Preakness

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hat Tips: 12344
Preakness

Ok I'm doing this cuz a potential triple crown.

BUT. I did not like APs race. First off mr z who is co-owned normally veers outward. Tis race he went inward and io gasped cuz I truly believed he was gonna fall. Mr z has made it it to the top 3 spots in every race he ran and he's run more than anyone. This left AP with a cllear straight path to the front and pinched everyone else inward.

Plus AP was all out. Don't believe what you hear.. That horse was brutalized by his jockey. He hit that horse some 36 times the last furlong. In fact he's being fined for the ride he gave to his oaks mount. That horses was freaking bloody as hell. I believe we have seen the limit of APs potential. Hopefully, Espinoza is gonna pay for his ride on AP.

Firing line..... Well he pressed Dortmund the entire way around. The track was dead, shame on Churchill downs. So why would Garcia put Dortmund on the rail? You guess.... This is why they used to couple entities to protect the bettors from the crap horsemen have to figure out.

Firing line... Oh well he's game but he's not used to racing every 2 weeks. He's a horse who likes a long layoff. His team says he can handle it. As tho he has a choice. I mean what else are they gonna say.

Actually Dortmund, although he was mired deep on the rail. Seemed to have come out well. Big horses lie him need to be off the rail to generate momentum.

Frosted, he was affected inj the start and made a valiant effort to get on the board. Looks like he's not going to the Preakness tho.

Materiality got the worst trip and ran the best race than all of them. He was smoking home. Him and many others eased off cuz they knew they were not going to hit the board. Which is the right thing to do. Don't know if he's going to the Preakness..... But he will be a major factor in the belmont. He's got brilliant tactical speed and that's what wins belmonts.... Not closers like many falsely believe.

Carpe diem? I suspected he wouldn't go well and he didn't . But I didn't think he'd race that bad. Preakness, I dunno. Doesn't look lime Pletcher is taking any of them there.

Dancing moon.....hasn't peaked. He's going to the preakness but as I noted in the derby thread I think he's more suited for Belmont. He ran a solid derby.

Churchill is doing their best to destroy the derby IMO. Ok AP won but I'm not convinced he was the best horse in the race.

I sure I forgot stuff but the fields not set and still a week to go.... More later

Marblesonac
Marblesonac's picture
Hat Tips: 2808
Can't wait to hear more

Looking forward to more reports and maybe what bets are recommended.

GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 5251
A Revenge Fantasy

"That horse was brutalized by his jockey. He hit that horse some 36 times the last furlong." Ruffian

I'd like to hit the jockey 36 times while he runs a furlong. I've got a four wheeler that would be my mount as the little fucker ran along feeling the whip every few yards.

I abhor anyone that abuses animals or anyone of lessor power, that includes all kingdoms, Animal, Plant and Mineral. Aho (Native way of affirming the Power, The Great Mystery or the Spark of Creator). Behavior such as this seems rampant and growing in this sickest of cultures.

Not drunk enough yet, so I'll have to cut this rant short and take another snort of 45 year old Maker's Mark that my father put away by the case. I've got about 10 bottles left. One for my son and grandchildren after I'm off planet. I'll savor the others a sip at a time.

GuerrillaCapitalist
GuerrillaCapitalist's picture
Hat Tips: 5251
Forgive the Off Topic Post, Please. Nat'l Media Protection Law

Ruffian:

Please forgive the interruption but I want as many of our neighbors to see this proposal written by Chelsea Manning.

Bill to Re-Establish the National Integrity and to Protect Freedom of Speech, and the Freedom of the Press

May 7, 2015 by the Chelsea Manning Support Network

On May 6, The Guardian published Chelsea Manning’s latest op-ed, “We’re citizens, not subjects. We have the right to criticize government without fear,” concerning increasing freedom of information and government transparency. Manning states, “We need to create a media ‘shield’ law with teeth and substance that creates an effective federal privilege for communications between a journalist and her sources, preventing the government from compelling testimony from the journalist and to protect the documents, records and other information created by the journalist and the actual communications between the journalist and her sources. The privilege should be in effect unless the government can prove with clear and convincing evidence that very clear and dangerous circumstances should merit an exception.”

Further illustrating her point, Chelsea has proposed the “Bill to Re-Establish the National Integrity and to Protect Freedom of Speech, and the Freedom of the Press” (below) and has also written a Section-by-Section analysis of the bill (below).

