205 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Dec 4, 2015 - 11:43pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

SR

The KSG is a sweet tool. My LCS buddy bought one this summer and I happened to be in the store just as he arrived from the purchase. Pretty cool!!

Sun, Dec 6, 2015 - 7:17pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

MARLIN 1895 STAINLESS 45-70

For sale or trade, UNFIRED

post id: 4921766

share:

Price: $ 875 Seller: Private Party Account:Registered on 1/7/2012 Listings by this user

Listed On:Sunday, December 6, 2015Listed In:RiflesLocation: SW OF OKC, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Map Shipping:No

Manufacturer: Marlin Caliber: 45-70 Government Action: Lever Action Firearm Type: Rifle Flag | Edit | Favorite 

New in the box with paper work 18 inch barrel marked North Haven ,CT.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/4921766/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-rifles-for...

Sun, Dec 6, 2015 - 7:55pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Nice Cabelas bag on sale, 60% off (good range bag)

Its on backorder, but a $25 bag for $10. Free ship to store or $49 order gets free ship.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-catch-all-camo-gear-bag/753422....

Mon, Dec 7, 2015 - 2:34am (Reply to #24)
Spartacus Rex

boomer sooner wrote: Its on

boomer sooner wrote:

Its on backorder, but a $25 bag for $10.

I gotta thay Boomer, you are thertainly on the cutting edge of firing range fashion.

Cabela's Catch-All Camo Gear Bag

PINK CAMO - $9.99 - Backoderable

Estimated Ship Date in 7-8 weeks

Pink Camo and at only 10Bux?

Definitely worth waiting the 7-8 weeks for.

Obviously the enormous pair of brass ones to have the courage to show up at the firing range carrying such a fine bag are not included, and the best part is that none of the other guys will get it mixed up with any of theirs or otherwise try to walk off with it. laugh

BTW, the Marlin above, yours?

Cheers,

S. Rex

Mon, Dec 7, 2015 - 4:05pm
SaratogaPrepper
-
Saratoga Springs, NY

Those bags

are available either in regular or "girlie". The "Girlie" one will be perfect for my daughter. No one at the range will try to steal it. They've all seen what a good shot she is..

Be excellent to each other.
Mon, Dec 7, 2015 - 10:17pm (Reply to #26)
Spartacus Rex

@ Saratoga – Congrats...

SaratogaPrepper wrote:

Those bags are available either in regular or "girlie". The "Girlie" one will be perfect for my daughter. No one at the range will try to steal it. They've all seen what a good shot she is..

on your daughter's marksmanship.

No doubt neither you or boomer are any slouches either, and haven't seen Maggie Drawers in ages.

I have no qualms of stating, that fluorescent (aka “Camo”) Pink will be perfect for my purposes as well, since the majority where I go, we all pretty much have identically same tactical / grunt gear, and fortunately I do not suffer from any brass deficiency or otherwise need to take any daily supplement. wink

Perhaps you also can vision the “regular” far out-selling the “girlie” version nevertheless, and my big concern is that when the light finally goes on for others, thus wanting to copy that strategy, I'll be subsequently compelled to go out and get a Bedazzler and / or some lace to “personalize” it. laugh

Cheers,

S. Rex

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 - 12:11am
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

SR

Wish the Marlin was mine, but I'm more into the mud draggin pond swimmin kind. That one has too my sheeen for my safe, it would stand out. Although I do like the stainless finish.

Just finished cleaning 2 stainless that my son and I used yesterday at our monthly pistol match. I think he got me by a whisker, I tagged the corner of a no shoot (hostage). Our times over 3 stages were almost identical, except for my shoulder notch, Ouch. The alpha spot was tiny and I needed the points.

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 - 1:21am
Spartacus Rex

@ boomer...

it's definitely a looker.

You might want to check this one out:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=525847525#PIC

Of course there are others available at different price ranges as well:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=marlin+45-70

I prefer no shine on my tack-drivers 

or personal carrys as well

https://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/009/003/36/N000/000/000/MK23b.JPG

Btw, don't forget 'taint no insurance coverage for those "no shoots", better luck next monthwink

Cheers,

S. Rex

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 - 9:06pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Shotgunners!

Dick's Sporting Goods, Winchester Shells on sale, 12 & 20.

Black box $36 per 100, 1300' ps.

White Box $24 per 100, 1180' ps.

Buy 3 boxes of 100 and get the 4th free. Stackin Time!!! No limit

SR, LOVE the furniture on the lever gun! That is beautiful. Your tack driver would fit my bunch better, no hand prints. M1 Carbine if I'm not mistaken, yum. I don't have one,,, yet.

It would go well with my Garand, H&R, used but not abused, furniture as some interesting markings with some X's carved in the buttstock.

BTW the club was selling mags for the Carbine about 6 mos ago $5 ea, still wrapped in paper. A few hundred in the boxes under the table. Probably still have some if needed.

Add, SoCom 45, magwell on checked grip! That should be a smooth runner. Got a pipe for the threads on the end?

