274 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jan 28, 2015 - 8:52pm
foggyroad

Thank You TF.

Have a gloriously joyous Birthday, party like it's 1984

Tin Pan Caravan: Anais Mitchell- 1984

​:0)

Swing that Partner a dosy doh, let er Rip, and let er Go.

Swill and Sing, in an out that Barroom door,

Cut a rug n tip that Jugg, yo can only fall as far as the Floor.

Party on my Friend,

all the best to You and Your.

A very Happy Birthday to You I wish.

Thu, Jan 29, 2015 - 7:08pm
Lamenting Laverne

@ Foggyroad et al

@ Foggyroad: Thanks for the shout-out - if that was meant for me ;-)

Haven't really got much to say these days - and busy with getting sorted off-line. Also, things are just downright scary now and my head suffered long term damage (some witty soul would add "more" here ;-) about three weeks ago from yet another head-explosion, when I looked over some charts from "the rigged system".

I just don't know how the following is even possible - and how brighter heads out there have not found this occurrence worthy of comment, at least what I have seen, in order to explain how this is possible in a market framework supposedly based on logic. Or maybe it is just a case of me making a simple calculation mistake somewhere....

On the back of a long EUR slide and Crude slide and significant movement in Gold in other currencies than USD, I was of course curious to check how much real erosion of purchasing power one would have experienced if one had hedged with Gold in the same currency.

So I compared the currency fluctuations for the period between the 8th May 2014 and the 7th January 2015 and matched those up with the corresponding moves in gold.

Not surprisingly, most of the currencies suffered a loss of purchasing power against the USD and that loss was lessened to some degree by a hedge with Gold - but not to make up fully for the currency loss in percent. However, the changes in Gold prices were not always/at all "in proportion" with the percentage loss of the related currency, which was a bit strange. E.g. the Canadian Dollar had lost roughly the same percentage as the EUR, but the XAU-CAD had moved much much less than the XAU-EUR.

Surprisingly - to me at least - was, on the other hand, that the Yen Gold price had moved so much that it actually erased all the currency loss and then some - to be a net positive result. That had me scratching my head - as the rate of increase compared to the other currency-gold pairs were so much bigger. Why so different?

Finally - what blew the fuse in my head was that the EUR had lost a heap against the USD and the YEN had lost some (but significantly less) against the USD during the same period - yet in the EUR/YEN cross - during the SAME period - the EUR had actually gained slightly / or stayed flat depending on which daily values I use in the same period. The EUR/Yen did not really fall out of bed until after the 7th of January.

How can EUR plunge big against the USD and YEN plunge less against the same USD - and still have EUR stronger or flat compared to YEN in their own direct cross for the same period????. (Somehow, I have a feeling that the SNB may have the answer to that question - at least I seem to remember chatter about the SNB being caught with a huge Yen position on the wrong side when Abe's QE bazooka was announced, so they seem to have been "using" Yen for market maintenance before.)

Unless I have made some trivial mistake - it can only make me think the whole thing is skewed so utterly beyond recognition by instruments that have no connection to real world buying and selling of currencies based on interest rate risks and sovereign fiscal situations and imports and exports derived need for transaction currency.

Fri, Jan 30, 2015 - 11:06pm
Boswell
-
L.ost A.rea, CA

Fixed It! A2A with Chris Martenson

Ran it through "Audacity" and boosted Chris up a bit...

https://www.filedropper.com/a2achrismjan15-2fixd

Sun, Feb 1, 2015 - 10:33am Boswell
thurd aye
-
North Korea

thx for the audacity revamp

thx for the audacity revamp with Chris M,good sound.

TPTB,BB,USG,UKG,and assorted liars,billionaire-politicians world wide.The noose awaits you .
Mon, Feb 2, 2015 - 3:37pm Lamenting Laverne
foggyroad

LL sweet

As the tea was kicking in I realized I needed to get up to speed!

As in...

"Then there's Ludicrous Speed. This is speed so fast that it breaks your brain, curves your spine, divides by zero, and is in every way inconceivable. After traveling at such velocities, a person is just never the same. It's the Brown Note of movement.

