51 posts / 0 new
Last post
foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Hat Tips: 6187
Jesus is standing at the Door

Open the Door and Sup with Him.

What's on the menu?

Spiritual Rebirth, Jesus Christ indwelling your Heart.

A personal relationship with God Almighty.

Praise the Lord.

Regenerated Man

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

excerpt..

"What Does It Mean To Be Born Again?"

"This term “born again” first appears in the Bible in John chapter three...

preacher-invert.gif“There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again” (John 3:1-7).

An unsaved man once said to me, “That born again stuff makes no sense to me.” Perhaps you feel the same. There are “How To Be Saved” articles all over the internet (and I am thankful for them all), but many people want a complete explanation of what it means to be “born-again.” Why do we need to be born again? What does it mean? That is my purpose in this article, that is, to explain this great Biblical doctrine in layman's terms. Please give me a moment and I will make it as plain as you've ever heard. Most people have religion, but very few people have ever been Biblically born-again. Unless you are born again, you absolutely cannot go to Heaven (John 3:5).

Simply put, to be “born again” means to have He (Jesus) Who is the beginning born in you. In Revelation 1:8 Jesus said, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, respectively. Man by birth is spiritually dead, which I will explain further in a moment. To be born-again is a miracle of God, by which Jesus Christ comes into your body to live, literally in the form of the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9, “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” "

Regenerated Man

The biblical Rebirth can only be accomplished through a sincere, humbled heart fully surrendering itself to Christ.

A priceless free Gift.

Once done, a regeneration takes place, a marvelous transformation, the inflow of God's Holy Spirit will take your breath away.

Through Prayer and Study of God's Word, the bible, with new eyes, new ears, and a Spirit led heart the Holy scriptures come alive.

Really.

Chapter and verse take on amazing qualities, the words impress upon you new full meaning.

Meditation on various scripture allows God's voice to become clear and distinct, the Word becomes a living thing.

God communicates by placing specific scriptures into your study, to teach and enlighten your new walk with Him.

Pray to God for insight on your questions, and turn to the bible for His answers.

With diligent prayer and study revelation becomes more frequent, amazing insight into your own heart, as well as God's Heart.

Spiritual growth will continue until His voice will become very recognizable within your heart.

God's will and voice becomes impressed upon your heart, you start to slowly come to emulate Jesus' Personality, itself a mirror of God's personality.

The Holy Spirit resides within you, when you listen to it a measure of fullness is felt, if you go against it a real noticeable diminishment of Spirit is felt.

Prayer with contrition will result in a refilling or a top up of the Holy Spirit, a reclamation of the nearness of God.

A simply beautiful sensation.

Prayer and Study build an inner awareness of the power of the Living God present within your new regenerated being.

This indwelling of Christ within, is attainable to anyone regardless of Church attendance or affiliation.

Your church cannot save you, only you can do this.

Pray to Jesus, stay in your church, ask of the Lord and receive Him within.

He will answer all sincere hearts who call upon Him.

God wants to save you, Yes you, all you have to do is ask, and never walk alone again.

God Bless.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Imagine

Jesus, standing outside your front door.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Rev. 3:20

If you clear your mind, put all the troubles of the world away, think only about the words written above, think about God and try to picture Heaven.

If you listen carefully, you will hear His voice, open the door to your heart, let His light shine on your face, feel His warmth and kindness.

Feel His pure love, don't be afraid to let Him in, He knows you are not perfect, and may have some work to do to feel clean and presentable to such a King.

You are not alone, everyone has work to do, He knows that, He sees your heart, He will help purify you, wash you white as snow though your sins are scarlet.

All you have to do is call upon His Name, Jesus Christ, ask Him in, He'll do the rest.

​**

Praise Jesus, King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

Salvation unto Everlasting Life is yours simply for the asking.

Glory and Honour to Our Merciful Father in Heaven.

What Kindness, What Love.

Forgiveness for the asking, Praise His most Graceful loving Heart.

Blessed Father, Thank You

Amen.

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13700
King Of Kings- Lord Of Lords- The Alpha And The Omega

Isa 9:6-For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Archived 'Socks'

I don't advise archiving your old socks, but for some there may still be some value poking around in the dusty old vaults.

For those who may miss my old 'Socks' thread it may be accessed here.

Click Link below.

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/4508/socks-and-underware-and-other-gifts-kindness

​Cheers,

foggy

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Heaven described in chapter 21

I posted Fox's Book of Martyrs as a resource and also to point out that Saint John, was boiled in oil and did not die, and so was sent away in exile to the Island of Patmos, to my knowledge Saint John was the only Apostle not killed and martyred.

God protected John, so he could write down the things Jesus Revealed to his Angel, for John to witness and record in the book of Revelation.

http://www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/fox102.htm

FOX'S BOOK OF MARTYRS

Excerpt..

CHAPTER II

The Ten Primitive Persecutions

The First Persecution, Under Nero, A.D. 67

"The first persecution of the Church took place in the year 67, under Nero, the sixth emperor of Rome. This monarch reigned for the space of five years, with tolerable credit to himself, but then gave way to the greatest extravagancy of temper, and to the most atrocious barbarities. Among other diabolical whims, he ordered that the city of Rome should be set on fire, which order was executed by his officers, guards, and servants. While the imperial city was in flames, he went up to the tower of Macaenas, played upon his harp, sung the song of the burning of Troy, and openly declared that 'he wished the ruin of all things before his death.' Besides the noble pile, called the Circus, many other palaces and houses were consumed; several thousands perished in the flames, were smothered in the smoke, or buried beneath the ruins."

foggy writes;

Nero so selfish, because He was bored and melancholy burned Rome, and played the violin wallowing in himself.

