I wonder why that is ( IWWTI)

5530 posts / 0 new
Last post
silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 13545
I wonder why that is ( IWWTI)

DOTS got shut down by the owner

There needs to be a forum to explore Mainstream and Alternative views to connect what is going on at TEOTGKE. If ,after its time out, DOTS is reopened then there will be no need for this Forum and we can migrate back to it

I titled the forum I Wonder Why That Is as that is a question I have learned to ask myself because of the DOTS forum. I look at ALL information now with a critical eye.

I enjoy exploring 'fringe" ideas, not because I believe them or endorse them but they make me consider ideas that my conditioning has not allowed me to consider before

Silver66 

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

silver66
silver66's picture
To launch this new forum

Which I hope is temporary, here is a youtube video of an idea that is burning up the internet. I find it fascinating and have no opinion on it ...yet !

It is fringe

I wonder why it is so popular on youtube right now?

Silver66

Silver66

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Hat Tips: 59758
Hi Silver 66,

Great idea, and if nothing changes, I'm in.

To Turdville

​An open letter to Turd:

I understand that We don't agree on much, but just in the past week, their have been several renewed subscriptions as a direct result of DOTS, and until our troll arrived (who's been stalking this site for the past three years) to wreak some havoc, it was an amazingly civilized discussion forum.

I flagged a comment last night, and asked for your help. Is this your solution?

Peckerwood  wasn't working alone, he had help, I think you'll find a couple of the guys from Dan's site are just screwing with you.

This guy has been hurling insults, and undermining discussions for weeks now, and finally waged a successful "holy war" to shutdown a very popular forum.

Starting it over is not a problem, but this guy has followed me to YouTube, and from one forum to another, without any other way avoid him.

He has been stalking me, I don't chase anyone anywhere just to insult them.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to handle such a malignant influence on a discussion in the future. On my YouTube channel, I was able to delete his posts, and ban him from putting up anymore. Most of his insults were directed at you.

I figured after his fourth username on the site, you already were aware of him.

I would very much appreciate it if you could find a better way of removing a troll without destroying one of your own assets,

I'd be more than happy to work with you if you have any suggestions.

"When the student is ready,
the teacher will appear."

silver66
silver66's picture
What to do?

Here is an idea

Silver66

Silver66

Maryann
Maryann's picture
Hat Tips: 4773
Pet food conspiracy.....

Ok Silver66, I have something.  And I am serious about this and am open to any ideas and help.  We have two cats, roughly about 9 years old.  A  while back one of them began licking the hair off his belly.  Vet said probably stress.  Well he gradually licked almost all the hair off his belly and inside hind legs.  I have done all kinds of internet research, and there are many theories but no good cures.  

A few months ago I found several articles online that suggested cats can be allergic to chicken, so we stopped buying any cat food products with chicken and have been feeding them fish instead.  About a week ago, our other kitty started biting the hair off his back.  So I go online again and lo and behold now I am finding articles about fish causing allergic reactions in cats.  I kid you not.  And, coincidentially, there are all kinds of new cat food products that are grain free, fish free, etc, etc and cost three times what I used to pay for cat food.

Is there a conspiracy among the pet food producers in order to get us to buy higher priced food???  Anybody else have a similar experience??

silver66
silver66's picture
I have always wondered why

groups of men and women from many years ago could build such engineering marvels. IWWTI

Silver66

Silver66

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
The flat earth theory

Now there is an interesting first topic,

Silver 66, since you posted that first video for me to watch, my YouTube channel keeps giving me suggestions on the latest flat Earth theories, and I must admit, I've watched a few of them.

One researcher, Michael Tsarion, speaks regularly of how we are actually trapped on this planet, by a technologically advanced Force field that isolates this planet from all others. I'm trying to work that theory into this one, to see if the physics add up.

The trick, would be to combine many alternative disciplines, to create a new matrix. Theoretically speaking, there's a lot more that can be done with the holographic universe model, which might make this theory plausible.

Can you tell me why you find it so intriguing?

Is there anything about it that gives it a special plausibility from your perspective?

Curious minds want to know.enlightened

silver66
silver66's picture
Pet food

We are a dog family (85 lbs boxer). So I know about the plight of buying food for our four legged friends . They are part of the family. We have not experienced what you post about. 

