Alternative Medicine

1596 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Dec 7, 2018 - 12:24am
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

FUCK THE FLU TOUGH IT OUT

Flu ain't no picnic but it beats the shit out of the effects of an annual flu shot which is so filled with crap that the shot will kill you.

Just sayin' I don't take the shot and haven't have the flu in years

AGXIIK

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 - 8:13am
NW VIEW

Got Baking Soda?

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Fri, Dec 7, 2018 - 5:29pm (Reply to #1482)
The Flu

Breathe Deeply

No, F You, punk.

AGXIIK wrote:

I don't take the shot and haven't have the flu in years

On my list now.

Signed,

The Flu

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 - 7:55am
ag1969

The flu shot is ridiculous...

... all shots are ridiculous. The war being waged is on our immune system. It is funny, but with all I have learned and all we have discussed going back to the beginning, the one line that has had more impact on the way I perceive health, and its government propagated antithesis, was when Boatman said, "Cancer is an immune system failure."

Every ailment is an immune system failure. Immunizations, Big Pharma poison, etc. all designed to weaken your immune system. All ailments can be cured if you can give your immune system the tool bag it needs to fix it.

Amongst all the propaganda and confusion, most people don't ever discover the root cause of what ails them. I have discovered with a little help from my friends, that the root cause is exclusively an energetic event but that is a whole big subject that can't be summarized in this post.

I certainly do not claim to have mastered this, but I have made great progress with a personal understanding of what my body needs.

Everything vibrates. Strike the root. DOn't let any Big Pharma anti-light frequency throw your healing on the wrong path. Raise your vibration. Whether that be with meditation, frequency machines, food, love, or things you enjoy. A hug is far more healing that an aluminum injection.

The etymology of aluminum is anti-light. Please let that sink in before you get your next flu shot.

Love conquers all. It is the frequency of good health... and truth.

Cheers and happy holidays to all of my friends here. Be Well!

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 - 8:36am (Reply to #1485)
NW VIEW

@ ag1969

Wisdom has come to you at a young age. Jim

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 - 9:34am
sierra skier
-
ID

ag1969

We have spent decades developing our immune systems and it would be a shame to let our immunity go to waste. We use no antibiotic cleaners or anti-bacterials. If we protect our immune systems form the things that may attack us our system will loose it's ability to respond, it needs constant exercise.

Vaccinations shouldn't be necessary if we maintain healthy strong immune systems by letting them continuing to develop by warding off the normal bugs and culprits. The flu vaccine has a poor record for reliability at attacking the current version going around.

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 - 10:15am
ag1969

Oh, and Turd....

Thanks so much for providing the forum for all of us to have had this discussion. Your website has provided more good than you will ever know. I hope all the Turd family is happy and healthy. Congratulations and a hat tip, and Merry Christmas!

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 - 8:22pm
NW VIEW

Got Celery?

Consume Celery Before Bedtime and You Will Amaze With The Overall Health Results
Sat, Dec 15, 2018 - 10:04pm
silver66

get that meat and fat into yourself

enjoy

Wanna know how to collapse your heart disease risk? Ok then.

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 - 4:23pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Bombshell study shows aspartame depletes neurotransmitters in th

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-17-bombshell-study-shows-aspartame-depletes-neurotransmitters-in-the-brain-5g-pesticides.html

Bombshell study shows aspartame depletes neurotransmitters in the brain, makes brains vulnerable to chemical damage from food and vaccines

Monday, December 17, 2018 by: Mike Adams

3,990Views

(Natural News) A bombshell scientific study reveals that aspartame may be one of the most damaging vectors for the widespread “dumbing down” of humanity. Published in AJTCAM (African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines), the study is entitled, “IMPACT OF ASPARTAME CONSUMPTION ON NEUROTRANSMITTERS IN RAT BRAIN.” (Source)

The study fed rats aspartame for durations of 10 – 40 days, then decapitated the rats and analyzed their brains. From the abstract, “Blood and brain tissue were collected for biochemical analysis. Biochemical analysis of brain tissue includes neurotransmitters (Acetylcholine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, ?-aminobutyric acid and serotonin). Serum for determination of lipid peroxidation (MDA), reduced glutathione and superoxide dismutase (SOD).”

