Main Street, Town Square, Turdville

5826 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 9:38am
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

Two Turkish journalists face 20 years jail over magazine cover

Two editors of weekly news magazine Nokta were charged on Nov. 25 with “inciting an armed uprising against the Turkish government,” with the Istanbul Prosecutor’s Office demanding up to 20 years in prison for each of them.

Nokta’s editor-in-chief, Cevheri Güven, and its chief news editor, Murat Çapan, were arrested on Nov. 3 as part of the investigation launched into the magazine’s 24th edition, which showed a picture of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on its cover alongside the headline “Nov. 2: The beginning of Turkey’s civil war.” Prosecutors said the cover “overtly incited people to commit crime” and encouraged “sedition.”

The magazine was referring to the day after the Nov. 1 general election, in which the Justice and Development Party (AKP) regained its majority in parliament, enabling it to form a government alone.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/two-turkish-journalists-face-20-years-...

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 9:39am
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

Turkish trucks face hurdles at Russia’s customs

Turkish passengers and trucks have started to face hurdles at Russia’s customs after the downing of the Russian jet by Turkish F-16s near the Syrian border on Nov. 24, with Turkish trucks now being subjected to “full examination,” according to Turkish officials.

“Russia has closed its border gates to Turkish trucks,” said the head of the International Transporters Association of Turkey (UND), Fatih Şener.

Noting that Turkey had made exports to Russia in many fields from ready-made textiles to food and machinery, Şener said: “Around 36,000 trucks carry goods from Turkey to Russia a year. Some 100-150 trucks are now being kept waiting at Russia’s borders. We face an uncertain situation here. No explanation has been made about the trucks which are on their way to Russia though Georgia, although the trucks are apparently being subjected to a “full examination” on their way to Russia via Ukraine. This means all goods in the trucks will be unloaded and examined in detail at the Russia border, but such procedures can take days.”

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-trucks-face-hurdles-at-russias...

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 10:45am Hammer
zman

Hammer wrote: zman

Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:

If the euro gets to .80 Europe wont exist as we know it. Europe is collapsing and euros are going to dollars by the boatload.......plus loans need to be paid off in dollars etc........it is looking good for the dollar, a sure thing. Everyone is getting on board. The dollar and stockmarkets rule the universe. Impossible to lose even at these levels. Dollar about to go parabolic. Enjoy the ride. Seen that before. I give it a year.

"If the euro gets to .80 Europe won't exist as we know it"

Why not? The currency has been there before, in fact the EU might welcome a lower Euro to boost their exports which could help their weak economies.

"Europe is collapsing"

Not true, it suffers from low growth and deflation.

"plus loans need to be paid off in dollars"

What loans? Who takes a loan in another countries currency??

Say WHHHAAAT ??? Who takes a loan in another countries currency ?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??????

This alone shows how little you understand. Wow !

Without a hedge. So again, please show me what loans are being made that involved currency speculation?

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 11:16am Wy So Lo
zman

Wy So Lo wrote: Its all in

Wy So Lo wrote:

Its all in your face leaning on the mighty dollar now. I appreciate you posting cause i may have missed that gem. SRSROCCO has another great piece over at his site on the paper etf's and physical gold and silver purchases, check it out.

When you tie it in with the jackass a2a and his comment about how much gold Russia and China have stacked away, you could be forgiven for thinking metals will very shortly shine... It's not a vault lock anymore so anyone can listen now.

Silver! physical prices will gap up $100 and then really start to take off!!! my prediction.

Reasoning? priced at anything below several hundred it is too easily moved by just a couple of billionaires, in fact i think gold will be unable to outrun silvers next major move and will temporarily chase silvers price.

I wouldn't take any written by SRS seriously, his record on the oil market turned into a joke.

"Silver! physical prices will gap up $100"

I'm sorry to say you have fallen victim to the propaganda spewed out by these salesmen. Silver is down because industrial demand is weak.

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 11:22am
SilverRunNW

Silver Doctors - What a RIPOFF

Silver Doctors - Run's Jim Willie Interview without crediting TFMetalsReport.

The proprietors at Silver Doctors SUCK!

Hey ZMAN, sounds like your kind of place. Why don't you bless that web site with your messed up opinions. You and Marshall Swing would really get along swell.

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 3:49pm
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

Russia “Violated” Turkish Airspace Because Turkey “Moved” Its Bo

This article originally published on October 7, 2015 is of utmost relevance in understanding the action taken by Turkey to down a Russian jet fighter over Syria airspace. (GR. Editor. M. Ch.)

One Russian plane may even indeed have slightly crossed the border [in October] while maneuvering. But the real reason why the U.S. military official and Turkey claim the above “violations” is because Turkey unilaterally “moved” the Turkish-Syrian border five miles south:

Turkey has maintained a buffer zone five miles inside Syria since June 2012, when a Syrian air defense missile shot down a Turkish fighter plane that had strayed into Syrian airspace. Under revised rules of engagement put in effect then, the Turkish air force would evaluate any target coming within five miles of the Turkish border as an enemy and act accordingly.

If Syrian rules of engagement would “move” its northern border up to the Black Sea would any plane in eastern Turkey be in violation of Syrian air space? No one would accept such nonsense and that is why no one should accept the U.S.-Turkish bullshit here. Russian planes should not respect the “new” Turkish defined border but only the legitimate one…

https://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-violated-turkish-airspace-because-t...

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 4:23pm
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

Syrian regime forces intensify shelling of Turkmen regions

AA photo

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces have intensified the shelling of Kızıldağ, a strategic point in northwestern Syria controlled by Turkmen forces, daily Hürriyet has reported.

