LCS Report

192 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 3:12pm (Reply to #20)
DeaconBenjamin
-
AR

Canadian silver

seems to be deeply despised in the States. I can pick up for melt, sometimes less. Once, at a coin show, I picked up plastic-sealed pre-67 dollars at $4.50 when melt should have been close to $9. Other times I asked vendors if they had Canadian silver, and they looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 5:49pm
57Goldtop

Not my first choice

I didn't stack much Canuck silver until I was well into other stackables, because my LCS sold me 90% for years at or below melt.

With Maples, Eagles, Phils, and Australian coins at such an insane premium and a decent stack already, I'm quite pleased to walk out the door with the 80% under $19 CAD per ounce just to keep acquiring during this strange time.

Sadly, I rarely see Libs.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:28pm
Undecided
-
TN

My lcs

I live in the south east(USA) and my lcs is blowing up with silver. Back in 2011 it was hard to get anything except for premium stuff. The lower the price goes it seems the more of it they have. Never a crowd. I have only been there once where I wasn't the only customer. None the less, two grand would wipe the bullion shelf clean.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 7:41am
Lamenting Laverne

@ Admin - re Private message

@ Dr. Jerome - this is a very nice thread! I hope that the European LCS'ers will come forward too, as I am lurking here to find good trustworthy shops ;-)

@ Admin - it seems that the PM system allows to pick recipient names that cannot receive mail. I wrote a message the other day to a non-member and it just disappeared into a black hole, and I didn't notice at first. Is it possible to get an error message, when choosing a name that cannot receive messages? Alternatively filter the list of possible recipients?

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 8:03am

Lamenting, it would require

Lamenting, it would require additional development to perform this level of filtering. If it was readily available, we would have enabled it.

Of course with time and money, anything is possible... but that's for TF to decide. If he has enough people who want added functionality, he's always willing to consider it.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 9:32am
Lamenting Laverne

Thanks Admin

Yes and it is very easy to sit here and be creative on your behalf ;-) Not a big problem anyway, but good to be aware of, so as to not lose mails to the big dark void. Thank you for reply ;-)

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 11:02am
turdpond

LCS

90% - sold out

ASE = spot + $3.50 - sold out

Maples = spot + $3.00 - sold out

Gold - sold out

Generic silver rounds = spot + $2.00 - 27 remaining

Owner stated that ASE's & Maples have a 4 hour turn around from buy to sell.

He had 4 labeled bags behind the counter which were purchased over the phone and held for customers.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 11:39am
Lurknomore
-
Gainesville, FL

Libertads

Does anyone have an explanation for the relative scarcity of Mexican Libertads? It seems as though the mintages are not particularly low, so I'm wondering if the Mex populace hoards, or maybe the Mex govt. limits export? I like the look and feel of these one ouncers but rarely see any in the LCS...and when I do, the premiums are huge on them (I've seen up to 10.00 premies on common dates).

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 5:10pm
Bollocks
-
London
UK

UK

No real shortages here, although the most popular (mainly because they're the lowest-cost) 1oz coins at the largest bullion dealer here are out of stock as follows:

Maples: 3 weeks to re-stock

Very popular, being capital gains-tax free, but one of the most expensive silver coins:

Britannia: 1-2 days to re-stock

ASE's and Philharmonics are all in stock. Pandas are out of stock, but they do tend to go out of stock now and then.

I've checked elsewhere and Maples are also out of stock here and there, but there are no shortages that I can see overall.

Premiums have gone up on all silver however. By about 10%. Some items a bit more.

edit: No shortages for gold. Premiums are the same as usual.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 6:25pm
jdbppmd
-
sycamore, IL

Local Coin Show 11/9/14

Chicago Metro Area- 6/40 dealers had bullion

Silver Eagles +4 , supply low-sold out by noon

Libertads 2014 +4 2 dealers only

Private Mints Rounds/ Bars +2 good supply

No maples

Gold eagles 1 oz +60, good supply

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 10:30pm
Deaglán
-
Mexico City
Mexico

Mexico DF

Lots of Libertads to be had in Mexico City. 3$ premium

Gold libertads of all sizes are tough to get but there are plenty of hidalgo, aztecas and centenarios.

