I wonder why that is ( IWWTI)

5675 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 4:21pm atarangi
Green Lantern

atarangi wrote:

atarangi wrote:
George Carlin Stupid People

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Three categories the psychological experts haven't discovered.

-Stupid

-Full of Shit

-And F'ing Nuts

Carlin had unmatched brilliance. Wish he was around for this election.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 4:43pm
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

Martin Armstrong on futility of voting...

"Still in denial at just how little your vote counts... Watch this stunning admission by an RNC member..."The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday." https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-16/we-choose-nominee-not-voters-r...

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 5:36pm
I Run Bartertown

Ruffian / GL

Ruffian - "I'm a degenerate gambler and I'm willing to roll the dice." "He's already done his country a great service "

YES. Why not roll 'em? I don't see anyone in this conversation proposing an alternative. I guess it's 'don't vote', but if they really have no preference and don't care which candidate a vote for Trump would hurt, then it's less a discussion about politics and more just really weird and strong preference about how I'm going to spend 10 minutes of my life on a day in November.

"He's already done his country a great service "

YES. He has a way of making them crawl out of the woodwork. Neocons going back home to dems. GOP always hating their base, just more obvious now. Pundits throwing fits. And potentially best of all, in a move that seems destined to make the average Joe want to go full stormtrooper on these SJWs, he's inspired soros, moveon, blm, etc. to launch ' one of the largest civil disobedience actions in a generation. '

You Can't Stump the Trump Volume XX (The House of Romney)

GL - "You (the collective) begin to muddy the waters when you can’t separate your feels about races, religions and cultures and mix with it your politics."

You know, this is one of those things that illustrates that our topics are mostly incidental. The chasm is fundamental worldview. What is politics without " feels about races, religions and cultures "? I thinking historically, I'm thinking modern, on all sides, and I'm not seeing anything or anyone [Edit - I just thought of one obvious case. Feeling dumb now, but I'd rather hear yours first]. Obviously you must. I'm sure you're not aspiring to be a pioneer in this field of 'politics separated from race, religion, and culture'. So you must have a point of reference. You say "When you can’t separate it, you are open to be run by others. " From my perspective, if you can separate it, you're delusional and have little understanding of your fellow humans. I'm sure we each completely miss a lot of the others points often, but we do a pretty good job of being civil . Mind if I ask your top 3 objections to Bernie?

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 7:47pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

The REAL reason for Trump

Anti-Trump Groups Threaten ‘Largest Civil Disobedience Action of the Century’

by AARON KLEIN16 Mar 201612,745

With little fanfare and almost no news media attention, some of the same radical groups involved in shutting down Donald Trump’s Chicago rally last week are plotting a mass civil disobedience movement to begin next month.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/16/anti-trump-groups-th...

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 8:54pm
BIGNASTY

IRB...............................

I have more than a few problems with trump, I could come up with a whole list of people whom I would prefer. At this point (not that this choice could not change) it's trump or cankles anyone trying to get you to not vote for trump is schilling for cankles. period.

At least trump gives lip service to what many are pissed about; the rest of the the blowholes come up with pc ways to circumvent the real issues.

Ruffian I appreciate and applaud your activism, passivity and the urge and roll in over to take it in the pooper is not an option.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 9:27pm
I Run Bartertown

BN / Fix

Agreed. There's at least one 'threshold issue' for me that should really disqualify him in my own book. But for a straight White man, in the America of 2016, to not even be willing to rattle his own fetters a bit and support Trump, is unconscionable.

Fix - They are coming near my house. - everyone please help - think of the most 'triggering', mortifying, offensive, un-PC, microaggression-laden costume you can and I'll wear it there to march with them. I'll try to reduce at least one national broadcaster to 'point and stutter mode' of critique. I think Rachel Maddow is my best bet, so I'll send her the story right after I do it. Ideas? Michael Brown? George Zimmerman? Reagan? General Lee? I better get a confederate flag.

Any good sign ideas? Something religious? Some crime stats?

Want me to teargas 'em? Better not, blm will consider that foreplay.

Or should I just try this approach and disperse the crowd with job applications:

or this one?

and watch 'em scatter.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 9:28pm atarangi
HappyNow
-
Canada

atarangi wrote:At a White

atarangi wrote:

At a White House news conference in October 2015, after Russia started their bombing campaign in Syria, Barack Obama predicted"An attempt by Russia and Iran to prop up Assad and try to pacify the population is just going to get them stuck in a quagmire and it won't work."

Not only did Putin achieve his goals, but in the process he just made Obama eat his own words

Putin achieved his goals however they are not the ones Obama stated.

