Prove Rickards Wrong...

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
Prove Rickards Wrong...

Jim Rickards claims the next bubble pop, or liquidity crisis, will not be contained by the Fed themselves, but the IMF. He states that the 1914 England under stress passed the currency baton to US as we were neutral for the most part during WW1. I guess you could say there was a dual reserve currency for some time until Bretton Woods from '44 onward. That lasted through 1971. "King Dollar" from the 80's and 90's. 

So Rickards claims there was always someone to pickup the mess.

Fast forward to 1998 there was a hedge fund collapse of Long Term Management. Rickards claims Wall Street bailed out that hedge fund to avert collapse.

In 2008, it wasn't a hedge fund collapsing, it was Wall Street. The Fed bailed them out.

But now the Fed has all the liabilities, who's gonna bail out the Fed? He says each crisis (financial) gets bigger than the one before. The only one left is the IMF which can print SDR's. It won't be used in our daily lives, but an inter-central bank currency so to speak.

Regardless, it will be inflationary. I'm curious as to your thoughts.

thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
I can't edit? After I made

I can't edit? After I made this post I realized that someone can't "prove" something wrong in the future. So forgive me literary agents, but you get the idea. Just looking for compelling arguments from what Rickards has to say.

pailin
pailin's picture
Hat Tips: 15419
The simplest criticism of

The simplest criticism of Jim's prediction is that the SDR may not be universally respected in the same way the dollar and previously gold and silver have been. IMF/BIS/World Bank are all Western contrivances. So too their "products" the dollar and SDR. Rickards is a One World Government dude (prick), so if you're of the opinion that won't work out as planned, if you think the East may not have much use for the West (as peers)...that's the rub right there.

Me? I'll take the cheap shot at Rickards everytime and say, I can't even look at his domed-pate without busting out laughing...as he takes himself oh-so-very seriously spewing forth CIA war games name-dropping bs. As if anybody in the real (unemployed and slowly starving) world even cares :)

Question Jim: Where were you on 9/11? Hmmm...?

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 40225
1) By somebody who is a

1) By somebody who is a member of Turdville and an upstanding member of the financial world, his latest book is apparently more than 1/2 plagiarized from GATA documents.  Since I've not read the source documents or his latest book, I can't confirm by own experience. DYODD.  Tthere was another book called Currency Wars written by a Chinese guy that was written before Rickards version of  currency wars and it's eerily similar.

2) He was pumping when it was going down.

3) He wouldn't answer questions directly about manipulation. Now changed his tune.

4)What Palin said about SDR salesman. I am of the believe that the world is not run by one homogenous group of pricks and that everybody just goes along with the idea.  If that's true, all the BRICKS vs IMF and everything else anti-western is just fiction. 

5) Alan Greenspan is looking for a new fed run by the treasury backed by gold.  The kind of gold standard gold bugs should be really worried about.

6) Fed knows exactly is going on.  It knows cycles, end dates and what happens when you inflate the money supply. They read history too.   It knows that it's lifespan is not another century.  There is a plan in place.   They won't need to be bailed out because they are bailing out themselves in ways that are little discussed.

I defended Rickards early on on TF.  1.) He was right about many of the geopolitical and financial stories like Greece, while most everyone else was wrong.  2.) It's not right defaming a man's character unless you put out the information, make a good case that listening to him will hurt you.  While there was the element that said Rickards is in the wrong camp, they never took the diligence to show their case.  So I defend character assassination just on principle.  But in this case, I do believe by the preponderance of evidence, be very cautious of this man's advice and his read on the future.

If you are reading along Tabberto, you made your case.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Take it for what's it's

Take it for what's it's worth.  I trust very few news sources including alternative media  http://www.hangthebankers.com/establishment-shill-jim-rickards-covers-for-the-bankers-911-insider-trading-crimes/

pailin
pailin's picture
Green Lantern wrote:4)What

Green Lantern wrote:

4)What Palin said about SDR salesman. I am of the believe that the world is not run by one homogenous group of pricks and that everybody just goes along with the idea.  If that's true, all the BRICKS vs IMF and everything else anti-western is just fiction.

