Last post
Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 1:34am
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Federal Reserve pays a tax to US Treasury

U.S. Code › Title 12 › Chapter 4 › Subchapter. II › § 541

12 U.S. Code § 541 - Tax on circulating notes generally

Current through Pub. L. 113-185. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code

Notes

prev | next

In lieu of all existing taxes, every association shall pay to the Treasurer of the United States, in the months of January and July, a duty of one-half of 1 per centum each half year upon the average amount of its notes in circulation.

Does this tax include notes that are digital?

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 1:50am
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

U.S. Code › Title 26 ›

U.S. Code › Title 26 › Subtitle A › Chapter 4 › § 1473

26 U.S. Code § 1473 - Definitions

Current through Pub. L. 113-185. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code

Notes

Authorities (CFR)

prev | next

For purposes of this chapter—

5) Foreign entity

The term “foreign entity” means any entity which is not a United States person.

CFR › Title 22 › Chapter I › Subchapter M › Part 120 › Section 120.14

22 CFR 120.14 - Person.

There are 2 Updates appearing in the Federal Register for 22 CFR 120. View below or at eCFR (GPOAccess)

CFR

Updates

Authorities (U.S. Code)

Rulemaking

prev | next

§ 120.14 Person.

Person means a natural person as well as a corporation, business association, partnership, society, trust, or any other entity, organization or group, including governmental entities. If a provision in this subchapter does not refer exclusively to a foreign person (§ 120.16) or U.S. person (§ 120.15), then it refers to both.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 7:52am
Spartacus Rex

Alright, Let's Update...

First off thank you Undecided, for that courtesy and remembrance of all who serve/have served.

Re: "Is it so simple as just using coins and rejecting all use of frns?"

Perhaps you are familiar with:

"When the solution is simple, God is answering." Albert Einstein

Unfortunately however, as things stand right now it is neither practical nor wise to "reject all use of frns", as no one in their right mind and exercising their God given commonsense, would pay their utility bills, or even buy as much as a postage stamp, using their honest lawful money of gold and silver Coins, since the Complicit Corporate Rat Bastards (CCRB) will not give any higher value for these at the moment, versus the worthless fiat paper FRN IOUs, or the clad base metal slugs presently masquerading as legitimate U.S. Coins.

So when these CCRBs hand you a lemon, what do you do?

You make lemonade!

Lawful Money, just like Law, are simply Tools, given to us by our Creator.

What good are tools if they just lie there going unused, and what good are we if we do not make the effort to learn how to use these tools properly?

Ergo, it is wise and prudent to learn to use the Law and Lawful Money properly so that you and yours become stronger, and since the CCRBs are so enamored with counterfeited fiat paper IOUs, learn to use them properly to shovel them down their throats and Starve the Beast.

@ silver66

“We get into trouble with FNR's and taxes because we claim that which is not ours to claim?”

We get into trouble with FRNs, by not understanding:

1. The Banksters' true purpose for creating them in the first place, ala the famous quote by Rothschild which I trust everyone herein is familiar with.

2. That the Banksters' wordart euphemism “fractional reserve banking” actually means de facto sanctioned counterfeiting.

3. That there are no longer any restrictions on how many of their paper FRN IOUs can be created, thus constantly diluting the purchasing power of existing outstanding FRN IOUs held by Americans and countless foreign Countries compelled into using the Banksters' “World Reserve currency” thanks to LBJ back in 1968 signing into law the provision totally removing the previous provisions in law requiring Banksters to maintain a 30% reserve in Gold or Gold Certificates in proportion to the amount of FRNs in circulation, thus compelling Nixon to subsequently slam the Gold Window shut to prevent the Rothschild's other foreign Central Banks from totally cleaning out America's remaining Gold stockpile with their worthless, printed out of thin air, “fractionally reserved” (ie counterfeited) paper IOUs, since under the Bretton Woods Agreement, these foreign CB's were the only ones allowed to redeem fiat for the American's Gold. Jimmy Carter later exacerbated the Banksters' thievery with the Act he signed into law in 1980 (those who read G. Edward Griffin's book: The Creature from Jekyll Island are undoubtedly aware of most of this)

