Alternative Medicine

1597 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Feb 15, 2019 - 9:15am (Reply to #1541)
sierra skier
-
ID

I too have had 2 melanomas.

I too have had 2 melanomas. Back in 2002 after my first I bought up SPF 35 and 50 sun screen, guide shirts and floppy hats for sun protection and used all for sun protection for nearly a decade. I gradually quit using sun screen because I kind of disputed the doctors findings about sun exposure and didn't necessarily like the idea of possible bad ingredients in the products, but maintained my sun protective clothing.

With the new findings of healthy sun exposure for limited time and my 55* north latitude living the sun exposure is less intense and direct than when I was back in the Sierra. My dermatologist got me started on 1000 IU D3 back around 2008-2010 and gradually increased the dosage to 5K IU by about 2014 or 15 and that is where I have been since. I added the K2 about 18-20 months ago.

Due to a lung nodule a couple of years ago I have had several CT scans and a full body scan with dye and there has been no indications of kidney stones or any other remarkable issues and my nodule was from previous rib injuries and stable,,,,,, so far.

I continue to learn here as well.

Trail Trekker wrote:

I made the mistake of not researching side effects of D3 and was taking 10,000 IU daily after Dr. recommendation and ended up with 17 kidney stones. After NW View's post, and now feeling much more educated, I'm going to try the D3, K2 combo, which prevents stone formation. Looking forward to the results I've been missing since stopping D3 last year. I don't get to enjoy the sun like most due to melanoma history. Loving and appreciate everyone's posts on this forum when it comes to supplementing!!

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 - 10:09am
gold way p

K2

What is the best k2? Dr. Gundry recommends a lot of d2. Of the Plant Paradox, a book I highly recommend . I think I have been taking too much D2. Thanks for the information.

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 - 10:17am (Reply to #1543)
NW VIEW

K2

We have ordered a better looking product, Jarro brand MK-7. I think one thing that is important is the half life of the product. Some say it is 72 hours and the other product -4 has only a half life of 3.5 hours. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Fri, Feb 15, 2019 - 7:46pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Super K with Advanced K2 Complex

I found this from my favorite supplement provider Vitamin Shoppe who has recently merged with another company. I have been using their joint supplements and anti-oxidants for 25 years and believe they have high quality pure products at reasonable prices. Now this particular product is from a different manufacturer but if Vitamin Shoppe carries it I believe it meets their high standards criteria. It has K1 and K2 MK-4 and MK-7 so it covers the gambit of K vitamins.

https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item02034/Super-K-with-Advanced-K2-Complex?sourcecode=PPL602W&gclid=CjwKCAiA45njBRBwEiwASnZT52myiFrjKk5kzdzjQ73BLfupFMa9GEZ9jsDFw6oJZ4ajxcbojFotExoCunwQAvD_BwE

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 - 5:25am (Reply to #1545)
Trail Trekker

@sierra skier

I heard about a year ago that ingredients in sunscreen can cause skin cancer, go figure, so I started making my own that proved to look like the familiar white nose all over. I learned through the truth about cancer website that some exposure is healthy so I stopped using it all together but keep the spf clothing as you do.

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 - 5:29am
Trail Trekker

Product Safety

https://www.ewg.org

I’ve been visiting this site for years. It has great info on skin and house products, water quality reports and much more. Very informative.

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 - 5:38pm
sierra skier
-
ID

A couple of weeks ago

I met a nice young lady while skiing who is a micro-biologist who never went into the field. Needless to say we started chatting while riding chair lifts and she believes the whole supplement industry is a relative scam and that we can with proper diet obtain nearly all of the nutrients we need through our food.

Now, she is very much on the same page as we are regarding the lack of nutritional values in our mass produced foods. Her take is do not eat anything that has more than 3 words we can't pronounce, we must eat grass fed beef and a variety of meats. Free range birds and eggs or organic and not buy anything from the inside shelves from the supermarkets (processed foods).

For me for example I have been using glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health and she says get bones and hooves from the butcher for a 72 hour boil and consume the broth and gel which contains all we need for joint health. She also mentioned a 20 or so vegetable soup/stew that is huge in providing our nutrients. She is a regular weekend skier and we will run into each other so I continue to pick her brain for her knowledge and values regarding diet, nutrition and health. (I need to take notes)

Now, I'm not claiming she is spot on but her perspective and insight is greatly respected by myself. The ironic thing is back in 1992 I had 'tennis elbow' of my left elbow and while working on our construction site we had a gal join us who was a micro-biologist and during conversation she told me to start my joint health supplements which have appeared to work for the last 25 years,,,,, go figure.