Shocking results show aspartame eviscerated brain neurotransmitters

The results of the study found a dose-dependent relationship between aspartame consumption and the destruction of neurotransmitters — brain chemicals necessary for the function of neurons.

“Brain neurotransmitters levels (serotonin, GABA and dopamine) were reduced significantly compared with control,” the study says. Furthermore, levels of brain antioxidants that protect brain tissue from oxidation damage — often caused by chemical exposure — were sharply depleted. “…[D]ata obtained showed that antioxidant activities (SOD and GSH) were reduced significantly,” the study reports.

The conclusion of the study found that, “Consumption of [aspartame] for a long time increased oxidative stress in brain tissue and disruption in neurotransmitters that affect physiological functions.”

Huge reduction in serotonin and sharp increase in epinephrine may explain the chemical alteration of the masses

The study found that serotonin levels were reduced by nearly 74% (with some margin of error) in rats that consumed 125mg of aspartame vs. rats fed no aspartame. At the same time, levels of epinephrine were substantially increased by almost 500%. Epinephrine is the “fight or flight” chemicals that’s normally associated with fear, uncertainty and danger.

What these results show is absolutely stunning: Aspartame sharply reduces core neurotransmitters in the brain while aggressively increasing chemicals associated with fear and danger.

In addition, aspartame makes the brain more vulnerable to oxidative damage, meaning brain cells are more prone to damage from vaccine ingredients (Thimerosal), toxic food chemicals, pesticides or even potentially 5G wireless networks that cause the electromagnetic alteration of brain cells.

The American public, which consumes enormous quantities of aspartame, is increasingly identified as “dumbed-down” and full of fear, hatred and violence. Their brains are being altered by chemicals that turn humans into more animalistic organisms that lack higher cognitive function.

As this study shows, aspartame may be contributing to the downfall of human civilization by altering the brains of human beings, turning them into cognitively impaired, chemically-altered organisms incapable of rational behavior. It also reminds us that when it comes to food ingredients, humans are the lab rats who are routinely exposed to dangerous, toxic chemicals that have unknown long-term effects.

But they’re all “approved” by the FDA, often based on fraudulent science studies provided by the chemical manufacturers themselves.

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 - 4:25pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Contaminated hospital bed sheets could be the source of infectio

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-19-contaminated-hospital-bed-sheets-source-of-infection.html

Contaminated hospital bed sheets could be the source of infections among patients, reveals shocking new study

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 by: Lance D Johnson

700Views

(Natural News) Hospital beds and medical equipment are often teaming with infectious bacteria. Since the turn of the century, hospital infections have claimed the lives of over 1.4 million people. Additionally, bed sores have claimed over 2.1 million lives. Antibiotic-resistant super bugs, often contracted from hospital settings, are also deadly. Since January 1, 2000, Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) has claimed 11,385 lives; Multidrug-Resistant Pseudomonas Aeruginosa has claimed 8,349, Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus, 24,669, and Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), 214,149. The medical system is losing the fight against pathogens, and these numbers are just the beginning. (Related: 5 ways to avoid the risky medical system.)

Official laundry procedures do not eliminate C. difficile from hospital sheets

A new study from De Montfort University, Leicester, United Kingdom confronts the source of one of the most common infections among hospital patients. Contaminated hospital bed sheets are the primary source of clostridium difficile (C. difficile). C. difficile causes infectious diarrhea, leading to severe dehydration. Since January 1, 2000, Clostridium Difficile (C.diff) has claimed the lives of 265,670.

Shockingly, the researchers discovered that the bacteria survive a hospital’s industrial detergent and high temperature disinfection procedures in commercial washing machines. The bacteria survive on the linens even after they are washed. Even more concerning: when contaminated linens are washed alongside uncontaminated bed sheets, the bacteria are capable of spreading onto the sterile sheets. The study was published in Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, the journal of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.

“The findings of this study may explain some sporadic outbreaks of C. difficile infections in hospitals from unknown sources,” says Katie Laird, Ph.D. and lead author of the study. Now the goal is to research a way to remove all traces of C. difficile from hospital bed sheets. This will require an entirely new disinfection process, one the researchers are adamantly pursuing.

Official disinfection procedures actually spread infectious bacteria to other hospital beds

In the study, the researchers inundated sterile cotton sheets with swatches of fabric contaminated with C. difficile. The once sterile sheets were placed in an industrial washing cycle, with and without detergent. The linens were pressed, dried, and finished in compliance with the National Health Service U.K. healthcare laundry policy.