I'm missing you on this one. Are you believer of one group or more than one (of pricks that is :) ?

Personally never trusted Rickards once I became aware of his LTCM connection. Zero evidence, but I don't believe he was their lead counsel and fingers weren't dirty. Just a birds of a feather sort of thing. Perhaps unfair, but I steer all away from him. One thing I've noticed is in Jim's world, nobody knows more than Jim. Nobody is more connected. Nobody has more insight, is more betterer (bestest?)...blahblahblah. That sort of hubris, while common in metals commentators (it seems?)...makes me run in the other direction. Every time. Add LTCM in and...icing, pure icing.

One more on LTCM, one should never forget that their position that supposedly blew them up (or at least greatly aided) was being...massively short gold. Dunno why that sort of position is always such a tease for the paperpushers, but it sure is. The real truth of that 'situation' probably won't be fully revealed for another fifty years. But when it is, I'm sure the details will be quite interesting. (I won't care, I'll be croaked by then :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Many groups of

Many groups of pricks.

Here's an example.   http://redefininggod.com/2014/09/mainstream-globalist-propaganda-reveals-eastwest-conflict-is-a-farce/  I don't buy into it's all orchestrated meme.  The article suggests the entire east/west conflict is contrived.  All central banks including the BRICS, central banks are all under the scrutiny of the Bank of International Settlement and the entire east/west conflict and fight against dollar hegemony/establishment of the BRICS, war against Petrodollar, trade agreements to settle in the Yuan, is all theater and part of a plan.

There are plenty of rivaling factions in the world looking for their own piece of the pie.   Rocks vs Roths.   Banksters and politicians cozy up when it's of mutual benefit but they'll try to ruin each other when their own interests are threatened.  I think the Rocks and Roths are in heat of battle now.

Everytime there is some huge geopolitical event, the "it's all orchestrated crowd" see's what they want to see.  However, there is a HUGE difference between following a gigantic well-oiled plan, and adjusting each crisis of the moment to the goal, and using movements as crises of opportunity to further that goal. This is the point that the "it's all orchestrated" people don't get, and hence, they are entirely passive before all events. And that means they can drastically mis-analyze events.

There are truly countries in the world that won't like the SDR any more than they like US Dollar Hegemony.  Alot I can't explain, like this http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/27/us-ukraine-bailout-idUSBRE9BQ09F20131227 or why so many countries even belong and accept IMF/BIS dictates.  Superior military might of the West might be partially the reason but hasn't stopped ARgentina from giving the IMF and US the finger on many occaisions.   Maybe it's like the Rockefellers United Nations.   You might not like the game, but unless you are at the table, you have no say.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
The real truth of that

The real truth of that 'situation' probably won't be fully revealed for another fifty years.

That's another good point.  According to this Elliot Wave book I'm reading it could take a 100 years if we look at how long it took the British Empire to loose it's role as world power.

pailin
pailin's picture
Green Lantern wrote:There

Green Lantern wrote:

There are plenty of rivaling factions in the world looking for their own piece of the pie.   Rocks vs Roths.   Banksters and politicians cozy up when it's of mutual benefit but they'll try to ruin each other when their own interests are threatened.  I think the Rocks and Roths are in heat of battle now.

That's the great thing about free markets, even in monopoly situations the free market (competitors) will emerge at the edges, eventually overtake and prevail. Works same with despots :)

Monserrat
Monserrat's picture
Hat Tips: 325
Obviously most countries

Obviously most countries won't jump at the SDR's but countries are not currently controlling their Central Banks. And the world is so full of prickish thinkers why differentiate? To think that transitional plans do not exist given current economic strata does not take into account the transitional plan of the 70's. 40 years later is a long time to plan for fiat eventualities.
Given that Rickards is a structuralist and Bretton Woods and the IMF are components of the economic structure his thoughts might reveal a potential front-running blueprint for eventualities not only anticipated but actively encouraged.