The cynical side of me thinks you analysis would be spot on.See this short video

Silver66

Silver66

ltcolkilgore
ltcolkilgore's picture
Hat Tips: 1677
We had a cat...

that licked a bunch of fur off, same thing for us, vet said it was stress. Cat eventually stopped after a couple of months, I'm sure I do not need to tell you how strange cats can be and act. I doubt it's the food but who knows, I tend to believe animals pick up on our own stresses and act out much in the way children can. Dogs get more credit for intelligence but that's just because cats are too smart to do stupid tricks or obey commands...

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust...
Psalm 144

Maryann
Maryann's picture
Bacon....

Yes, smaller packages of bacon.  And don't even get me started on coffee!  

But this cat thing is crazy.  Our kitties are indoor, and I would not described their life as stressful.  So the fur licking is just crazy.  I have always had cats and have never had these issues.  But the changes in pet food....  Maybe there is a similar link in human food too?  

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Maryann

I also have a nine-year-old cat, and about a year ago, he started gaining weight, lots of it. He's up to about 25 pounds now, and he has an addiction to fresh shrimp.

I think food allergies are becoming an epidemic, for people and animals alike. I'm noticing a lot of people in my life gaining a lot of weight. This seems strange to me.

AG  1969 can cite several dozen ways we are all being poisoned, and I would think this also applies to pet food.

My best guess is that it may be environmental as well, the air is becoming increasingly toxic, and so is the water.

Do you have municipal or well water?

silver66
silver66's picture
Flat earth

1-The horizon question that is posed. 

I was recently in a plane to visit a friend. As far as I could see there was no curvature to the horizon.  IWWTI ?

2-Why the atmosphere does not spin at 1000 mph like we are told the earth globe does. If it is contained by the stratosphere? then when rockets pass it to outer space,that would be one heck of jolt to go from zero to 1000 mph rotation hitting your rocket. IWWTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1eT55sD6o​

Those are just two of the ideas that made me go Hmmmmm

and willing to let my mind consider something that is a basic axiom to be false

Not saying I believe but it is interesting to explore.

Silver66

Silver66

ltcolkilgore
ltcolkilgore's picture
Hat Tips: 1677
Human food.

I think we can all agree that there are some serious issues in the food chain but I really don' t think the answer is smaller packs of bacon. cryingLet's not exacerbate the problem...

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust...
Psalm 144

Maryann
Maryann's picture
Mr Fix

We have municipal water.  I did buy a pheromone calming collar online that helps one kitty some, but when it wears off he licks again.  Perhaps that would indicate stress, but I don't know. sad  Yes, I think there is something to the allergy idea.

Edit: oh, and why do I always see my typos after the time is up?  smileycheeky

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hat Tips: 9692
Ok

Once again confounded. I reckon cause I'm knee deep in shit and dirt all the time, so nothing short of an atomic bomb annoys me personally. I mean hurts my feelings.

Anyway I cook for my pets. When I had them, any kinda meat I grind it with my handy dandy kitchen aid mixer meat grinder and put it in a soup pot and throw in rice. It makes a big goo. Stinks but my pets were never sick. I just tossed out bosses pot. Almost all live many years beyond their breed life expectancy.

Anyway I gonna go learn fx trading.... My first pro tip from a master is never trade with leverage... Also Asia markets mornings are sluggish. All the action happens in the afternoon,

Haha fat chance I ever understand a bit of it but it's kinda like watching the tote board ... Kinda.

Oh and btw ...that wonderful filly I posted about won the grade one spinster stakes at Saratoga at seven furlongs. She was game and lucky. She needs more distance but she is 2 for 2. Look for her at the breeders cup. Her mama was a queen and she might be too but she's awful small takes after her sire.

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
@ Maryann

Here's a idea, I purchase distilled water by the gallon that I make my colloidal silver with,

It doesn't cost very much, and I would seriously consider giving it to my cat. Clean water will do wonders for them.

It would be great for you too!

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
@ Ruffian

Congratulations on picking a winner again, you've got a real nack  at picking the ponies.

Picking a winning currency will be more like picking the least broken horse.

The best of luck with that!