What a sickening personage.

Excerpt..

"To their names may be added, Erastus, chamberlain of Corinth; Aristarchus, the Macedonian, and Trophimus, an Ephesians, converted by St. Paul, and fellow-laborer with him, Joseph, commonly called Barsabas, and Ananias, bishop of Damascus; each of the Seventy."

The Second Persecution, Under Domitian, A.D. 81

The emperor Domitian, who was naturally inclined to cruelty, first slew his brother, and then raised the second persecution against the Christians. In his rage he put to death some of the Roman senators, some through malice; and others to confiscate their estates. He then commanded all the lineage of David be put to death."

"Among the numerous martyrs that suffered during this persecution was Simeon, bishop of Jerusalem, who was crucified; and St. John, who was boiled in oil, and afterward banished to Patmos." Flavia, the daughter of a Roman senator, was likewise banished to Pontus; and a law was made, "That no Christian, once brought before the tribunal, should be exempted from punishment without renouncing his religion."

"A variety of fabricated tales were, during this reign, composed in order to injure the Christians. Such was the infatuation of the pagans, that, if famine, pestilence, or earthquakes afflicted any of the Roman provinces, it was laid upon the Christians. These persecutions among the Christians increased the number of informers and many, for the sake of gain, swore away the lives of the innocent.

Another hardship was, that, when any Christians were brought before the magistrates, a test oath was proposed, when, if they refused to take it, death was pronounced against them; and if they confessed themselves Christians, the sentence was the same.

The following were the most remarkable among the numerous martyrs who suffered during this persecution."

foggy writes;

This below excerpt regarding Dionysius is relevant imho, to todays revelations about Blood Moons and Sun Eclipses.

Dionysius, the Areopagite, was an Athenian by birth, and educated in all the useful and ornamental literature of Greece. He then travelled to Egypt to study astronomy, and made very particular observations on the great and supernatural eclipse, which happened at the time of our Savior's crucifixion.

"The sanctity of his conversation and the purity of his manners recommended him so strongly to the Christians in general, that he was appointed bishop of Athens.

Nicodemus, a benevolent Christian of some distinction, suffered at Rome during the rage of Domitian's persecution.

Protasius and Gervasius were martyred at Milan."

"St. John, who was boiled in oil, and afterward banished to Patmos."

foggy writes;

The Book of Revelation was given to Saint John ( his servant John) when John was in exile on the Island of Patmos

​**

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV)

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

foggy writes;

You have received a Blessing from God for reading this book, Praise the Lord. 

The verse three, bolded in chapter one, bestows it upon the reader, Amen.

Revelation chapter 21

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation Chapter 21  kjv

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
End - Time Pilgrim

Gavin Finley is a medical Doctor, and an excellent Bible Teacher.

A really Wonderful Resource, for New or Mature Christians, or Seekers of Truth.

God Bless.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/

"Together we are forming a network of websites to effectively serve the Body of Christ and to provide them with some good information as they make their pilgrimage in these historic times."

The EndTimePilgrim website

"A scripturally based devotional guide 
into the 70th Week of Daniel and the 
climactic final 7 years of this age."

Gavin and Mary Finley. 

A BRIEF
PERSONAL   BIO

ausflag1.jpg
By Gavin Finley

EARLY PILGRIMAGE

I am an Australian evangelical Christian of pre-millennialist persuasion. I grew up and received my schooling back and forth from Australia, Canada, and the USA. My salvation came at the age of 14 at a Bible Camp organized by men from Highlands Community Church in Renton, Washington near Seattle. It was one of the Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America. Pastor Wallace Wilson and a wonderful circle of friends at the church were all a great influence in our lives. We still keep in touch with some of our friends there 40 years later.

I returned to Australia in 1965 and studied at Trinity Grammar School and Balwyn High School in Melbourne. My studies then took me on to the University of Melbourne Medical School on a Commonwealth Scholarship. I graduated in Medicine in 1973. During those years our family was part of the East Kew Baptist Church in Melbourne. I was also a member of the Evangelical Union at Melbourne Uni.

It was during the early 70's when I was in medical school that my pilgrimage took me into the Holy Spirit renewal. This revival had come across to Melbourne from New Zealand. A dental student friend, Judy Brabham, invited me to a Tuesday night meeting held in an Anglican Church. It was called Melbourne Outreach Crusade. I had never seen anything like it. The movement gathered in many seeking hearts during those early days. God called out His people and filled them with His Presence in many wonderful ways. The Charismatic Renewal was a genuine move of God back in those days. Unfortunately the movement has subsequently been taken over by Mammon and seriously compromised. But back in the early 70's it was like spring rain falling on a dry and thirsty land. I saw many people wonderfully saved and blessed. These were exciting times. Many hard bitten evangelicals, grimly hanging onto their faith, as I myself was, found ourselves swept up into this Holy Spirit renewal. And it came just in time. In my case I had been on the verge of spiritual burnout. Suddenly we found ourselves in a serendipity, even an Emmaus experience. Somebody was walking alongside us. He brought us His encouragement and His cheer. He provided us with some fresh oil for our dim and flaring lamps. The Holy Spirit was present with us, recharging our flagging spirits. What a joy that was! Through it all I found myself infused with a new level of faith in Jesus Christ I had never experienced before. In spite of my many shortcomings and failures I found myself drawn into a deeper walk with God.