4. Thus as the counterfeited FRN currency drops in value, prices naturally rise (inflation is the Bankster euphemism) in response to same. The result? Higher TAXES! All types of taxes. Sales Taxes, Property Taxes, and worst of all, “Income Taxes”

What is the “Sales Tax” on an item purchased with a mere dime? ZERO, it doesn't even register. Now there are numerous “inflation calculators” existing on the internet, however let's use the one provided by one of the phederal reserve banks @ https://www.minneapolisfed.org/ (copy & paste link into browser if hyperlink doesn't work) On the right hand side of the webpage under “What is a dollar worth?” simply enter the year 1913 (year Phederal Reserve created) then for value of “goods or services” enter .10 (ie a dime) then enter present year 2014 and simply hit the “Calculate” button, and presto, what do we see? $2.39 O.K., what is the “Sales Tax” on the now required “$2.39” (Gee, aren't we suckers?)

The same applies to the insidious scams of present day Property Tax assessments and even the so called “Capital Gains” Tax. Whereas someone's property tax paid on their home should rightfully be based solely upon the purchase price paid for same, rather than the scam of Assessors using “assessed values” which ultimately forces retirees and widows to sell their homes when their fixed incomes no longer can keep up with the ever increasing “property value” assessments each year, only to have insult added to injury, and salt rubbed into the wound by having to face a “Capital Gains” Tax Mirage caused solely due to the drop in value of the constantly counterfeited Banksters fiat FRN IOUs currency, and just like the phoney (arrived at in counterfeited fiat FRN IOUs) amount used in regards to “Income Taxes”, if one does not immediately present those IOU debt obligations for redemption into actual U.S. Dollars / Money of Account of the United States, they will otherwise find themselves duped into, and subsequently assessed with a Tax Liability which is nothing more than a Mirage / Banksters' Scam.

Re: “Thinking outside of their box” / “Born Again”? Listen to Apostle Paul @ Romans 12:2 for that matter, read all of Romans 12 and memorize it. It doesn't hurt to study Proverbs and learn to appreciate the priceless value of the wisdom contained therein.

O.K. Now for Boomer. I see you are still all over the place and looking into rabbit holes. Nevertheless kudos on finding the Coinage Act of 1792 however you chose to only share Section 9 herein. Did you read it all the way through? Because Section 20 is pretty damned important! Even Sections 16 and 19 shouldn't be ignored/overlooked. You also didn't link your source for the benefit of other readers to check for themselves.

I prefer to use this one: https://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=001/llsl001.db&recNum=369

(again copy&paste into browser if link does not work properly)

Simply click on the “Next Image” at the bottom of each page to advance to the subsequent pages.

It doesn't look like you have made too much effort in trying to uncover how the fraud was pulled off in the Milam case either, which is unfortunate since such would allow you to easily overcome any black robed confederate's attempt to dupe you into accepting that “legal tender” substitute for “lawful money”

Anyone else care to not have the wool pulled over their eyes, and consider that perhaps not all things are as they seem, or does everybody enjoy being played for fools and made to look like idiots who just fell off of the turnip truck?

Think Outside of Their Box, People!

Here's a Clue that might help. Simply fill in the Blanks:

An (Asst U.S.) ( ) who ( ) himself, has a ( ) for a client!

(ie Boomer) “got screwed” my a**, your a**, and everyone else's a**, with the exception of the Banksters of course.

Got to leave for work now.