Tue, Dec 8, 2015 - 10:20pm (Reply to #30)
Spartacus Rex

boomer sooner wrote:SR, LOVE

boomer sooner wrote:

SR, LOVE the furniture on the lever gun! That is beautiful. Your tack driver would fit my bunch better, no hand prints. M1 Carbine if I'm not mistaken, yum. I don't have one,,, yet.

It would go well with my Garand, H&R, used but not abused, furniture as some interesting markings with some X's carved in the buttstock.

M 1?

Better go back and take a closer look at the working end of that tack driver. laugh

It has a big appetite for .308 Winchester (7.62 x 51mm NATO)

Here's a look at the working ends of your Garand and an M1 Carbine

Garandcar.jpg

Notice a difference yet?

152.jpg

Add, SoCom 45, magwell on checked grip! That should be a smooth runner. Got a pipe for the threads on the end?

Pipe? Who Me?

Us oldtime NCO's prefer Cigars!wink

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2Fm

Besides I kinda like that it's got a nice big bark, like a Rottweiler's. laugh

Big kick too due to the .45 +P

Cheers,

S. Rex

Wed, Dec 9, 2015 - 3:49pm
arch stanton
-
Prescott, AZ

Sparticus

Those are absolute beauties. I stayed away from Garands in my youth because of the boogeyman of "M-1 thumb". Took the plunge 20 years ago because they became plentiful and cheap due to the re-imports and since have put together 12 of them. Half or so were complete rifles, the rest from those parts kits they were importing from Denmark that Clinton wouldn't let come in as rifles. Stripped receivers from the CMP completed them. In my humble opinion they are the best rifles ever made (Georgie Patton agrees). If you could buy GI M-14s that opinion would change, but you can't. I do however own 2 Springfield Armory M-1a and one Fed Ord which are flawless in operation, I just wonder about the materials and construction processes. Anyway I see a lockbar sight, a straight cut op rod and a stamped triggerguard on yours anything else interesting? I sold my M-1 carbines a couple of years ago which I bought in the 70's for next to nothing for three reasons. 1. A guy saw them at the range one day and made me an offer I couldn't refuse (that's where the 2 Springfield M-1As came from). 2. A hell of a lot of guys who used them in combat bad mouthed them for lack of stopping power. 3. Was just getting too many different types of ammo-- bad for logistics, and had lots of .308 already. Glad to see a forum like this running. From a long time turdite and gun nut.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 3:31am (Reply to #32)
Spartacus Rex

Hey there Arch...

Thanks for dropping in to say hello. smiley

Didn't intend to confuse or mislead you, although I do own an inherited M1 Garand, it is not the one pictured, plus I don't own an M 1 Carbine. It's simply a stock photo I used to point out distinctions for boomer. Since you mentioned that you own 2 Springfield M1A s you are probably aware of the similarity at the 'business' end of the barrels between the M1A and an USGI M14, which is why I mentioned to boomer to check the 'working' end, since while your M1A s may or may not have the cut out (depending on Model Year) you know the M1A do not have a selector.

In regards to your thoughts on the M14, any U.S. Citizen who can pass the background and willing to pony up the expense with obtaining Class 3 can purchase any (available) Machine Gun they want, M14, M60, Ma Deuce, whatever, here you go, anything presently offered/ available for sale in your budget range, knock yourself out:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Machine-Guns/BI.aspx

In regards to what you heard about the M1 Carbine, USMC combat vets in Korea learned first hand how ill equipped the M1 Carbine was for penetrating the heavy winter coats worn by the North Korean and Chinese Communists (thus the need for the M14 ), just like USMC combat vet from Vietnam will tell you the problems with the subsequent issued M16A1 poodle shooters that couldn't even knock down a blade of elephant grass at a hundred yards, and heaven help you if it jammed on you in a heavy fire fight / ambush out on patrol because you were pretty much good as dead, ergo quite a few started keeping and carrying the AK 47s and ammo taken off of dead VC and NVA because at least that particular piece was rock sturdy, reliable, and battlefield proven. 

Cheers,

S. Rex

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 7:01am
Spartacus Rex

Hey Arch...

Well what da ya know, check it out,

Here's a Springfield Armory factory built Select Fire M1a using re-imported USGI M14 parts:

and here's how you know it's an authentic factory built select fire model versus an aftermarket, by way of the Serial # (038770 is the highest observed serial # for a factory built select fire) wink

All for only 17.5k in fiat smiley

https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529404014

Granted it's not a TRW or Winchester M14 but still a respectable piece of workmanship you can be proud to add to your collection.

Cheers, S. Rex

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 3:24pm
arch stanton
-
Prescott, AZ

thanks Spartacus

real works of art with a deadly function. Mine didn't com with the cutout, but I re-stocked them with beautiful GI wood and matching wood handguards. They (M-14s) are the apex of autoloaders and real tack drivers to boot.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 4:44pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 5:10pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 5:45pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 5:45pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 7:23pm
Dyna mo hum

How can this be true?

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 9:58pm
SaratogaPrepper
-
Saratoga Springs, NY

This info cheered me up.

Being a resident of the communist state of NY, it was nice too see that we are third in firearm owner ship. Calif., TX and NY were almost exactly even in guns/popul @ 88.8%.

Be excellent to each other.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness