Alternative Medicine

1759 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 - 6:30pm sierra skier
Oskar

shingles, chicken pox, vaccines

The incredible thing is that if they just let children get chickenpox you have a life-long immunity to the virus which also causes shingles. Now we have adults who have never gotten chicken pox and so have no natural immunity. Also, the natural immunity may wear off but it is strengthened every time you as adult are exposed to a child with chickenpox. Which is no longer happening. So everyone gets the vaccine for chickenpox and now there is are enormous outbreaks of shingles among adults. In addition to adults getting chickenpox as adults because they never had it as children, and it is far, far worse as an adult.

It just does not make any sense. It just doesn't. That, for me, is the first reason why I started questioning what they want us to do here, a long time back. It doesn't add up.

If you think about it, what makes sense is the idea that how things are naturally will be stronger, more stable, more anti-fragile, than what we can come up with ourselves, our man-made interventions to defeat nature.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 - 7:02pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Chicken Pox Party

When I came home with the Chicken Pox my mom called the local neighbors and threw a party for all of the youngsters to create exposure for all in the neighborhood so we could get over bringing the disease back around.

I thought we had to have the Chicken Pox as kids and still have the virus dormant in our system to get Shingles. Perhaps I have this incorrect.

Getting the Chicken Pox as an adult can be very severe.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 - 10:13pm sierra skier
Oskar

It appears you are correct

It appears you are correct about that (Shingles and Chicken Pox) -- at least I couldn't find anything to the contrary after a few minutes of searching. However, both vaccine books I looked in just now indicate that the natural immunity is life-long whereas the immunity from the vaccine weakens over time (Sears: The Vaccine Book and Neustaedter: The Vaccine Guide.) So it still doesn't make sense to me. And apparently we don't know what's caused the rise in Shingles in recent years.

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 - 5:03pm
NW VIEW

Collinsonia Root

My alternative health care person, who saved my life 25 years ago, told me about this root. There are many who take it.

<<<<<<<<<

http://store.newwayherbs.com/collinsonia-root-aka-stone-root-collinsonia...

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sun, Feb 16, 2020 - 6:46pm
NW VIEW

Agarikom

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 - 8:41am
silver66

lowering A1C and reversing type 2

NW View

How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally

everyone I know that has followed his advice has lost weight and had a reduction in their A1C and BP

silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 - 10:31am silver66
NW VIEW

silver66

The wife and i watched the tape. It was great. I think the fasting is a clue to going forward. Thanks for your input. Jim

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 8:18am
sierra skier
-
ID

Follow up Lab work

Last July I did my annual wellness check visit and the lab work showed high cholesterol and elevated sugars. I spent the last 6 months adjusting my diet, reducing my sweets, adding vegetables and a couple of supplements. My sugars fell back into the normal ranges and my cholesterol was the big winner with a 50 point drop. My A1c is also well within the healthy ranges.

My primary care provider was ecstatic along with myself. This test brought the elevated numbers back in line with the normal ranges. Last summer she mentioned that I might be developing insulin resistance and that got my attention big time.

On another note, Rodney's Paste has been doing wonderful things. I have shared the product with several friends with nothing but good reports of the paste helping greatly with many different kinds pain management. One case brought relief in 20-30 minutes that lasts for 4-6 hours. My son and daughter have not reported back, but my son wants to 'monitor' his discomfort without using the product. My wife has shoulder pain from a worn out shoulder/rotator cuff and finds relief from an evening application after a warm soak that lasts through the next day.

Another buddy had a serious skiing wreck with a destroyed humorous ball and chipped ankle bone, I gave him a sample to use and am waiting for his report. So far everyone I have shared Rodney's paste with has had good reports and pleasing results of better comfort for varied issues. I continue to be impressed with the results from cannabis usage.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 9:05am sierra skier
NW VIEW

Rodney Paste

We also have been using the product, daily. Our alternative health care person is also using it. I am working on changes that will also help my a1c and will check it in 6 months.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 10:35am
sierra skier
-
ID

Changes

Besides reducing greatly my affinity for sweets and 'white ' which I believe helped a bunch, I have been using a tablespoon or so of Apple Cider vinegar daily and I believe that is a major help. I also added black seed oil as well. My lab work numbers are now all in normal ranges now and I just need to keep it this way. The bottom line is with a little discipline we can keep our quality of life quite good if we commit to our health. Best of luck with your attempt in managing your health also.
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 6:33pm NW VIEW
sierra skier
-
ID

a1c

My a1c was very good at this last test. My previous test last summer did not break down my sugars or cholesterol which we did on this most recent lab work.

When she said she might consider me borderline insulin resistant she caught my attention big time. The last thing I want is becoming dependent on all of the pharmaceuticals they would put me on to manage something I should be able to manage through diet and exercise.

My tests were about 7 months apart.

After several decades of Budweiser 12 packs every day and a pack a day cigarette habit for 25 years I do feel quite fortunate that my health has remained so solid. My two melanomas and recent basal cell carcinoma have been my biggest issues with health. Now if only I could keep my injuries from sports down I might live to be 100. Something I would only wish for if my quality of life is to remain top notch.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 6:51pm
NW VIEW

Sierra Skier

I will check my a1c in 6 months. I must have my higher number from too many pizzas. Have not smoked, drank beer or what ever, walk often, lost about 30 pounds over the last few years, quit drinking pop and orange juice, along with never placing sugar on anything. I am taking these new natural supplements and I think this will work along with trying ACV> Jim

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 8:48pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Long Term

I quit smoking primarily in 1993 and quit beer in 1999 for 5 years then settled for my current beer a day. I think my primary issue was my wife's triple fudge with extra milk chocolate chips brownies,,,,,, yummm. The portions kept growing and I kinda knew I was tickling the tail of the sugar dragon. I have always had a decent diet without sodas or sugar drinks and rarely touch fast food except pizza which is kinda different.

