5826 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 6:47am
erewenguy
-
GA

Yeah, but you can't eat beads

Why we get naked at Mardi Gras: simple economics, says LSU prof

At first, the way you got beads was from a float. Fake royalty threw beads to plebeians below.

"You don't have to be a very insightful sociologist to say, I wonder what people dressed like nobles and people on the streets represent," Shrum said. "That represents an upper class and a lower class."

The trinkets tossed to the crowds mirror a feudal economic system. We are peasants. The riders our lords.

"We symbolize our society using these rituals and these celebrations," Shrum said.

In the mid-1970s, a group of nudists started throwing a party on Royal Street. They would flash from a balcony, and encourage people on the streets to do the same.

"That was something that didn't catch on," Shrum said.

What did click, as we all know, was flashing for beads.

"We've developed a ritual that perfectly reflects the ideas of market capitalism," he said. "Beads are the money of Mardi Gras. People understand they are in a bargaining position."

Instead of begging the gentry for generosity on the parade route, on Bourbon Street we witness the invisible hand of capitalism lifting up shirts.

"All of a sudden, people say, 'We can participate. We can get beads without begging,'" he said.

Like any dynamic market system, the exchange of beads on Bourbon Street rewards entrepreneurship....

https://www.nola.com/mardigras/index.ssf/2016/02/mardi_gras_naked_flashi...

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 5:53pm
Bugzy
-
Canada

seems awfully quiet....

On the ZMAN front!

I wonder why that is?

And looking at Gold in Canadian Dollars on the 20 year chart...

Not to mention... If you were Russian or Argentinean or Brazilian or Columbian or Venezuelan or South African or Turkish - HAS ANYONE LOOKED AT THESE LONG TERM GRAPHS? go here:

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

Do max scale... and pick.. ARS... then try RUB and then try....Does anyone know how to post these charts here?

ZMAN? Would you know?

Seems to me there a billions wanting to protect their wealth from currency debasement... It took longer than I anticipated but the hypothesis was never in question. I think we may have eventually arrived.

Do the Japanese, Swiss, Swedes, Germans... want to leave currency in their negative interest accounts....nope.... the stock markets perhaps...(insert rex's rolling on the floor laughing guy here)

Real Estate topped out... Time for the metals... and WHAT a relatively small available supply there is left...and will folk sell at 2000 USD? not a chance. When it catapults to 3000... nope.

10,000 and I might be tempted to exchange some coins for a new car. Maybe some rental income property... world cruise perhaps.

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 7:32pm Bugzy
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

I been watchin Bugsy

Zman is in usd/icu pair ha ha Yes as i was saying to him last time he was here, most currencies are super bullish in gold some even look a bit toppy .Could this be the start of USD 's gift to gold silver as it takes its final bow. The stresses in the FX markets are extreme ATM.

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 7:40pm
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Bugzy

Sorry misspelled your name. Thanks for chart very handy GOLD/CAD is a good one for the technicals.

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 8:57pm
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

I thought there

might be more comment here regarding the metals price Silver 80c in three days consecutive up days , gold recovering from an illiquid market smashdown to finish way up on the friday. I suppose everyone has seen it all before and been punished for their optimism. Anyway i will crow yeehaa, and if it goes down again next week, i will say yee haa and get a roll of monkeys or sumptin. "Whatever" is all good by me.

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 9:07pm
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

notice

Notice how the price of gold rises with falling volume, im tellin ya there's a magnet hangin overhead.https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/...

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 11:02pm Wy So Lo
Spartacus Rex

@ Putin - Say Again?

Wy So Lo wrote:

might be more comment here regarding the metals price Silver 80c in three days consecutive up days , gold recovering from an illiquid market smashdown to finish way up on the friday. I suppose everyone has seen it all before and been punished for their optimism. Anyway i will crow yeehaa, and if it goes down again next week, i will say yee haa and get a roll of monkeys or sumptin. "Whatever" is all good by me.

WTH are you talking about?

Did you not say that you were catching a bid in Silver last week?

Did you not pile in to SI to the max last Friday when silver was at 14.21?

The 14.71 target was a no brainer!

Not to mention how GC and CL were gifts from Heaven as well this week.

Thank you LORD!

Cheers,

S. Rex

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 - 11:11pm
Spartacus Rex

@ Bugzy- U R 2 FUNNY!

LMAO!

"I can't believe I am still reading this..."

You mean, it wasn't for the laughs actually?

I guess that's just me, and my warped sense of humor.

BTW

zmonkey turned tail and left, obviously being humbled by Normsterdamus' amazing brilliance.

