Scott J's House of Banter

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 1:31pm
lottiedah

ScottJ

I don't worry about where I'm at in the process. This is a life long journey. Sometimes it feels that I am in 'the zone' (sports term) and other times I am wandering, carried off by my desires. It is not a race and there is no finish line, no prize at the end. The journey and experience itself is so precious there is no need for the tricks and traps that we normally would use to move ourselves to and fro.

I shared because you invited me. If you remain open to whatever comes, ScottJ, then many of these experiences will manifest in your life. All of life will become your teacher and fellow travelers will become a delight. Like the cloud is waiting to manifest when the conditions are right, so is what you seek. It already exists.

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 2:24pm
lottiedah

ScottJ

What we know can hold us down and block our sight. We can only fly when we let go.

Dougie MacLean - Broken Wings
Mon, Jul 11, 2011 - 3:23pm
lottiedah

Gerald Celente

"When people have nothing left to lose, they lose it." ~ Gerald Celente

Perhaps, though... When people have nothing left to lose, then they are free! ~Lottiedah

What do you think, ScottJ?

((more banter))

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 - 12:14pm lottiedah
HappyNow
-
Canada

lottiedah wrote: "When people

lottiedah wrote:

Perhaps, though... When people have nothing left to lose, then they are free! ~Lottiedah

((more banter))

Well Gerald is talking typical behaviour and it's always fun to turn a phrase on it's head and see what one gets.

For me it's freedom when losing and winning lose significance.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Tue, Jul 12, 2011 - 3:43pm lottiedah
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

lottiedah wrote:"When people

lottiedah wrote:

((more banter))

I would tend to agree with your presented philosophy instead of Gerald Celente. Celente is a to the point type of person. He may have a lot of the outside world figured out, but his emotions tend to overpower some of the facts that he is laying out there. I don't know if it is for show or if he has not fully looked inward yet, but nonetheless, we are all trying to describe our unique perception of reality through the common words... how inconvenient!

I have been very big on the saying:

Every Truth has its Time

This can be taken to imply that every moment of "time" has different truth's self-evident to the collective consciousness, and at the right moment, the right truth will present itself. The true world exists at all times, but the collective consciousness is cluttered with distractions, illusions, and attachments. It is theoretically possible to disassociate with those false-truths, but the problem is we have been taught they are the truths! When the things fall away and there is no other option to be had, the rebirth can happen as the minority will once again become the majority.

In all past events, the effects have been regional. The coming years we as individuals will be so lucky to experience it alongside every other human being on this planet. It may not be smooth, but if you look to the cyclical ness of nature, you see many times in which deconstruction is the precursor to re-construction. Nothing more evident and hidden to this philosophy as the seasons here on our planet... as life seems to "die" and "rebirth" every year...

We must lose what we do not need in order to discover truth.

There is a lot of things that the collective conscious is carrying around with it these days....

My oh my the world we could have if you and me help create it... and it starts with I!

Thanks for the video, really helped put some pieces together!!! I have been spreading it like wildfire (haha what a saying... as wildfire (deconstruction) is a precursor to new growth in the prairie!)

Banter Banter Banter!

Since time is eternal in the now, the only thing that separates

Take everything in moderation, including moderation~
Tue, Jul 12, 2011 - 4:53pm
lottiedah

No Truth is Isolated

Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians... they are all right to some degree. I've come to see that there is no truth isolated from the other truths.

https://www.noogenesis.com/pineapple/blind_men_elephant.html

John Godfrey Saxe's ( 1816-1887) version of the famous Indian legend,

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he,
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

-------

If they would have listened to each other they would have had a better understanding of the truth.

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 - 12:45pm
lottiedah

"For me it's freedom when

"For me it's freedom when losing and winning lose significance. " ~HappyNow

Great observation. Thanks for that!

