Bad situation

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
Bad situation

I'm in a bad situation here...  My travel trailer is having water damage issues.  It was a mistake to buy this trailer.  I'm afraid the only way I could get out of it is to trade it in and sell all my silver in order to buy a travel trailer that is in better condition.  ALL of it...  I need advice, please.

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Hat Tips: 2663
I'm assuming it is a roof

I'm assuming it is a roof leak. If the trailer is in good enough condition you should repair it with mastic, silicon or a metal patch and sealer.

SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
More complicated than that

It is a hybrid with a foldout bed on the front wall.  It leaks there, too.  And now, there's mold in the storage compartment.

Bongo Jim
Bongo Jim's picture
Hat Tips: 2118
Hit the mold

with bleach in a spray bottle. Wear a face mask, respirator & gloves. What doesn't come off/dissolve, let dry and paint over with "KILLS" paint - 2 or 3 coats until it's not visible. Seal up all seams (roof and wall), around windows, vents and bolt/screws inside and out with silicone sealant. You're going to have to take some stuff apart to get to some areas. Lots of work, but it's cheaper than a new one.

Rainforest
Rainforest's picture
Hat Tips: 302
Snow Seal

Had an older Gem trailer that was leaking badly in the 90's. after an application of Snow Seal she was good as new. still water tight to this day. much easier to use than silicone because it can be applied with roller or brush and it flows into seams, imperfections, etc.

http://www.amesresearch.com/_snowseal.html

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Hat Tips: 2663
I'm glad you provided a link

I'm glad you provided a link as the Snow Seal I relate too is for winter boots and gloves.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Bad situation"