I think Norm (AM) is the patron saint of turnips in Ireland and perhaps across the world.

https://blog.quartoknows.com/quartocreates/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/20...

Cheers,

S. Rex

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 6:19am
Hammer
-
Somewhere over the rainbow

popping in to say hi. Zman

popping in to say hi. Zman will be back next downdraft, dont worry......not enough crappy miners have been taken out yet as the low price of oil has given them a lifeline. But they do need to be taken out and recent chasers punished first.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 6:21am Hammer
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Hi hammer

How you been?

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 12:28pm
SilverRunNW

TRX News

This can't make Jim Sinclair very happy.

Tanzanian Royalty's Subsidiary Tanzam Provides Notice of Force Majeure Under Agreement with STAMICO

"This notice of Force Majeure is based upon the invasion and forced occupation by several hundred illegal miners of our mining properties including the South Pit and other areas within the Buckreef site, thereby endangering our team and preventing Tanzam from continuing its mining operations."

So what does the evil empire do to punish one of it's biggest antagonists? Send in troops (illegal miners) to steal his gold and destroy his mine. Is there anything they won't do?

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 1:40pm
silverwood
-
Kilauea, HI

Can anyone explain this?

https://edgetraderplus.com/market-commentaries/gold-and-silver-is-a-bott...

I avidly read Michael's weekly posts on market activity. This week in silver is confusing. Michael states that silver closed @$14.778 which was lower than Thursday close of $14.88. He shows a SIH16 Daily silver chart. Now when I go to stock charts and look at their chart it show something quite different. It shows silver closed at $15.03, wtf? If I look at netdania daily silver chart, it shows a close of $14.966 which is also above Thursday close. Kitco shows a close of $15.01 for Friday and a close of $14.85 for Thursday. So what is correct? Michael states; "Price made a new recent rally high but closed lower than the previous day while at a 50% retracement/potential resistance area." My three other sources shown prove this to be incorrect. Michael could you explain this, please.

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 2:48pm silverwood
SilverRunNW

@Silverwood - best explained

@Silverwood - best explained with these links:

https://www.barchart.com/commodityfutures/Silver_Futures/SI?search=SI*

Not that I agree with all of Michael's numbers you quoted, but he's probably talking about the regular NY Comex close, as opposed to the Friday night Globex close above $15.

SI Chart on Barchart

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 3:36pm
silverwood
-
Kilauea, HI

OK thanks SilverRun

Did you read Michael's post? Looks like the sellers were trying to paint the charts. I believe we should be rooting for the silver sellers to drive prices lower or keep them in this range. What that will finally do is cause the miners to curtail production. When we see a clear sign that silver production is in decline globally and that also has cause future supply exploration to have been curtailed... then we will get the mother of all price spikes that we stackers have been anticipating.

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 7:46pm Wy So Lo
Hammer
-

Wy So Lo wrote: How you

Wy So Lo wrote:

How you been?

Good thanks.....uber busy at work........

Just watching Robin Williams A Good Man......"gov uses weapons of mass distraction" and "if it costs 200,000,000 bucks to win an election, you owe someone somwhere...."

That is just the first 5 minutes.....great movie...defo go back and watch it.....

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 7:54pm
Hammer
-

Meanwhile, everyone seems

Meanwhile, everyone seems evenly split on whether this is a usd bottom......I think not yet, give it a few more months but others are calling an Adam and Eve double bottom.......in other currencies, different tales are being told but many are now undrstanding more about what their currencies are in relation to the usd/au and that is telling imho.....

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 - 10:51pm
Hammer
-

British TV ran a story this

British TV ran a story this morning about the first "buy gold bullion bars from a shop" for the first time followed by a piece by a financial analyst who stalked about gold as a protection against currencies or some such thing....lol....and they showed exactly the same type of bar that was "found" in a lake that made headlines recently.....I smell bullshit....then immediately followed by a news item about Gadhaffi's golden gun and what happened to those that were there at his death and passed the gun around....didn't end well for many of them...

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 - 1:56am
Spartacus Rex

The War On Savers & The 200 Rulers Of Global Finance

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 - 4:12am
Hammer
-

Jeez, a trillion just doesnt

Jeez, a trillion just doesnt go as far as it used to

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-07/china-s-foreign-exchange-reserves-decline-to-3-23-trillion

Ask Hillary. This is what hey get paid to jawbone.

Mon, Feb 8, 2016 - 8:11am
Hammer
-

Here you go AM. Another feed

Here you go AM. Another feed for your motion study of humans and news/emotions etc a s a conduit for some of your processes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-35519884