Main Street, Town Square, Turdville

5829 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 12:51am
Spartacus Rex

Re: Private Sector

Hmm, I noticed that while it mentioned Nurses, M.D.s were coincidentally (ie conspicuously ) missing

Cheers, S. Rex

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 12:53am Spartacus Rex
Hammer
-
Somewhere over the rainbow

Spartacus Rex wrote:0%

Spartacus Rex wrote:

0% ?

Nice to be appreciated isn't it?

Cheers, S. Rex

Represents the move from the public purse having bugger all money (hence teachers, police and public officials getting no pay increase - except politicians lol) to the private sector (in the extreme example given for effect, bankers, as they represent the upper end of the private sector) having a lot of money (relatively speaking.) Meanwhile the rest of the private sector is getting squeezed by increasing taxes and penalties and general devaluation of their currency worldwide as well as rising costs for the basics (in the form of outright raises in staples or a reduction in size for the same price etc).

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 1:08am
Spartacus Rex

"Liberty" Dollar's Founder, Bernard von Nothaus'...

Motions For Post Conviction Relief were denied.

https://www.gata.org/node/14697

Duh!

And all of GATA's efforts to defend same were a complete waste of time, just as I told GATA's Chris Powell three and a half years ago!

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

U.S. Constitution- Article I Section 8, Clauses 5 and 6

as well as:

18 USC 486

"Whoever, except as authorized by law, makes or utters or passes, or attempts to utter or pass, any coins of gold or silver or other metal, or alloys of metals, intended for use as current money, whether in the resemblance of coins of the United States or of foreign countries, or of original design, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/486

Proverbs 13:20

Proverbs 4:7

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 2:33am
Spartacus Rex

Well Since It Is SO Quiet Tonight & Tomorrow IS A Holiday...

Time For Some Main St. Humor:

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:09am
Spartacus Rex

Why Atarangi's Better Half Does Her Own Pedicure...

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:20am
Karankawa
-
Portland, TX

Which is why Wall Street despises Precious Metal Stackers.

T, It's much more simple than that. I won't pay to hear about someone's interpretation of the latest COT numbers.t

I currently do pay for a couple of sites for trading information. To me, I want to understand where our culture is. That is how I measure US as Americans.

We prospered greatly being free, and few of us understand why. And they won't find the answer in the COT reports. I know people that put all of their retirement into silver in the 80's and have continued to do so. I started in the 90's and am producing a lot of my own food and waking up my neighbors.

At some point reality takes us all over. I have no regrets for my stand. It just keeps getting better. It's REAL. I'm done with Fake.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:51am
Hammer
-

It is so obvious a blind man

It is so obvious a blind man could see - Mints and dealers always run these "shortage" stories towards the end of the year especially The US Mint to shift the "old coins (current year) ." They always do this so it really is not worth losing any sleep over.

Think about it. When you hear a stall market owner trying to sell "old" stock, he will always tell you this is the very last one.

For more info, watch this

Trigger's Dodgy Briefcases - Only Fools and Horses - BBC
"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:54am
Spartacus Rex

@ Hammer So...

are you saying Silver is overpriced in FRNs at the moment?

Cheers, S. Rex

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:04am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Two Veterans Force 102

Two Veterans Force 102 Corrupt Officials to Resign, Place Entire Local Board Under Citizen’s Arrest (Videos)

https://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/11/two-veterans-force-102-corrup...

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:09am
Hammer
-

Oh and.............

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:12am Spartacus Rex
Hammer
-

Spartacus Rex wrote:are you

Spartacus Rex wrote:

are you saying Silver is overpriced in FRNs at the moment?

Cheers, S. Rex

Nope but there is room for more downside imho. Just that the sssss "shortage" stories are bs.

Phil Collins - Sussudio (Official Music Video)
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:21am
Hammer
-

oh and.............love this

oh and.............love this one as it doesn't go where most people here think it will....but makes the point all the same :)

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:27am
Spartacus Rex

Hey Hammer, Answer Me This...

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:27am
Hammer
-

Last one of these for

Last one of these for now......read em and weep..............