I think you will do fine because you know the drill, have the desire for good health and the will power to obtain and maintain it for a great quality of life. It isn't easy, but it isn't difficult if you want it.

ACV?

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 8:34pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Could Ai have found a new Antibiotic?

Op-Ed: AI ‘Halicin’ molecular antibiotics major MIT success

Op-Ed: AI ‘Halicin’ molecular antibiotics major MIT success

Listen | Print

By Paul Wallis 14 hours ago in Technology

Boston - Research by MIT has applied AI to antibiotics, and it’s speaking volumes about this line of attack. A new AI-based project has found low-toxicity molecular antibiotics that kill some of the world’s worst bacteria.

Tests indicate that the new antibiotic, (called “Halicin” after Hal the computer in 2001 A Space Odyssey) killed even MRSA bacteria resistant to all known antibiotics. Even more impressively, Halicin was originally developed as a diabetes treatment, so it wasn’t really on the radar as an antibiotic. The MIT AI predicted the effect of the antibiotic, which disrupts mitochondrial function in pathogens, effectively depriving them of energy. (Mitochondria are cell “batteries”, which power cellular functions.) Halicin even cleared up a particularly nasty infection called A. baumanni, which has been infecting troops in Afghanistan. A topical application of ointment containing Halicin eliminated the infection in 24 hours. (An ointment???!!! Wow. That’s an achievement. From major problem to “smear some of this on you” is no minor effort.) Some diseases of this type are truly pernicious, able to last for years after initial infection. The anti-mitochondrial approach may well be a good broad-spectrum approach to treating infections. Low toxicity adds excellent value when treating at-risk patients who may have compromised immune systems or other serious conditions reducing their ability to recover. These conditions make infections so much more dangerous. A general “kill the bugs anywhere anytime” capability could be an excellent all-round asset for patient management and recovery. AI proves its point This is an indicator of the inherent values of AI and machine learning in a whole new context. This high-value research can now be done in days, not years. AI can process and assess hundreds of millions of compounds quickly. Medical research is the classic Big Data environment. It’s tough. There’s so much data generated. That vast weight of information, with a certain irony, makes it hard to access and use the data. It’s very difficult to get the full benefits of it by the old methods, simply due to the need to organise and process vast ranges of disparate data. Antibiotics have been effectively stalled for years and fighting antibiotic-resistant diseases has been a pretty thankless task. The sheer scale and range of the problem, with multiple potentially serious diseases emerging, has been working against researchers. AI research allows for much more intensive analysis of possible compounds. More to the point – The logic is different, too. Machine learning clearly isn’t just learning by rote. This is a very significant departure from simply developing similar drugs. Halicin is a very different type of drug, unlike other antibiotics. The AI obviously wasn’t looking at classes or types of drug, but functional options. The mitochondrial line of attack is deadly and could have many more ramifications in treating whole classes of diseases which have that mitochondrial vulnerability. One way or another – This research has made so many points. It’s found an incredibly useful antibiotic, opened up a whole new method of managing some very dangerous conditions and truly horrible pathologies. If Halicin is all it seems to be, AI has pretty much just paid for itself with this work alone. Let’s see what else it can do. This really is the future of artificial intelligence, and it’s looking good.

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 - 9:13am
NW VIEW

needing your input

I have been ill for a few weeks. I finally went to the hospital last night.. I have late stage liver spleen cancer. If you have any advise to an alternative treatment, please write. I may be a short times on this forum . Jim

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 - 9:26am
sierra skier
-
ID

Hyperberic Oxygen Treatment

Wow Jim this comes as a shock. I ill do some research also for you though you are far ahead of understanding these things than I.

Our prayers for you and yours for the best possible results. Keep the faith.

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 - 9:34am sierra skier
NW VIEW

SS, it is written:

It rains on the just and the unjust alike. That hospital in Mexico has the HB treatment.

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 - 10:00am
sierra skier
-
ID

You Mentioned That

Your knowledge far exceeds mine in alternative medicine. I'm going to hit up Natural News search for alternatives for your needs.. I know you will win regardless of how things progress because you have the faith. Now is the time to be strong and allow the Lord his opportunity to give you direction. Your announcement totally catches me off guard and I will focus on your situation.
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 - 6:13pm
NW VIEW

Death is out there, you can grab hold or !

My regular doctor called me this morning and we has a good talk. He said I will not be here for Christmas this year. He did want me to start chemo and the other killer of drugs. He knew I would not submit to their early death. Linda was able to contact her Dr. in Mexico who cured her of cancer 4 years ago. We will fly out on Sunday.

If you give up on hope, give up on Faith in Christ, and walk in fears of death, you have submitted to the mindset of anti-Christ. The Just will walk by Faith. I do not know where this liver cancer will take me but I will stand.

Sat, Mar 14, 2020 - 11:04am
sierra skier
-
ID

I'm glad you have a plan.

I'm sure you will give your best efforts towards remission. Linda found success and I expect you will have the opportunity as well. My prayers for your best possible results, keep the faith.

randomness