

14. Dollar valuation is a tool. Use it correctly. Don’t use dollar valuation like a chainsaw in the hands of a four-year old, or you will soon look like a diced financial tomato. There are only two correct uses of dollar valuation. The first is to value the amount of cash you hold, and the second is to build absolute wealth, by buying gold and other quality assets when they are on sale, which they are today.

15. For 99% of investors, the dollar valuation tool causes horrific wealth destruction. There’s only so much time I’m going to devote to watching the show, “a thousand ways for Elmer Fudd Public Investor to financially die”. Most of your time should not be wasted guessing when the gold grocery is going to hold a sale, but spent responding to the sales that do occur, without exception.
Today is one of those days that demands you respond professionally, on the buy. Stand back from the mob that is glued to the dollar valuation flagpole, or you will destroy your wealth.

16. Investors should understand that today’s dollar price of gold is a tool, not a valuation. The banksters want you to think $1410 is a valuation. It’s not a valuation. It’s a tool. If you are bored in the gold market, it is solely because you are erroneously using the price of gold as a tool for valuation, rather than as a call to action.

17. Once you are awake, you should be rushing to the quote machine, to see if you bought any gold on sale or not. You should be rushing to look at the cash in your accounts, to see if you bought any of that on sale too!

18. You only get richer when your amount of cash measured in dollars, rises, and your amount of gold measured in ounces, rises. If you have a thousand ounces of gold and $1 million in cash, you only get richer when you have more than a million dollars in cash and more than a thousand ounces of gold.

19. I estimate that 1% of investors understand that they are engaged in wealth destruction, not wealth building, and only 1% of investors will end this gold bull market any richer than when it started. Many will end the bull market with more power over poor people, but you won’t be any richer. I think relative power is over-rated, compared to absolute riches. What do you think?

20. Let’s take a look at some charts, while you read the above 19 points repeatedly, until you take buy and sell action like riding a bike, rather than engaging in predictive action like riding a bike.

21. Here’s the gold juniors chart, via GDXJ. Notice the short term stochastics is giving a bit of a sell signal, while the longer term stochastics is flashing a buy. It is a complete and utter waste of your financial time to guess whether “short term, we might have a dip”.

22. As time has passed since the gold markets stalled out against the dollar last October, a huge amount of energy has been expended by investors to guess whether we are going lower or higher. More and more, price is shaped as a consolidation, but in the end all that matters is whether you are prepared to use the cash in your accounts to buy gold market items if they go on sale, as they are today.

23. If gold market items go more on sale, then you buy more. If you have significant assets, you should be carrying a position of gold put options and gold short positions as well, so you are booking profits today while buying long positions.

24. The bottom line is that the gold market is what you make it. It is boring if you stand beneath the dollar valuation flagpole with a fixed amount of gold and pretend you are getting richer or poor as the banksters raise or lower the flag. It is phenomenally exciting beyond most of your imaginations, if you use the flagpole as a “gold on sale” and “cash on sale” tool. Most everything is on sale, today! See you at the store!

Stewart Thomson
Graceland Updates

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 6:30am
l'idiot du village
-
Eiffel Tower
Jersey

Thanks HIHO

Much inline with my own thoughts. I have my own rotational system That moves me around gold's Opportunity calendar. This means a circulation from metal To shares to leveraged instruments. Shares very cheap right now, so if Gold dipped to 1400 they would Get a little bruised, but a nice juicy Drill result could mean a quick 30 or Per cent move up. Great work HIHO. My tech ability improving nicely with this thread.

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 7:01am
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

Love the micro analysis b/c I

Love the micro analysis b/c I don't see it a lot. Keep the charts coming, partner...hat tip to you.

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 7:09am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

My Background

I posted this about myself on Pailin's thread, and is probably a good idea to post here too:

"I am also self-employed, but businesses are not doing well. So I have been actively investing/trading Silver until other opportunities show up.

I've been trading/investing 13 years. Lost a bundle (6 figures) in the tech bubble as a novice trader. I managed to make it back trading equities after a steep learning curve. Read many books, blogs, attended courses, software etc.

I use multiple trading methods/software to arrive at my investment decisions. I no longer believe in the equities market as it is all due to Fed pumping and $ devaluation. The best way to make money these days is to buy in a Secular Bull market which will forgive poorly timed purchases. PM's are the ONLY Secular Bull market.

In 2006 I sold a property in London which tripled in value after buying in 1995. These profits were put in an offshore account making a nice income getting nearly 8% interest (one account was in Iceland. I was savvy enough to get out while the getting was good). Then rates dropped,and that income disappeared.

After watching Gold move from $450 to $850, I decided to take money out of the banking system and put 50% of those profits into gold coins in 2008. They have seen a nice increase, BUT realised that these are were actual profits but rather a preservation of wealth.