As far as silver libs are concerned the official mint have only had 1 oz silver libertads for 6 months now( 5$ premium). 2 and 5 oz coins sold out. The German dealer websites usually have a good supply of them.

I´d be interested to see the sales figures on the philharmonics. Usually low premiums (compared to other coins) on them in Europe so I guess they have been getting snapped up.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:16am
Occasnltrvlr
-
Southeastern, PA

1 oz. Proof 2013 Freedom Girls

Hope I'm not out-of-bounds here. I've got 10 of those original Mulligan Mint (what an appropriate name, eh?), 2013 proof Freedom Girls that I'd just as soon unload, and I thought someone here might want a crack at them. More recent eBay prices were $49 for one (seems awfully high), $335 for a lot of ten. (Not my prices, just included here for context.)

I'm happy to talk sale or trade, especially if somebody has one of those 10 oz. tombstone nuggets, something pretty, or something poured.

occasnltrvlr[at]comcast[dot]net

(It seemed like LCS was the best place to put this.)

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:42am
Karankawa
-
Portland, TX

Great Post,

Nice to see people Walking Away ;) from the corrupt system!!!!!!!!!!

I pray that America regains it's ROOTS, or at least we do as a culture.

It's all about US.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 10:18am
silverwood
-
Kilauea, HI

American bullion & coin flagstaff az

Yesterday I was in Flagstaff and paid a visit to American bullion & coin. I met the owner David and we had a nice chat. This appears to be a good place to buy although he did not have too much in the way of bullion but was fair amount of sorted stuff 90 percent, some assorted rounds and bars, some silver eagles which I cleaned him out of @ $4 over spot. He said he had eagles on order.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 12:41pm
-
Hiding in the lava tubes northwest of Flagstaff

American bullion & coin

I like David and his shop there. It is a good place to buy or sell. they have treated me fairly on several occasions. When I sold him some silver, he wrote me a check drawn on a local bank that I was able to cash (into fiat) ten minutes later. Sure beats a 5-10 day holding period. That is what I call liquidity. I bought back gold bullion from him the next day.

I am sorry to miss you yesterday, Silverwood. I sent you an email.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:09pm
Nana

Yikes

Premiums are now $4.50 for each silver eagle on quantities of 1-19 at LCS. 90% at $13.56

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 10:28am
-
Hiding in the lava tubes northwest of Flagstaff

Provident Pricing

I purchase mos of my metal from Provident online. so far, service has been good until my last order. It took 40 days to receive the package.

I checked their pricing this morning.

ASEs are about $3.55 over spot. A monster box is only $2.52 per oz over spot. They are not saying they are out of 2014 Eagles, but that is the only year that is not "out of stock." I cannot imagine they stocked up when silver was 17-18 and are selling it at a loss now...

Their 100 oz bars start at $0.56 over spot.

hard to tell with these dealers if they really have it in stock, or they actually make their orders at the end of each day as customer checks clear for their "just in time" delivery, keeping their costs lower and locking in their bid-ask profit instead of needing to hedge large amounts of stock against these waterfall moves. Who knows, maybe they do hedge their stock with futures for a wash no matter which way price moves. That is what I was taught in business school.

I cannot conclude that we have significant shortages yet, though many LCS dealers are low on stock, and it seems to take longer for delivery at big online dealers.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 5:20pm
sengfarmer

Frozen tundra LCS

The only coin shop within 50 miles has been sold out of all silver all summer. If he gets it in it's out the door on preplaced orders.

I've cleaned him out twice myself.

Today he said he might have a collection coming in this weekend and I will get it.

17 Morgans, 13 Peace dollars all for $20 each and about $90 face junk for $15.25 face.

I just sold some land and have a standing order for 20 large. He's been able to fill me in the past within a month or two, we'll see how long it takes this time.

Wed, Nov 12, 2014 - 8:50pm
Undecided
-
TN

Dr. J.

I don't need specifics but 40 days for provident is unheard of. What types of product did you order? How did you pay?

Thu, Nov 13, 2014 - 4:38pm
Boswell
-
L.ost A.rea, CA

JM Bullion

Just ordered a few of the 1/2 oz Sunshine rounds they have on sale.

@ $1.58/oz over spot, not bad. They are kind of cute next to the 1 oz'ers. Might be handy for making change?

I usually send a money order and it takes about under 2 weeks to get it.

randomness