Early KY derby

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, Mar 23, 2015 - 10:29pm
Anonymous

Early KY derby

Ok first I'd like to start by saying last years winner California chrome is racing in Dubai on the meydan track for 10million USD. He's the favorite along with another American horse named lea. CC is the chalk or fav... Not the best field I'd even seen. On the other hand shared belief who was not in the derby and was brutalized in breeders cup and still managed 4th and whooped Cali chrome should be going in the wood. He's the most exciting horse I've seen in ages. He's a little guy too and is 10wins from 11 starts. His majority owner is Jim Rome from sport talk fame. I'm sure these two along with Bayern will meet again this year. Now for the derby. 4 of the top 20 most likely started are out with injury. Not as many as previous years. American pharaoh is virtually tied with dortmond. Both are trained bob Baffert and have very differt styles. Dortmund is huge and he seems to be still growing. He weighs about 1300lbs that's a lotta weigh on ankles. I'm not sold on American Pharaoh cuz he was in easy and he came off an injury. But a win is win. Dortmond was in tuffer and he's showed versatility running from off the pace this past he ran. Also El Kabier ran a monster of a race but a lot of questions still about him. I'm in the air about this Daredevil a brilliant 2yr old last year who took a serious bounce at the end of the year. His first start back he barely was in a canter for second. He should have wiped out the field. Was it by design or is he not fit? I dunno yet but I'm not ready to chuck him yet. Pletcher as usual has a whole barnful. One goes down and he has 2 more who can step in. At this rate he will start 7 which is insane. And I'll touch on them a lit later. But have no doubt there are others who will be coming into form. One way or the other it's a very competitive year and should be an exciting race.