I needed to generate PROFITS, so I looked at silver as an under-valued play in the Jim Rogers style. After much research, I put 25% of my property profits (which were still in an offshore account collecting .25% interest!) into silver right at the breakout point of the August 2010 bull run. I rode it for the most part to the top for excellent profits. I did this by buying PHYSICAL. NO leverage. I knew that Silver was called the "bitchy" metal, and that leverage could kill anyone. At the halfway point of that run, I fine-tuned my strategy for buying physical so as to maximise my profits in future.

So here I am today accumulating slowly, and waiting for a huge SPIKE down (2008 style I hope) to back the truck up with.

I Buy BLOOD Red days when there is FEAR. The only way to win in this manipulated market.

I love to learn more about the PM's and came across the Great Turd. I thought it was fantastic that Turd's main goal was to help the unknowing sheeple. I tried to help those around me by telling them what's happening in the economic world. Most either stuck their head in the ground, or called me a negative, pessimist conspiracy nut. I no longer spout my views unless I feel they will be taken openly and honestly. My wife is of the ostrich persuasion, even though she understands my views are correct. I am posting here as to share with others wanting to learn and share.

My sister is married to a high wealth trader for Credit Suisse (after leaving UBS). I went to visit them in CT over Xmas. Her husband and I have good conversations about the economy, and he agrees the future sucks. Funnily enough, he gave me The Gartman Letter every day while in CT. lol

Best conversation during Xmas was with one of his former UBS colleagues, who lost his job there. Not knowing him, I asked what he did for a living. He told me "he closed banks"! I asked how, and he said he worked for the FDIC. He told me that he cannot understand how Americans can keep spending on STUFF when they cannot afford it. HE sees what is going on BEHIND closed doors...and it ain't good. HE IS SAVING. and PREPARING.

Well that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...lol"

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 7:31am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

Daily Chart Pattern - the Fibonacci number 5

A hard reversal drop after a Low is put in...not exactly 5 days on this last trip off the low, but one may be due today.

A case could also be made that the ANGLE of ascent on this latest rise is slightly less steep with each prior drop, which means Silver is WEAKENING. Probably NOT a Waterfall decline. (Definition: A financial waterfall is a relentless decline in a market for weeks in a row, almost always carving out new interim lows when it finally ends. In a financial waterfall selling pressure builds and builds, powerfully driving an index lower and lower. Eventually the selling pressure reaches a temporary climax in a short-term capitulation panic and then a textbook V-bounce is born from the ashes.)

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 7:42am Hi-Ho Silver
NCOT
-
London
UK

Rising Wedge

I get a rising wedge when I look at that avatar....... but thats another story...

Any information written above is purely for entertainment purposes only. I will not be held responsible for my own comments as I'm slightly mentally unhinged. As most people quote a movie in their signature here's one: "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" . Don't be the fool that follows me!
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 7:56am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

Here's something from Chris

Here's something from Chris Weber:

What I'm Doing with My Silver Now
By Chris Weber, editor, The Weber Global Opportunities Report
Monday, June 20, 2011
Since last September, silver has been the winner, up about 100%. But lately, it has been correcting.

We don't know how long and how far this correction will last. But based on past performance, we have to safely assume it will be longer, with more damage to come.

My approach has been simple. I have kept all my silver, and at current prices it is the single most valuable asset that I have. Gold comes second. However, I am prepared mentally to have silver continue to languish; it may well drop below gold, in terms of my holdings.

Gold itself has been a slow and steady gainer. This is not only the case for the past year, but since the entire bull market began a decade ago. Even when everything else fell apart during 2008, gold rose 5% in U.S. dollar terms over that year. Silver is the highflier, but gold is the steady winner, year in and year out.

For nearly everyone, if I was given a choice of recommending holding gold and not silver, or holding silver and not gold, I would without hesitation advise holding gold without silver.

In a period of uncertainty like ours, when there is danger both from possible high inflation as well as economic stagnation and even possible deflation, gold is the single greatest winner. It really should be at the center of every investor's holdings.

For years, it was the center of my own. I owned silver as well, and it was only in the last few months since September where the monetary amount of the silver advanced to more than the monetary amount of the gold. I have been expecting this to happen, since I long ago forecast that the ratio of silver to gold would rise in silver's favor: that silver would rise over time relative to gold. Both would rise, I thought, but silver would skyrocket compared to gold.

This was when 70 ounces of silver equaled one ounce of gold. My ultimate forecast is that the ratio will go to 16 silver ounces to one gold ounce. Back 10 years ago, this forecast may have been seen as a bit crazy. But silver has soared faster than gold. Earlier this year, it rocketed to 31-to-one. That's a long way from 70-to-one, and not that far any longer to 16-to-one, the ultimate target.

However, silver went up too far, too fast. It does this, during bull markets. The flip side is that silver can fall much farther than gold during corrections. So far, gold has hardly had any correction, but silver fell 33% in one week.

My expectation is for silver to continue to be soft compared to gold. In price terms, I would not be surprised to see silver go below $30. If it followed the path it took during the 2008 correction, it would fall 60% from its $49.85 peak, to $19.78.

