What's Your Junior Exploration Microcap Buy List?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
KiniK
KiniK's picture
Hat Tips: 418
What's Your Junior Exploration Microcap Buy List?

So, I guess I have posted some these thoughts before but as I've stated, I believe in the analysis of several mining market commentators that this summer is going to be a great great buying opportunity for gold and silver mining companies of all shapes and sizes.  The question is, what's on your shopping list for Junior Micro-cap Exploration companies and why?

Kinik's Shopping List - Microcap Junior Explorers

1. Smash Minerals - SSH.V  (I bought this very recently as I thought it hit a low) Management Team is from Underworld that found gold in Yukon and sold to Kinross.  Staked out 3rd largest position in Yukon near Underworld find.  Exploring now, wants to begin drilling in August.

2. Oremex - ORM.V - Management team from Orko Silver, who now that Orko is running good can focus on Oremex, in Mexico near Durango, lots of infrastructure built in, was mentioned on a different thread.

3. Pele Mountain Resources - GEM.V - Uranium/Rare Earth Element play.  I love market fundamentals of both Uranium and Rare Earths.  Going back to historical uranium mine, all infrastructure on place already, has recently found heavy Rare Earths (the more rare type).  Drilling to expand resources.

4. Ashburton Ventures - ABR.V, I owned it, it popped, I sold it after they announced a very high grade drilling result.  Drilling for more, stock has slumped due to market ADD and I'm going to own it again.

5. Abcourt Mines - ABI.V - Going back to a historical mine.  Zinc/Silver play and dewatering a mine to actually produce.  Has additional exploration potential.  Could be a solid double (using a baseball analogy).

6. Columbus Silver - CSC.V - Another Silver Explorer going back to historical "brown mine" with historical resources.  Thing is, only a small percentage of the property was explored and they have historical of 16 million oz of silver equivalent and another 45km of veins to drill.  Santa Fe was going to acquire CSC but I don't know what is going on with that but provided that is resolved, just the properties themselves are supposed to justify the market cap.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:20
Steampunked
Steampunked's picture
Hat Tips: 267

KiniK wrote:

3. Pele Mountain Resources - GEM.V - Uranium/Rare Earth Element play.  I love market fundamentals of both Uranium and Rare Earths.  Going back to historical uranium mine, all infrastructure on place already, has recently found heavy Rare Earths (the more rare type).  Drilling to expand resources.

I bought into the Rare Earth rally at the end of last year (GWG.V) but sold way to early. I also own a Uranium Miner (FIS:CN) who isn't doing very well at the moment.  So thanks to my pesky emotions I'd find it hard to invest in either at the moment! However, I think there will be enough demand and supply reasons that the rare earths will continue to rise in the future (we need it for all those bombs we're dropping on folks and for iPad 2's so people can play Angry Birds in a sightly higher resolution).

There is a small gold company I have on my "to investigate list" called Tyhee Gold. Anyone own this or has considered it?

Tom L
Tom L's picture
Hat Tips: 6766
Pele Mountain

I've got a small amount of Pele Mountain.  Wanted Uranium exposure and didn't want to pay a premium.  I'll add to my position as funds permit.

I have a larger position in Samex, SMXMF,  due to their lack of debt-based financing.  Bought a bunch at $0.18 and $0.25.  Sitting on a nice LT cap. gain now.  The latest drill report was very positive.  Shoveled small trading profits into it over the last couple of years.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres

KiniK
KiniK's picture
Hat Tips: 418
Need to Post a

Need to Post a corrections.

It is OREX that shares management with Orko Silver.  Oremex is great stock IMHO but it is OREX that is on my shortlist.

Sorry for the confusion.  Too many mines to track!

steepdrop
steepdrop's picture
Hat Tips: 209
Here is a real GEM :  SEM /

Here is a real GEM :  SEM / STEUF  .11 cents

http://www.steugenemining.ca/StEugene/PDF/SEM_Presentation_May_2011_v2.pdf

Big Rocks
Big Rocks's picture
Hat Tips: 511
smashing

KiniK good call on Smash.  up like 10% today when everything else is down. I own it too. I posted an analysts review here: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/3817#comment-3817.

I guess I better check out your other picks.

thanks

loriewil
loriewil's picture
Hat Tips: 277
Get in on the "Secret" world of Warrants

If you really want to get the maximum bang from your invested dollars seriously consider investing in the long-term warrants offered by 19 gold and silver producers and juniors. They are usually 45% to 65% less expensive than the associated stock and usually appreciate by 50% to 100% more than the associated stock in any major move upwards. That's what warrants are all about - leverage.

I have written many articles on commodity-related long-term warrants (I seem to be the only one doing so) over the past 7/8  years and developed 2 proprietary indexes - the Gold and Silver Warrants index (GSWI) and the broader Commodity-related Company Warrants Index (CCWI). You can get all the details here:

1. The “Secret” World of Gold & Silver Company Warrants http://www.munknee.com/2011/05/the-secret-world-of-gold-silver-company-warrants/

2. Gold & Silver Warrants Index (GSWI) Update  http://www.munknee.com/2011/06/gold-silver-warrants-index-gswi-update/

3. Buying Gold & Silver Company Warrants is Easy & Profitable – Here’s How (and Why!)  http://www.munknee.com/2011/06/buying-gold-silver-company-warrants-is-easy-profitable-%e2%80%93-here%e2%80%99s-how-and-why/

Enjoy and profit.

FogHorn LegHorn
FogHorn LegHorn's picture
Hat Tips: 919
loriwil welcpme aboard!!

I'm a warrant guy.Us gold,brigus,kinross,slw,argonaut gold,franco nevada,torex,Agnico eagle etc.Gold corp expired,painfull story there stopped trading at noon on expiry date Who knew?Big loss another lesson learned the hard way. CANADIAN WARRANTS web site is a good source of info for inquisitive warrant wanabuys.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What's Your Junior Exploration Microcap Buy List?"