Both procedures, (with and without detergent) failed to eliminate all trace of C. difficile. In fact, neither procedure met the microbial standards of the U.K. healthcare system. Bacteria from the contaminated sheets were transferred to the sterile sheets after they were washed. The official process only reduced C. difficile spore count by 40 percent! The study finds that the thermal disinfection requirements by the U.K. healthcare system are inadequate. C. difficile spores are still prevalent in contaminated samples and are spread to uncontaminated sources, allowing infectious disease an easy route to spread. In the case of NHS facilities, hospital bed sheets from multiple hospitals are washed simultaneously and redistributed to multiple locations. This redistribution of C. difficile spores is a main source of unknown outbreaks. What other infectious agents are being spread this way?

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 - 5:40pm
NW VIEW

Gut Problems?

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 - 5:29pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Healthy Triplets All Autistic within Hours of Vaccination

3 healthy kids lives destroyed within hours of being vaccinated. The criminal industry must eventually be punished for their poisoning and fleecing of the people.

https://www.brighteon.com/5981814992001

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 - 10:00pm
NW VIEW

DMSO???

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 - 11:53pm
sierra skier
-
ID

BREAKING: President Trump just ended hemp prohibition across Ame

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-21-president-trump-just-ended-hemp-prohibition-across-america.html

BREAKING: President Trump just ended hemp prohibition across America, legalizing industrial hemp farming nationwide

Friday, December 21, 2018 by: Mike Adams

18KViews

(Natural News) Achieving another breathtaking win for the American people while fighting against a criminal, corrupt establishment, President Donald J. Trump just legalized industrial hemp nationwide by signing the new Farm Bill into law. The hemp legalization provision was spearheaded by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), further demonstrating that Republicans support hemp legalization and agricultural freedom.

After nearly 50 years of prohibition, industrial hemp will be legal to grow across America beginning January 1, 2019. It’s another huge victory that helps Make America Great Again by unleashing the power of agricultural freedom and natural health.

“This law marks the first change in the federal classification of the cannabis plant since it was initially classified as a schedule I controlled substance by Congress in 1970, and paves the way for the first federally-sanctioned commercial hemp grows since World War II,” said NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano. NORML also adds:

The hemp-specific provisions of the 2018 Act amend the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 so that hemp plants containing no more than 0.3 percent THC are no longer classified as a schedule I controlled substance under federal law.

“Although hemp will no longer

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 - 9:03am
sierra skier
-
ID

People who drink moderate amounts of coffee each day have a lowe

It seems like every couple of week coffee hits the news for being beneficial or detrimental to our health. This week it is on the good list. My coffee drinking habits haven't changed for 50 years.

The full story at the link.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-22-people-who-drink-moderate-amounts-of-coffee.html

People who drink moderate amounts of coffee each day have a lower risk of death from disease

Saturday, December 22, 2018 by: Michelle Simmons

(Natural News) Many people drink coffee for an energy boost, but do you know that it can also prolong your life? A study published in the journal Circulation revealed that moderate amounts — or less than five cups — of coffee each day can lower your risk of death from many diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, and nervous system disorders. It can also lower death risk due to suicide.

The study’s researchers explained this effect could be attributed to coffee’s naturally occurring chemical compounds. These bioactive compounds reduce insulin resistance and systematic inflammation, which might be responsible for the association between coffee and mortality. (Related: Coffee drinkers have a lower mortality rate and lower risk of various cancers.)

The researchers reached this conclusion after analyzing the coffee consumption every four years of participants from three large studies: 74,890 women in the Nurses’ Health Study; 93,054 women in the Nurses’ Health Study 2; and 40,557 men in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study. They did this by using validated food questionnaires. During the follow-up period of up to 30 years, 19,524 women and 12,432 men died from different causes.

They found that people who often consumed coffee tend to smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol. To differentiate the effects of coffee from smoking, they carried out their analysis again among non-smokers. Through this, the protective benefits of coffee on deaths became even more apparent.

With these findings, the researchers suggested that regular intake of coffee could be included as part of a healthy, balanced diet. However, pregnant women and children should consider the potential high intake of caffeine from coffee or other drinks.