I had first met Mary when we were both 11. Our family had come down from Canada on a summer vacation. We had driven down into the deep south from Toronto, camping in state parks. We stayed with the Phillips family in Mobile, Alabama for a few days that summer. I had noticed Mary during our visit. Her dad was a family doctor in a town near Mobile, Alabama. He was interested in the Civil War and his hobby was digging up artifacts on old battlefields using a metal detector. This photo shows us all gathered around a cannon from that era. We were about to leave. Mary is the blond girl 4th from the right with the white blouse and blue shorts. The guy on the left looking in her direction is yours truly. At the time this photo was taken we were saying our good-byes. I would not see Mary again for another 16 years.

Our families had known each other from friendships dating back to the war years. Mary's dad, and his Marine Corps buddy had been in the 1st Marine Division at Guadalcanal during World War 2. They had come to Melbourne in Australia for 'rest and recreation leave'. The two marines had been more or less "adopted" by my mother's family. A lot of lasting trans-Pacific friendships had been made back in those days. That family tradition was destined to continue.

Mary and I found it increasingly difficult to forget one another. The following year I called her on the telephone from Australia. We were married a few weeks later in Mobile.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Prayer for Light

Arabs and Jews Unite to Proclaim Messiah's Return

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 |  David Lazarus

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/25575/Default.aspx

excerpt..

“We will keep preaching and teaching the Word of God until it changes the people of Israel,”declared one leading pastor. “We must be willing to suffer for the sake of the gospel and keep going no matter what happens. God will accomplish His will through the power of His word.”

"With tensions now raging in Jerusalem and across Israel, it was astonishing to witness firsthand the deep friendships between these Arabs and Jews. Even the cold-blooded murders in a Jerusalem synagogue that took place on the final day of the gathering could not separate these godly men and women from their warm fellowship in Messiah.

In fact, the cowardly acts of terror and violence still raging in Jerusalem only served to move them to stand even stronger together and compelled them to more boldly declare the life-giving Word of God to both Muslim and Jew.

A regular theme throughout the gathering was the need to understand God’s prophetic word concerning the Last Days.

Scriptures related to the Second Coming of Messiah were studied. There are many signs that we are living in the latter days, particularly the return of the Jewish people to their biblical land, and the leadership of the local congregations in Israel discussed the need to prepare God’s people for the Messiah’s soon return.

All agreed that time is short, and the peoples of this land, both Arab and Jew, must hear the Word of God now."

Praise Jesus.

Praise the Lord, and His Tender Mercies, His unbounded Grace, and Peace.

The Holy Spirit is upon these Children of God, Joel 2:28 is coming to pass imho.

" And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"

joel 2 : 28 kjv

Latter Rain?

I am seeing revelation increase among the Teachers I follow, verses of Scripture are being revealed to the Church, the Spirit is moving across the Earth opening eyes and ears, Praise the Most High, Praise our Lord Jesus, Grace and Blessings are being given in lovingkindness.

Hallelujah

To the Glory of God and His Holy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Blessed Holy Spirit spread your Power upon your Children.

Amen

(Repost from 'Thread of Faith' forum.)

Nice to hear from you, stackaloha, my prayers include all here, in the USA, Israel, M.E, Ukraine, World Wide.

I pray for the Lord to keep His own and to soften the hearts of the wayward.

To shine the Light of the World into dark stone hearts, to make eyes to see, ears to hear.

I pray the Holy Spirit moves over the Earth as He did over the waters in Genesis, in the Beginning, enlightening with brilliant Glory, the darkness within Men's Hearts.

Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 1:1-5

John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all menthrough him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jn 1:1-14

Genesis 1

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Gen 1:14-19

Malachi 4

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Ps 36:9

The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 

Ps 27:1

Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Ps 119:105 

Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, [but] we walk in darkness.

Isa 59:9 

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 

Jn 3:19

Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Jn 12:35 

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 Jn 1:5

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 8:12 

God I pray shine your Light and Glory upon the Hearts of All, let the Wayward See, and the Lost Hear.

Beloved Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done.

In Jesus name I pray, and praise.

Amen.

God Bless, Praise Jesus, the name above all others, holy and true, our Lord and Saviour, Son of the Living God, eternal Father.

Amen

I would also like to repost a section of the Pilgrim Church, page 235, that Brother Jim, posted following.

Praise the Lord.

What a blessing were George Fox's 'openings', George's wording for the Holy Spirit's revelations, George received.

Jim's post.

George Fox, as a child, “had a gravity and stayedness of mind and spirit not usual

in children," so that, he says, “when I saw old men behave lightly and

wantonly towards each other, I had a dislike thereof raised in my heart,

and said within myself, ‘If ever I come to be a man, surely I shall not

do so.’" When only eleven years old he saw that his words should be

few and that his “Yea" and “Nay" should be sufficient asseveration; also

that he should eat and drink, not wantonly, but for health, “using the

creatures in their service, as servants in their places, to the glory of Him

that created them." After a time in a business situation, at the age of

nineteen he felt a command of God to leave home, and for the next four

years travelled, returning home occasionally. During this time he was in

great spiritual conflict and distress, prayed and fasted and spent much

time in long solitary walks.