Sun, Feb 17, 2019 - 5:37am (Reply to #1548)
SilveryBlue
-
Auckland
New Zealand

@SS I am also on supplements

Have been taking Amway (NO advertising!) vits & mins for about 29 years. I Think I have good bone health and my nails need a grinder to tame. Daughter is now into Isagenix and I am intrigued about the telemeres stuff they promote. We shall see. I also take iodine. selenium. magnesium and potassium as additional supplements because I think we need more than DRD. Specially Iodine because I do eat seafood from the Pacific occasionally - Fukashima notwithstanding. I tend to favour fish caught in the southern ocean cold waters on the West Coast but am realistic about the pollution in the Pacific.

Sun, Feb 17, 2019 - 7:47am
ag1969

Sengfarmer

This will be my last post and visit to TFMR. I don't give a shit what assholes like you have to say, nor will I answer your disingenuous questions. You and your ilk have utterly and completely destroyed these forums with your constant trolling and disruption without ever adding anything of value. You are a selfish jerk who is a net drag on the intellectual firepower that this site was once blessed to have. It completely sucks now because of assholes like you. Your Karma train will come to town.

When the shit hits the fan and the end of the great Keynesian experiment is upon us, surely you will perish. I hope everyone wondering why TFMR forums are devoid of anything intelligent now will blame you and your band of dickheads.

This is not about c60 for me, I couldn't care less whether or not you improve your health. Thank you for your hand in destroying what used to be the best reading on the web. Now it is an echo chamber of people connecting false DOTS based on a retarded premise. Out!

Sun, Feb 17, 2019 - 11:02am
sengfarmer

hypocrites

What a bunch of crap. Look to your fearless green leader as to who destroyed these boards.

If a small farmer from flyover country can destroy these boards, what does it say about the strength of your position???

Tue, Feb 19, 2019 - 4:00pm (Reply to #1551)
soulscape

sengfarmer wrote:

sengfarmer wrote:

What a bunch of crap. Look to your fearless green leader as to who destroyed these boards.

If a small farmer from flyover country can destroy these boards, what does it say about the strength of your position???

I'll second Ag1969's sentiment. His position is STRONG!!

However, it's not who destroyed the forums', it is what.... The green leader uncovered collective incompetence among a collective of simple minded and naive investors with biased and simpleton political commentary who couldn't overcome their personal hangups.

And yes, it was simple minded farmers LIKE yourself, especially yourself, who confessed and proudly flaunted their ignorance. Once he uncovered your ignorance, you and similar minded people had no choice but to fight for your survival and did so in dirty, under-handed, trash-like manner. And you haven't stopped. Fortunately, some were caught.

It is why those who remain have no ability to create interest or participation among the remaining collective. You can't create demand because you have nothing to offer other than spit on the dead spirit of what's left. And you have nobody left to badger.

Your only recourse now is to deny it and point the finger at the guy who the founder of this website publicly agreed with.

I'm with Ag1969 all the way!!

You can spend your time lurking and siphoning off the remaining vapid, and vacuous commentary. Turd should have acted quicker.

Sengfarmer should be forced to write financial commentary for the main page and see how that goes as a condition of his continued ability to be a member of this website. Boy would that be revealing.

Over and OUT!!!

Tue, Feb 19, 2019 - 6:13pm
NW VIEW

Still reviewing K2/D3 and may change some issues!

A CRUCIAL VITAMIN for Heart and Bone Health VITAMIN K2
Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 2:44am
sengfarmer

soulscape

Referring back to my posts about being ignorant. Have you ever heard of sarcasm??

I have been studying markets, finance and economics intensively starting in about 1998 when I first got a computer. No, ignorant I am not. A lot more to learn, yes of course.

My crime here was to hold a certain green thing accountable for saying Jim Sinclair was running a Ponzi. I don't stand for character assassination of my friends.

All I ever asked was for some proof or a retraction. I never got either just a lot of circular rhetoric turning me into the villain. So be it. My conscious is clear.

One of the reasons this country is so screwed up is that dishonesty is tolerated.

High intelligence does not exempt one from the consequences of making false statements.

edit: I am still looking for that proof, I have skin in the game.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 7:40am
soulscape

You don’t force people to say

You don’t force people to say things because you’re offended. Are you a Social Justice Warrior?