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (Live, 1970)
Wed, Jul 13, 2011 - 2:31pm
lottiedah

"Mourning the Death of a Dream"

Cheesy song, but interesting lyrics:

(listener warning, a barf bag may need to be kept near if you listen to the recording of this tune)

Cool morning shadows sadly shift across the floor
Each time we say goodbye it's harder than before
Even after all the pain of parting still we find
That we must mourn the death of the dreams we leave behind
As I turn my back on all that means the most to me
The sounds and smells, the light that dances on the sea
The greatest gamble is to act on the belief
That only the slave who leaves it all is truly free

The sacrifice that we both lay before His feet
A thousand moments that belonged to us
That now will never be

By faith we hold a better dream inside our hearts
A time when our family will never have to be apart
Till then we struggle with just what it really means
And we will mourn the death of our beautiful dreams
Mourn the death of our beautiful dreams

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 - 5:23pm lottiedah
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

lottiedah wrote: Republicans,

lottiedah wrote:

Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians... they are all right to some degree. I've come to see that there is no truth isolated from the other truths.

https://www.noogenesis.com/pineapple/blind_men_elephant.html

John Godfrey Saxe's ( 1816-1887) version of the famous Indian legend,

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he,
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

-------

If they would have listened to each other they would have had a better understanding of the truth.

I shared this with friends. Very wise indeed.

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 4:40pm
lottiedah

"The Poem and the Beast"

ScottJ,

Thought you might like this site: https://www.secretdoors.com/weavermoon/secondcoming.html

Speaks of global cycles, new world orders and spiritual awakenings, based on writings from the late 19th and early 20th century. Very interesting.

-------------copied from the website above-----

The Poem and the Beast:
Artistic and Topical Readings of Yeats' "The Second Coming"

Yeats' poem "The Second Coming," written in 1919 and published in 1921 in his collection of poems Michael Robartes and the Dancer, taps into the concept of the gyre and depicts the approach of a new world order. The gyre is one of Yeats' favorite motifs, the idea that history occurs in cycles, specifically cycles "twenty centuries" in length (Yeats, "The Second Coming" ln. 19). In this poem, Yeats predicts that the Christian era will soon give way apocalyptically to an era ruled by a godlike desert beast with the body of a lion and the head of a man (ln. 14). Critics have argued about the exact meaning of this image, but a close reading of the poem, combined with some simple genetic work, shows that Yeats saw the new order as a reign of terror haunted by war. "The Second Coming," in its entirety, is an astounding encapsulation of Yeats' idea of the gyre and his fears about the future of mankind; it is expertly woven with threads of prophetic literary reference and impressive poetic techniques.

To begin, the gyre, a spiral or repeated circling motion, is a symbol and a concept that Yeats used repeatedly in his poetry and prose, and the poetics of "The Second Coming" illustrate the idea of the gyre. The repeated words in the poem enforce the idea of "spiral images" (Drake 131); words and phrases, such as "surely" and "is at hand" in lines 9 and 10, "turning" in line 1, "is loosed" in lines 4 and 5, and the very title, "Second Coming" in lines 10 and 11, are repeated, creating an onomatopoeic effect suggesting the repetitive movement of the gyre (Bornstein 203). Similarly, repetitious or paired images give the same effect, as Yeats seems to cycle through his "falcon" ("The Second Coming" ln. 2) to the "desert birds" (ln. 17), "the best lack[ing] all conviction" (ln. 7) to "the worst/...full of passionate intensity" (ln. 7-8), and his central images, the "rocking cradle" of Christ (ln. 20) to the "rough beast" (ln. 21).