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 - 1:03pm
silver66

Twitter bots and Russian Trolls

are the reason Canadians are not vaccinating their children. You can't make this shit up

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/they-cant-do-it-themselves-if-paren...

Another person saying..."We are from the government and we know best, comply or we will force you"

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 - 4:58pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Relying on proton-pump inhibitors to relieve heartburn can leave

Back in about 2004 or so I had heartburn and my DR. put me on Prilosec. I started on this pharmaceutical and after about 4 months started thinking about being on a drug for life possibly. That offered me the opportunity to opt for a dietary change to eliminate the acid reflux. A friend offered the books 'Eat Right For Your Blood Type' and I purchased and absorbed the one for my related blood type.

I made several changes to my diet suggested by the book and two weeks later took the last of my Prilosec. Acid Reflux was gone and that was 14 years ago. To this day I remain drug free except for those occasions when I need antibiotics or pain meds. Apparently my decision paid off handsomely.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-24-proton-pump-inhibitors-can-leave-you-vulnerable-to-superbugs.html

Relying on proton-pump inhibitors to relieve heartburn can leave you vulnerable to superbugs

Monday, December 24, 2018 by: Vicki Batts
Tags: antacids, badmedicine, Big Pharma, Dangerous Medicine, heartburn, heartburn relief, infections, medication, natural cures, natural medicine, outbreak, pain relief, PPIs, Prescription drugs, Proton pump inhibitors, superbugs

1,840Views

(Natural News) Proton pump inhibitors are used by millions of people looking for heartburn relief, but new evidence shows that these drugs may come at an unexpected cost. Microbiologists from Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust have found that patients taking proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are at markedly greater risk of catching drug-resistant bacterial infections. With drug-resistant microbes now pushing global health toward “the edge of a crisis,” any medication that triples your risk of catching a superbug should be approached with extreme caution.

And yet, PPIs are widely used and wildly overused; a recently published paper calling for an end to over-prescribing of PPIs estimated that 70 percent of PPIs are prescribed without clear indication. More, patients often continue to take a PPIs for years on end, even though the maximum duration of usage is supposed to be just four months. This alone is concerning, but when coupled with the new revelations on the threat PPIs pose to health, these reckless prescribing practices become even more dangerous.

Heartburn drugs increase risk of infection with superbugs

It’s estimated that two million people are infected with an antibiotic-resistant bacteria every year in the United States. Of those, 23,000 people will die as a direct result of their infection, and an untold number of others will die from complications related to their infection. Drug-resistant microbes are on the rise — and it turns out taking a PPI can make you more susceptible to them.

As Daily Mail reports, a team of microbiologists at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, located in England, studied 126 hospital patients that had been infected with a drug-resistant bacteria known as ESBL-enterobacteriae, and compared them to a control group of the same size.

The power of the elements: Discover Colloidal Silver Mouthwash with quality, natural ingredients like Sangre de Drago sap, black walnut hulls, menthol crystals and more. Zero artificial sweeteners, colors or alcohol. Learn more at the Health Ranger Store and help support this news site.

Enterobacteriae are typically found in the lower half of the digestive tract and pose no threat. However, once these bugs make it to other areas of the body, they can cause fatal infections. ESBL bugs are bacteria that are immune to common antibiotics, like penicillin.

The team found that the infected patients were three times more likely to have taken a PPI than one of the healthy controls.

Study leader Dr. Richard Cunningham has studied the deleterious effects of PPI drugs in the past, finding that they increased the risk of another type of bacterial infection some 15 years ago.

In past research, Cunningham helped link PPI usage with an increased risk of infection with Clostridium difficile, commonly known as “C. diff.”

“It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the message to spread,” Cunningham commented.

Wed, Dec 26, 2018 - 9:49pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Vitamin D deficiency directly linked to your risk for cancer

The full read at the link

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-26-vitamin-d-deficiency-directly-linked-risk-for-cancer.html

Vitamin D deficiency directly linked to your risk for cancer

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 by: Isabelle Z.

1,560Views

(Natural News) What are you doing to lower your risk of cancer? Perhaps you’re going out of your way to get organic food to avoid the cancer risks associated with pesticides, or maybe you’re using natural cleaning products around your house. You might be making a conscious effort to consume more superfoods and get more exercise, but are you keeping tabs on your vitamin D levels? This often-overlooked factor is linked to your cancer risk in a surprisingly strong way.