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:37am
Hammer
-

First off, that's horseshit

First off, that's horseshit SR. There was no tsunami in Nagasaki in 2011.....lol. That photo is sofucking photoshopped it is actually laughable

Second of all, those arches actually represent the ladies' ahem..well you know. It is a fertility symbol for the lads to walk though. In the old days, women were forbidden for walking through them because it was considered pointless for the reasons above...........

So to answer the riddle oh riddler, the answer is that the arches are designed from something men can never understand - do I win a prize ?

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:44am
Spartacus Rex

@ Hammer What? "horsesh*t"? Really? Ah Crap!

Perhaps thou preferest bull sh*t" instead?

O.K., how about this then:

When I was a boy, my Mom used to wrap my sandwiches in road maps hoping that I would get adventurous.

One time when I was seven, she sent me to the store to pick up some groceries for the family's dinner, when I came back twenty minutes later, I found out they had moved while I was gone.

IT was meant as a JOKE Hammer! As in Funny / Ha ha?

Cheers, S. Rex

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:14am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Where Will Risk Erupt This

Where Will Risk Erupt This Time?

Posted on November 11, 2014 by Charles Hugh Smith

So where has all the risk pooled up in the system? In foreign exchange (FX) markets, that’s where.

One of the precepts of this blog is that risk cannot be disappeared, it can only be transferred or temporarily hidden from view. This runs counter to modern portfolio management, which holds that all risks can be hedged with counterparty-issued securities, i.e. options, futures contracts, derivatives, etc.

This also runs counter to the Central Banking Cargo Cult, which holds that any eruption of risk can be smothered by the unlimited liquidity spewed by omnipotent central banks.

There are several problems with the notion that risk can always be neutralized with counterparty securities and/or central bank liquidity. The first is fundamental. As mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot showed in his seminal book The (Mis)behavior of Markets, risk is a feature of all markets. As a result of their fractal nature, risk cannot be eliminated, and claims that risk has been eliminated will fail catastrophically.

In other words, precisely what happened in 2008-2009, when all the “low-risk” trades blew up and nearly took the global financial system down.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:18am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

In Perspective 1. The start

In Perspective

1. The start of January brought the shift to defensives, measured here in 4 ways: stocks to bonds ratio, cyclical to defensive sector ratio, small caps to all caps ratio and high …Continue reading →

The October monthly hanging man candles suggest November should be a significant down month. I maintain the view that the evidence is too compelling now for consideration of an alternative scenario. If you remove me from the equation then there is an awful lot of fact in the above charts and many other recent charts that I have relayed that a bull needs to explain away. Simply, too many. However, we can argue there is a middle position in accepting all the warning flags but predicting prices can still yet go higher into year end under dual positive seasonality. Perhaps a scenario of increasingly thin volume and increasingly bad health but still scraping higher.

The problem with that is that whether we look at Nymo, Rydex, II, AAII, RSI or the ascent and shape of the Oct-Nov rally we see the same tell: exhaustion. Stimulative action from the BOJ and ECB in recent days have failed to catapult global equities higher. So I believe the middle position’s best hope is that equities retrace away from these exhaustion levels but then quickly washout, to enable a December rally into year end. However, I would refer you again to our positioning in the topping process. There is no case for another rally. If we tip over this week I believe that is it: equities won’t come back again. This is what I expect to happen.

SP500 Monthly

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:25am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Ebola outbreak caused by Big

Ebola outbreak caused by Big Pharma greed, concludes UN

The true cause behind the current Ebola outbreak, and the reason why more than 13,500 people so far have contracted the disease in West Africa since last December, is that First World countries like the U.S. have done nothing to stop it. This is the claim made by...

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com#ixzz3IkphRXpH

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:30am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Chase.com online banking

Chase.com online banking under extreme cyber attack for over 72 hours; website still down for most customers

Chase.com online banking has been taken offline by a sustained cyber attack since last Friday, with its online banking website either completely unavailable or loading with extremely long wait times. UPDATE: Shortly after this story went live, Chase.com began responding...

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com#ixzz3IkqshtS9

randomness