I keep telling readers to visualize this price level. It would not be a catastrophe. It would be exactly what happened from March 2008 to October 2008. But those who kept their heads and their cash and bought silver in late October 2008 made a fortune. Silver itself soared from $8.80 to nearly $50 in just over two years. Those who bought some on conservative leverage (AGQ) made nearly 1,000%.

The trick is keeping your head and your cash during corrections. And the first step is to visualize the worst that can happen. The second step is to have some silver even so, just in case no huge correction happens. No two bull and bear markets are the same. This goes for temporary corrections as well.

I've been surprised at the relative strength that silver has shown since its first collapse from $49 to $32 a few weeks ago. I think Indians and Chinese buying physicals during any price weakness has been the cause of this. But I am expecting further weakness in spite of this.

My views are always based on having me experience no bad surprise and no stress whatever happens. That's why I can sit here and tell you that even though I have the largest single amount of my own money in silver, I am expecting to see it fall under $30 and maybe even under $20.

As I see it, with this perspective, either way I win, or at least I don't lose. Yes, having silver as I do, the higher it goes, the more net worth I have. But expecting a long and severe correction is good for my "mental" balance.

If it does happen, I can tell myself that my forecast was right, and I can even buy more at a lower price. But if it doesn't happen, then I can say, "Well, I was wrong about expecting a correction, but my net worth is higher."

Good investing,

Chris Weber

Editor's note: Chris Weber is one of the best investors we know… period. He started investing at age 16 and made so much money, he's never had a "real" job in his life. The fact is, we've never seen him wrong about a major market call. For Chris' favorite currency and gold recommendations – where he's putting his own money today
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 8:09am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

120 minute Silver Update

Silver looks to be morphing into a pennant. A break ABOVE would be VERY Bullish (although there is overhead resistance)

A break below would confirm the Falling Wedge pattern.

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 8:31am Hi-Ho Silver
NCOT
-
London
UK

HiHo, maybe I'm getting old,

HiHo, maybe I'm getting old, but I can't quite read the numbers on the chart.

What are the 'break out ' prices?

Any information written above is purely for entertainment purposes only. I will not be held responsible for my own comments as I'm slightly mentally unhinged. As most people quote a movie in their signature here's one: "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" . Don't be the fool that follows me!
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 8:37am
creosote7

Excellent thread...

Excellent work HiHo.. we all appreciate your charts and comments on Silver.

Keep posting the good articles you find also...they are well worth reading for all.

There is definitely some tension in PMs now going into the summer months. We all knowthe fundamentals and tightness in the market make a great case for and upward spike in prices later this year. However, we also know the EE has plans to keep it down (and go lower) before this is over. Since the $49.50 highs in Silver we've only made lower highs in the past 2.5 months and Silver sure looks like it is being capped hard not to go any higher (stopped 3 times yesterday from going over 36.60).

Keep up the great work in charts, comments and articles.....

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:08am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

Looking strong

120 minute chart: Watch for a break above yesterday's HIGH

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:21am
Singularity82
-
Valparasio, IN

Hi guys :) excited to be a member here :)

36.49 and tickling, are we looking at a shorting opportunity? Considering I have roughly 2 weeks left of trading on Forex! THanks in advance :)

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain
Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:21am Hi-Ho Silver
NCOT
-
London
UK

its taking a crack at

its taking a crack at yesterdays high... not sure it will break it though..

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:21am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

NCOT

I would think if price broke UP thru 36.70, then we go higher...if it does break higher, it will probably only hit resistance a little higher up. If you did NOT buy at LOWER prices, then it is probably NOT worth trading the move.

This is EXACTLY the reason why you should ALWAYS BUY silver/gold on WEAKNESS, BLOOD, and FEAR.

IF you are new to trading you should find a website that provides free intraday charts, and try copying/placing in the same trendlines etc yourself. Then you will have more exact prices, AND LEARN how to create them etc.

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:25am Hi-Ho Silver
Aronnax
-
Tuvalu

Excellent work, Hi-Ho

Thanks for your ongoing commentary and charts. Is there any way for you to post (or link to) slightly larger graphs? I think I remember the first few charts you put up being bigger.

PS: Are you really in Yemen?

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:27am Hi-Ho Silver
NCOT
-
London
UK

Thanks HiHo, I agree with

Thanks HiHo, I agree with buying on blood,

But only a 30-40 cent drop is more a scratch!

I closed my short at 35.95, hesitated to go long though.

Thanks again, excellent work.

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:43am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

re: Singularity82

Gold and Silver are in SECULAR BULL markets. Instead of looking to Short these metals during short term weakness, the BEST strategy would be to BUY them on WEAKNESS. It is much EASIER in the long run, and one can sleep WELL at night. It's a waste of time trying to pick tops/bottoms in a manipulated market.

Buying Dips in a SECULAR BULL market has the advantage that over TIME, one's ill-timed buys will be ironed out because in the long run the metals will continue to run up....UNLESS the Gov't/Politicians do the CORRECT thing...which I somehow doubt...lol

Wed, Jun 22, 2011 - 9:47am
Hi-Ho Silver
-
Yemen

Latest McHugh Silver