Obama misunderstood or deliberately tried to put words to Putin. See the bolded part. Putin isn't worried about that.

And it ain't over yet. Putin could be Bush declaring....well...you remember the picture on the aircraft carrier. Will be interesting to see how Assad holds up without Russia's air force to call on.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 10:06pm
I Run Bartertown

Wow

I had no idea that I'd been engaging in such a noble act for the decades I didn't vote.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 10:08pm
Green Lantern

IRB,I'm not going to deal

IRB,

I'm not going to deal with your second question tonite. Relgion, culture, other than to say, I don't need to reinvent anything. That's how far we've gotten off track that we think we need to reinvent. We just need to remember. Maybe tomorrow. I want to stay with the flow of the meme, Voting is your only power.

I'm not suggesting don't vote is a solution to the problem state. It's merely acknowledging everything Ancient Money just posted as the reality we are facing. The suggestion your vote is a lie. We can have that discussion but if true, why am I going to participate in a lie. I won't use my vote an act of frustration, desperation or a gamble.

Before you can change anything, you must acknowledge the reality as it exists and to pretend it doesn't exist or walk the path that others have layed out for you in hopes that it's going to work out is a lie. I'd rather not tell future generations that I participated in act of faith but made an informed decision based on the best information I could gather.

Voting with the choices presented to us is coercion in the 1st degree. It's violating my responsibility as a citizen to act in the best interest of the state. The choices are being placed upon me by a controlled media which refuses to present all the choices available to me. The voting process is asking me to make a choice against my better judgment and therefore my free will. I won't be complicit in the crimes that the two front runners will commit. And you can guarantee, either Clinton or Trump know how to commit crimes against the people.

I'm not a big fan of Doug Casey. I don't deny he is a smart guy but not on all things. But I happen to like his views on voting. For that matter, all the guys I've read in the past, Richard Maybury, Rick Rule, none of them vote. None of them can be accused of being stupid. Other things yes, but not stupid.

Like Casey says, get your emotions under control. If you think you are going to go in the voting booth and make a difference, bull doze the system, you are not in control.

But statistically, any person’s vote makes no more difference than a single grain of sand on a beach. Thinking their vote counts seems to give people who need it an inflated sense of self-worth.

Five REasons Doug Casey Doesn't Vote

Doug: Well, a rational man, which is to say, an ethical man, would almost certainly not vote in this election, or in any other - at least above a local level, where you personally know most of both your neighbors and the candidates.

L: Why? Might not an ethical person want to vote the bums out?

Doug: He might feel that way, but he’d better get his emotions under control. I’ve thought about this. So let me give you at least five reasons why no one should vote.

The first reason is that voting is an unethical act, in and of itself. That’s because the state is pure, institutionalized coercion. If you believe that coercion is an improper way for people to relate to one another, then you shouldn’t engage in a process that formalizes and guarantees the use of coercion.

L: It’s probably worth defining coercion in this context. I know you agree with me that force is ethical in self-defense. A murderer I shoot might feel coerced into accepting a certain amount of hot lead that he did not consent to, but he intended the same, or worse, for me, so the scales are balanced. What you are talking about is forcing innocent, non-consenting others to do things against their wills, like paying taxes that go to pay for military adventures they believe are wrong, etc.

Doug: Right. The modern state not only routinely coerces people into doing all sorts of things they don’t want to do - often very clearly against their own interests - but it necessarily does so, by its nature. People who want to know more about that should read our conversation on anarchy. This distinction is very important in a society with a government that is no longer limited by a constitution that restrains it from violating individual rights. And when you vote, you participate in, and endorse, this unethical system.

L: It’s probably also worth clarifying that you’re not talking about all voting here. When you are a member of a golfing club and vote on how to use the fees, you and everyone else have consented to the process, so it’s not unethical. It’s participating in the management of the coercive machinery of the state you object to, not voting in and of itself.

Doug: Exactly. As Mao correctly said, “The power of the State comes out of the barrel of a gun.” It’s not like voting for the leadership of a social club. Unlike a golfing club or something of that nature, the state won’t let you opt out.

L: Even if you’re not harming anyone and just want to be left alone.

Doug: Which relates to the second reason, privacy. It compromises your privacy to vote. It gets your name added to a list government busybodies can make use of, like court clerks putting together lists of conscripts for jury duty. Unfortunately, this is not as important a reason as it used to be, because of the great proliferation of lists people are on anyway. Still, while it’s true there’s less privacy in our world today, in general, the less any government knows about you, the better off you are. This is, of course, why I’ve successfully refused to complete a census form for the last 40 years.

