Dr. Jerome's Comment Corner

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Dec 21, 2014 - 3:27pm
-
Hiding in the lava tubes northwest of Flagstaff

What's Up???

Good to hear from you Silverwood. I should haunt this side more often. Not sure exactly where that pic was taken. We went to Red Rock State park for the afternoon. I think the "upper" road out of that park back into West Sedona provides that view. Stayed at Ye Olde Bell Rock Inn and had a very nice time.

Yes, a nice long sideways run would do many things--as you say, reducing mining output and showing a very strong base of support. Not to mention bringing whatever china and Russia have planned closer to us.

I have stayed in this long. Another few quarters of sideways action will just give me more time to stack.

Sat, Jan 17, 2015 - 6:25pm
ag1969

Dr. J Re: The other 1%

After reading your latest I wanted to share something with you that I read in a piece GL sent over to me:

That which is broken can not be fixed

That which is real can not be broken

Focus on what is real

And the rest will fade away.

Something else that really helps with stress is magnesium. Most Americans are magnesium deficient. Epsom salt baths or get some of this, it works:

https://www.vitacost.com/natural-vitality-natural-calm-raspberry-lemon

Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in your body, a necessary co-factor for hundreds of enzymes, and the most critical mineral of all for coping with stress. Stress-related diseases which run rampant through modern society, like heart attacks and high blood pressure, are often accompanied by magnesium deficiency. Unfortunately, most Americans consume diets that fail to meet the government's RDA for magnesium, and magnesium intake is even lower than average among people who develop heart disease.

The best food sources of magnesium are vegetables like buckwheat (kasha), mature lima beans, navy beans, kidney beans, green beans, soy beans (including tofu), blackeyed peas, broccoli, spinach, Swiss chard, oats, whole barley, millet, bananas, blackberries, dates, dried figs, mangoes, watermelon, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazel nuts, shrimp, and tuna.

When you are chronically stressed, you can become magnesium deficient even if you eat these foods regularly. The complex relationship between magnesium and stress explains why many of the patients I see require magnesium supplements, because even a nutritious diet does not correct their magnesium deficiency.

If you are like most people, when you are exposed to the stress of contin-uous loud noise, for example, you become irrita-ble, easily fatigued and lose concentration. Your blood pressure may increase as the level of adrenalin, a stress hormone, in-creases in your blood. Under conditions of mental or physical stress, magnesium is released from your blood cells and goes into the blood plasma, from where it is excreted into the urine. Chronic stress depletes your body of magnesium. The more stressed you are, the greater the loss of magnesium. The lower your magnesium level to begin with, the more reactive to stress you become and the higher your level of adrenalin in stressful situations. Higher adrenalin causes greater loss of magnesium from cells. Administering magnesium as a nutritional supplement breaks this vicious cycle by raising blood magnesium levels and buffering the response to stress, building your resistance.

https://www.healthy.net/Health/Essay/Magnesium_The_Stress_Reliever/74

All the best to you and yours Doc!

Bt the way, I did not recommend soy, the doctor that wrote it did. Stay away from soy!!!!! More than 90% of soybeans are genetically modified. The only thing that will kill you quicker than stress is Round-up.

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 11:50am
vonburpenstein

Dr jerome...

....what great wisdom and insight...there is always more to what we think about. I was just thinking about the need for some heirloom seeds a couple of days ago....seems like I might want to think a little more about what the hell to do with them and how going forward. ..thank you for making me think. ...

Signed, Vonburp

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 5:47pm
foggyroad

Doc

Thank you, I enjoy you posts so much.

You are a T-ville Treasure.

Cheers,

foggy

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 8:20pm
sierra skier
-
ID

What a wonderful post Doc.

I haven't really started with the garden yet but we have raspberries and apple, pear, plumb and cherry trees. The rewards are great and enhanced with a blueberry farm just down the street where we do a you pick-um and stock the freezer for berries all winter. I also picked Morel mushrooms a couple of weeks ago from a fresh burn from last year, what treat they are.

Keep up the great work.

Sun, May 22, 2016 - 4:35pm
sierra skier
-
ID

This is for Fred Hayek

You asked about a farm in N. California that has production amounts many times the norm through solid farming practices and I believe this is what you spoke about. What I found interesting is that I just found a link to this farm a couple of hours ago and here it is brought up again.

https://www.peakprosperity.com/podcast/92727/paul-elizabeth-kaiser-sustainable-farming-20

If someone could notify Fred about the link and/or maybe post it on the home page post by Dr J, I would be grateful,,, thanks.

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 - 5:07am
ChanelleBreitenberg

Re: Good

Nice one

randomness