He also spoke with many, but was troubled as he found that profes-

sors of religion did not possess what they professed. At festivals, such

as Christmas, instead of joining in festivities, he would go from house

to house visiting poor widows and giving them money, of which he had

enough for himself and for the help of others. On his walks he had what

he called “openings" from the Lord. One day, approaching Coventry, he

was thinking of how it is said that all Christians are believers, whether

Protestants or Papists. “But," he considered, “a believer is one that is born

again, has passed from death unto life, otherwise he is no believer"; so

he saw that many who call themselves Christians or believers are not so.

Another time, one first-day morning, crossing a field, the Lord opened

to him “that being bred at Oxford or Cambridge was not enough to fit

and qualify men to be ministers of Christ". He was impressed by the

Scripture: “ye need not that any man teach you: but ... the ... anointing

teacheth you of all things" (1 John 2. 27), and used this to justify his not

going to church, but rather taking his Bible into the orchards and fields.

Again it was opened to him: “God, who made the world, did not

dwell in temples made with hands." This surprised him, because it was

usual to speak of the churches as “temples of God “, “dreadful places",

“holy ground", but now he saw that God’s people are His temple and that

He dwells in them. At the end of this time, finally leaving his home and

relations, he led a wandering life, taking a room in some town, staying

a few weeks, and then going on. He had given up seeking help from the

clergy and turned to the Dissenters, but neither could these speak to his

condition. Then he says: “When all my hopes in them and in all men,

were gone, so that I had nothing outwardly to help me nor could I tell

what to do; then, Oh! then I heard a voice which said, ‘There is one,

even Christ Jesus, that can speak to thy condition’; and when I heard it,

my heart did leap for joy."

Then he entered into peace, enjoyed fellowship with Christ, saw that

he had all things in Him who had done all, and in whom he believed.

He could not sufficiently praise God for His mercy. He was aware of

the Lord’s command to go abroad into the world, to turn people from

darkness to the light, and, he says, “I saw that Christ died for all men,

and was a propitiation for all; and enlightened all men and women with

His divine and saving life; and that none could be a true believer but

who believed in it...." and adds: “These things I did not see by the help

of man nor by the letter, though they are written in the letter, but I saw

them in the light of the Lord Jesus Christ, and by His immediate Spirit

and power, as did the holy men of God, by whom the Holy Scriptures

were written.

Yet I had no slight esteem of the Holy Scriptures, but they were very

precious to me, for I was in that Spirit by which they were given forth:

and what the Lord opened in me, I afterwards found was agreeable to

them." Many began to come together to hear him and some were con-

vinced, meetings of “the Friends" being begun in place after place.

Refusal to bear arms or take part in war was a principle with Fox; he

set aside all use of force and taught that all things were to be borne and

all forgiven, that no oath might be taken, and that all payment of tithes

was to be refused. 

NW VIEW

Beautiful Jim, God Bless You.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Just for Fun

If any feel so inclined, please, let's continue in the spirit of the original thread to find uplifting examples of light,  inspirational Pictures, small Stories, Tall tales, Grand prose, pretty Poetry, or just Silliness.

I love simple, and silly, somber or sad.

Words can carry little gifts, or great Truths, some smiles, some tears.

Express some, share some, hear some, read some, paint some.

Many Bards, and Masters have put pen to paper, and created great symphonies, or massive cacophonies of word landscapes and everything in between.

I am but a humble shoe cobbler, compared with these gifted wordsmiths, but they inspire me.

Snap shots, or great Portraits.

Whatever, you please.

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

Songs or Tales, bits of broken coloured glass, or bottle caps.

Bright glazed buttons, boulder marbles, empty thimbles and such.

Musings or Mumbles,

Memories, or Imaginings.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Our Lord has cast the Stars across the Heavens, filled the breeze with whispers of promise, the brooks with bubbling babble, the leaves of the trees with soul soothing songs.

We are Blessed, if only we would stop and listen, be still, breath in the boundless beauty.

The wonderworks of God's Loving hands, lift up your eyes to see what is there, what could be, what should be.

Imagine.

I will try and add some value here, reposting some of the Gems, from the old thread.

I wrote some things I liked.

Some shamelessly, I saved for posterity, other Posters fine work, gems and treasures, which, I will again shamelessly drag out of the dusty old vaults and deposit here as time allows.

Like the Crow's Nest, I found, after treacherous climb,

Way out the limb, tippy toed stood I,

One foot on bent bough, the other the sky, 

Tall Elm, stretched beneath, three score and ten,

Such height below, Playmates features grew dim,

With bounce and jump, my fingers did grasp,

The grand nest, it's vast treasures within,

Tossed below, to my Chum's great glee,

Descended down I, Majestic Elm tree,

Thatched twig and stick mingled with feathers and fluff,

Old egg shell, and dirt, but look more interesting stuff,

a watch band, a whistle, a bottle cap too,

a bauble, a button, a silver fork, a doll's shoe,

Precious treasures for crows, better even than toys,

Best for my Chums and I, of course, the Valiant Quest, the Castle walls breached, the Tower scaled, the Dragons defeated, by shining Knights, with clashing sword and bent bow, dispatched with skill and speed, possible only within the unbounded imagination, and sense of adventure in the minds and play of nine year old Boys.