In a study that was published in PLOS ONE, researchers showed that optimal vitamin D levels reduce a person’s risk of invasive cancers. The team, which was led by researchers from UC San Diego, looked at data pertaining to thousands of participants. They discovered that vitamin D levels of 48 ng/mL or higher were linked to a 67 percent reduction in cancer risk when compared to those whose levels were 20 ng/mL or less.

This is pretty concerning when you consider the fact that the Institute of Medicine has been recommending a level of 20 ng/mL as “ideal” for many years. It may be a reasonable amount if bone health is your only concern, but if you want to prevent cancer, you’ll need at least twice that amount.

In fact, studies have shown that higher sun exposure throughout your lifetime is linked to a 70 percent lower risk of developing breast cancer. Those who live in southern latitudes with relatively high sunlight exposure have lower incidence and death rates when it comes to certain types of cancer.

Meanwhile, a study published this spring by The BMJ revealed that high vitamin D levels were associated with a reduction in cancer risk of 20 percent, particularly when it came to liver cancer. The study was huge, involving nearly 34,000 Japanese adults over the course of 16 years.

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 - 9:13am
sierra skier
-
ID

Italian scientists protest funding for vaccine-safety investiga

So all along we thought the vaccines held impurities and we now find out the impurities are the prime ingredients and the promoted ingredients are missing,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How Brazen to be poisoning the population. What else are they lying about?

https://www.sott.net/article/402921-Italian-scientists-protest-funding-for-vaccine-safety-investigation

Italian scientists protest funding for vaccine-safety investigation

Giorgia Guglielmi
Nature
Thu, 13 Dec 2018 00:01 UTC

© Nicolò Campo/LightRocket/Getty
A rally in Turin, Italy against a 2017 law that makes 10 vaccines mandatory for children.

The National Order of Biologists made a €10,000 donation to a group that questions the safety of vaccines.

Some scientists in Italy are up in arms over a donation from the organization that oversees the nation's professional biology qualification to an advocacy group that opposes the country's policy of mandatory childhood vaccination.

The news comes as Italian politicians debate whether to continue with the mandatory vaccination policy, which was introduced in 2017 and requires parents to provide proof of ten routine vaccinations when enrolling their children in nurseries and preschools.

The group, Corvelva, announced that it had received €10,000 (US$11,350) from the Italian National Order of Biologists (ONB) on 26 October and says that it plans to use the money for research that investigates the safety and efficacy of commonly used vaccines.

Corvelva says that the research it proposes is necessary because previous studies it has funded, which have not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal, indicate that some vaccines contain impurities, or lack the active ingredients they claim to contain.

ONB president Vincenzo D'Anna told Nature in an e-mail interview that there is a need for truly independent vaccine research because, in his opinion, work conducted in public laboratories and at universities is usually influenced or funded by companies that produce vaccines.

"The goal is to contribute to complete the biological and chemical analyses on vaccines," he said in the interview, part of which the ONB has published in its Bulletin.

Rigorous testing

But many scientists dismiss the need for the additional research - on the grounds that vaccines are already rigorously tested - and are flummoxed by the ONB's decision to donate to Corvelva. "My first reaction was bewilderment," says geneticist Gerolamo Lanfranchi of the University of Padova.

Comment: Rigorously tested, are they? Funny that a lawsuit filed in the US recently was just won by the plaintiff, showing there were no relevant government documents proving that all federally approved vaccines had been tested for quality over the past 32 years. The documents don't exist because the tests were never done.

Membership in the ONB confers certification for positions in the biological sciences in Italy - such as roles in nutrition, public health or environmental services. The ONB collaborates with university biology departments, including the University of Padova, to organize qualifying examinations for membership. The order has about 50,000 members who each pay an annual membership fee of €120.

"There's solid evidence that vaccines work and are safe," says virologist Giorgio Palù at the University of Padova, who is president of the European and Italian societies for virology.

The large-scale, expensive studies that test vaccines' efficacy and monitor for adverse side effects are regulated and supervised by national and international health agencies and are "far more accurate than tests that could be done with €10,000", says Gennaro Ciliberto, a molecular biologist at the University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia and president of the Italian Federation for the Life Sciences, which includes 14 scientific societies.

