Alternative Medicine

1651 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Dec 15, 2017 - 8:45pm
sierra skier
-
ID

My results were as good as I

My results were as good as I could expect. No changes in size and everything else the radiologist commented on indicates no other health issues. Needless to say I am pleased. I'll likely hear from my Dr. next week after he has the opportunity to read the scan.

Fri, Dec 22, 2017 - 4:54pm
waxybilldupp
-
Flyover land

Gratitude Alt.Med. regulars ...

I'm sure I am but one of many who stop by with some regularity to learn something new. You just don't know because I don't post much and have never contributed here.

However, I have used some of the wisdom and experience I have gleaned here and implement where I can. A work in progress. Other info I set aside to be reviewed and used if/when the wheels start to wobble. I'm dangerously close to 72, and other than slightly elevated BP, seem to be quite healthy. At my annual inspections, doctors sometime question why I bother to stop in. Rarely get sick, even with a common cold. No flu shots for me. I even successfully navigated 11 years in a high school (my retirement job), with most years never taking a sick day. Whenever the kids at school had occasion to guess my age, they always missed by 10-15 years on the low side.

Not sure why everything has kept working this well. Never having smoked probably made a big difference. My youth included a constant flow of home grown veggies and lots of fresh fish and game, and beef and chicken straight from the farm. Seemed normal to me to slaughter 50 chickens on a fall weekend and stock the freezer for winter. Today, the garden is a bit smaller, but I still have to give stuff away to keep up. Venison supply is getting low, but enough to make it to next fall. If the fish would cooperate more, it would be nice.

So, don't think your contributions here are in vain. If I had something interesting to share, I would, but you folks seem to be doing all the heavy lifting and it is noticed and appreciated. Gracias!

Wax off
Fri, Dec 22, 2017 - 5:50pm
NW VIEW

Got Astaxanthin?

https://draxe.com/astaxanthin-benefits/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Field Report:

I told our son about this product and how it is a natural sun screen, internally and he starting taking it every day. He, and part of his family, have been beach bums in Hawaii for the last two weeks. He told me that this is the first time that he never had sun burns. It also has many benefits for boomers like waxybilldupp and I. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sat, Dec 23, 2017 - 9:11am
silver66

Bone broth

Picked up a 1/4 cow yesterday morning from the abattoir. There were lots of bones included.

Popped two into the slow cooker with onions, carrots, vinegar, salt and pepper. I will let go another 18 hours then put into glass jars. It should last me 7-10 days

I had a cup of bone broth when I got up this morning and my oh my was it good. I had forgotten how much I enjoy a cup in the morning on a cold winter day.

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 - 11:44am
NW VIEW

Got organic walnuts and Brazil nuts?

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/seed-and-nut/health-benefit...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I ordered a new supply of organic walnuts from Filmore Farms yesterday:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.fillmorefarms.com/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.bulkfoods.com/54-brazil-nuts.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://draxe.com/brazil-nuts/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First thing, each morning; A shot of organic Goji Berry Juice, one or two Brazil nuts from shell, one or two walnuts from shell and have been doing this for a season. Jim

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 - 5:29pm
NW VIEW

Cancer update

We were at a Christmas party and a woman told Linda that see had breast cancer. Linda told her of her alternative treatments that have worked, coming back from stage 3 BC.

The woman told her that they found a very tiny tumor, cut it out, gave her almost 30 radiation treatments, put her on Tamoxifen and her hair is falling out. I wonder if these women ever look at the side effects of these drugs. This is where a very small cancer may turn into a big problem in time. We would have taken a different route. Jim

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 - 6:59pm
silver66

who posted the recipe for fire vinegar

Just broke out a batch from a year and a half ago for someone who was stuffed up

I have had a couple people staying at house ask for the recipe

I got it from this forum, If it could be posted again I would appreciate

Silver66

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 - 7:13pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Are they going to keep her on

Are they going to keep her on Tamoxifen for 5 or 10 years to continue feeding the pharmaceutical companies? Our friend who was treated is on the drug for 5 years I believe and she feels terrible every day. It is such a shame these women have no idea there are real alternative treatments which are quite successful but buried by the politics, lobbying and greed of the Medical/Pharmaceutical industry.

What I find curious is that our PCP (primary care provider who is a nurse practitioner and neighbor) indicated that my request for an annual chest x-ray and PSA test are no longer recommended because of to many false positives yet they continue to provide annual brest x-ray screening for women. In my opinion our PSA tests are the male parallel to women's breast screening and being a retired cigarette smoker my Mayo Clinic Internist recommended a chest x-ray annually for life. She has included my PSA tests and this year OK ed a cat scan for my chest imaging which did come up with a nodule which has been shown to be benign and a result of rib trauma against the lung wall. Not a false positive but a non issue after further testing.

I would think they would love those false positives so as to provide more treatment and greater profits where none really exist.

I have had two Melanomas, 2002 and 2009. The first was discovered early and I don't recall if it was a stage 1 or very early stage 2 but a 3" scar and plenty of margin resolved the issue without any other treatment. My second was an early stage one and surgically removed and then redone surgically because the margin didn't satisfy my doctor. Of course these were surface and not internal disease but the first was 'rooting' so they cut very deep to get the margin they wanted.

Merry Christmas to all and our prayers for Linda's continued success.

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 - 7:38am
ag1969

Ag66

Here is a recipe:

https://www.mommypotamus.com/fire-cider-recipe/

There are a million recipes for fire cider if you search it, and everyone has their own little twist. I was the one who posted the fire cider way back when, but I am using a different computer now and lost a lot of bookmarks.

Funny you mention Fire Cider though, I had a shot a couple of days ago.

