World's First Coins With QR Codes Will Start Circulating in the Netherlands Next Week

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
World's First Coins With QR Codes Will Start Circulating in the Netherlands Next Week

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-06/worlds-first-currency-qr-codes-will-start-circulating-netherlands-next-week

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:07

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
Hat Tips: 4521

NEAT & UGLY

Plan B
Plan B's picture
Hat Tips: 46
'Circulating?'

I think 'circulating' is not exactly the right word for a commemorative limited-issue coin.

Shill
Shill's picture
really?

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Plan B
Plan B's picture
Hat Tips: 46
Really.

Not a criticism of you - you just lifted their words. But a coin in circulation is one that gets traded for goods and services, hence circulates amongst people. A coin that someone buys to hold as a collectible doesn't do that.

So they'll go on sale next week, but they won't likely circulate unless someone says, 'man what did I buy this ugly piece of shit for?' ;-) and sells it to somebody else.

Of course I'm entirely missing the point of your posting. I can't really think of anything to say about a QR code on a coin, except that it seems kind of tacky.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Links to a "surprise"? You

Links to a "surprise"?

You are in possession of money that was stolen from someone 35 transactions ago, and we're confiscating it!  Surprise!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "World's First Coins With QR Codes Will Start Circulating in the Netherlands Next Week"