Cheers, S. Rex

Paper is poverty,...it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself" President Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington 1788

Leviticus 19:36; Deuteronomy 25:15-16
Proverbs 20:10;23
I John 4:6

Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, Get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a
prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty
to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude
is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his
guilt. John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

Frederick Douglass, "If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress"

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 10:40am
silver66

SR-- let's update

Here is a clip that is in the theme of your post

Blue Pill or Red Pill - The Matrix (2/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD

Lawful money is just, right and proper. Lawful money can not be fractionally created/counterfeited as per Leviticus 19:36 and Proverbs 20:10.

you must make your demand to power as per Fredrick Douglas. If we do not demand then they presume we consent to use their currency. We must transform our fiat to lawful by demand.

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 10:45am
silver66

more thoughts on lawful money

I took this from a poster who goes by chex on another site.

I post as I think it is along the lines of your questioning to us

When Pinkerton was asked what is a dollar he said you take a one hundred dollar bill and cash it for one hundred singles it’s the same thing.

The word "dollar" is one of the words in the first paragraph of Section 9 of Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution. In that context, "dollars" is a reference to the Spanish milled dollar, a coin that had a monetary value of 8 Spanish units of currency, or reales.

In 1792 the U.S. Congress adopted legislation titled An act establishing a mint, and regulating the Coins of the United States.
Section 9 of that act authorized the production of various coins, including "DOLLARS OR UNITS—each to be of the value of a Spanish milled dollar as the same is now current, and to contain three hundred and seventy-one grains and four sixteenth parts of a grain of pure, or four hundred and sixteen grains of standard silver".

Section 20 of the act provided, "That the money of account of the United States shall be expressed in dollars, or units... and that all accounts in the public offices and all proceedings in the courts of the United States shall be kept and had in conformity to this regulation".
In other words, this act designated the United States dollar as the unit of currency of the United States. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar

People are confused on this point because of the insidious manner in which FRNs "evolved" - actually, degenerated is a more appropriate verb - from the late 1920s until today.

FRNs of Series 1928 through Series 1950E carried the obligation "The United States of America will pay to the bearer on demand [some number of] dollars.”
Prior to 1934, the notes carried the inscription "Redeemable in gold on demand at the United States Treasury, or in gold or lawful money at any Federal Reserve Bank.”

After 1934, the notes carried the inscription "this note * * * is redeemable in lawful money at the United States Treasury, or at any Federal Reserve Bank" (post-1934).

Starting with Series 1963, the words "will pay to the bearer on demand" no longer appear; and each FRN simply states a particular denomination in "dollars.” https://www.constitution.org/mon/what_is_a_dollar.htm

United States coins. The situation with coinage is more complex, but equally (if not more) confusing. The United States Code provides for three different types of coinage denominated in "dollars": namely, base- metallic coinage, gold coinage, and silver coinage.

(1) The base-metallic coinage consists of "a dollar coin,” weighing "8.1 grams,” "a half dollar coin,” weighing "11.34 grams"; "a quarter coin,” weighing "5.67 grams": and "a dime coin,” weighing "2.268 grams.”8 All of these coins are composed of copper and nickel.9 The weights of the dime, the quarter, and the half dollar are in the correct arithmetical proportions, the one to each of the others.10 But the "dollar" is disproportionately light (or the other coins disproportionately heavy). In this series of base metallic coins, then, the questions naturally arise: Is the "dollar" a cupro-nickel coin weighing "8.1 grams"? Or is it two cupro- nickel coins (or four or ten coins) collectively weighing 22.68 grams? Or is it both? Or is it neither, but something else altogether, to which the weights of these coins are irrelevant?

(2) Similarly, the gold coinage consists of "[a] fifty dollar gold coin" that "weighs 33.931 grams, and contains one troy ounce of fine gold"; "[a] twenty-five dollar gold coin" that "contains one-half ounce of fine gold"; "[a] ten dollar gold coin" that "contains one fourth ounce of fine gold"; and "[a] five dollar gold coin" that "contains one tenth ounce of fine gold.”11 The "fifty dollar,” "twenty-five dollar,” and "five dollar" coins are in the correct arithmetical proportions each to the others. But the "ten dollar" coin is not. Therefore, is a "dollar" one-fiftieth or one-fortieth of an ounce of gold? Or both? Or neither?
The present monetary statutes do not define the “dollar” intelligibly.
a. Federal Reserve Notes. Most people mistake the Federal Reserve Note (FRN) “dollar bill” for a “dollar.” But no statute defines or ever defined the “one dollar” FRN as the “dollar” or even a “dollar.” Moreover, the United States Code provides that FRNs “shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States . . . or at any Federal Reserve bank.”3Thus, if FRNs are not themselves “lawful money,” they cannot be “dollars,” the units in which all “United States money is expressed.”