To finish reading: http://www.chelseamanning.org/featured/nifspa

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
@marble

Thx!!!

Ya know I'll have m,ore to say. A few more declared but I haven't checked them out yet. Plus just like the did for the dervy, folks are waiting to declare to get in. Really weird, never seen anything quite like it for classic races.

A lot of horses getting sick with weird viruses too. Some are actually found in human populations,,, I have my theories,,,

As of right now, I'm liking Dortmund. BUT anything involving Baffert is a sham.

Plus I'm wondering about the mutuel funds... Was like a 175m for the derby. I'm always looking for a play that can beat the favorite. Which is why who I think will win and what I actually play are different. I try to giveout a cheap wager with some value.

It's freaking hot as hell here. I hope this entire summer isn't like this. Mid may and pushing 90 is horrible to me.

Hope ya good!

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Lol@GC

That seriously made me laugh. Everyone knows I loves me boubon. So I completely understand. Oh my 45yrs old. That must be amazing.... Definitely for sipping!

I think I told you once...one of my mantas is " what happens to the beast, happens to the man". From Lakota I guess it's a proverb... So I'm with ya on the abuse. I do use whips but I use them mainly for the crack sound and i also use a padded stick. Sometimes, i do need to use one for discipline and that's a pretty good whack. It's necessary so the animal and people around don't get hurt. However, I would have no problem if we outlawed them in races like they do in Europe. There are some jocks I refuse to sign on board cuz of their heavy hands. Also, it's essential any horse becomes accustomed to the whip cuz they are flying all around them. So I'm light on them so they don't fear them.

Despite my own propensity to brawl. I find I get a lot more from animals simply by asking them to do what they naturally want to do. Than by bullying them. Although there are several bloodlines that are notoriously difficult. It's a true test of will and stamina with them and whip can be necessary with them. Yet, as anyone knows, there is a difference between smacking a toddler reaching for a hot stove and beating them bloody.

Oh and good to post that, it's much more important than a horse race.... Besides me Casa is yo Casa anytime!

Be well dear friend!

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Lmao@me

Hey marble, I hanging out with too many metal people.

I wrote above mutuel fund instead of mutuel POOL!

Very tiny chance my bro might show up tomorrow... I mean I kinda am his proxy mom... I feel like a girl going on her first date. This is sick. I'm not sure what will be worse, his coming or not coming. Part of me doesn't want him to but I know I'll be hurt if he doesn't.

Jays can only be here for 3 hours and I'm worried about their first contact cuz jays wants to beat the hay outta him. Although jays could damn well be the one getting the tar beat outta him. Then I'll end up having to jump all over jays for getting on my bro.... We are like a bunch of little kids when the teacher leaves the room.

No matter what this is gonna end in tears! It must be nice to have a normal family. Although I've been told that's a myth.

Anyway happy mothers day to all ya moms out there!

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Ok here we go

Divining rod had declared. Nice horse but can't get a handle on him yet.

Danzig moon did a nice breeze at churchill. Definitely a horse on the improve.

Mubtaahij worked to but he's skipping the preakness for the Belmont.... Good idea.

Dortmund was on his toes during his work--- good sign. So far he's my pick

Tale of verve declared but he just broke a special maiden weight anwile ago. Seem,s top be outclassed here.

Pletcher will not announce his plans until wednesday. He has four in mind including competive edge and Standford who was scratched from the derby

Also Baffert and zayat will not run Mr Z ..... No surprises he would present a hindrance to AP on the pimlico surface. same way he searched carpe diem in the derby after the position draw,

Speaking of pimlico .... What a dump. This may be one the last preaknesses run there. Looks like it may move to laurel park

I really can't give out much more cuz the field isn't set and there will be no blazing works from the top three with only a 2 week interval.

Oh well more to come as soon a s I get it.... But my iPad is no longer compatible with many video streams.im so pissed. It's barely 2yrs old. I will NOT support apple again. They can take all their product and shove them up their nose. Problem is I hate android, and Microsoft just as much.

Also bro didn't show. I'm good. Odds were 95-1 that he would show. Soon he will become a ghost to me. Good thing, I chose the track rather than house work. I'd have been pissed.

