2014/11/08 - Pig-headed Ignorance or the Courage of Conviction? Why I'm Thrilled to Own Gold And Silver

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
JY896
JY896's picture
Hat Tips: 11780
2014/11/08 - Pig-headed Ignorance or the Courage of Conviction? Why I'm Thrilled to Own Gold And Silver

Just wanted to commend Pining for an(other) outstanding piece. Hope your preps are going well.

Turdland Jobs Forum

Fred Hayek
Fred Hayek's picture
Hat Tips: 10527
I second JY's kudos

Nice job Pining.  I gave a link to your piece and quoted two paragraphs to explain to someone else my basic stance at this point.  You saved me quite a bit of time and effort in trying to arrive at the same thoughts and articulate them.  Thank you.

Being a policeman is only easy in a police state -- Touch of Evil(1957)

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 43172
Thank you both, fellas!

Anyway, thank you!  I sincerely appreciate it!  I felt like the tone from many quarters of the interwebz of constant bashing of PM investors needed an answer of some sort... Especially since the recent bear market in no way invalidates any of the issues I noted in the article.  Am almost sad we didn't have one more weekend of public comments, as the gnashing of teeth would have been epic!

And a shout-out to my buddy Swifty for his kind words via PM!

AngryCitizen
AngryCitizen's picture
Hat Tips: 1107
Excellent Summary, Pining

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive macroeconomic picture that points directly to sound money, (which is sooo generously on sale, courtesy of the population's taxes. Who says taxpayers always get the short end of the stick?)

Just wondering how silver stacked up against all those long-held houses....at today's suppressed prices, of course. I know which would have made more if there were no suppression.

Again, thank you! I'm sending it to those I know on the fence about this issue.

Frodo: "I wish it need not have happened in my time," Gandalf: "So do I. And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." J.R.R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973) The Fellowship Of The Ring

Whitecastle123
Whitecastle123's picture
Hat Tips: 2245
Don't even look at this

Wy So Lo
Wy So Lo's picture
Hat Tips: 1808
I have asked this question elsewhere

How much is enough??? How long the string?. I had a first target that i considered fairly high when i started out. 500oz I figured that if 500 wasnt going to save my sorry ass then 1000 would not help much either. I have almost no gold, but i surpassed my first target of silver about 2012. I figured my second target of 1000 kg was maybe not so realistic, and have just plodded along since 500. I have no idea what i have, but i would still be well short of 900. I calculate an eventual high of at min 10 to 1 ratio to gold with a 1 to 1 a possibility,( and chasing a much higher gold price). I wanted enough to pay off all debt and maybe invest in a mine or land or muscle cars or guitars, and i trust that that is happening at some stage. Any thoughts??

Wy So Lo
Wy So Lo's picture
Hat Tips: 1808
I have

? Double posted

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "2014/11/08 - Pig-headed Ignorance or the Courage of Conviction? Why I'm Thrilled to Own Gold And Silver "