The Grind

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
Hat Tips: 14887
The Grind

Hi everyone. In the main thread today I posted that maybe I'll start taking a different approach to Turdville (and other media too).  The last few years have been a real grind for many of us invested in PMs. You can see how tough that has been on people's nerves. (Many long time Turdites have left the website and perhaps they also dumped their PMs.)  - - I no longer actively trade. I have physical as insurance and for the long term. There's really no reason for me to follow every tick,  minute-to-minute, as in the past.  There's also no reason to be completely absorbed following very bit of news out there. This is especially true when you can't directly impact those particular events. 

This is Not about putting your head in the sand. It is not about ignor-ance, which may be defined as purposely ignoring the evidence right in front of you which is readily available.  To me, this is about preserving and strengthening the resources you have, including your mental energy & the hours you have each day. Once you wake up to the corruption of the fiat bankster system, gathering more evidence of that really isnt necessary. Would that additional bit of information change your personal strategy in any way ?

So, maybe I'll just listen to Turd's podcast summary at the end of the trading day. And maybe I'll just listen to only the Friday podcast summary of what happened that week. Maybe I won't spend so much time checking out every bit of news. - I imagine if WW 3 breaks out or another 1929 style stock market crash occurs, I'll find out about.

I confess to being a financial markets and news junkie. So if I actually take this approach, I'll see if it works for me.  I'd appreciate hearing from others on their thoughts for handling 'The Grind'.  Thank you

Wy So Lo
Wy So Lo's picture
Hat Tips: 1808
Grind

Yes i hear ya . We have allowed ourselves to be subjected to the emotions of the journey and many have succumed to the endless hype and subsequent disappointment when our worst/best case scenario is not realized. Those with a numi bent have found an interesting hobby and even myself who started out as a poured bar stacker now finds himself looking for items with a potential future as a semi collectable. Brotherjohnf has espoused this concept for years and has plenty of runs on the board.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hat Tips: 12469
Quitters

The apathy is understandable but not acceptable,

You can take it or do something. I'm an idiot but I've been pounding every pair of ear ps in DC about HFTS, central banks every single day. Finally my congressman wanted to meet me. His remark was your just a kid. To him I am but that means I'll be voting for decades and mobilizing other people.

Demanding answers to why retail trades are dead. I know the answer and now he has to venture into an area he really is even more ignorant then me about.

In the time it takes me to write this I can make four calls to DC and so can you. Pick up the freaking phone and do something. Or bend over and take it. I'm NOT accepting the status quo. What have you got to lose? You already lost it . Do something for fucks sake.

Eff these cucks. They may win but I taking a pound of flesh first.

4 oz
4 oz's picture
Hat Tips: 12109
PM's are Way to Fun!

Pm's are way too fun.  Maybe I haven't been in this grind as long as most, but I have an awful lot of fun, learning and watching....stacking Pm's. I sleep good too. Can still add at today prices way under & continuing to bring my DCA down, so to me, every buy is at a sale price. Truly, have no problem remembering picking up 4 oz ASE the last week of April 2011, way back when I was brand new, and happily handed over $45 and a $7.50 premium  for each.....

Not discouraged in the least. 

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Hat Tips: 6901
Ditto 4 oz.

Initially, I bought for novelty, then for profit, now for safety.  I look at the pm space of "investing" as a hedge and a back to basics life of honesty.

It is fun.  I enjoy spending fiat on real money.  The plus is no counterparty reliance/risk.  My recent activity (last couple of years) has been adding weight, not caring about type, just premium.  Poured bars are my weakness, but not weak enough to purchase.  My silver goal should be hit in the next 6 months.  Gold may take a long while.  I have a terrible problem with premiums, but I have learned to wait for the owner to come to my price.  A plus is a friend in the biz that sells me slow movers at spot.  Today I picked up a $10 1984 Olympic Commemorative at spot.  Gold will be a work in progress.  May have to start adding some poured bars, au/ag, when they are available locally.

The fun thing about pm's are the additional items that go hand in hand.  Firearms, target practice, hunting, fishing, and constantly keeping an open eye out for a resourceful property.

Joseph Warren
Joseph Warren's picture
Hat Tips: 14887
Thanks everyone for your comments

its valuable to see others perspectives on this.

One example of what I'm talking about is this week's A2A. I have never heard the guest before & he may be an excellent researcher & speaker. I may get around to listening to the interview this weekend, - or I may not. May spend that time doing other things. - From skimming the description, it sounds like he provided more proof that the Fed is corrupt. - - I already know that. I spent many years learning that. One more piece of evidence - no matter how valid - doesn't really change my current strategy. I try to add to the stack on a regular basis. (Not as much as in the past, though.) I'm not trading, but use Turd to help keep me aware of whats happening in the PM related markets. I also have alerts set up on computer & cell phone for if something significant happens. If there is a substantial improvement, I will go heavier into miners to leverage rising metals prices.