b. United States coins. The situation with coinage is equally confusing. The United States Code provides for base-metallic coinage, gold coinage, and silver coinage, all denominated in “dollars.” The base-metallic coinage includes “a dollar coin,” weighing “8.1 grams,” and composed of copper and nickel.4The gold coinage includes a “fifty dollar gold coin” that “weighs 33.931 grams, and contains one troy ounce of fine gold.”5Finally, the silver coinage consists of a coin that is inscribed “One Dollar,” weighs “31.103 grams,” and contains one ounce of “.999 fine silver.”6What is the rational relationship between this “dollar” of 31.103 grams of silver, a “fifty- dollar” coin containing 33.931 grams of gold alloy, and a “dollar” containing “8.1 grams” of base metals? Obviously, these are not the amounts of the metals that exchange against each other in the free market—that is, the different weights of different metals do not reflect equivalent purchasing powers. So, on what theory are each of these disparate weights, and purchasing powers, equally “dollars”?

c. Currency of “equal purchasing power.” The United States Code mandates that the latter question should not even be capable of being asked. https://fee.org/the_freeman/detail/what-is-a-dollar/

Silver66

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 8:15pm
Undecided
-
TN

Im all over the place

I deployed the Alpha Strategy a couple of years ago. This seems to be a good logical defense. Are there other things I could be doing?

Second I have learned that there is public money and private money. It seems that public money is not taxable and that private money is taxable and my use of it proves that I owe an income tax. Where is a good starting point that takes me from being aware to being proactive?

Also and this could be a dumb questions but did I read correctly that I could take my bullion to the mint and have currency created for me? Section 14 of chapter 16 at : https://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=001/llsl001.db&recNum=369

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 8:50pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

@ Undecided

"Where is a good starting point that takes me from being aware to being proactive?"

That is a great question! This is the reason I started this thread.

I am at the point of staring at the bottle, but cannot figure out how to get the lid off. The pill lies within and so far all I have done is push the bottle around the table.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 9:09pm
Undecided
-
TN

Boomer Sooner

I really appreciate this thread. Above and beyond anything else in this forum it is the nuts and bolts!!!!! I trully believe that if we grasp this everything else just goes away and becomes a side show. I am getting burned out as well. Perhaps I shall take up the challenge of why the fraud was pulled of in Milam case as well. That will take some time but for what its worth Im with ya.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 9:30pm (Reply to #50)
silver66

Interesting sentence-- as old as scriptures

"show me the tribute money"

Matthew 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

Now is there a significance to the penny?

Silver66

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 9:47pm
Undecided
-
TN

I believe in this paragraph we have our answer

The very last sentence says a lot.

This came from https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/110/421

"The act of January 14, 1875, c. 15, 'to provide for the resumption of specie payments,' enacted that on and after January 1, 1879, 'the secretary of the treasury shall redeem in coin the United States legal tender notes then out-standing, on their presentation for redemption at the office of the assistant treasurer of the United States in the city of New York, in sums of not less than fifty dollars;' and authorized him to use for that purpose any surplus revenues in the treasury and the proceeds of the sales of certain bonds of the United States. 18 St. 296. The act of May 31, 1878, c. 146, under which the notes in question were reissued, is entitled 'An act to forbid the further retirement of United States legal tender notes,' and enacts as follows: 'From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful for the secretary of the treasury or other officer under him to cancel or retire any more of the United States legal tender notes. And when any of said notes may be redeemed or be received into the treasury under any law, from any source whatever, and shall belong to the United States, they shall not be retired, canceled or destroyed, but they shall be reissued and paid out again and kept in circulation: provided, that nothing herein shall prohibit the cancellation and destruction of mutilated notes and the issue of other notes of like denomination in their stead, as now provided by law. All acts and parts of acts in conflict herewith are hereby repealed.' 20 St. 87."