Bugzy
Bugzy's picture
Hat Tips: 10562
Wow

Happy dots. yes

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Yep, We are just one big happy family again

angel

Bugzy
Bugzy's picture
Hat Tips: 10562
Can I suggest

That there be no more talk and or acknowledgement of anything to do with religion on dots.... there is absolutely NO POINT: beliefs are beliefs and ought not be discussed on DOTS. There is another forum for that. Let's just not acknowledge it at all.... give the subject no power.

Suggest Turd gives it a week and re open.... Perhaps explicit warning re religion... yes I get it... it is tough Craig... I know you to be RC, I was raised as such. Yet, many attempt to take over in bible sense... it is normal to respond. I would rather not have anything to do with it.

Make DOTS religion free. Personally give one warning and then ban... I am ok with that. It is NOT a debatable topic,,, therefore ban it.

My two cents... Bugzy

KC
KC's picture
Hat Tips: 925
DOTS Redux, Ayahuasca, Flat Earth, Mary Jane

Hello friend on IWWTI/DOTS Redux

Ok, Lots to say, but I have to spread out some thoughts over a couple of separate posts.  I spent 3 weeks in Peru & Colombia in July.  I had budgeted one day of the trip for an Ayahuasca Ceremony in Pisac, Peru.  Unfortunately, I was unable to do the ceremony due to some poor planning and bad luck.  I came back to Phoenix and my girlfriend of three years and I have parted ways.  We have some serious and fundamental differences on some key issues such as parenting, planning for the future, and general existential incompatibilities.  I’ve been rather down the last month as this big life change unfolds. Ah, whoever said life would be easy…..

Participating in the Ayahuasca Ceremony is still very important to me, and I will make it happen in the near future.  So, I may return to Peru and participate in 3 cereomonies or I may set something up here in Arizona. I communicated with some people that facilitate ceremonies before my trip and 3 is supposed to be the magic number for consciousness expansion, not that you wouldn’t stand to benefit from 1 ceremony.  I’ll keep you posted if I set something up here.  I know there are a few of you that are interested.

Silver66, thanks for starting the new forum and posting the flat earth video earlier on DOTS.  I haven’t posted lately, but that was one thing that truly jolted me.  I’m not 100% convinced, but just like 911, a little research opens a lot of mental doorways. 

For me, I just had to sit down and do the math.  It’s not real hard.  A calculator/spreadsheet and Pythagorean Theorem, plug the numbers, and verify the theoretic curvature of the earth.  Easy math, over 3 miles the curve of the earth is supposed to be 3 feet, over 10 miles it is about 66 feet, over 100 miles it is about 6600 feet.  I had never thought to do the calculations?  Why would I?  I know the earth is round.  I’ve known it my whole life.  Did anyone ever prove it to me?  Well, I thought so.  I saw pictures from space etc.  Watch the videos and rethink your position.

What also struck me as weird was that the conspiracy did not really get any traction on DOTS after Silver66 posted it.  Peculiar.  Theories anyone?  To be honest, I was a bit embarrassed to be caught watching a flat earth video.  Lots of people think I’m off kilter already.  Flat earth = really off kilter. 

Still it doesn’t add up.  If the Earth is a big ball, then it curves 66 feet in ten miles.  Manhattan Island is 13 miles long.  Do you think that it curves 66 feet from one end to the other?  The buildings would literally be visible curving away from you.  Hmmm.  Mind Bending.

Sun, Moon, and Stars prove the earth flat:

Mark Sargent had done some interesting videos, although I think he has a tendency to talk before he verifies and he is a little prone to embellishment…..The Long Haul

Can anyone from New Zealand or Australia comment on this?  Silveryblue, do you do an international travel?

Here is another…..

The Planes Help Prove the Plane

In any event there seems to be some truth to the Antarctica conspiracy.

Lisa Harrison with Mark Sargent

PS, I not sure what to think about the DOTS derailment.  FIX, perhaps it is better to refrain from commenting on religious doctrine at all.  You get drawn in and escalation ensues. I do like the idea IWWTI forum.  It is a place to go when DOTS is derailed, an alternative if you will. 

OK, gotta run. 

"What's the matter Mary Jane, you had a hard day
As you place the don't disturb sign on the door
You lost your place in line again, what a pity
You never seem to want to dance anymore"

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "I wonder why that is ( IWWTI)"