Other kinds of echoes, literary rather than poetic, emerge as well; Yeats connects "The Second Coming" with Shelley's Prometheus Unbound in lines 7 and 8, "The best lack all conviction, while the worst/Are full of passionate intensity" (Drake 53), and even, Jeffares suggests, the Divine Comedy, by altering the "hawk" of an earlier draft to more closely resemble the "ample circuit" of a "falcon" described in Dante's masterpiece (A Commentary 241). Yeats surely made these allusions to borrow the literary scale of these prophetic masterpieces. But far more important in this respect is his borrowings from the Bible. Most central and obvious are the Second Coming of Christ described in Matthew 24 and the beast of the apocalypse from Revelations, but Purdy also notes "the vision chapters of Daniel (7-12)," "Isaiah's prophecy of the Day of the Lord (14.6-11, 19-22), 'old Ezekiel's cherubim' (10.1ff), and Jeremiah's denunciation of Isreal (2)" (75), not to mention Yeats' location of the beast's birth at Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ two thousand years ago (Jeffares, W. B. Yeats 38). The Bible is, of course, the western world's primary work of prophecy, and Yeats' use of its language gives his own work a tone of prophecy.

The tool of Yeats' prophecy, crystallized in the "widening gyre" traced by the falcon, is a concept Yeats detailed at some length in a note to the poem in the first printing ("The Second Coming" ln. 1). To summarize, Yeats described an idea he claimed came from Michael Robartes that described the mind's evolution as a process of circling toward the wide end of an idealistic cone until, as he put it in the third line of "The Second Coming," "the center cannot hold" (Ellmann, A Commentary 239-40). At that point a revelation occurs, and the mind shifts to a new center, the narrow end of a cone of opposing idealism, inverted and superimposed on the first, with its narrow end at the center of the wide end of the first (240). This model, explained Yeats in his note, could also be used to describe human history; the world's gyre is shifted by a revelation every two thousand years (241). The results are evident in the upheaval caused by Christ's teaching, an upheaval two thousand years before that, and the frightening wars of Yeats' time (241). Based on these notes, it seems that Yeats' opposed gyres are in conflict, but neither is especially bad; each merely marks the coronation of "a new kind of god," as Jeffares puts it (W. B. Yeats 36).

Some critics propagate this point of view. According to Donald Davie, "the poem says...that when the superhuman invades the human realm all that the human can say of it is that it is non-human: there can be no discriminating at such a time between subhuman and superhuman, between bestial and divine" (79). Under this point of view, the new world order that Yeats predicts in this poem is not by definition better or worse than the old Christian order; it is simply unfamiliar. As Stock describes it, "the only thing we [or the speaker] know of it for certain is that it will appear monstrous and terrifying to those whose traditions it supersedes" (187). So the monstrosity of the new order is merely a result of the viewer's being accustomed to the old order, having a similar effect as that of the Christian era's order on Tacitus, who, "more puzzled than hostile," ruled "that Christians were enemies of the human race" (186). The beast's order is monstrous for the same reasons that the Christ child's rocking cradle is a "nightmare" from the beast's own perspective (Yeats, "The Second Coming" ln. 20).

Under this point of view, the "rough beast" of the poem takes on an identity very consistent with its physical description; it is "sphinx-like" (Ellman, Identity of Yeats 50). If it physically resembles a sphinx, "with lion body and the head of a man," it ought also to be like a sphinx in other ways (Yeats, "The Second Coming" 14). And if it is not a thing of evil, but a monster because it is foreign, then its foreignness is well expressed by its resemblance to a sphinx, since the sphinx, from Oedipus, is a riddler (Adams 143). So the monster, it would seem, is nothing more than an enigma, monstrous because it is unfamiliar.

But the creature described is not quite so tame. The beast's eyes are "pitiless as the sun" (Yeats, "The Second Coming" ln. 15), and it is followed not by the (literally) noble falcon, but by "shadows" (already a dark and suggestive word choice) of "desert birds," certainly vultures, for no other bird makes such a prominent habit of reeling, as these birds are doing (17). And no self-respecting vulture would soar around a titanic beast simply because of its symbolic significance; vultures go where there is carrion. This beast is not only pitiless, but it leaves a wake of carnage. It is no passive but alien riddler; Yeats made it monstrous because it is a monster.