The congress shall have power.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 10:15pm
Undecided
-
TN

I see

where US treasury notes are capable of paying private debts. What we need is some plain english!!! Im in it but not of it! See yal tomorrow.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 10:23pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

From Undecided above " And

From Undecided above

" And when any of said notes may be redeemed or be received into the treasury under any law, from any source whatever, and shall belong to the United States, they shall not be retired, canceled or destroyed, but they shall be reissued and paid out again and kept in circulation"

Kept in circulation? I have never seen one in circ. Stopped by the LCS today to chat for a few minutes and asked if he had US notes, Yes a few (8-10), Federal Reserve Bank Note, Yes (3). Most of the paper notes were $300+, one he was asking $900, for a 10 spot!

Now I can say I have at least held one. Hopefully the rest were not in the sub floors in New York during the hurricane.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

" The issuance of United States Notes is subject to limitations established by Congress. It established a statutory limitation of $300 million on the amount of United States Notes authorized to be outstanding and in circulation. While this was a significant figure in Civil War days, it is now a very small fraction of the total currency in circulation in the United States. "

Now does "outstanding and in circulation" include the ones at the LCS that are up to 90x face value?

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 11:09pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Todays coin specifics 31 U.S. Code § 5112

31 U.S. Code § 5112 - Denominations, specifications, and design of coins

(a) The Secretary of the Treasury may mint and issue only the following coins:

(1) a dollar coin that is 1.043 inches in diameter.

(2) a half dollar coin that is 1.205 inches in diameter and weighs 11.34 grams.

(3) a quarter dollar coin that is 0.955 inch in diameter and weighs 5.67 grams.

(4) a dime coin that is 0.705 inch in diameter and weighs 2.268 grams.

(5) a 5-cent coin that is 0.835 inch in diameter and weighs 5 grams.

(6) except as provided under subsection (c) of this section, a one-cent coin that is 0.75 inch in diameter and weighs 3.11 grams.

(7) A fifty dollar gold coin that is 32.7 millimeters in diameter, weighs 33.931 grams, and contains one troy ounce of fine gold.

(8) A twenty-five dollar gold coin that is 27.0 millimeters in diameter, weighs 16.966 grams, and contains one-half troy ounce of fine gold.

(9) A ten dollar gold coin that is 22.0 millimeters in diameter, weighs 8.483 grams, and contains one-fourth troy ounce of fine gold.

(10) A five dollar gold coin that is 16.5 millimeters in diameter, weighs 3.393 grams, and contains one-tenth troy ounce of fine gold.

(11) A $50 gold coin that is of an appropriate size and thickness, as determined by the Secretary, weighs 1 ounce, and contains 99.99 percent pure gold.

(12) A $25 coin of an appropriate size and thickness, as determined by the Secretary, that weighs 1 troy ounce and contains .9995 fine palladium.

(b) The half dollar, quarter dollar, and dime coins are clad coins with 3 layers of metal. The 2 identical outer layers are an alloy of 75 percent copper and 25 percent nickel. The inner layer is copper. The outer layers are metallurgically bonded to the inner layer and weigh at least 30 percent of the weight of the coin. The dollar coin shall be golden in color, have a distinctive edge, have tactile and visual features that make the denomination of the coin readily discernible, be minted and fabricated in the United States, and have similar metallic, anti-counterfeiting properties as United States coinage in circulation on the date of enactment of the United States $1 Coin Act of 1997. The 5-cent coin is an alloy of 75 percent copper and 25 percent nickel. In minting 5-cent coins, the Secretary shall use bars that vary not more than 2.5 percent from the percent of nickel required. Except as provided under subsection (c) of this section, the one-cent coin is an alloy of 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc. In minting gold coins, the Secretary shall use alloys that vary not more than 0.1 percent from the percent of gold required. The specifications for alloys are by weight.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5112

