5826 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, May 11, 2015 - 12:44pm
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

China, Russia launch joint naval drills in Mediterranean

https://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015-05/11/c_134229911.htm

I can just imagine a leaky, overcrowded people-smuggling boat bumping into these bad boys in the middle of a live fire drill.

Mon, May 11, 2015 - 12:47pm (Reply to #3833)
zman

Hammer wrote: You are still

Hammer wrote:

You are still blind -

Let me write it large again as you clearly can't read. Prices for gas in The US are some 30% HIGHER than they were a mere 11 years ago....even with the cherry picked bullshit dates you choose and don't go putting in your self serving narrative either.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Tell you what, since 2008 gas prices are 70 % higher - see what I did there ? That's you pal and no one is falling for it.

"Prices for gas in The US are some 30% higher than they were a mere 11 years ago"

So what? It's called supply and demand. https://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/342b3a2e-f5a7-11e4-bc6d-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ZqfWAgyn

"China overtook the US as the world's biggest importer of crude oil in April, the culmination of a seismic shift in global energy flows over the past decade"

So 11 years ago China was importing 2 million barrels per day, today it's 7.5 million.

Mon, May 11, 2015 - 6:53pm
Alonzo Jazzberry
-
San Jose, CA

30% higher than 11 years ago?

Strange - almost exactly inline with the government inflation metric CPI. Funny how that works.

But don't most people around here fall for that nonsense from John Williams at Shadowstats that says that inflation is many times higher? Shouldn't gas be like $7/gallon?

The sad part is that gold bugs can deceive themselves into believing that we have had high inflation because it's not super easy to track over the short term unless you really look a broad cross section of prices. Over a couple of decades it will be obvious, of course, that nothing remotely resembling the predicted hyperinflation has occurred, but how much will they have lost in missed opportunity by that time?

Mon, May 11, 2015 - 6:57pm
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Desiring your input re: ...

....new Forum Topic "Writ of Quo Warranto".

Dale

Mon, May 11, 2015 - 10:44pm
Hammer
-
Somewhere over the rainbow

zman. You are a numbnut.

zman. You are a numbnut. ADDRESS the issue that gas prices in The US are 30% higher than 11 years ago and average salaries are down. Stop trying to misdirect the conversation to suit your own agenda. It is so obvious.

STOP BEING A TWONK

Oh and global debt is 40% higher than 2007 btw.

Thank you for your attention.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Mon, May 11, 2015 - 10:49pm (Reply to #3844)
Hammer
-

Alonzo Jazzberry

Alonzo Jazzberry wrote:

Strange - almost exactly inline with the government inflation metric CPI. Funny how that works.

But don't most people around here fall for that nonsense from John Williams at Shadowstats that says that inflation is many times higher? Shouldn't gas be like $7/gallon?

The sad part is that gold bugs can deceive themselves into believing that we have had high inflation because it's not super easy to track over the short term unless you really look a broad cross section of prices. Over a couple of decades it will be obvious, of course, that nothing remotely resembling the predicted hyperinflation has occurred, but how much will they have lost in missed opportunity by that time?

Unlike zman, you have the decency to address the question. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, you also assume that all here are gold bugs which as we know "assume makes an ass out of u and me"

Could you define what gold bug means in your posts as it can be interpreted by different people in different ways. Do you mean someone who solely involves him/herself in gold to the detriment of all else or does it hold some other meaning in your definition. Some enlightenment on the definition here would be useful. Thank you :)

Gold is and always has been a purely defensive play.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008 WTF ! Now you tell us !!!
Tue, May 12, 2015 - 11:13am (Reply to #3846)
zman

Hammer wrote: zman. You are a

Hammer wrote:

zman. You are a numbnut. ADDRESS the issue that gas prices in The US are 30% higher than 11 years ago and average salaries are down. Stop trying to misdirect the conversation to suit your own agenda. It is so obvious.

STOP BEING A TWONK

Oh and global debt is 40% higher than 2007 btw.

Thank you for your attention.

"gas prices in The US are 30% higher than 11 years ago"

We know, it's called supply and demand, blame China.

"and average salaries are down"

We know, the last 25 years we have seen "real wages" that are significantly down in the US. Again, this is called supply and demand, what do you think happens when you send tens of millions of manufacturing jobs into third world economies?

What do you think happens when you have a open border and encourage cheap illegal workers to come into a developed economy?

"You are a numbnut"

Yet I'm the one holding your hand teaching you some very basic economic concepts (supply and demand), didn't I just go over this same thing 3 months ago, why did you forget so quickly?

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 12:38pm
Alonzo Jazzberry
-
San Jose, CA

You've got me, Hammer

I am referring to the former definition, but I agree the term has become perjorative, diminishing it's usefulness. I am referring to those who not only see gold as a defensive play, but also are utterly convinced that which they are defending against is inevitable, imminent and catastrophic.

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 3:12pm (Reply to #3848)
Spartacus Rex

zmonkey LOL!

zman wrote:

Yet I'm the one holding your hand teaching you some very basic economic concepts (supply and demand), didn't I just go over this same thing 3 months ago, why did you forget so quickly?

For the 2nd time now:

Exactly which School of Economics did you actually study at?

Cheers,

S. Rex

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 3:21pm (Reply to #3849)
Spartacus Rex

@ A. Jekyll-berry

Alonzo Jazzberry wrote:

I am referring to those who not only see gold as a defensive play, but also are utterly convinced that which they are defending against is inevitable, imminent and catastrophic.

You must then, be referring to those perjorative types at the Phederal Reserve.