Regime forces had made significant progress around Turkmen Mountain and its environs during clashes over the last 12 days before eventually facing Turkmen resistance just in front of the Turkish border. However, al-Assad’s forces, who retreated to the Kessab hillsides, continued their uninterrupted shelling of Kızıldağ on Turkmen Mountain on Nov. 25.

Intensive attacks in Jabal al-Akrad, a neighborhood of Turkmen villages, were also ongoing, according to local sources.

Emrah Çelik, a 27-year-old district organization member of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in northwestern Tekirdağ province who joined the Turkmen forces voluntarily, said the 2nd Coastal Division has been fighting against regime forces for the last seven months.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/syrian-regime-forces-intensify-shellin...

AKP is Erdogan's party

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 4:54pm zman
Hammer
-
Somewhere over the rainbow

zman wrote: Hammer

zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:

If the euro gets to .80 Europe wont exist as we know it. Europe is collapsing and euros are going to dollars by the boatload.......plus loans need to be paid off in dollars etc........it is looking good for the dollar, a sure thing. Everyone is getting on board. The dollar and stockmarkets rule the universe. Impossible to lose even at these levels. Dollar about to go parabolic. Enjoy the ride. Seen that before. I give it a year.

Why not? The currency has been there before, in fact the EU might welcome a lower Euro to boost their exports which could help their weak economies.

"Europe is collapsing"

Say WHHHAAAT ??? Who takes a loan in another countries currency ?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??????

Without a hedge. So again, please show me what loans are being made that involved currency speculation?

Seriously. You are embarrassing yourself. Please stop.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 4:57pm Hammer
Hammer
-

Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:

"Europe is collapsing"

Seriously. You are embarrassing yourself. Please stop. You post incorrectly then alter later when pulled up on it. Again. Just stop. It is embarrassing.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 5:02pm Wy So Lo
Hammer
-

Wy So Lo wrote: or said

Wy So Lo wrote:

or said another way SILVER, UP 100% in 10 years

Or another way SILVER UP 150% IN 10 years (AUD)

Thanks again zman for helping

us keep things in perspective.

Nothing to say here zman. Think if you dont reply, it has not happened ? Jeees. So predictable.

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 7:17pm Hammer
zman

Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:

"Europe is collapsing"

I will ask for the 3rd time, please tell the board what debt borrowed in US Dollars that needs to be paid back in another currency without being hedged?

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 7:25pm Hammer
zman

Hammer wrote: Wy So Lo

Hammer wrote:
Wy So Lo wrote:

or said another way SILVER, UP 100% in 10 years

Or another way SILVER UP 150% IN 10 years (AUD)

Thanks again zman for helping

us keep things in perspective.

Nothing to say here zman. Think if you dont reply, it has not happened ? Jeees. So predictable.

OK, congrats to buyers of silver at $5-7 oz price range 10-15 year ago!! Do you know who also bought silver in the $5=7 oz price range? People who bought silver 40 years ago!!! Silver has been one of the worst investments in the past 35-40 years, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Thu, Nov 26, 2015 - 11:26pm zman
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

zman

"i don't see that changing anytime soon." Maybe, however if or when it does we will still be here at the watchtower, you?.

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 1:28am
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

SGT Andy Hoffman

GLOBAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN ACCELERATES -- Andy Hoffman
Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 4:38am
Spartacus Rex

LOL- zeitvertunman has been quite busy herein...

zeitvertunman you are so full of crap we should just bag you up and sell you off as fertilizer.

It is the epitome of stupidity when the only one left who cannot recognize how stupid you are, is yourself.

Cheers,

S. Rex

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 6:50am zman
Hammer
-

zman wrote:Hammer

zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:
zman wrote:
Hammer wrote:

"Europe is collapsing"

I will ask for the 3rd time, please tell the board what debt borrowed in US Dollars that needs to be paid back in another currency without being hedged?

Listen dunderhead, the world borrows in USD. THAT is borrowing in another country's currency. You still don't get it. The world shines out of your usd's arse and no one or nothing else matters. FFS.

Sideline to the above but East Europeans took loans out in Swiss Francs. How did that work out for them by the way ?

And as for your Europe is just deflating crap

"I'm not going to say today that (Europe) is going to be destroyed," said Frans Timmermans, Vice President of the European Commission, "but it is not indestructible."

It rattled the European Commission. Its President Jean-Claude Juncker warned that "if the spirit of Schengen leaves us forever and leaves our hearts, we'll lose more than the Schengen agreement. A single currency doesn't make sense if Schengen fails."

Angela Merkel, desperate to stem the flow of refugees, warned that unless the refugees were distributed throughout Europe there couldn't be open borders.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34940241

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 9:20am
Hammer
-

China to set up 1st overseas

China to set up 1st overseas naval base in Djibouti next to US airbase

https://www.rt.com/news/323621-china-first-overseas-base/

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 9:25am
Hammer
-

and a picture speaks a 1000

and a picture speaks a 1000 words....

ЗРК С-400 заступил на боевое дежурство по противовоздушной обороне на авиабазе Хмеймим

S-400 AA missile system has been put on air defence combat duty at the Hmeymim airbase

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 10:46am Spartacus Rex
zman

Spartacus Rex wrote:As

Spartacus Rex wrote:

zeitvertunman you are so full of crap we should just bag you up and sell you off as fertilizer.

It is the epitome of stupidity when the only one left who cannot recognize how stupid you are, is yourself.

Cheers,

S. Rex

As Mr.Dollar hits 100 on the Dollar index.

Fri, Nov 27, 2015 - 11:02pm
Hammer
-

Big banks accused of interest

Big banks accused of interest rate-swap fixing in U.S. class action suit https://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/26/us-interestrateswaps-lawsuit-...

randomness