Btw those sob Chinese are really running up sales prices in both hemispheres....

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Looks like only 7

Will compete for the Preakness.

Pletcher will not enter any of his contenders. This leaves 7, with two who kinda don't belong.

A seven horse race is not a betting race but we shall see once the field is confirmed.

I'm quite disgusted with the manipulation ..... This should not happen with so many occasional/amateur bettors.

Also concerns me belmont has already limited the admittance to 80k people. I mean wtf? The cream used to rise to the top. It appears it's the crud that is floating....

Oh well... Wait for the draw

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Astonishing move

Zayat owner of American pharaoh and Mr Z has sold mr z to calumet farms after stating emphatically mr z would not be entered in the Preakness.

Hard to to know what to make of this. Mr Z's trainer Lukas is truly the best in the biz. He must have brokered the sale on his own. So now to figure what role mr z will play in the race. It really makes no sense.... Unless you figure in APs owners financial woes. He has a whole lot riding on the success of AP....mainly in that he owns his sire.

Mr Z is by today's standards a very heavily raced colt. He's all heart and only raced poorly in the derby. Can he beat AP I dunno. Head to head I say he can but the question is can he reach him to go head to head.

This is all unprecedented and I need more info. Lukas is a wizard with horses and a master at this game. He also keeps his mouth shut....

To be cont

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Here I go

I have to state my heart isn't in this race.

There have been too many human games being played. Also a 8 horse race with such heavy favorites isn't ideal for exotics. The bridge jumpers will be pounding the show pool. In fact if one of the favorite fails don't be surprised to see the show ticket pay more than win tickets.

The track is looking to play sloppy and American pharaoh doesn't mind slop. I kinda think he might try to wire the field from the one hole. Initially I liked Dortmund more but not in the mud. Mr Z who is a nice horse is really in just for a check of any kind and I don't see him making a serious effort to soften up the favorites. Lukas already got his check brokering the sale.

Danzing moon is on the improve but I still stand by my opinion his best chance is the Belmont. Divining rod is interesting but there is literally nothing to rate him against. Btw he's owned by the people who bred and raced the I'll fated Barbaro. He could have raced in the derby but they chose not to enter him. He's by leading sire tapit. A grey who oddly best runners are not greys.

It just has a feel that this is all being set up for a triple crown winner to emerge. Belmont weeks ago announced a limit on attendance for crowd control. Why the he'll do that? You want more people at the track for heavens sakes. Even mr zs new owner who does not gives interviews make baaazillions via Medicare companies. Reckon I wouldnt wanna give them either.

Races are written all the time to attract attendance and so fans can get to see national champions. This is obvious and made known well in advance. This isn't necessary and should never be done for a TC. I hope I'm wrong....but if it looks and smells like shit then it is. Lukas vanning a horse 8hours when he had no race for him.

I wanna see a champ more than anyone. But one that earned it. Not one that was created by humans. No doubt AP is a good horse but his derby was flat and far far from superior. Yes he's beautiful and fluid.....so are a lot of others...

Ya ya can make cash on this race but the layout is too high IMO to get a decent return. The tracks know this and that is why they are guaranteeing funding minimum pools.

Why should me or anyone else be surprised when this all orchestrated by the same people, friends and families of such highly esteemed insititutions like the fed, comex, etc...

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Sigh

What a fiasco.

That was not a tour deforce performance. Knew something was up for sue when Baffert led AP off the van by himself. He hasn't done that in 20yrs at least. Naturally no works cuz of the 2 weeks turnaround, so no video.

But Dortmund looked lame in the rear in the post parade. Why wasn't this race delayed. Furthermore, why wasnt the track furrowed. The rain was over by the time the race was.

Mr z didn't press him. Looked like it but he didn't. He had to make it look as if some effort was made or their would have had to have even a inquiry. Mr z is a very fast horse with more in the tank....that was a farce again. Just enough to not trigger an Stewarts review. Zayat refused to enter him so he didn't interfere with AP. Yet he sells him so he can? Was that an honest effort? I think not.

Firing line and danzing moon just hated the rain. AP slowed for a breather...still no movement from the outside. That track was muddy but it wasn't slow at all. The entire field just eased, except for tale of verve. Really nice looking colt Second place check is pretty good too. Not bad for a horse that is an allowance horse. They walked home... Slop had nothing to do with it.