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 11:29pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

I somehow feel this is

I somehow feel this is pertinent.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_803

Rule 803. Exceptions to the Rule Against Hearsay

(14) Records of Documents That Affect an Interest in Property. The record of a document that purports to establish or affect an interest in property if:

(A) the record is admitted to prove the content of the original recorded document, along with its signing and its delivery by each person who purports to have signed it;

(B) the record is kept in a public office; and

(C) a statute authorizes recording documents of that kind in that office.

(15) Statements in Documents That Affect an Interest in Property. A statement contained in a document that purports to establish or affect an interest in property if the matter stated was relevant to the document’s purpose — unless later dealings with the property are inconsistent with the truth of the statement or the purport of the document.

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 2:48pm
Undecided
-
TN

I found this.

https://stormthunder.com/#axzz3Iyi0UAVo

This is one of those places you want to believe but well you just can't because there are no references nor is there anyone successfully using it. If there were it would seem that it would be formatted for useless idiots like me. I no im not an idiot but if there really was a way out that worked the road less traveled would be a 10 lane highway.

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 9:52pm
silver66

some interesting links on Law and Lawful

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 10:56pm
Spartacus Rex

Re: Update

What?

No one has yet attempted to fill in the blanks?

An ( ) who ( ) himself, has a ( ) for a client!

Or has otherwise even heard of that well known saying?

Doesn't speak well of anyone's chances of playing on the Wheel of Fortune.

I told you. The primary Key to unlocking your chains is the Milam case, so stop wasting time and start exercising your commonsense, and start trying to see if you can figure out the flaws therein, and grasp not only how, but why (their motivation) of pulling off the fraud therein.

I provided you with a huge clue posted yesterday / above (notice the difference in the blanks to be filled in?)

The purpose of this exercise is to start getting you in the habit of exercising your own logical and critical thinking skills, and start thinking Outside of the Box /their Box on your own two feet, hopefully so that you will also use such skills to successfully avoid wasting time chasing down f*n rabbit holes. Ergo try connecting the dots first to get to the answers, rather than being forever dependent upon others to simply give them out.

I am trying to teach you all, how to fish, rather than simply give you a fish.

Cheers, S. Rex

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 11:02pm (Reply to #78)
silver66

update

a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client

Silver66

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 11:17pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

When You Have a Fool for a

When You Have a Fool for a Client

by John W. Amberg

(County Bar Update, April 2001, Vol. 21, No. 4)

When You Have a Fool for a Client

By John W. Amberg, vice chair, LACBA Professional Responsibility & Ethics Committee. Amberg is a partner with the law firm of Bryan Cave LLP in Santa Monica. The opinions expressed are his own.

Amberg wishes to thank Diane L. Karpman for her help in the preparation of this article. Karpman of Karpman & Associates in Los Angeles represents attorneys in disciplinary matters and is an expert consultant and witness on legal ethics issues. She is chair of LACBA’s Professional Responsibility & Ethics Committee.

The adage that "a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client" is the product of years of experience by seasoned litigators, the Supreme Court has remarked. See, Kay v. Ehrler, 499 U.S. 432, 438 (1991). But do all lawyers know why? Though the adage is familiar, many lawyers and law firms continue to represent themselves in disputes, often with disastrous results.

https://www.lacba.org/showpage.cfm?pageid=2044

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 11:33pm
Spartacus Rex

Congratulations Silver66

And Milam was represented was he not?

Now add back in the parenthesis clue I gave yesterday, and grasp why Milam was no patriot or doing any one of Us, any favors. Ergo my particular response to Boomer's "Milam got screwed" post

An Attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Cheers, S. REx