Once vaccines are approved, these agencies continue to monitor them by testing batches and production facilities for safety, as well as tracking adverse reactions, he adds.

But Marchi says that studies that monitor adverse reactions don't track participants for long enough after they have been vaccinated, and so "cannot exclude the possibility that vaccines are toxic". D'Anna emphasized that the donation to Corvelva is not the full amount that will be spent on the research. "Ours was a contribution among many," he said.

Corvelva has collected more than €50,000 so far, says Marchi. The organization will use the money to check whether the components of widely used vaccines are the same as those indicated on the label, and to look for contaminants. The tests will be done by still-undisclosed private analytical services, he says.

A team of researchers funded by Corvelva posted the methodology behind the organization' s earlier studies on vaccine components to F1000Research, an online platform where articles are first published and then peer reviewed by invited referees. The one reviewer who looked at the paper did not approve it. Marchi says that this reviewer has requested further data that the researchers will provide, but adds it will take several years for the analyses of the vaccine components themselves to be completed, because Corvelva plans to analyse batches of every vaccine available.

Before then, Marchi says that the group hopes to influence the national debate on whether to continue with the 2017 mandatory-vaccination policy.

Legal decision

In September, Italy's newly elected government, a coalition between the populist Five Star Movement and right-wing Lega parties, extended until March 2019 a measure that allows parents to self-certify that their children have been vaccinated - instead of providing a doctor's note - during enrollment in nurseries, preschools and schools.

The Italian Senate's health committee is currently debating two bills that would change the 2017 mandatory-vaccine law. One, introduced by Lega senator Paolo Arrigoni, would scrap the requirement to provide proof of vaccination. The other, introduced by Five Star Movement senator Stefano Patuanelli, calls for obligatory vaccinations only in areas where vaccination rates are low, or in cases of epidemics. If approved by the Senate's health committee, the bills would then have to be voted on by the Senate and the House before they become law.

"We need to bring our results to politicians, now that they're drafting legislation on obligatory vaccinations," Marchi says.

Giovanni Maga, a molecular biologist at the National Research Council's Institute of Molecular Genetics in Pavia, worries that, at a time of heated political debate on obligatory vaccinations, the ONB's decision to fund this research could affect public opinion by increasing distrust of vaccines.

But D'Anna rejected this idea. On the contrary, he said, more people will choose to vaccinate their kids if "we could guarantee them the absolute safety of vaccines". D'Anna said that neither he nor the ONB can be in any way defined as 'no-vax', a term that in Italy refers to people who are against vaccinations, and says that he has never questioned the efficacy of vaccines.

"The ONB and the biologists know well the merits of vaccines, and want to know all the rest about their safety," he said.

Ongoing debate

The debate about the donation follows criticism of a conference to celebrate the ONB's 50th anniversary in March. Some academics and scientific societies - including the Italian Society of Hygiene, Preventive Medicine and Public Health - urged the ONB to revise the agenda because they were concerned that anti-vaccine ideas could be promoted, although the ONB rejects this criticism.

Both the donation and the choice of speakers at the March meeting are included in a petition calling for the Ministry of Health, which oversees the governance of the ONB, to remove D'Anna as ONB president. The petition, created by three graduate biology students who formed a group called Biologists for Science in the wake of the controversy over the March meeting, says that these and other actions by the ONB endanger public health and discredit the scientific community.

In a telephone interview with Nature, D'Anna said he won't step down. And in the e-mail interview, he dismissed the seriousness of the petition because it was launched by students. He said that those who want to verify whether "hundreds of biological and chemical impurities" can harm children do not endanger public health.

Lorenzo Elli, a molecular biologist at the Circolo Hospital in Varese who is registered with the ONB, says he signed the petition to show his disapproval for the donation to Corvelva. He says that he considered not renewing his membership, but decided against it because he must be registered with the order to work in public health care.

A spokesperson for the Italian Ministry of Health says that it has received "a report on the matter" of the ONB donation to Corvelva, and that the ministry asked the ONB "to provide information on the subject".

"As soon as the required information has been acquired, the assessments of competence will be carried out," says the spokesperson. The ministry doesn't fund the ONB, but it is tasked with ensuring that the governing board abides by its duties.

randomness