What Joy can be had with a stick and an imagination.

The 'Gems', were shiny bits, stumbled across, while meandering the boot worn Boardwalks and narrow Alleys of Turdville, and Surrounds.

This is the first post from the old Sock's thread, page one.

God bless all who comment here. 

Pure and loving hearts, really do abound upon the earth, please share Your's here.

I thought I might attract some positive energy if a vessel was created to collect it.

A bulletin board for simple or profound, fluffy or considered, expressions of light and freshness.

Stories of an uplifting nature or poems, or humor, or silliness, anything really that brings a smile or a warmth to an otherwise troubled cold world. 

A gentle forum of blessings given and received.

Holy Scriptures, spiritual topics, welcome, if delivered in the spirit of respect and cordial discourse.

Manners please.

A happy place of inclusion, a place of ease to banter or inform with considerate and gentle demeanor.

I hope some will participate, and spread goodwill generously.

Thank You for reading, grab a lemonade and luxuriate in our fine hammocks, as the fragrant ocean breeze fills your senses.

This is a lovely Gem, please enjoy.

The Sandpiper by Robert Peterson

Posted by Magpie

She was six years old when I first met her on the beach near where I live.

I drive to this beach, a distance of three or four miles, whenever the world begins to close in on me.

She was building a sand castle or something and looked up, her eyes as blue as the sea.

"Hello," she said. I answered with a nod, not really in the mood to bother with a small child.

"I'm building," she said. "I see that. What is it?" I asked, not really caring.

"Oh, I don't know, I just like the feel of sand."

That sounds good, I thought, and slipped off my shoes.

A sandpiper glided by.

"That's a joy," the child said.

"It's a what?"

"It's a joy. My mama says sandpipers come to bring us joy."

The bird went gliding down the beach. Good-bye joy, I muttered to myself, hello pain, and turned to walk on. I was depressed, my life seemed completely out of balance.

"What's your name?" She wouldn't give up.

"Robert," I answered. "I'm Robert Peterson."

"Mine's Wendy... I'm six."

"Hi, Wendy."

She giggled. "You're funny," she said.

In spite of my gloom, I laughed too and walked on.

Her musical giggle followed me.

"Come again, Mr.. P," she called. "We'll have another happy day."

The next few days consisted of a group of unruly Boy Scouts, PTA meetings, and an ailing mother. The sun was shining one morning as I took my hands out of the dishwater. I need a sandpiper, I said to myself, gathering up my coat.

The ever-changing balm of the seashore awaited me.. The breeze was chilly but I strode along, trying to recapture the serenity I needed.

"Hello, Mr. P," she said. "Do you want to play?"

"What did you have in mind?" I asked, with a twinge of annoyance.

"I don't know. You say."

"How about charades?" I asked sarcastically.

The tinkling laughter burst forth again. "I don't know what that is."

"Then let's just walk."

Looking at her, I noticed the delicate fairness of her face.

"Where do you live?" I asked.

"Over there." She pointed toward a row of summer cottages.

Strange, I thought, in winter.

"Where do you go to school?"

"I don't go to school. Mommy says we're on vacation"

She chattered little girl talk as we strolled up the beach, but my mind was on other things. When I left for home, Wendy said it had been a happy day. Feeling surprisingly better, I smiled at her and agreed.

Three weeks later, I rushed to my beach in a state of near panic. I was in no mood to even greet Wendy. I thought I saw her mother on the porch and felt like demanding she keep her child at home.

"Look, if you don't mind," I said crossly when Wendy caught up with me, "I'd rather be alone today." She seemed unusually pale and out of breath.

"Why?" she asked.

I turned to her and shouted, "Because my mother died!" and thought, My God, why was I saying this to a little child?

"Oh," she said quietly, "then this is a bad day."

"Yes," I said, "and yesterday and the day before and -- oh, go away!"

"Did it hurt?" she inquired.

"Did what hurt?" I was exasperated with her, with myself.

"When she died?"

"Of course it hurt!" I snapped, misunderstanding, wrapped up in myself. I strode off.

A month or so after that, when I next went to the beach, she wasn't there. Feeling guilty, ashamed, and admitting to myself I missed her, I went up to the cottage after my walk and knocked at the door. A .drawn looking young woman with honey-colored hair opened the door.

"Hello," I said, "I'm Robert Peterson. I missed your little girl today and wondered where she was."

"Oh yes, Mr. Peterson, please come in. Wendy spoke of you so much. I'm afraid I allowed her to bother you. If she was a nuisance, please, accept my apologies."

"Not at all! she's a delightful child." I said, suddenly realizing that I meant what I had just said.

"Wendy died last week, Mr. Peterson. She had leukemia. Maybe she didn't tell you."

Struck dumb, I groped for a chair. I had to catch my breath.

"She loved this beach, so when she asked to come, we couldn't say no. She seemed so much better here and had a lot of what she called happy days. But the last few weeks, she declined rapidly..." Her voice faltered, "She left something for you, if only I can find it. Could you wait a moment while I look?"

I nodded stupidly, my mind racing for something to say to this lovely young woman. She handed me a smeared envelope with "MR. P" printed in bold childish letters.. Inside was a drawing in bright crayon hues -- a yellow beach, a blue sea, and a brown bird. Underneath was carefully printed:

A SANDPIPER TO BRING YOU JOY.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and a heart that had almost forgotten to love opened wide. I took Wendy's mother in my arms. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I uttered over and over, and we wept together. The precious little picture is framed now and hangs in my study. Six words -- one for each year of her life -- that speak to me of harmony, courage, and undemanding love.