Ludicrous Speed is where during the story, a person will travel at such high speeds that it has a physical/or psychological effect on the person, usually mutation or insanity.

Named after "Ludicrous Speed!" in Spaceballs (which is so fast it causes a ship traveling at that rate to Motion Parallaxto plaid), though the effect there is basically limited to a Non Sequitur Thud."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LudicrousSpeed

I had read your post prior to my morning cuppa, had said cuppa, reread post, smoke emanating from ear holes.

My goodness you are one sharp cookie, boy o boy if I was younger and looking for a real woman to share my life with I would be looking for a beautiful mind just like Your's.

You are or will going to make some lucky bloke very happy, watta handful you must be to your Bo's.

I had to rustle up considerable reserve brain power to put forth a response to your elevated Fx knowledge, without seeming a total airhead.

I reserched some info I could digest, and offer it here..

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grade FX Trader?

As for those of us wondering how to profit, he elaborates:

International money flows are complex.

This relationship is not: Buy euro dips early in the London session, sell them in New York late afternoon.

LL, the SNB has really pulled the rug out from the FX brokers ala margin call induced insolvency due FX derivatives, coupled with Oil derivatives trading price plunge effect, how the BIS is keeping signals normal is beyond my paygrade.

Grexit, Russian sanctions foiled, all is not what it seems would be my take, time will tell but Gold must be managed.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your observations, that this is really important stuff, and a great effort is underway to keep a lid on the witches brew furiously bubbling under the scalding lid, some fat cat banker butt is getting mighty hot sitting on this cauldron.

These fartin through silk types, deserve butt blisters galore, Jmho.

LL, love your posts, I hope you are well and getting on top of the off line stuff.

Cheers,

your Friend Foggy

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-19/are-you-smarter-5th-grade-fx-t...

Mon, Feb 2, 2015 - 3:59pm
foggyroad

Great Idea

Secret Society of the Turd

​Jy, I think it is a great idea, and an excellent bit of humour to boot!

Someday I would love to share a few sodas with You, Pining, amd all the gang.

Pining is the bassist Lemmy?

​*

Lemmy Gets Healthy, Switches from Whiskey to Moscato, to Prepare for Summer Tour

July 1, 2014 by

Lemmy Kilmister has already spent enough time at home, sidelined for nearly a year by a small avalanche of health issues: heart trouble, diabetes, surgery and more. Now the Motörhead frontman is back, following up on the band’s acclaimed Coachella sets with a tour of European festivals that features dates as far east as Moscow’s Crocus City Hall and as far west as London’s Hyde Park.

READ MORE ON ROLLING STONE

Filed Under: Motörhead News

Is this a band groupy?

https://imotorhead.com/

Tue, Feb 3, 2015 - 7:37pm
Lamenting Laverne

One should always be very careful

not to read TFMR before having had one's morning cuppa!! As for the rest - you are FAAAAAAR too kind with your comments - so I don't know quite how to respond. It was just another one of those discrepancies jumping out on top of all the other oddities out there ;-)

Thu, Feb 26, 2015 - 4:23pm
Mon, Mar 2, 2015 - 2:46pm
question
-
WA

@benque re Guest Post: "Breaking Bad (Debt), by Jim Quinn

"waiting on technological innovations to enable us to open up new territories"

To my mind it's those very "technological innovations" that have brought us to the brink of destruction we are now experiencing. I'm not saying that tech. is bad; just that the true cost of many innovations have not been paid and the bill is now coming due.

Learn to behave
Sat, Jul 25, 2015 - 7:22am
Lamenting Laverne

@ Steve St. Angelo - A thousand hat tips to you.

Re: Active thread: "The Collapse Of The U.S. Retirement Market & Epic Rise In The Price Of Gold"

I am in awe of people who can describe complex issues very simply and carve the essence out in a few sentences and pictures. The mainstreet guest post by Steve St. Angelo does that in spades for me. It shoves aside a lot of medium term noise and gets to the point:

"We must remember, paper assets such as retirement accounts are CLAIMS ON FUTURE ENERGY CONSUMPTION"

There it is! So simple and beautiful. I am tempted to add "and/or labor input" - which is also a problem when we don't make enough babies to provide that labor to generate the continuously higher level of economic activity and growth through energy consumption that will pay for those continuously growing claims.