For me personally, my time might be better spent doing things other than watching every market move & bit of news during the day. I wonder if those who left the website (and maybe PMs too) out of frustration - might find a more laid back approach to be better for the long term. This could especially be helpful to those who are stackers, rather than traders. Of course, each person has to find what works best for them. Thanks again for your comments -

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
I don't have a clue

About trading paper funds after years of trying to learn and that's ok by me.

I never used accumulating metals to make money but to preserve it. So the rigging in the market doesn't affect me as much as it has others. tbtb are winning tho by keeping prices low until they need them to be high.

What I do focus on is activism in other markets where HFT algos running amok. As this is where retail investors like me go to increase wealth.

Haha it's so funny an idiot like me calling people in DC and newspapers like Bloomberg and telling them us dumbass retail people are gone until they fix it. I call out the watchdogs and regulators nearly every day of the week. If equities manipulation, spoofing and black pools can't be stopped in those markets, there is no point in trying to deal with corruptions in metals, so I keep my lonely attack on banks, HFT companies etc.... Simply cuz to do nothing is not an option. Even tho I have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't need to look in the sack to know there is no pig in it.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Hat Tips: 6901
Ruffian

Your comment last night got me thinking about the bs tweets i get from my reps.  I sent an email to Rep Tom Cole today asking why he was sad the NDAA was vetoed by Obama.  I then asked if he had voted to remove the indefinate detention of US citizens clause.  I know the staff preps the emails and sometimes answers, but I did have an email back and forth going with Sen Inhoff a couple of years ago.

Thanks for getting me off my ass!

SilveryBlue
SilveryBlue's picture
Hat Tips: 4835
@Joseph I think the trick is discernment

Try to narrow down the sites you monitor to the genuine, doing their own research types. TFMR will always be one of them for me. FYI the A2A was a gentleman who goes through the newly released (old) Fed minutes and cross checks them with the public announcements & actions of the relevant period (well that's what I took away anyhoo)

Serious fact checkers are rare and valuable because so few even do a basic fact check on anything they are told today. Research into the public lies can only be a good thing to support a final cleanup activity when it happens. I want it to happen so bad.

Other than that, there is no grind if you are not looking for instant riches and have or are acquiring a stack of your own.

I check out new news sources all the time & discard many old ones that were basic primer stuff. I am happy that they are there - they are the intro for many people searching for answers.

If the info presented rings true it can only help you to position yourself for your family's best interest by adding to your general knowledge and awareness. The proven stuff becomes integrated into your world view given time. Sort of like knowing not to tread on a snake once you know what one looks like, but not having to think about it.

Cheers to you & yours smiley

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
@boomer

I'm glad you did. It really does make a difference. I keep telling people Abraham Lincoln was elected because the south didn't vote in the election. Btw that's no reflection on Lincoln or anything else but just to note they lost at that juncture anyway,

Also I'm sorry for riding people's arses not everyone is me. Nor does everyone have the time, interest or inclination to do such things, as for me I'm just plain damn mad. Mad at everything and everyone so it's kinda like therapy for me. I'm one of those critters that has to be engaged at all times or I go off the deep end.

But I thank for you acting. If enough people do things will change and I truly believe this is freedoms and Sanities last stand.

Very well done in my book!!!!

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
@SB

Always so wise.... Ur comments...

I agree TF does a wonderful job of original and creative thinking. I can see how he backs his statements with facts and isn't just repeating crap written in msm and other more well known sites.

Whether people or trading or not they are still learning and the stuff they read today will become relevant at some point again, I have my own theories on why the bankers are doing what they are doing but it's not relevant to me or anyone. I just know no one should ever take their eye off the predator.

Everyone is fatigued right now so I'm more glad TF is on the watchtower. Me personally, I am doing some very small fx trades but it ps to learn. Im losing very small amounts and that's ok cuz it's cheaper than going to school. And when I get burned you better believe I don't forget it like I would stuff written in a text book. Do I plan on trading for a living? Oh hell no, never.

And I'll tell u a secret. TF Has major major critical thinking abilities I can see it by how he caps the derby every year just using charts. I assume he's not in the barns or at workouts. So that means he's taking limited info and is really quite good at his selections. If he can do that with ponies .... Well that's good enough for me cuz by and far handicappers/ pro gamblers are the hardest working smartest people I know. They deal in reality not in theory!

So folks will wander off and new ones will wander in and others will come back and others will just give it up. Quite honestly, I've heard from the pros this really isn't the time for non pro ps to be playing anyway. I mean they all agree on that. The honest ones that don't want to rob you that is.

Plus all of our senses are being assaulted from every direction, all of resources are being poisoned. I don't pay much attention to pop culture. But I'm flabbergasted on what's happening. Pansexuals, transsexuals, homosexuals, etc etc etc.... As if this crap is new. It's not, it's called hegemony what is new is that our supposedly smartest are catering to these nutters.

It's just all too much all a at once and I believe it's by design ... So pulling back isn't such a bad idea for a lot of folks so they can find their bearings and focus again.

Whew... I better shurrup!!! Hehehe

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "The Grind"