L: [Chuckles] We’ve talked about the census. Good for you.

Doug: It’s wise to be a nonperson, as far as the state is concerned, as far as possible.

L: Not to digress too much, but some people might react by saying that juries are important.

Doug: They are, but it would be a waste of my time to sign up for jury duty, because I would certainly be kicked off any jury. No attorney would ever let me stay on the jury once we got to voir dire, because I would not agree to being a robot that simply voted on the facts and the law as instructed by the judge - I’d want to vote on the morality of the law in question too. I’d be interested in justice, and very few laws today, except for the basic ones on things like murder and theft, have anything to do with justice. If the case related to drug laws, or tax laws, I would almost certainly automatically vote to acquit, regardless of the facts of the case.

L: I’ve thought about it too, because it is important, and I might be willing to serve on a jury. And of course I’d vote my conscience too. But I’d want to be asked, not ordered to do it. I’m not a slave.

Doug: My feelings exactly.

L: But we should probably get to your third reason for not voting.

Doug: That would be because it’s a degrading experience. The reason I say that is because registering to vote, and voting itself, usually involves taking productive time out of your day to go stand around in lines in government offices. You have to fill out forms and deal with petty bureaucrats. I know I can find much more enjoyable and productive things to do with my time, and I’m sure anyone reading this can as well.

L: And the pettier the bureaucrat, the more unpleasant the interaction tends to be.

Doug: I have increasing evidence of that every time I fly. The TSA goons are really coming into their own now, as our own homegrown Gestapo wannabes.

L: It’s a sad thing… Reason number four?

Doug: As P.J. O’Rourke says in a recent book, and as I’ve always said, voting just encourages them.

I’m convinced that most people don’t vote for candidates they believe in, but against candidates they fear. But that’s not how the guy who wins sees it; the more votes he gets, the more he thinks he’s got a mandate to rule - even if all his votes are really just votes against his opponent. Some people justify this, saying it minimizes harm to vote for the lesser of two evils. That’s nonsense, because it still leaves you voting for evil. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Incidentally, I got as far as this point in 1980, when I was on the Phil Donahue show. I had the whole hour on national TV all to myself, and I felt in top form. It was actually the day before the national election, when Jimmy Carter was the incumbent, running against Ronald Reagan. After I made some economic observations, Donahue accused me of intending to vote for Reagan. I said that I was not, and as sharp as Donahue was, he said, “Well, you’re not voting for Carter, so you must be voting Libertarian…”

I said no, and had to explain why not. I believed then just as I do now. And it was at about this point when the audience, which had been getting restive, started getting really upset with me. I never made it to point five.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised. That same audience, when I pointed out that their taxes were high and were being wasted, contained an individual who asked, “Why do we have to pay for things with our taxes? Why doesn’t the government pay for it?” I swear that’s what he said; it’s on tape. If you could go back and watch the show, you’d see that the audience clapped after that brilliant question. Which was when I first realized that while the situation is actually hopeless, it’s also quite comic…

L: [Laughs]

Doug: And things have only gotten worse since then, with decades more public education behind us.

L: I bet that guy works in the Obama administration now, where they seem to think exactly as he did; the government will just pay for everything everyone wants with money it doesn’t have.

Doug: [Chuckles] Maybe so. He’d now be of an age where he’s collecting Social Security and Medicare, plus food stamps, and likely gaming the system for a bunch of other freebies. Maybe he’s so discontent with his miserable life that he goes to both Tea Party and Green Party rallies to kill time. I do believe we’re getting close to the endgame. The system is on the verge of falling apart. And the closer we get to the edge, the more catastrophic the collapse it appears we’re going to have.

Which leads me to point number five: Your vote doesn’t count. If I’d gotten to say that to the Donahue audience, they probably would have stoned me. People really like to believe that their individual votes count. Politicians like to say that every vote counts, because it gets everyone into busybody mode, makes voters complicit in their crimes. But statistically, any person’s vote makes no more difference than a single grain of sand on a beach. Thinking their vote counts seems to give people who need it an inflated sense of self-worth.

That’s completely apart from the fact - as voters in Chicago in 1960 and Florida in 2000 can tell you - when it actually does get close, things can be, and often are, rigged. As Stalin famously said, it’s not who votes that counts, it’s who counts the votes.

Anyway, officials manifestly do what they want, not what you want them to do, once they are in office. They neither know, nor care, what you want. You’re just another mark, a mooch, a source of funds.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 10:38pm
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

IRB re: decades you didn't vote...

