Lawful Money

196 posts / 0 new
Last post
boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Hat Tips: 6902
Lawful Money

I am starting this thread to discuss and gain more information about the use of Lawful Money.

12 US Code § 411.  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/12/411

"Federal reserve notes, to be issued at the discretion of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for the purpose of making advances to Federal reserve banks through the Federal reserve agents...They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States...or at any Federal Reserve Bank."

DEFINITION OF 'LAWFUL MONEY'

Any form of currency issued by the United States Treasury and not the Federal Reserve System, including gold and silver coins, Treasury notes, and Treasury bonds. Lawful money stands in contrast to fiat money, to which the government assigns value although it has no intrinsic value of its own and is not backed by reserves. Fiat money includes legal tender such as paper money, checks, drafts and bank notes. 

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'LAWFUL MONEY'

Oddly enough, the dollar bills that we carry around in our wallets are not considered lawful money. The notation on the bottom of a U.S. dollar bill reads "Legal Tender for All Debts, Public and Private", and is issued by the U.S. Federal Reserve, not the U.S. Treasury. Legal tender can be exchanged for an equivalent amount of lawful money, but effects such as inflation can change the value of fiat money. Lawful money is said to be the most direct form of ownership, but for purposes of practicality it has little use in direct transactions between parties anymore.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lawfulmoney.asp

From the Federal Reserve website

"What is lawful money? How is it different from legal tender?

"Lawful money" is a term used in the Federal Reserve Act, the act that authorizes the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to issue Federal Reserve notes. The Act states that Federal Reserve notes "shall be obligations of the United States and shall be receivable by all national and member banks and Federal reserve banks and for all taxes, customs, and other public dues. They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States, in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or at any Federal Reserve bank." The Act did not, however, define the term "lawful money," but up until 1913, the only currency issued by the United States that was legally recognized as "lawful money" was various issues of "demand notes" (subsequently known as "old demand notes") and "United States notes" authorized by Congress during the Civil War.

At the time, some currency was not considered legal tender, although it could be used by national banking associations as "lawful money reserves." Thus, the term "lawful money" had a broader meaning than the term "legal tender." 

In 1933, Congress changed the law so that all U.S. coins and currency (including Federal Reserve notes), regardless of when issued, constitutes "legal tender" for all purposes. Federal and state courts since then have repeatedly held that Federal Reserve notes are also "lawful money." Milam v. U.S., 524 F.2d 629 (9th Cir. 1974), is typical of the federal and state court cases holding that Federal Reserve notes are "lawful money." In Milam, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reviewed a judgment denying relief to an individual who sought to redeem a $50 Federal Reserve Bank Note in "lawful money." The United States tendered Milam $50 in Federal Reserve notes, but Milam refused the notes, asserting that "lawful money" must be gold or silver. The Ninth Circuit, noting that this matter had been put to rest by the U.S. Supreme Court nearly a century before in the Legal Tender Cases (Juilliard v. Greenman), 110 U.S. 421 (1884), rejected this assertion as frivolous and affirmed the judgment.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_15197.htm

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
The hole is deep

A good primer.  I have a few issues with how bonds are being used/described in the link, but overall does a very good job.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/convincing.html

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
Hat Tips: 13797
Nice Thread Boomer Sooner...

Now on which thread at the link provided did you want me to go and comment on?

Cheers, S. Rex

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
@ Boomer Sooner...

I would use your initials too, except, well you know...laugh

1) Be careful on whose definitions you choose to rely upon

2) Phederal Reserve website is not an authority, nor one which could be confidently cited as such in any U.S. Court of Law

3) There is an enormous difference between "legal tender" and "lawful money", and yet look how often TPTB repeatedly attempt to blur those lines.

4) If you are unfamiliar with the flaws in the Milam case, and the fraud perpetuated therein, I would suggest you double down on your research and learn the facts and truth of the matter, before swallowing any more crap from the Phederal Reserve's website.

Cheers, S. Rex

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Two videos to watch

The videos are referenced on the Saving Suitors site.  The suitors are a group of people that are redeeming legal tender, Federal Reserve Notes, for Lawful Money, US Treasury Notes.

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthread.php?148-How-to-use-this-Lesson-Plan/

Public money vs Private credit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1EaV_bU7VImYmZlMTU5ZGQtYTIyZi00NjZjLWIyMzctOWFkZjhhZDM1MGEy/preview

Federal Reserve Act -Remedy

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1EaV_bU7VImNjA0NTQ5MTItNTg2Mi00N2QyLWE5Y2UtMDMzNGU0YWE3NWE5/preview?hl=en#

Undecided
Undecided's picture
Hat Tips: 278
SR

This looks like a good ground zero to expound upon your infinite wisdom. From start to finish.

silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 14006
Boomer sooner

looking forward to the insights that will be learned and reveled on this thread

Silver66

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

Undecided
Undecided's picture
Hat Tips: 278
Me too.

SR is perfectly fitted for it.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Spartacus Rex

You are the reason I started down this path.  You mentioned mannnny moons ago about the use of lawful money v Phederal paper.

A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.  There are more of us on TFMR who are looking for enlightenment in this subject.  I am not a legal scholar, obviously, so a layman am I trying to find truth.

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
@ Boomer

Glad that you decided to look into the matter.

Now, what precisely was it that you wanted me to comment on at the link you provided on the Main St thread?

David Merrill's remarks? Or?

Edit: Sorry, got David's last name wrong.