You don’t continuously interrupt conversations rudeness nothing to do with the only subject that you’re interested in and badger people to force then to say what you want. Are you also an idiot? I have learned over the years that usually people only get so upset when they are wrong. And you are WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

The best way to prove someone wrong or a worthless hack is to prove it with the numbers, rather than attack them with names and empty statements. All your statements are empty. And you don’t continue to try to get revenge for years and years while you have accumulated an astoundingly negative return rate.

It looks like the accusations have been raging over the internet for years. No dirth of articles lauding J as a lying scumbag that sold out his share holders. It is the companies responsibility to address shareholder concerns but NOTTA.

AG1969 is correct. It is you who is the conplete fucking useless piece of shit and idiots like you who have destroyed the forum complex because you have an IQ of near ZERO.

Stand up and defend his character with facts. YOU CAN”T. Because you’re near broke like the rest of his investors.

There are 1000’s of contents on the internet suggesting that you are a cultist and you’re the lying piece of shit pumping this crap around here.

Coyote posted the following on cometgold: “coyote: If any shareholders have read the notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements for 3 months ending November 30, 2018, there is an item about the convertible loans the Company had outstanding. Those notes carried an interest rate of 8%, but at the option of the lender, were settled by issuance of 3.555 million shares, which resulted in a loss to the company on settlement of C$562,746. Also, the finder's fee for the convertible loans was in the amount of C$135,000. It appears that the cost to the company for C$1,197,966 of loans totaled C$697,746 - that is nearly 58% of the loans received was lost to the conversion and finder's fee. Someone who is going to attend the AGM might want to bring up this point and ask who benefited more than the company in these transactions. Is it the same party or parties also making the bullion loans with similar conversion to shares option, at a much larger cost to the company than the stated 8% interest rate.“

Zero responses. Its like the information is not there. I think The psychology is similar to where Trump said he could shoot someone in public and not lose a vote. Nothing will convince the cultists they sre being taken for a ride

Now that Jimmy has cleaned out the shareholders, he's giving them helpful advice about the dangers of cell phone radiation.

Jimmy is excited that the Tanzania president is getting rid of its corruption in govt.

If only TRX shareholders could've done the same with company management

The logical fallacies continue. TRX needs more infill drilling to move resources from one accounting category to another. Why bother drilling when there already exists a study that shows it might be profitable to mine gold. (Not that there will be a positive return to shareholders). It is an attempt to increase the stock price without expending any real money. It is also the least the company can do to show that it is still alive.

Jimmy is excited that the Tanzania president is getting rid of its corruption in govt.

If only TRX shareholders could've done the same with company management

https://seekingalpha.com/article/274256-tanzanian-royalty-exploration-fo...

The rising tide of gold prices has lifted the market value of Tanzanian Royalty Exploration (NYSEMKT:TRX) to ridiculous levels. The stock has gained over 350% from a 2008 low of under $2 to a current price of around $6.90 There are 94 million shares outstanding, giving the company a market cap of $650 million. That is a tremendous market cap for a company that has less than $50 million of assets.

Tanzanian Royalty Exploration is a Canadian company listed on the NYSE Alternet under the symbol TRE (changing to TRX on June 15th), and on the Toronto Stock Exchange symbol TNX. The company explores for gold in Tanzania Africa.

While I don't really have an opinion about the ultimate level of the price of gold, I think that the speculative bubble in exploration stocks will burst, and this stock will be headed to $0. The company is a serial issuer of stock and has no revenue. By virtue of accounting treatments for exploration companies that allow exploration costs to be capitalized rather than expensed, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration has an artificially inflated book value of about C$0.35 per share. That gives the company a price-to-book ratio of around 20. After adjusting for capitalized exploration costs, I estimate the real book value to be zero.

The business model is quite simple: Sell stock, use the cash for corporate overhead, capitalize exploration costs, repeat. Typically, the company sells stock at a discount in privately negotiated transactions to senior executives or third parties. Those purchasers then unload the stock over time at market prices. For the fiscal year 2010, the company raised C$5.5 million from equity and convertible debt issuance. The conversion price on the debt was an average of C$4.40, while the stock price on the respective issuance dates was C$4.80 and C$5.50. The issue price for the stock was C$2.71 per share, significantly below the market price. On February 1 the company announced that it had sold $4 million worth of stock priced at a 15% discount to market and paid a finder's fee in stock of 8.5%. In and of itself, this is a very expensive method of raising capital.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 7:53am
soulscape

Tell me when the pain is too

Tell me when the pain is too much for you to take Sengfarmer. Tell me when you're ready to get on your hands and needs and beg for forgiveness of being a total idiot and destroying the community.

