States look to Internet taxes to close budget gaps

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
States look to Internet taxes to close budget gaps

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43455124

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:07

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

DogFood
DogFood's picture
Hat Tips: 27
Re:

There is no ethical justification for states to tax internet sales other than "because we think we can".

If they want to fix the problem of "fairness" for Main Street then the solution is simple; abolish the traditional sales tax.

jlee2027
jlee2027's picture
Hat Tips: 1286
Anything but cutting spending

The states are broke. But they will limp along until the Feds cut off the life support.  I cannot imagine what a 50-75% instant drop in their revenues will do to them.

Oh, wait yes I can. I think I'll throw a party!

erewenguy
erewenguy's picture
Hat Tips: 3648
The states figure that this

The states figure that this is money they are entitled to, that we have been shortchanging them. Let the little people cut back their spending so that the largesse of the state can continue.

caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
masses work, pay taxes, fund

masses work, pay taxes, fund gov't.  At this rate, eventually, everyone will work to subsist & pay the gov't.  It's like any other business, although with pretty much ultimate power, attempting to save a dying business model.  On the other hand, most successful operators would've cut costs, streamlined and reduced debt levels to manageable levels.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "States look to Internet taxes to close budget gaps "