A gift from a child with sea blue eyes and hair the color of sand -- who taught me the gift of love.

NOTE: This is a true story sent out by Robert Peterson. It happened over 20 years ago and the incident changed his life forever. It serves as a reminder to all of us that we need to take time to enjoy living and life and each other. The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.

Life is so complicated, the hustle and bustle of everyday traumas can make us lose focus about what is truly important or what is only a momentary setback or crisis..

This week, be sure to give your loved ones an extra hug, and by all means, take a moment... even if it is only ten seconds, to stop and smell the roses.

This comes from someone's heart, and is read by many and now I share it with you..

May God Bless everyone who receives this! There are NO coincidences!

Everything that happens to us happens for a reason.

Never brush aside anyone as insignificant. Who knows what they can teach us?

I wish for you, a sandpiper.

Thank You, Sister Magpie;

God Bless You.

Love foggy

"And he will have subjects from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the Earth." (Psalms 72:8)

"After these things I saw and Look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, and there were palm branches in their hands."            -( Rev7:9)

"Likewise let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens". -( Mat. 5:16)

"Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."-(Mat. 6:20,21)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:27

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Hat Tips: 1218
A Poem

This is a link to Rudyard Kipling's "The Gods of the Copybook Headings".

http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_copybook.htm

Years ago, in order to teach reading and writing, 'we' used what was called a Copybook.  A proverb or a wise saying of some sort was found at the top of the page, and the student would learn by way of copying what he/she saw written there.

The gist of the poem is (I think) forgetting wisdom, and repeating history. 

And here's a song to go with it:

Thanks for the platform, Foggy.

Nana
Nana's picture
Happy Birthday Jesus

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
I though this was Beautiful, worth a repost;

Psalm 46:10

Submitted by Dr. P. Metals on January 17, 2015 - 1:40pm.

Hat Tip!

"Be still, and know that I am God"

followed by Philippians 4:6-7

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Works for me every time.

Edit: I wanted to add why Psalm 46:10 says what it says.

God does not grow tired. He does not need a day off. He does not call in sick. He does not need a vacation. He does not get weary. He does not give up. He does not "wish He could". He does not "hope it may". He does not need to rest. He is not surprised. He does not need to sleep. He sees all. He is omniscient. He is omnipresent. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He knows all. He is not surprised. He is not ignored. He is not mocked. He doesn't have to learn more. He doesn't have to wait to see what will happen. He doesn't depend on mere man for His will to be done. He doesn't lie. He doesn't omit truth. He doesn't tell half-truths. He is just. He is loving. He is merciful. He will judge all. He is who He always was. He is who He is today. He is what He is for all eternity. He doesn't change His mind.  He doesn't change His promises. He is not overcome. He will prevail. He has always been, is now, and always will be. S0, if you are one of His, be still, and rest in Him, and know that He is God. If you do not yet know Him, it would be a good day to start.

Thank You, DP.

Thirst Slaking Words.

God Bless.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Humble Revelation

​Praise the Lord.

Nothing is unseen to Him.

Nothing is too difficult, nothing is impossible for Almighty God.

All will be revealed, He sees all and knows all, our inner most thoughts, our hearts are open books to Him.

Every deed, every thought is known, all light all darkness, He knows us better than we know ourselves.

He knows the number of the hairs on each of our heads, He knows when each sparrow that falls from the sky.

If He loves each sparrow, how much more does He love and care for you little children?

He knows the number of stars in the heavens and has names for them all.

He knows every tear, every sigh, every broken heart.

He cares and loves each and everyone of us, He want you to love Him as He loves you.

He is the Father of Lights, He will disperse all darkness and fear, if only you would turn your face toward Him.

The Light of the World, Jesus is shining our Father's Glory into all dark places, into dark hearts as well as light.

Praise the Lord.

Heavenly Father,

I pray some cold stone hearts will thaw, and melt, the warmth, the love of beloved Jesus, the Truth, the Glory bursting through the pride, loosening the stiffened necks and hardened hearts filling them with His pure Love.

I pray these hearts will see, and turn from darkness to you Father of Light, yielding in humility to Jesus, the Path, the Truth and the Way. 

Father turn these ones from evil unto Light, to Jesus our Lord, the Blessed Redeemer, to life Eternal.

Draw them from the edge of the abyss into Your loving Forgiveness,Your boundless Mercy unto Life and Salvation.

Salvation promised even to the most ardent sinners, none need perish without His Love, just bow the knee and ask Him to enter in, open the door to your heart and receive God's Peace and Grace.

He stands without and knocks, please open the door, He will do all the refining and cleansing, nothing is impossible for God.  

You can be Saved, nothing you have done cannot be forgiven through the power of God.

Life eternal within the loving family of God can be yours simply by asking.

Saved, washed, clothed in the clean white raiment of salvation, sprinkled in the precious Blood of the Lamb.

Glory to our Heavenly Father, all praise to Him, the Father of Glory.

Hallelujah. ​

His little ones, His lambs, are standing in the gap, one falls, another is raised up, His will be done.

Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

The Spirit of Truth, is moving in the hearts of His little ones to do mighty works, not of their power but of His.