Edit: I just found an old post of mine that had this link:

https://althealthworks.com/9281/the-only-homemade-remedy-you-will-need-t...

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 - 10:35am
sierra skier
-
ID

I can see how fire cider

I can see how fire cider would clear things up, might have to give it a try next time I start to get congested.

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 - 7:26pm sierra skier
NW VIEW

@ sierra skier, ag1969 and others!

I have a really healthy drink that is tough to swallow: (Just drank mine).

Large glass, two heaping tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (organic), 2 oz. of whole leaf aloe vera juice, shot of organic lemon juice, and fill the glass with pure water. If you can drink it down in one gulping, your on your way to health. Jim

>>>>>>>>>

https://draxe.com/apple-cider-vinegar-uses/

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 - 7:42pm
NW VIEW

Johnny's Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Video

Wed, Dec 27, 2017 - 5:06pm
abguy4
-
rochester, NY

All milk was once A2

Devil in the Milk: Illness, Health and the Politics of A1 and A2 Milk

This groundbreaking work is the first internationally published book to examine the link between a protein in the milk we drink and a range of serious illnesses, including heart disease, Type 1 diabetes, autism, and schizophrenia.

These health problems are linked to a tiny protein fragment that is formed when we digest A1 beta-casein, a milk protein produced by many cows in the United States and northern European countries. Milk that contains A1 beta-casein is commonly known as A1 milk; milk that does not is called A2. All milk was once A2, until a genetic mutation occurred some thousands of years ago in some European cattle. A2 milk remains high in herds in much of Asia, Africa, and parts of Southern Europe. A1 milk is common in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, and Europe.

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Milk-Illness-Health-Politics/dp/1603581022/...

Wed, Dec 27, 2017 - 6:55pm
Green Lantern

A Healthier Choice

A nice heart. 100% Pure. Nature.

This one has Heart Foundation approval.

check....

Now read these labels.

Makes you stupid. Brain, digestive, heart problems. Just about everything can go wrong. It's about time...eh?

https://www.naturalnews.com/043948_canola_oil_hidden_health_dangers_food...

Wed, Dec 27, 2017 - 7:23pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Thanks abguy, I never had a

Thanks abguy, I never had a clue there were the two varieties of milk. I don't drink milk and haven't since my growing years except small amounts on cereal, but hat expired years ago. It is quite incredible that the FDA and the producers have kept this quiet for so long. Our regulatory agencies are so corrupt and bought off.

GL. canola oil has been on our do not use list for quite some time.

My biggest confusion is coffee. One week it is great for ya and the next week you are gonna die if you drink it. None of those regular statements for or against have caused my wife or I to change our coffee consumption for the 34 years we have been married. We are doing fine for our age as seniors and continue to enjoy or morning beverage black.

Wed, Dec 27, 2017 - 8:08pm sierra skier
Green Lantern

sierra skier wrote:My

sierra skier wrote:

My biggest confusion is coffee. One week it is great for ya and the next week you are gonna die if you drink it. None of those regular statements for or against have caused my wife or I to change our coffee consumption for the 34 years we have been married. We are doing fine for our age as seniors and continue to enjoy or morning beverage black.

I quit maybe 10 years ago???

I didn't quit because it wasn't good for me. I quit because it made me feel bad. Coffee would be a drug for me. Waay too intense for the adrenals.

I know alot of people that drink coffee in their 70's, in their 80's and in their 90's. Who am I to tell somebody that reaches 8 and 9 decades to stop something because it's unhealthy for you?

You would know it if you needed to quit.

However, I wouldn't call it a health food.

Sun, Dec 31, 2017 - 10:46pm
silver66

a false choice

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 - 10:23am
NW VIEW

A new year, planning ahead!

One should consider having a healthy lifestyle "if" they want to remain on the planet. By the time we are 60, we better have changed a few things. By the time we are 70, many of our high school friends have passed onward. That is just how it is!

Bill, Ron and I, spent lots of fun times in Bill's 1956 red Dodge. We were grade school and high school buddies. Like most, we were not in contact with each other over the last 50+ years. I did check on Bill, a few months ago, he was sickly and packing around an oxygen tank, weak and staying at home and passed away. I knew Ron lived south of us and I see in his local paper that he also passed onward a few days ago. For our trio, I am riding alone.

You can allow these events to rob our joy and become depressed OR, we can do a better job of eating a proper diet, and walk those miles every day. Getting off of smokes , sugar, beer and too many pizzas. There has been enough postings, on this forum, to shine a light on health but one must also take some action. Wash that face, put on a smile, take a shot of goji berry juice, eat that Brazil nut, eat that garlic, and buy that organic food.

I plan on being here for a long haul. Goodbye to my buddies, Bill and Ron. Jim

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 - 9:51am
ag1969

Two Ingredient Turmeric Bombs to Fight Inflammation

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 - 10:45am
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Tumeric/Curcumin and ACV are a great palliative

Recommended for GERD and other intestinal woes.

BTW I can only guess at this moment but the flu shot is not working. The pneumonia shot is questionable. Wifeys got the fucking Capt Tripps I'll get her to our doctor today. Australia seems to be ground zero for a new flu that spreading. That's anecdotal at best but worth watching. Nothing like using a large island as a petri dish

If the bad guys are being hit hard they'll dump the whole tool chest on the world while they fight a rear guard action.

AGXIIK

Contribute

Donate Shop

Recent Comments

Forum Discussion

by AGXIIK, Oct 20, 2019 - 5:58pm
by SteveW, Oct 20, 2019 - 4:09pm
by Solsson, Oct 20, 2019 - 12:30pm
by sierra skier, Oct 20, 2019 - 11:30am
by Green Lantern, Oct 20, 2019 - 8:17am