If the poem itself is not enough to show Yeats' attitude toward the beast, some genetic background is enlightening. Yeats wrote in the introduction to The Resurrection that he "'began to imagine, as always at [his] left side just out of range of the sight, a brazen winged beast that [he] associated with laughing, ecstatic destruction'" (Jeffares, A Commentary 243). In a footnote, Yeats explained that this same "'brazen winged beast'...was 'afterwards described in [his] poem "The Second Coming"'" (243). The only reference to any sort of riddler here is in the fact that the monster laughs in the midst of its "'ecstatic destruction'" (243)!

Many critics remark that this poem is deeply concerned with the grim drama of modern war, including World War I as well as the Russian Revolution and the Black-and-Tan War in Ireland, and Yeats himself described his poem as a reaction to "'the growing murderousness of the world'" to which these wars were alerting him (Jeffares, A Commentary 242); this concern with war marks "The Second Coming" as a modernist work (Abrams 119). One of Yeats' early manuscripts of "The Second Coming" actually makes direct reference to the Germans in Russia (Yeats, Michael Robartes 151). And, years after the poem was written and published, Yeats said in a letter that "The Second Coming" predicted "what is happening in Europe," World War II (Ellman, Yeats: the Man 278). Yeats' attitude toward this monster is clearly not ambivalence. Finally, it could be argued that the beast, the very "embodiment of the irrational destructiveness of all wars," is not an aspect of the new order, but merely a feature of the tumultuous transition, part of the revelation. But this argument is completely nullified by the final line, which makes clear that this terrible, bestial god of war does not merely usher in the new age, but "slouches toward Bethlehem to be born" into Christ's place; this beast is nothing less than the new world order Yeats prophesies in "The Second Coming" (Yeats, "The Second Coming" ln. 22).

"The Second Coming" is not about ambivalence. It is not about looking forward to a new age, with new philosophies and new wonders. Purdy says that "Yeats resists coming to conclusions even when, given alternatives, choosing seems inevitable, and even when seeming to choose" (74). It seems he has left a riddle with "The Second Coming," and a conclusion that critics do not agree on, but the eventual answer seems clear. Yeats saw Europe, his world, wracked by inhumane warfare. And he feared that the beast was coming to claim its kingdom, right on time.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:22pm
lottiedah

et tu, brute?

Oh, young men, be wise.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Therefore by their fruits you will know them." Matt 7: 15~20

A lesson for me:

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces." Matt 7:6 (wise words from the Christ)

Goodbye, ScottJ

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7&version=NKJV

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 - 2:43am
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

From my latest blog post:

From my latest blog post: https://thehardrightedge.com/are-you-aware/

Who looks outside, dreams; Who looks inside, awakes. -- Carl Jung

Have we as a people stopped to realize that we are living in a completely unique time period within the history of humanity? Can you name one other period in humanity where sharing opinions with one another has been so easily achieved and utilized via the internet? Has there ever been a time in the world with more integrated worldwide financial and political web on the planet than today? Has humanity ever been so interconnected with no time delay? Have there ever been so many distractions for the individual to overcome in order to find himself? Has there ever been the abundance of available information for digestion by the individual, regardless if it is true or false knowledge. What are the consequences and risks of living in a society that functions in this unique paradigm compared to the previous civilizations that have thrived and fallen? Can you step out the your unique normalcy perspective and observe a broader and more undefined structure? Why is this not the focus of our energy as a human species? Why is society plagued with constant war, corruption and psychological manipulation in the name of profit? Is humanity about to achieve a new awareness that frees itself from the chains of illusion?

The potential exists to collaborate with one another and evolve as a species into a higher level of consciousness in which individuals strive to understand one another, the self, and reality (and live accordingly). The challenge is great, the obstacles are daunting, the emotions are volatile, and the threat is ignorance, but the reward is the ability to truly live as a species. Open your mind, we are apart of a new age in humanity.

The journey starts within your conscious self. The only thing you required is awareness an open mind.