We decrease, so He shall increase in us, Praise be to the Most High.

He is perfected in our weakness, the meek shall inherit the Earth, be kind to one another, love each other little lambs.

Raise up each other in loving kindness, comfort and encourage your Brothers and Sisters not to fear, or be troubled by the Truth being revealed.

God is in control, turn to Him, rejoice in the nearness of God, for our King draws nigh, Praise Jesus.

Blessings and Thanksgiving be unto to You forever and ever beloved Father in Heaven.

Hallelujah Father,

sanctify Your Name,

Father Most High,

Abba Father,

we pray in Jesus Name.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Who pulls the Strings

Derek Prince speaks the Truth.

"For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,

That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, [and] the sceptre of the rulers.

He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, [and] none hindereth.

The whole earth is at rest, [and] is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, [and] the cedars of Lebanon, [saying], Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet [thee] at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, [even] all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, [and] the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

[That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners?

All the kings of the nations, [even] all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, [and as] the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, [and] slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, [so] shall it stand:

That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

This [is] the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this [is] the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul [it]? and his hand [is] stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.

Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit [shall be] a fiery flying serpent.

And the firstborn of the poor shall feed, and the needy shall lie down in safety: and I will kill thy root with famine, and he shall slay thy remnant.

Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina, [art] dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none [shall be] alone in his appointed times.

What shall [one] then answer the messengers of the nation? That the LORD hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it."

Isa 14:1-32 KJV

​**

God Bless You, my Loving Brothers and Sisters in the Lord.

Praise be to the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Jesus the Christ

Amen

Job 41

Almighty God speaking with Job;

"Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?

Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft [words] unto thee?

Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?

Wilt thou play with him as [with] a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?

Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.

Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not [one] be cast down even at the sight of him?

None [is so] fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?

Who hath prevented me, that I should repay [him? whatsoever is] under the whole heaven is mine.

I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

Who can discover the face of his garment? [or] who can come [to him] with his double bridle?

Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth [are] terrible round about.

[His] scales [are his] pride, shut up together [as with] a close seal.

One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes [are] like the eyelids of the morning.

Out of his mouth go burning lamps, [and] sparks of fire leap out.

Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as [out] of a seething pot or caldron.

His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.

His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether [millstone].

When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.

He esteemeth iron as straw, [and] brass as rotten wood.

The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.

Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

Sharp stones [are] under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.

He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

He maketh a path to shine after him; [one] would think the deep [to be] hoary.

Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. 34 He beholdeth all high [things]: he [is] a king over all the children of pride."

Job 41:1-34 KJV

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Hallelujah,

Glory to the Most High

​Blessed Father, grant all here with Your abundant Joy, and unsurpassed Peace.

With Love we thank you beloved Father for Derek Prince, now with You, in Your Glory.

Praise the Lord.

Bless you A.L

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
william cooper

William Cooper predicted 911.

William Cooper was shot to death on his front lawn, may He Rest in Peace.

William Cooper was a Truth Teller, in this six part video series you will learn a lot of truth about the world we live in imho.

This is is part one of six posted here below click play arrow to watch here, then follow to YT for parts 2-6 by clicking link at the bottom.

Thank You,

Friends,

GBY

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20E0F8EA7D752BB1

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Nana thank you

Nana posted this video, I watched it and recommend it to all Brothers and Sisters.

It is very well done.

God Bless.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Awaken

This Lady speaks to my heart,

may God Bless her.

I think He already has :0)

The United Nations was set up to bring about the One world government, the one world religion.

Real Christians will have to be removed, as they will not accept a one world religion without Jesus Christ, as Jesus warned us in the Bible.

Brothers and Sisters watch, We are told to watch in the Bible, it is time to watch now, imho.

Angie's youtube channel link below.

God bless you, Angie, You and Your's

your Brother in Christ,

foggy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/eSaidMyName

Nana
Nana's picture
foggyroad

You are most kindly welcome.

We have to reach out to anyone who will listen while there is still time.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Face Like The Sun

http://www.facelikethesun.com/

For those who have not seen the first documentary see here;

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Dr. Chuck Missler

http://www.khouse.org/articles/1993/32/

Seven Mysterious Letters

By Dr. Chuck Missler

The Book of Revelation

Revelation is the only book in the Bible that promises a special blessing to the reader.1 (Many passages tell us to read the Bible in general terms. Only one book has the audacity to say, in effect, Read me; I'm special.)

Early in my teens, I encountered a Bible teacher who heralded that The Book of Revelation is written in code; but every code is explained somewhere else in the Bible.

That really caught my attention. And that discovery changed my entire life.

The Seven Letters

Ask any Bible student how many epistles (letters) are in the New Testament. He will probably answer 21 : 13 authored by Paul, plus Hebrews, which appears anonymous;2 and the seven "general epistles" by Peter, James, John, and Jude.

We usually overlook the seven most important letters: the seven authored by Jesus personally. For many reasons, these seven letters, comprising Chapters 2 and 3 of the Book of Revelation, are probably the most important part of this book for you and me.

Why These Seven?

There were many other churches at that time that would seem to be more historically significant than the seven that Jesus addressed: the churches at Jerusalem, Rome, Galatia, Corinth, Antioch, Colossae, Iconium, Lystra, Derbe, Miletus, to name a few. Why did Jesus select just these seven Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea?