Unless someone pulls out a magic Tesla gadget and place it in every home in no time and make finite building resources and space infinite, I don't see how Steve can be wrong about this - at least in our part of the world. When the large generations from after WWII goes to bed for the last time, we will have a cliff dive in claims, but also a cliff dive in people to honor them.

I suppose that is why there is a sense of urgency about building new middle classes in areas with population growth like Asia, so they can pick up some of the debt machine slack and keep the ultimately unsustainable game going a bit longer. "Too bad" those guys are culturally inclined to save in Gold and not in Bonds - or at least that is what we are told. Maybe we will see a future with reverse export of "culture" and end up with a Gold Souq next to every Retail Mall.

@ Steve St. Angelo - A thousand hat tips to you. You said, what I basically already knew since I bought my first Troy Ounce, but I apparently really needed to hear that again! Thank you!

Sun, Dec 27, 2015 - 5:24pm
Boswell
-
L.ost A.rea, CA

Chinese Coast Guard English Markings...

Silver 66 asked about this...

the English language (which is the internationally recognised language of the sea),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Marine_Communication_Phrases

Same for aircraft, Postal language includes French "Par Avion".

Mon, May 9, 2016 - 1:17pm
Lamenting Laverne

@ Cashonly and JC - Executive Order

I cannot post on main street, so I hope you will see it here. It is regarding the Executive Order posts.

One thing I stumbled over was the responsibility for initiating Disaster and Emergency Preparedness exercises etc. across different agencies. That struck me as a rather odd responsibility for an (administrative) transition phase council, since a transition would presumably be a shorter duration thing, so it would be more logical to have disaster preparedness placed with agencies that can have permanent focus on this subject.

It left me with another "What the heck is going on!?!". Is he actually preparing a "provisional government (council)" knowing that a new president will not be installed on the assumed normal timeline?. Is a natural disaster of some predictable sort coming up after all? Paveway on ZH wrote that radiation levels are elevated in the US and Europe and that it is isotopes that can only come from a criticality somewhere. At the same time as Belgium has decided to hand out Iodide to all residents and at a time when it has been revealed that ISIS has been interested in a lead nuclear scientist in Belgium. Did ISIS actually get further with their plans than what we are being told? Or is it Fukushima? If so - why is it only Belgium handing out Iodide. And why do the preppers keep talking about agency leaked information of an expected failure of the grid? How the heck can you predict one of those with a timeframe? Who or what exactly is going to fry the grid? Didn't the leakers say anything about that? - or are you just fearmongering?

Normally, I wouldn't worry about these things, but I can't help wondering in the context of renewed military equipment movements, bioweapons drill and the President's highly bizarre comments at the WH-press corps dinner (I stopped listening halfway, because I couldn't stand people laughing about something a President should never joke about! - which means he might not be joking. "The end of the Republic has never looked better" - "We may not have this dinner next year" - and most bizarre - "[...] just counting down the days till my deathpanel". "Deathpanel"? Wouldn't the eloquent phrase from an accomplished speech writer rather have been something along the lines of "before I meet my maker" or "before I check into the next dimension", if they needed to be "fresh" about it? And the press-introductory video, where they had included a clip, where he talked about his Muslim faith and had to be corrected by the journalist. I mean - one thing is adversaries circulating that clip ad libitum, but that they would include it in a 2-term final summary at a function, where he would be attending, seems like another piece of stingy "humor" to me.

Finally - the Greg Hunter video with Larry Nichols. I think this guy is the same as the White House Insider or Wall Street Insider, that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago - I forget the name of the blog - but he was filled to the brim with hatred for Obama and Clinton too - and he was very sick back them too - if it is the same person, I cannot help but wondering, if he will be leaving behind a detailed "legacy" with full documentation and planned publication after his passing - and that they know this is what will happen too.

Anyways - just my 2 cents on the EO responsibilities.

Mon, May 9, 2016 - 9:44pm
Lamenting Laverne

@ Question - Thank you!

Thank you for putting the word through! That was very helpful and much appreciated ;-)

randomness