Below is the philosophies of Anthony de Mello, a spiritual teacher. You can listen to hours of thoughtfully stimulating and perspective changing philosophies on the hosted website for the low cost of only your time and attention. His philosophies have been a great beacon of light in my personal journey for self-awareness.

https://awareness.tk/

Anthony de Mello - Awareness pt.1 on waking up

-

Illusion quickly drops once awareness is shined upon the emptiness of lies.

Every majority opinion starts as a minority opinion of one.

-

Scott J

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 - 2:44am ScottJ
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

Thanks Lottiedah for sharing

Thanks Lottiedah for sharing such a great resource in Anthony de Mello. Truly a testament to the workings of the evolution of consciousness, one individual at a time.

Cheers

Wed, Aug 17, 2011 - 6:52pm ScottJ
maravich44

@ ScottJ. Devine Cosmos.

Scott. Take a wander. Steve.

Wed, Aug 17, 2011 - 9:17pm maravich44
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

maravich44 wrote: Scott. Take

maravich44 wrote:

Scott. Take a wander. Steve.

What do you mean by this? -

I love to wander/just absorb my surroundings around me. Are you trying to imply something specifically?

Wed, Aug 17, 2011 - 10:03pm ScottJ
maravich44

@ Scott J.

.Divine Cosmos. com. Scott, nothing implied. I was hoping to nudge you to this site. Best.

Wed, Aug 17, 2011 - 11:50pm
maravich44

@ Scott J.

Pineal Gland. thoughts?. "Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right"....J Garcia.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 - 10:45pm
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

Scott J...This is for you!!!...

REMEMBER US?

IN MEMORY OF THE ONES...

Who Passed "Our" Way...
But...Never Out Of Our Hearts...

Some Things Never Start...
Nor Do They Finish...
We Try To Accomplish Things Which We Are Unable To Fufill...

Proscrastination Of The Successful...
Is Like Postponining...
The "Cash Cow" Of The Future...
And The Pastures It Grazes On...

It Is Quite Interesting....
And The Interest Rate Of The Inevitable...
Is The Gain From From The Poor Man's Fortitude...

Life Begins...
It Dangles From A Fine Thread...
At First... Extending...
From The Warm Comfort Of Mother Earth's Womb...
& Then Onto Our Brethen...
Just An Extension Of...
Life Itself...

Time Flies...
Like A Pound Of Butterflies...
And...The Morning Is Upon Us...
The Beauty Has Been There All The Time...Only In Our Vaguest Dreams...
And....Mother Beckons Us From Our Sleep...To Butter The Toast...
Before We Fly Out The Door...

We Never Remember...
Long Enough...To Forget...
Sweet Dreams...

But...We Must Pass By The Ocean...
Where We Will Stay Awhile...
To Cast Our Fortunes...& Misfortunes...Upon The Tides...

We Listen To The Seashells...Of The Ones Who Came Before Us...
Long Enough...
To Be Washed Upon The Shore...

We Reach Out...
An Extension Of Life Itself...
We Choose To Pick Up Where We Left Off...
We Read The Message In The Bottle...

Below The Ancient Sea Blown Deck...
Of An Unknown Battered Wreck...
Came From Journeys Of The Past...
Pilgrims Who Secured The Mast...

Today That Day Of Yesterday...
Still Lingers Within The Ship...
And Procrastination Lies Beneath...
The Deep Sea Moss...

Bag Of Gold

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 - 7:47pm BagOfGold
ScottJ
-
Chicago, IL

Thanks for taking the time to

Thanks for taking the time to share this BOG.

Original work is always the most authentic.

Sun, Aug 28, 2011 - 10:14pm ScottJ
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

ScottJ...

ScottJ wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share this BOG.

Original work is always the most authentic.

Your place here...is the perfect "time capsule"...where the forgotten or misplaced...may be found again!!!...

Thanks So Much!!!...

Bag Of Gold