It looks like I have at least 10 years of articles and postings of investors who knew they got ripped off.

I want an apology and if you don't give one voluntarily I will troll you until your death for what you've done here or until the end of the great KEnsysian experinent where according to Ag1969 you will perish anyway for your ignorance.

You haven't studied shit. You'd make everybody here join your cult . It is YOU and Your self dishonesty that has destroyed America. And we all know who to look to.

I dare you to go on the public TRX forum and start posting your bullshit. Fellow investors will hog tie you and you hang you by your balls from a light post. Upside down until the authorities take you away.

You don't have the balls that's why you pulled your shit here where you could get away with it.

The DESTRUCTION OF THE FORUNS is DUE TO SENG Farmer and similar behaviors by other members. So go fuck yourself.

Ponzi scheme
IS PUTTING IT NICELY. You've been raped and you don't even know it. And a bunch of people tried to tell you.

Latest financials published. Let me summarize. Borrow money. Spend $1 million per quarter on overhead (salaries and benefits for Sinclair and friends). Do nothing on the mining front. Wait until the money is almost gone, borrow more money.

ReplyRepli

TRX Tanzanian assets. Here is the value of TRX assets in Tanzania: 0. Kigosi $0. Buckreef $0. Value of PP&E in Tanzania under $1.75million liquidation value. Current liabilities, $8.5 million so TRX's book value is $-6.75 million.
-Kigosi is a game reserve on which TRX hasn't paid any of its required licensing fees in years. Or, per the latest 10-k Filed 11/29: "Consequently, it has been recommended that these licenses be abandoned or returned to original owners to cut liabilities" (pg. 31 latest 10-k).
-Buckreef- Mining minister still has not signed renewal licenses 3/4 a year (pg 23 10-k). Iamgold Tanzania surrendered licenses to Tanzania six months before TRX bought them for $3 million in 2010.

• Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
    Notice how on BSmineset, they are now stating on many of the entries "on Saturday's call, we spoke about this." Trying to make it look like those two knuckleheads have some great wisdom and insight to share, and trying to drum up business for the paid site. Pathetic.

• Ludwig von Mises22 days ago

Wow, I see that Jeffrey Duval gets 650.000 in compensation yearly. Sweet!

ReplyReplies (1)

• Relbochat3 months ago

If you haven't figured out is going on here, the company borrows money to pay officers, directors, friends, and relatives, then issues shares at a 50% discount to repay the loans. There is no mining activity and the company doesn't actually own any gold.

• Augustusgloop3 months ago

Sinclair does it again. Financial statements are out & Jimmy's ponzi continues.

ReplyReplies (1)

• Augustusglooplast year

"Chief Operating Officer Giancarlo Volo"

• Rogerlast year More
  • Relbo what say ye? Uncle Jim has a 2 for 1 reverse split planned for the Kigosi Kampers. In addition, he plans to up the options awards to 10% of the float. More goodies for the 108'ers. Bag holders still standing in line waiting for dividends....

• Ludwig von Miseslast year

Last years annual meeting was held mid februari. Has anyone heard of this years annual meeting planning?

• Relbochat9 months ago

TRX just closed their fiscal 3rd Quarter. Company must be running on fumes again. As of Feb 28th, the cash balance was C$430,100 and the receivables balances was C$255,000. Cash expenses typically run about C$700,000 per quarter. My math puts the treasury hovering at E.

• Relbochat9 months ago

Keep an eye on June 22. The gold loan from 2015 matures on that date. $1,530,000. It is convertible to 5,531,853 worth at the close yesterday $3,042,519.34. Does the lender extend to earn the 8% interest or does the lender take payment in stock and walk away with a 100% gain? I know what I would do. Look out for those 5.5 million shares hitting the market if they haven't already been sold short into this pump, which is fading.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 8:14am
sierra skier
-
ID

How Many Heartbeats do We Have?

Found this link from a friend. If his theory is correct my low heart rate could be a blessing.

I like the K2 video NW, thanks.

February 15, 2017 ·

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US !!!!