Fed said to have emergency plan to intervene if U.S. defaulted on debt

"The Federal Reserve drew up extensive plans for handling a U.S. debt default that included scheduling deferred payments and lending cash to investors, according to a lawmaker who cited Fed documents."

https://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/11/us-usa-debt-idUSKBN0NW1YS2015...

I suppose you suck at Chess as well, right Einstein?

Cheers,

S. Rex

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 3:49pm
Spartacus Rex

BTW, This Should Be Fun To Watch...

Prominent Chinese banks are at the center of the $1.8 trillion counterfeit money market

https://www.businessinsider.com/prominent-chinese-banks-are-at-the-cente...

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 4:06pm (Reply to #3850)
zman

Spartacus Rex wrote: zman

Spartacus Rex wrote:
zman wrote:

For the 2nd time now:

Exactly which School of Economics did you actually study at?

Cheers,

S. Rex

We know that you reject the basic concept of supply and demand, your study appears to be limited to Conspiracy Theories 101. LOL!! Sorry to break the news, but your Wednesday night bible study doesn't count as higher education. LOL!!

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 5:50pm
Hammer
-

Just read this and

Just read this and tell people they are wrong now twunt.

payment on Monday, one day ahead of the deadline.

It comes after Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis warned his country was weeks from running out of cash.

Greece is believed to have borrowed €650m from its IMF holding account to meet the debt interest payment.

Member countries have two accounts with the IMF - one where they deposit their annual quota, in effect their membership fee, and another where they store reserves, including gold, for emergencies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-32701278

I would love to know how much gold, if any, they had to part with and whether it was a friend rate or so on...who knows what bullshit plays are being pulled behind the scenes.

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 5:52pm
Hammer
-

Amanda you ain't doing shit

Amanda you ain't doing shit for me mate. Post all your trades here right now or fuck off. Your passive aggressiveness you vomit out by your choice of language is pathetic....holding my hand ? At least I call you a prat to you straight. I am assuming you are only allowed to stay here because you generate posts and hits for the site.

Have a nice day - see what I did there ?

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 6:01pm
Hammer
-

I posted this in the paid

I posted this in the paid section yesterday but thought you lot might enjoy this too

Amanda, as the wise old man once told me, "get stuffed!"

P.S I will pass on your thoughts about you holding my hand to my business partner who also was invited privately to be a guest lecturer on finance at Oxford University.....please note he never went to University himself. We will have a good laugh about you.

Now post your business or fuck off.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/2z63p992nu6kp17/Below+Zero+May+4+2015.pdf

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 6:06pm (Reply to #3849)
Hammer
-

Alonzo Jazzberry wrote: I am

Alonzo Jazzberry wrote:

I am referring to the former definition, but I agree the term has become perjorative, diminishing it's usefulness. I am referring to those who not only see gold as a defensive play, but also are utterly convinced that which they are defending against is inevitable, imminent and catastrophic.

Thank you for taking the time to run through the definitions....much appreciated.

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 6:17pm
Hammer
-

Think this won't be coming to

Think this won't be coming to a town near you eventually ? Think the governments won't change laws when it suits them ? Think you will be immune from this ?

Meanwhile, changes to the law have allowed the central government to collect €600m of local government and other public entity money (edit, that is people's tax money, pensions, wages etc) to help it deal with the cash crisis, a government

Tue, May 12, 2015 - 7:31pm (Reply to #3854)
Hammer
-

Hammer wrote:Just read

Hammer wrote:

It comes after Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis warned his country was weeks from running out of cash.

Greece is believed to have borrowed €650m from its IMF holding account to meet the debt interest payment.

Member countries have two accounts with the IMF - one where they deposit their annual quota, in effect their membership fee, and another where they store reserves, including gold, for emergencies.

I would love to know how much gold, if any, they had to part with and whether it was a friend rate or so on...who knows what bullshit plays are being pulled behind the scenes.

Found it https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230126

In Greece's case it's much worse because the half a billion Euros they moved around has to be replenished within 30 days. They have no means to do it, and no expected income to do it with, unless Europe gives them the last 7.5 billion Euros in their "bailout package." But even then the problem just gets moved, because they have bond redemptions they must fund and they'll still be sucking on a dry hose.

Wed, May 13, 2015 - 11:10am (Reply to #3855)
zman

Hammer wrote: Amanda you

Hammer wrote:

Amanda you ain't doing shit for me mate. Post all your trades here right now or fuck off. Your passive aggressiveness you vomit out by your choice of language is pathetic....holding my hand ? At least I call you a prat to you straight. I am assuming you are only allowed to stay here because you generate posts and hits for the site.

Have a nice day - see what I did there ?

"you ain't doing shit for me mate"

I'm not here to serve you.

"Post all your trades now or fuck off"

I don't need your acceptance or approval for anything.

"you are only allowed to stay here because you generate posts and hits for the site"

Turd made it very clear, he welcomes dissenting opinions, I know big babies like yourself and Rex freak out when people challenge your conspiracy theories, deal with it.

Wed, May 13, 2015 - 11:20am (Reply to #3859)
zman

Hammer wrote: Hammer

Hammer wrote:
Hammer wrote:

Found it https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230126

In Greece's case it's much worse because the half a billion Euros they moved around has to be replenished within 30 days. They have no means to do it, and no expected income to do it with, unless Europe gives them the last 7.5 billion Euros in their "bailout package." But even then the problem just gets moved, because they have bond redemptions they must fund and they'll still be sucking on a dry hose.

Take a chill pill dude, Greece is a small little island, they really don't matter at the end of the day. You're going to give yourself a ulcer worrying about such insignificant issues.