As long as the Central Banks of the world are operating in conjunction with the IMF and Bretton Woods a coordinated plan is possible---  Given that the US is actively encouraging regional currency zones -- according to Russian economist Mikhail Khazin--(reflected in the BRICS) it becomes apparent that this "plan" for SDR's could occur.  Here is Khazin's view of the BRICS:

"The BRICS, moreover is a pretty artificial phenomemon, dreamt up by Goldman Sachs, the famous investment bank for purely commercial reasons. (In fact to issue new securities onto the market). From our side the BRICS countries look like the leaders of regional economic zones (Brazil and South Africa in one (‘Southern’). Russia (‘Eurasian’), China with its own Chinese and India with its own national zone, given its huge population. It looks likely that the Indian zone will most closely follow the Eurasian Zone. In these zones co-oporation will increase as will the attempts of the United States to solve their internal problems by forcing other countries to pay their debts, using the institutions and frameworks set up under the Bretton Woods which established the dollar as the sole reserve currency. These efforts of the United States are only likely to speed up the process of regional integration."

Khazin (who is very close to Putin) in this Q&A does not understand why our elites are encouraging regional currency zones describing it as " cutting off the branch while sitting on it" but when his view is coupled with Rickards it becomes clearer and possible that Central Bank elites may be planning currency zones so --going one step further into SDR's is not a stretch as long as all Central Banks continue to operate above political control.    The US would still control much of the transitional structure.  How long?  Who knows.  
In this interview below Khazin also addresses Jim Willie and gold and the Eurozone.  Worth the read.

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/2014/11/mikhail-khazin-q-with-saker-community.html?m=1

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Monserrat wrote:Obviously

Monserrat wrote:
Obviously most countries won't jump at the SDR's but countries are not currently controlling their Central Banks. And the world is so full of prickish thinkers why differentiate? To think that transitional plans do not exist given current economic strata does not take into account the transitional plan of the 70's.

Indeed transitional plans exist. They are all over the place.   One only need to head over to the article repository over at the IMF site or any number of articles written by Ivy tower economic/banker types such as Khazin.  Heck, a US citizen only need to head over to the US post office and send a package oversea's where one must declare the SDR value of his goods.  Have had to do it many times.   I play dumb ask the government worker behind the window, what the heck is an SDR?  They shake their head and tell me just estimate the value.  It's only if it gets lost.  Ok. 

What you need to look for as much or more than the written documents out there by economists who are selling a plan are signs of fissures between those who run the show, and those who are no longer happy that the banksters will help fulfill their agenda's (ie the politicians).

Much of this has already been talked about here TF.  The Templars were once the bankers but when they got too big for their britches King Philip of France went after and destroyed the bankers.  We are seeing signs of the same thing happening.  Look at the gold repatriation memes especially France, and while it might be speculation look at what happened to a long list of bankers suddenly dropping, and Rockefellers being taken out.  

Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men Often Go Astray.

pailin
pailin's picture
I'll go along with that -

I'll go along with that - bankers and politicians work together as long as both are benefiting. When that uneasy alliance starts to fail...? Power struggle. Bankers are top down problem-solvers (gag) and politicians bottom-up (gag gag).  And the SDR roll-up is very much a banker solution, benefiting (again) issuers not promisers (politicians). As takers continue to exceed makers, the promisers have more "pressure to perform" than ever before. Meaning issuers (SDR) back down or...probably...war. Rickards' happy world just seems rather unlikely.

TaurusCanis
TaurusCanis's picture
Hat Tips: 20
Anyone...

foolish enough to brag about being an advisor to the CIA to pump their own image and book....   isn't worth another 30 seconds of my attention.

Anyone who sends me his crap promos, gets a removal request post haste... and that has been about 20 sites in the last three - four weeks.

TaurusCanis
TaurusCanis's picture
Hat Tips: 20
Anyone...

foolish enough to brag about being an advisor to the CIA to pump their own image and book....   isn't worth another 30 seconds of my attention.

Anyone who sends me his crap promos, gets a removal request post haste... and that has been about 20 sites in the last three - four weeks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Prove Rickards Wrong..."