Early KY derby

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, Mar 23, 2015 - 10:29pm
Anonymous

Early KY derby

Ok first I'd like to start by saying last years winner California chrome is racing in Dubai on the meydan track for 10million USD. He's the favorite along with another American horse named lea. CC is the chalk or fav... Not the best field I'd even seen. On the other hand shared belief who was not in the derby and was brutalized in breeders cup and still managed 4th and whooped Cali chrome should be going in the wood. He's the most exciting horse I've seen in ages. He's a little guy too and is 10wins from 11 starts. His majority owner is Jim Rome from sport talk fame. I'm sure these two along with Bayern will meet again this year. Now for the derby. 4 of the top 20 most likely started are out with injury. Not as many as previous years. American pharaoh is virtually tied with dortmond. Both are trained bob Baffert and have very differt styles. Dortmund is huge and he seems to be still growing. He weighs about 1300lbs that's a lotta weigh on ankles. I'm not sold on American Pharaoh cuz he was in easy and he came off an injury. But a win is win. Dortmond was in tuffer and he's showed versatility running from off the pace this past he ran. Also El Kabier ran a monster of a race but a lot of questions still about him. I'm in the air about this Daredevil a brilliant 2yr old last year who took a serious bounce at the end of the year. His first start back he barely was in a canter for second. He should have wiped out the field. Was it by design or is he not fit? I dunno yet but I'm not ready to chuck him yet. Pletcher as usual has a whole barnful. One goes down and he has 2 more who can step in. At this rate he will start 7 which is insane. And I'll touch on them a lit later. But have no doubt there are others who will be coming into form. One way or the other it's a very competitive year and should be an exciting race.

Mon, Mar 23, 2015 - 10:51pm
Marblesonac

When do Horses get entered?

The Derby is May 2nd, when do horses usually get entered?

If you had to bet on a horse, which one will you lay your money on?

Do you drink mint julips on Derby day?

Please keep us updated on this topic.

Tue, Mar 24, 2015 - 2:32am (Reply to #2)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Mar 24, 2015 - 9:54pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Mar 25, 2015 - 12:26am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Mar 25, 2015 - 12:46am
Marblesonac

God, Belle

I hope I run into you when that ice cracker is handyheart

Wed, Apr 1, 2015 - 5:52am (Reply to #6)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Apr 2, 2015 - 3:57pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Apr 2, 2015 - 4:00pm (Reply to #6)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Apr 4, 2015 - 1:53am
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

A little Name Fun

IBRunnin

TailOnFire

NoQEforMe

Blackcoffeejolt

Chemtrailkiller

LivesToRide

LivesToWin

RuffsGoldDaddyPuff

SweetSweetGoldenDream

NoDollarGimmeGold

(Nipper) SweetDevilIncarnate or GivesTheDevilHisDue

BreatheMyDust

NimbleFootedNemesis

ItsJustMyTail

flyinkel
Sat, Apr 4, 2015 - 2:55am (Reply to #10)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Apr 4, 2015 - 7:29am (Reply to #11)
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Even better

FollowMyTail. I think yours are great too, especially Point Blank for some reason. My favorite was NoQEforMe.

I woke up having a ball making up horse names for some reason (in my dream), was still half out of it but had some amazing names, which then escaped me once I was fully awake. Isn't that weird? Maybe it should be Weirdress!

Ladies? Got Dem Breedin Hips, Need For Seed, FAB Fertile Filly, Doing The Testtube Tango, Hatching Gold, Stallion Star Seed, Pillow Talk, Stomping In The Stall, Roan Of Arc (play on words for Joan of Arc), Gimme The Goods, Stamina Sting, PutInTheSeed (could then be shortened to "Putin" for everyday use, Big Net And Yahoo (could then be called Netanyahu).

Have a great day.

flyinkel
Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 7:54pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Apr 7, 2015 - 11:56pm
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Ruff

Apparently I have been written out of FJ's blog for saying "Trust must be earned", a truism I have always found. You can demand courtesy and respect and get deference, but trust is something that accumulates over time.

So history has been re-written in the blog, Flyinkel was never there, like much of history always is; truth is often an uncomfortable bedfellow until many see and experience the same things at which time it becomes OK for a group to believe a certain way. So history becomes "his story", but it often isn't an accurate account of what actually transpired.

I have been authentic and truthful in every single post, and I have no regrets other than to say yesterday I did write you a fairly long possibility to explore regarding your brother and would like to know that at least you got a chance to see it. It talked about hugging the dogs. Did you see it?

You have a big heart, it was already talking to you, I just wanted to help you to actually hear it, find your truth and act from there. All the best.

P.S. In no way am I asking you to somehow choose sides, it just doesn't matter. We will all meet our maker some day and much will be revealed, I can wait. Curiosity just wants to know whether writing you was a totally wasted endeavor. Have a great day.

flyinkel
Wed, Apr 8, 2015 - 10:11pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Apr 8, 2015 - 10:13pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 12:05am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 1:05am
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

"Filler" Re: Dust-up @ EQ

After reading Flyinkel's Comment #14 on this thread, I went back to Enquiring Minds in search of a little clarity. All I can tell you is that my final Comment there is still there. It is Comment #1554 on Pg 78. But several things I wrote previous to that are gone. So...I'm 1/2 welcome there, I guess...and Fly's response to my #1554 is 'Poof'..Gone.