Cheers, S. Rex

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Sorry to just be pasting

Sorry to just be pasting links, but at this point all info seems necessary.

Remedy is the theme to freedom from what I am gathering.  

http://iuvdeposit.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/indorsed-bill-remedy/

Add-I am going through old links I have saved and adding them for topics of discussion.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Thanks S. Rex

I have gotten deep enough into FIRST MIDDLE LAST v. First Middle to get myself in trouble and possible jail time.

At this point I am trying to find the beginning and start a step by step program to de-program.  Many writings I am finding do not address the start locale, hence the confusion on my part.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Usufruct Surrender Remedy

Usufruct Surrender Remedy ANNOUNCEMENT: See my new blog about this new remedy at http://usufructremedy.blogspot.com Watch the below Youtube 3/1/2014 video series by Boris on the “Usufruct Surrender” remedy to see how it fits with this “Indorsed Bill Remedy“:

TIP: Click http://www.convert-youtube.org/ to save and convert video to an MP3 audio file.  Also study this related UCC-1 filing and UCC-3 filing.  Click on the Document Number links at bottom of page. Also read Boris’s OUTLINE for more research material.  Here is an alternate link to this research. Here is Boris’s 5/17/2014 update video: 
Here is a webcast with Jim Hebin, a friend of Boris: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/evolvequest/2014/05/29/the-path-of-the-peaceful-inhabitant-wjim-hebin More discussions about Boris’s approach can be found on another blog in a post entitled “Usufruct Surrender Remedy“, and also in this thread.  

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
@ Boomer

Let's keep you out of the gray bar hotel O.K.?

Now can you explain to me, as apparently I am either suffering from a brain fart, or old timers' disease, what was it that you wanted me to comment on, in regards to the link you left on the Main St. thread?

I went there, and there are umpteen threads therein, and I simply do not have the time to read each and every one of them, so how about providing a little help in explaining how I can help / "comment" on WHAT?

Cheers, S. Rex

Edit use the Comments Button /Page to keep up with the new posts and then click on same to bring you back to the Thread!

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Sorry about not keeping up

Reading other sites as well as this one.

My original question to you was vague at best.  My goal was to get a "Yes or No" as to whether I was on the right track in investigating the Saving Suitors site or wasting my time.

If yes, do you have a point to start.  I would be assuming you are familiar with the site and the contents.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
Looks promising

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthread.php?1193-I-am-looking

"My message is for David Merrill. Dave I have been helping people do the demanding
lawful money process for four years now. So far for the 2013 demanding lawful money
year, everyone has gotten their full tax refunds from both the state and the federal
taxing agencies. One friend that I helped even got a letter from the IRS saying
that there was a small judgement against them and that the money would be taken out
of their refund. I just received notice yesterday that the person just got their
full federal refund net of the money due the judgement creditor. I have other
interesting experiences people have had w/the IRS while demanding lawful money, but
the bottom line is that the demanding lawful money process, done right, works!

I am saying that all my clients have received their full tax refunds as of today.
One of the clients that I work with received more than $35,000 in total refunds and
this is the fourth year that they have gotten all their tax withholding back.
Just some good news for your group. Thank you again for the concept."

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
@ Boomer

Look Boomer, if you want to be successful, learn to live by the Rule of K.I.S.S. 

Keep It Simple, Solomon (or choose your own, Simon, Stupid, etc.,)

Every thing you have linked simply takes up way too much time by far, or otherwise wastes too much time covering issues that simply do not matter.

Yes there is a direct connection to certain obligations by simply using FRNs to discharge debts, versus first redeeming them to remove any potential filing requirements or incurring an "Income Tax" liability owed.

Have you read the Juiliard case (110 U.S. 421) ?

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/110/421/case.html 

Read the Milam Case? 

http://federal-circuits.vlex.com/vid/mobley-milam-united-america-appellees-36811796 

And are confident that you completely grasp the context, actual lawful obligations involving these two cases, and thus can spot the flaws, and the blatant fraud committed in the Milam case?

Cheers, S. Rex

Karankawa
Karankawa's picture
Hat Tips: 6770
Boomer, I started watching one of your videos.

It was over an hour and got off to a slow start.  Thank you so much for your efforts.  But I think my time is better spent by tending my own garden and raising my OWN meat.

I KNOW HOW CORRUPT THE SYSTEM IS.  I've challenged it all the way to the Supreme Court of Texas.

Walking away from it is the only answer I can find.  I'm NOT running from America, I'm running away from the corruption that has decieved us from our founding.

God Bless

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
A starting place, thanks!

As to complete comprehension of what is contained in the cases, I will probably need to gain some insight from some legal friends.

boomer sooner
boomer sooner's picture
@ Karankawa

I understand the frustration!  I am just trying to learn and educate myself as to how to guide my children.  I feel that in the not too distant future, being in "the system" may not be healthy.  If I can extract myself and then help guide others to same, the course of correcting the wrongs in our country (US) may start a path of true freedom that was to be peoples, not the Banking interests.

My interest lies not only in tax relief, but the MAN having his thumb on my head and at anytime may come collect the ultimate prize.

Spartacus Rex
Spartacus Rex's picture
@ Boomer

Your Welcome.

Now are you interested in learning as much as possible about the issues and remedies that matter, as fast as possible, without wasting a whole lot of time chasing down rabbit holes, or being duped into shelling out bux to some paytriotforprofit guru trying to sell a "new and improved" Magic, Silver Bullet cure?

Cheers, S. Rex

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Lawful Money"