As zayat said there won't be a sport without a star ..... There are a lot of stars. This whole pile of crap started in 2013 with the point system..

Marblesonac
Marblesonac's picture
Hat Tips: 2808
Last years outburst

By the owner of California Chrome when he lost the Triple Crown, got someone's attention, and "they" are going out of their way to make sure we get a Triple Crown winner this year.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hey marbs

Yeah he got a lot of attention for sure..... But Cali chrome wasn't a triple horse plain and simple. Crown horses take on all challengers..old or new.

This is a different ballgame. This is about the gaming industry and a few big players trying trying to control and compete for dwindling pools. A triple winner would be a vast windfall to a certain bunch of people who already limited eligibility by determining which tracks host the preps that earn points and how many points those races have to qualify for the derby.

Who do reckon gets those preps with points? The track that shares on site and simulcasting revenues with Churchill downs or the ones that don't or limit the percentage? It used to be money earned to get in and now it's a point system. Which is keeping a lot of good horses out.

Naturally the public argument is it can't be done ... It has almost by the narrowest of margins been done... Ie smarty jones... and a few more. Yet, they act like no one has come close.

Then add a state vet scratches a major contender the day before... Submitted so late that tales of verve couldn't enter. Yeah that one that ran second... An multiple ecplise owner who was so furious he withdrew other horses from other stakes... Yet now.... Over a week later they found bone chips in that scratched horse.

The crap with mr z... Etc etc etc. I could go on and on and on. Let's just say they have done everything imaginable to make
a crown happen this year, deservedly or not.

Perhaps the funniest thing is American pharaoh brother xixixixi a five thousand dollars claimer was scratched. You can't have the brother of AP running in thar kind of race now can u? The effffrs forgot he has a brother that's a dud.

I'm so disgusted.... Everywhere you look everywhere is sleaze. There is no honor anywhere anymore. So much more to this but this isn't the venue for it....

Poor Chromes owner had no idea what he was dealing with..... He played right into their plans .....

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
On a good note

I gave out a 2k $1 tri box... On horse I've had my eye on for awhile... I didnt do any wagering myself...

When I was just a kid jays and I would sell tip sheets... Till we got caught... We've always been entrapenuers... Lol. .. Maybe I should get back in that biz or hook up with some of his new acquaintences hehehehe..

I need a new job cuz it sure feels like working hard doesn't pay!

flyinkel
flyinkel's picture
Hat Tips: 7065
Ruffian

Thank you, that was kind of you to stick up for me when such a ridiculous amount was being made out of simple human error.  Last time I checked, I was still human, and I am OK with that.  :)

flyinkel

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
@fly

It's all cool really!

I used to ignore crap all the time. Not anymore. Once an older woman pulled my girlfriends ear for touching something in a museum. Never forgot that. It occurred to me that taking the high road might be not always be the better road.

Yeah we all have bad days and take a piss but taking one on someone else is not ok. Ignoring nastiness has allowed it to proliferate.

Of course, since ima workin' gal I prefer to do biz in person but we are where we are.

Take care

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Hat Tips: 1225
Dear Ruffian ...

I hope you will enjoy this.  I think it is beautiful.

Leonard Cohen - "Ballad of the Absent Mare"

The poetry is stronger than the vocal, but it has always been that way with L.C.

Dale

Dyna mo hum
Dyna mo hum's picture
Hat Tips: 17825
TAKE A LOAD OFF.....

Karankawa
Karankawa's picture
Hat Tips: 6770
Yep

Seeds planted thousands of years ago allways srout.

In a perverse way its entertainling to whatch GL and his  coharts trying to destroy the indivudal search for truth, and the respect for others doing the same.

C0rruption isn't only being exposed, it's being recognized.

What an intersting time  to be alive.

This music is what I grew up with.  That and a HEALTHY respect for the truth.

Kill me GL

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
Hat Tips: 13797
@ Dyna Mo & Karankawa HA!

yesyesyes 

on the vid Dyna Mo smiley

One of my all time favorite groups! Also without a doubt, the most amazing concert I ever attended at Winterland way back on Thanksgiving in '76.

It had to be the most under promoted concert in history, and unbeknownst to most was how many big name artists were showing up for the event.

Simply astonishing.

Cheers, S. Rex

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Preakness"