There were decades long ago when voting really mattered. No more.

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 - 11:04pm
Green Lantern

IRB,  I must be tired.   My

IRB,

I must be tired. My brain is processing mixed messages from you.

Vote: Go ahead do it. Nobody else has a better solution

Don't Vote: It's what I do.

And some of your Trump Responses are reminiscent of a fragile romance. You playing?

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:06am Green Lantern
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:25am BIGNASTY
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:29am Green Lantern
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:32am HappyNow
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:43am I Run Bartertown
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 1:56am ancientmoney
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 6:58am Anonymous
SilveryBlue
-
Auckland
New Zealand

Actually Ruff

I think Israel has had a hand in the glove puppet all along. They just didn't want to be "noticed" by Russia. You can bet that Putin knows who is up who & who hasn't paid. He is going to give them a fair shake while they maintain their pretense.

As for the withdrawal - note that Putin made this decision unilaterally, so he doesn't need anyone elses' permission to change the game again if he feels it necessary. He has turned his back to look at clouds & whistle to himself. About as convincing as my cat pretending to be distracted when he has a mouse on lockdown. Mice fall for that all the time.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 8:27am Anonymous
Green Lantern

[quote=Ruffian]I don't know

[quote=Ruffian]

I don't know or care who Doug Casey is.

im not reading 27 paragraphs of someone else's opinion who is not on the list so you can rationalize your doing nothing. I did catch ballot box and counting while scrolling past and that's another horseshit excuse. Get ur arse out and be the one watching the votes being counted. It's that old saying if u ain't part of the solution ....

You ain't that smart where you can solve the problem of the republic with your own brain waves. They are yanking your chains and u using touchy feeling tough language to try to yank others. Casey is telling you that your vote ain't worth shit and those little impulses in your neurons telling you it does, is your need for acceptance. Take it up with him. So is Armstrong, Richard Maybury, Rick Rule, Doug Casey and Zero Hedge. EAch man wealthier, more well read on the founders intentions, than you're ever be. Of course, each of them can and has read the owners manual.

Kinda like that other guy who strings postulates together while refusing to understand the other side of the argument after a bit of humiliation, he name calls to feel better about what he doesn't know. All your invoking of the fathers intentions to try to tell the rest of us that we are in the wrong is the horseshit, they are feeding you.

Back in the day, the populist was informed. They'd gather in the town square or the local church and conduct informed debates. Each man would stand up, and provide informed arguments. If you were to stand up and spout off the shit that you spout off, I don't know this, I won't read this, I don't care what you say, I"m doing this because I"m no chump, I hate chico's, dirty muslims, and filthy European streets, you'd have been laughed off the stage and your ass put on kp duty. You disagree not because you have found stronger merit in your actions, simply because like a child you say, I wanna do it anyway.

In 2016, it's applauded like seals waiting for their noon time snack. But they love your unabashed honesty. That's as much as indication of the decline of the union as any economic factoid the most brilliant mind can procure.

Go ahead, vote Donald Trump. Ignore a dozen pages of wisdom by men who've dedicated their life to the study of politics and the way of the world. Use that innate talent that wise man said you had and show us how it's done. We'll reconvene here after the election to talk about the difference you made. It will be a short conversation.

It's one thing not to know something. Each of us are filled with empty spaces. But to come onto a public space and brag about your ignorance, your refusal to entertain lucid well thought out point of views, meets the criteria of the three categories that George Carlin outlined for you. . And I don't think you have the wherewithal to even have enough self respect to recognize it. The reason you have so much hatred is because you lack self respect.

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 - 9:14am
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Pope watch: Tower of Babel 2016:

Pope Francis Asks Nations to ‘Open Their Hearts and Their Doors’ to Migrants

TIZIANA FABI/AFP/Getty

by THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D.17 Mar 2016486

In his general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis launched an appeal to the nations of the world to open their hearts and their doors to migrants who are standing “at the border,” in an apparent reference to the many migrants camped at key border positions trying to enter Europe.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/03/17/pope-francis-asks-nations-to-open-their-hearts-and-their-doors-to-migrants/

Last week, he actually called this an invasion. Now he just wants Europe to open its doors, and let the marauding hordes in.

Has he ever once asked the US to stop funding the terrorists, stop blowing up cities? Stop bombing schools, hospitals, and infrastructure? Spoken out against Muslim extremists?

How anyone could still think that this is Gods servant is beyond me. He Is a demonic genocidal maniac.

If you're interested in the preservation of your body or your soul, whatever he says, do the opposite.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."