So..... how should money be created?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
nixy
nixy's picture
Hat Tips: 309
So..... how should money be created?

We, most, here know that money creation is a fundamental market manipulation...... or is it? Therefore, it's effects have to be manipulated?..... ie Forex, Liebor, Au Ag etc.

Surely money (honest money) is simply a record of account?  So manipulation is an interference of that record?

Just want to understand how an honest system of money record keeping will work in practice.

How much money should there be in the / a system?

What would be wrong with a gold standard ...... or some sort of fixed commodity (?) standard.

A lot of questions marks here, sorry, but so much here discusses the effects on PMs but I hope some will address the cause(s)..... money creation.

NB......There are plans here in UK to 'teach' kids about finance.... but I doubt they will be told / educated they are expected to repay a debt created from nothing.

nixy
nixy's picture
Hat Tips: 309
What!?! A seemingly unlimited

What!?!

A seemingly unlimited number of complaints about price manipulation..... but not a single idea / suggestion to remedy the root cause? ....... the bankers will be pleased..... laughing all the way to the...erm.....bank?

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
Hat Tips: 13797
Nixy Check this out

http://www.silverdoctors.com/silvers-long-lost-monetary-role-lets-make-some-real-money/#more-48504 

DollarMenu2
DollarMenu2's picture
Hat Tips: 668
no expert here...

Not an expert, but I seem to have read that a bi-metal system is better than a singular metal.

It's easier for democratic/popular control of the prices.

When gold seems high, sell it for silver.

If silver is high, sell it for gold.

Supposedly helps limit bankster skullduggery.

Not sure of the dynamics of  life under such a system, in my youth, we had only silver and paper.

Watched the silver drain out of the system over several years.

Gresham's Law in action.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "So..... how should money be created?"