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 9:02am
NW VIEW

@ Sierra Skier

I do like what the doctor said. Now I feel better having not ran thousands of miles over the last decades. Every time I see that track, I think I should run a few laps. Then I think, "Nope", I hate running and will just walk two miles. Linda and I still try to walk at least 4+ days a week. Jim

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 9:47am
soulscape

PUBLIC WARNING ABOUT Jim Sinclair

with lots of good comments.

https://dont-tread-on.me/?p=31570

The Devil is always closer than we think.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 11:08am
sengfarmer

soulscape

Nice try. I listened to the Chris Duane clip. His big bitch is that Sinclair doesn't promote silver to the degree Duane does. So what? Sinclair has said many times in the past few years that silver will be gold on steroids. What does that mean to you?

I also read the comments, there was nothing there about a ponzi. Just some defending Sinclair and some complaining about his lineage and lack of promoting silver.

As far as the yahoo boards, I was on the TRX board for years and watched the constant heavy bashers that are still there today do their thing. Non stop bashing. I always got the feeling they were mostly disgruntled former stock holders. It also seemed like the ringleader was actually trying to keep the price down for accumulation purposes. He is a player in the New York financial sector. What would be his motive to bash, bash, bash everyday for years?

For instance the handle relbochat was formerly formerly cpiisalie, before that he had another handle. I had many spirited exchanges with this guy. He has been at it for 15 years now. Relbochat is the team leader. The lower flunkies have changed over the years. Some are just clones.

The question I always asked them and they would never give an answer was, why are you here posting every day for years on end. Why are you not pounding on all the other companies in the sector that have been beaten down?

I've read all the stuff about the financials. I look at it as Sinclair keeping the company alive until the bull market resumes. How many of these explorers have gone under in the last decade? Survival is a tricky business. When the timing is right this company has the goods and will be a winner.

Yes, if I am proven wrong I will certainly apologize for my persistence in defending Sinclair. Will you apologise if I am right?

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 11:45am
soulscape

Is this you dickhead? Calling

Is this you dickhead? Calling people paid trolls just like you did here when you disagreed?

Another total moron reveals himself.

Not one fucking substantial contribution in two forums.

You're a real looser and no apologies.

You're so underwater. Nothing can redeem you.

Idiots of America reside here too.

I'll apologize when Yahoo and TFmetals ban your existence.

There is not an intelligent person on this site that would want you on their team or engage you. The stupid ones will. When the bull market resides it won't help Sinclair.

The best post I saw was a list of Sinclair market calls from the last two decades where he got it all wrong. Care to post it? There is a sucker born every minute.

BTw, an apology by you would be an admission of guilt deserving of jail time. and I hope they call me to do jury time. That's if you don't perish as predicted by AG.

Keep hope alive. IDIOT farmer.

PONZI, PONZI, PONZI.

trxtruther

229 reactions

Recently Discussed

• trxtruther

2 years agoReplied to a reaction

$TRX conversation

The time and negative energy you put in to TRX only proves you are a paid troll or have a big ax to grind.No matter what you are wrong and should go long if you are not all ready.Sorry for the delay in responding as I am enjoying my summer not watching a computer screen to see what every #$%$ posted today.

• trxtruther

$TRX conversation

@augustusgloop That press release is a year and a half old is that the best you have?
    The treaty between Canada and Tanzanian Government set that straight.

• trxtruther

$TRX conversation

Trolls talking trash!the gold is there read the 43-101 and read the agreement between Canada and Tanzanian Gov.
    The deposits are massive and the Government is friendly to company's who do not look to screw the country that owns the wealth.
    TRX is rewriting the rules to the game.

• trxtruther

2 years ago

$TRX conversation

More

ReplyReplies (4)

• trxtruther

$TRX conversation

Kitty let them talk it is cheap Jim is moving forward and TRX is on its way to being a major producer in a very short time
    the reserves are Proven the land is cleared the plant is on the way that is the facts.
    I have backed the truck up hope you have also as the rewards will be worth it.

• trxtruther

2 years ago

$TRX conversation

More

ReplyReplies (1)

• trxtruther

$TRX conversation

Great advise I have and will continue to thanks!!

• trxtruther

2 years ago

$TRX conversation

RELBOCHAT AUGUSTUS AND LUDWIG I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE DOG PARK AND SAW PEOPLE PICKING YOU UP AFTER THERE DOG WAS FINISHED PUSHING YOU OUT AND PUTTING YOU IN THE TRASH IN A LITTLE PLASTIC BAG.
    YOU ARE DOG S.

ReplyReplies (1)

• trxtruther

2 years ago

$TRX conversation

The trolls are toast TRX is will be building the plant and pouring gold soon I bet on it and stand by my bet!
    If you look at some of the deep drill holes the grams per ton are very high.
    Talk trash trolls your days are numbered.