One can go further back on that Thread (EQ) and still find some Flyinkel contributions to the Saga of Nick and January, so maybe Fly is only 1/2 written-out on that blog (?). But he (if memory serves correctly) is certainly a 'ghost' from Pg 78 forward. And this is not me desiring to know anything more about what happened but, rather, me desiring to help Ruffian 'fill in some blanks' regarding the 'implosion'.

Personally, I admit a bias on Flyinkel's behalf because I tend to treasure the names of those who have helped me along the way, whether it was their intent to be of assistance, or not. It's kind of hard to explain. But I really enjoyed the writing we were doing in Les Halles...and I miss the inspiration Fly brought to me, and the encouragement I found interacting with him.

This is no disparagement of FJ, either. But my heart doesn't inform me beforehand how it will distinguish between men, or why it will find love here and not there. And Flyinkel, just like I Run Bartertown, will always own a very special niche in my heart because, though they knew it not, they helped me when I was in deep need of a 'helper'.

It's funny how these things go; how one man sharpens another, like iron sharpens iron. And it's funny how one man says, "Huh? This ain't no big deal."..and the other man says, "Brother, this is HUGE! Thank you..Thank you..Thank you!!"

'Nuff said. Be well, Ruffian. It is always a delight to hear what you have to say!

Dale

P.S...How's that for a Kentucky Derby thread!?

P.S.x2...I ASS-U-ME Flyinkel is a 'he'!! lol

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 5:33am (Reply to #17)
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Ruff and Just Dale

There was no "brush up". I wrote that one line "Trust has to be earned" and "poof" I was gone; it was the first new line I wrote in days on EQ. I wasn't angry at being "disappeared", but I do think it's a "slippery slope" where, in a rather Orwellian moment, the past is rewritten as if it was original and authentic, and it isn't.

We do have some very bad people calling the shots right now in a shadow government, the same ones that allow false flags, arrest innocents, and attack other countries for invented reasons. One of the key items is to turn "good guy" against "good guy" so "bad guy" can just stand back, laugh, and watch the implosion.

If you look back at FJ posts he states he was in Russia multiple times, and the desert for quite some time. This is usually govt, govt contractor, diplomat or some variation thereof. When you start to speak agency personnel it gets murky, most are stove piped in their knowledge intentionally so that the capture of one doesn't sacrifice the whole lot. The same folks that are willing to lie to make up false flags are also now doing this on our own soil to citizen patriots, created dossiers, invented "facts". These folks talk amongst themselves but often have no real measure of what is true and what is not, only what is written that they see--the official version. (my example of the helicopters I wrote for Ruff where they were protagonists would be written up so as to say they were hunting a hot lead on a criminal, and presto you just became a criminal worthy of being hunted) So I don't know FJ's background but it is apparent to me that "crusader for truth" meets "crusader for truth" and one is now in control of the thread and disappears the one that is not. I would not have done that to him, or to any other person for that matter, but I am not him. Nor would I have edited anyone else's comments, it's part of an open and honest communication issue to me.

We are all souls evolving, sometimes we will be conflicted souls evolving, no-one is perfect, not even FJ. Of course I am :) ... Not! So off we go trying to do the best we can for humanity, to get folks to live in peace, not war, some sense of integrity and truth to it all. It is wasted energy to assume what you think a man knows, I don't have a clue. I do think he has helped many and I do hope that he manifests in this life, his good intentions that he puts out there. He does seem to be a good guy.

Best advice I can give, sit quietly within your heart and listen. What makes you feel good? What makes your heart sing, your face smile, what raises your energy level, what makes your day? Do more of that, it's usually a good thing! Just Dale, I am glad I could be of help, that is awesome, you are a gifted writer and I truly hope you continue...as should you Ruff. I want you to feel free to write on any thread you want, there is no "woe is me", I will just move on living life with gusto elsewhere. Sometimes, you just have to cut a few strings and not look back. All the best.

flyinkel
Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 6:37am (Reply to #19)
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Flyinkel: May I just say...

....that I haven't been posting much at all on any of the Forums lately. I think my last post on EQ was dated 3/15 and, like I said, it is still there. But it certainly is peculiar (some might say Orwellian) that several of my additions to the "Saga of Nick & J" are now gone. Strange...strange...strange.

I saw your post re: Trust is earned...and I didn't give it a 2nd thought. I DID refer back to FJ's post you wrote "in response to", and it still seemed fairly innocuous to me. Certainly, nothing untruthful or worthy of a great kerfuffle. I thought that the big brouhaha was ALL about S Rex flaming GC @ DOTS + EQ. Also, I never detected any 'woe is me' from you, but it's still difficult to imagine why you were 'disappeared' & why I was partially moderated/censured. Oh well, like you say, sometimes ya' just have to cut some strings and move on along.

And DOTS, to my way of thinking, has certainly turned into something 'other' than what it once was. Call it what you will (progress, evolution, DOTS 2.0), several people who once were 'regulars' have left...apparently for good. To me, that is just, plain sad. And, I don't think any of this crap is accidental!

Soooo...in general, I have been moving away from the Forums @ TFMR because the vibe (to me) has become quite strange, a bit creepy, and a tad unsettling. But that's just me. And the 'Markets' and 'Charts' stuff is way over my head, anyway.

I get what you just said, too. I value what you have to say. I wish you well.

Dale

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 10:13pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Doc and TF Partnership Advertisement

Recent Comments

by Green Lantern, 2 hours 24 min ago