Four Levels of Meaning

There appear to be at least four levels of application to these letters:

1. Local: These were actual, historic churches, with valid needs. Archaeological discoveries have confirmed this.
  2. Admonitory: In each of the letters there appears the key phrase, "Hear what the Spirit says to the churches". Note the plural, churches. It turns out that each of the letters applies to all churches throughout history. As we understand the sevenfold internal structure, the uniquely tailored messages, and the specific admonitions in each of the letters, we discover that any church can be "mapped" in terms of these seven composite profiles.
  3. Homiletic: Each of the letters also contains the phrase, "He that hath an ear let him hear..." Doesn't each of us "have an ear"? Each letter applies to each of us. There are some elements of each of these seven "churches" in each of us. Thus, this may be the most practical application of the entire Book of Revelation.
  4. Prophetic: The most amazing discovery, however, of these seven letters is their apparent prophetic application. These letters describe, with remarkable precision, the unfolding of all subsequent church history.

These letters describe, with remarkable precision, the unfolding of all subsequent church history. If these letters were in any other order, this would not be true!

These letters appear to fill the interval between the 69th and 70th "weeks" of Daniel 9. The Book of Acts covers about 30 years; these two chapters of the Book of Revelation cover the next 1,900 years.

Seven Key Elements

A key aspect to understanding the letters is to grasp the structure of their design. A careful examination of the letters reveals seven key elements in their design:

1. The meaning of the name of the church being addressed (see below);
  2. The title of Jesus, each chosen relevant to the message to that particular church;
  3. The commendation of things that have been done well;
  4. The "criticism" of things that need attention;
  5. The exhortation, specific to the condition of the particular church;
  6. The promise to the "overcomer" included with each letter;
  7. The key phrase, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches."

The Meaning of Names

Epheses:The Desired OneSmyrna:Myrrh; DeathPergamos:Mixed MarriageThyatira:SemiramisSardis:RemnantPhiladelphia:Brotherly LoveLaodicea:People Rule

It is also interesting that this key phrase in element 7 is the final element in the last four letters, but appears before the "Promise to the Overcomer" (element 6) in the first three, leaving the promises as a kind of post script after the body of the letters themselves. This design suggests that the first three letters and the last four may share some particular characteristic. [It is also interesting that only the last four letters include explicit references to our Lord's Second Coming.]

The Missing Elements

Once the basic structure is evident, one also notices that two of the letters, Smyrna and Philadelphia, have no Criticism, Element 4. That's encouraging for them.

Also, two of the letter, Sardis and Laodicea, have no Commendation, Element 5. That's rather grim.

The Prophetic View

If these seven letters really do include a preview of all church history, then where are we now? Are we, indeed, in the period suggested by the letter to Laodicea?

Judge for yourself.

Other Parallels

Also, is there an intended parallel between these seven letters of Jesus Christ and His seven "Kingdom Parables" of Matthew 13?

An what about Paul's letters? It is interesting that Paul signed 13 epistles; but 3 of these had "duplicate" addressees: Corinthians, Thessalonians, and Timothy. That is 13 - 3 = 10 addressees.

But three addressees were individuals: Titus, Timothy, and Philemon. 10 - 3 = 7. Paul wrote seven churches.

Is there a possible parallel between the seven churches Paul wrote to and the seven that Jesus addressed in Revelation 2 & 3?

A detailed study of these seven letters exceeds the scope of this brief glimpse. These remarks have been included to stimulate you to take a closer look at these two chapters and conduct your own careful analysis.

In addition to the practical insights from the letters, you will also see another of the many examples demonstrating the evidence of careful design: the Bible consists of 66 books, written by 40 authors over thousands of years--and yet bears the clear evidence of supernatural engineering.

This article was originally published in the
July 1993 Personal Update News Journal.

For a FREE 1-Year Subscription, click here.

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Hat Tips: 1218
Thanks, Foggy...

Correction + Comfort!      yes

Always in need of Both!     heart

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
The Book of Revelation Chapter One

Circa 96 AD*

Chapter One

1"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

The Apostle John was the only Apostle not martyred, to death, excluding (Judas of course), He was however boiled in oil which He miraculously survived, refusing to recant His testimony, He was exiled to the Isle of Patmos, a penal colony.

His Gospel and his Epistles expound the Loving nature of God the Father, and Jesus the Christ, best imho, each of the four Gospels have a distinct flavour, and John's is Love, again my opinion.

4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever."

"Amen."

Here we see another side of Jesus Christ, the first Advent was Jesus the spotless Lamb of God, here is His return, not as the Lamb, but as the 'Lion of Judah', to bring Judgement upon the Nations and Peoples.

We see these words,"eyes were as a flame of fire", "and feet like unto fine brass",

fire and brass are idioms for righteous Judgement and Justice, we will all be called to account for our actions, and what our hearts contain.

7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so,

Amen."

8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus' Divinity is proven by the above verse, the Almighty.

9 "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

We are to remain in the 'patience of  Jesus Christ', until His return.

Praise the Lord!

John's Vision

10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last;

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

This verse again must be seen as an identifier, "he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive evermore", obviously this is Jesus, yet also God Almighty.

Jesus Divinity unveiled in verse 8, confirmed in verse 18,

Hallelujah.

19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches."

KJV

Much Love,

God Bless,

One and All,

foggy.

*approximately

Next post Chapter Two, the Letters to the Churches.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Jesus is standing at the Door"