THREAD OF FAITH -

1980 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Feb 7, 2019 - 1:11pm
Trail Trekker

@NW View

I believe you summed up the problem of most religions when you said.......

"Everyone teaching on the same scriptures and zero agreement. "

Definitely a good thing to remove one's self from the main stream steeple houses and return to the Word as it was once given.

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 - 1:17pm
Trail Trekker

Bumper Stickers

I see the "COEXIST" bumper sticker everywhere however I like the one that says "CONTRADICT" the best. They can't all be true! John 14:6

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 - 1:45pm
NW VIEW

@ T. Trekker

To COEXIST could be a great thing "if" it is applied to limited arenas. A good neighborhood, old and young, black/brown/white all loving each other.

However, from the beginning, the followers of the Way of Life, found only in Christ Jesus as Lord, have NEVER COEXISTED. Man made religions have risen, saying that they are the true Church, killing the real believers by the millions. Oh how the believers need to study Church History. There is no COEXISTANCE when the demonic takes control of blinded clergy, wanting to protect their money and power, thinking they have the Truth and the Keys" of the Kingdom of God". Then we have a multitude of false gods, everywhere.

COEXIST really means, you do your thing and I will do mine and let the others do theirs and lets coexist together in peace. The apostles did not preach coexist but the gospel of the Kingdom of God, One Way only, casting out devils along their way, and being murdered for their stand for "ONE WAY ONLY".

Islam did not come along until hundreds of years after Pentecost. Was there a anointed, powerful steeple house to combat the evil, or even a major witness for the citizens to observe? Nope!

Yes, COEXIST is to compromise, become neutral, all gods are good and not standing for anything. Sounds like that one was thought up in hells board room. The Way of the Cross will never arrive at a coexist station. Fear of death and loss will rob the believer of the Way of Life in Christ.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Millers Church History page 340

Reflections on Mahometanism and Romanism

Having brought down our history, both civil and ecclesiastical, to the close of the eighth century, we may pause for a moment and reflect on what we have seen, where we are, and what we have to expect. We have watched the growth of the Roman See in the West, and how she gained the summit of her ambition. We have also seen the rise of a great antagonistic power in the East, inferior only in the extent of its religious and social influence to Christianity itself. The first sprang up gradually in the very centre of enlightened Christendom, the latter arose suddenly in an obscure district of a savage desert. But what, it may be asked, is the moral lesson to be drawn from the character and results of these two great powers? Both have been permitted by God, and, if we rightly judge, have been permitted by Him as a divine judgment on Christendom for its apostasy, and on the heathen for their idolatry. On the one hand, the war-cry was raised against all who refused faith or tribute to the creed and to the armies of the Caliphs; on the other hand, a more merciless war-cry was raised against all who refused to believe in the Virgin and the saints, their visions and miracles, their relics and images, according to the intolerant demands of idolatrous Rome. The Eastern churches had been weakened and wasted from the days of Origen by a Platonic philosophy, in the form of a metaphysical theology, which caused continual dissension. In the West controversy had been greatly avoided: power was the object there. Rome had aspired, for centuries, to the dominion of Christendom — of the world. Both were judicially dealt with by God in the fiery deluge from Arabia; but Mahometanism remains as the mighty scourge of God in the East, and Romanism in the West.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do we see the "moral lesson above"?

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Thu, Feb 7, 2019 - 2:23pm
NW VIEW

Jesus on "COEXIST"

John 15:18-27 King James Version (KJV) 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jesus came to divide, not to COEXIST. The apostles and the early Church did not compromise, standing as a true witness for men and demons. The divided systems have long ago lost their witness. They look for unity and numbers, building compromises to obtain followers. It will take a true revival, coming out of the teachings/coverings of man made religion, true repentance, or.......... The Muslims have learned not to COEXIST. They will not blend into any grouping, any location, and will never coexist with anything other than the god they serve. They will kill you and think that they do service to their own god, much like what happen during the dark ages. They learned those lessons from the blinded s.h. of that era.
Fri, Feb 8, 2019 - 8:32am
NW VIEW

Jesus, the COEXIST Destroyer: (Luke 12)

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

However, the blinded religions of the world, are learning to COEXIST without Him, forming a one world religion of Satan. Part of the end of days event, happening right now.

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 - 5:13pm
NW VIEW

A Dream of Two Harlots> Peter Whyte

While preparing the final chapter of this book I had an unusual dream, and the Lord gave me an interpretation of it. This is the only time I have had the experience of hearing from the Lord in this manner, and the Scriptures from Proverbs, which He gave me to confirm it, were unfamiliar to me. The following is an account of the experience, followed by the Scriptures confirming God’s interpretation. I dreamed that I was in a spacious office talking to a young receptionist. She was about thirty years my junior, charming, pretty and exuding fresh innocence, and we liked each other tremendously. As we walked to the door of the office I put my arm across her shoulders in a fatherly gesture, thinking of her affectionately like my own daughter. After a few paces she trustingly responded by putting her arm around me.( APPENDIX A DREAM OF TWO HARLOTS 138 The King and His Kingdom) She walked with me to the lobby, and as we left sight of those behind us in the office I bent and kissed her lips gently in farewell. She smiled back at me and we parted in a beautiful atmosphere, totally devoid of any sexual overtones. I rode in the lift to the car park, and for a split second I entertained a fleeting fantasy of a love affair with that fawn-like creature. I dismissed it as being unthinkable for an old married grandfather, and a Christian, too! The lift reached the car park level and a harlot appeared. She was waiting for me in the lobby, by the door to the parking lot. She was middle-aged, no longer fresh; blond, hard, with a good figure and aggressive. She reached for my hand, promising, selling herself hopefully. I was disgusted, affronted and totally unattracted, but I politely refused her and walked across the dusty lot toward my distant car in the sunshine. My thoughts were filled with self-righteous indignation. What did she take me for? I am a fine Christian husband and father. I could never go with a prostitute. I looked back across the lot and she was busy negotiating with a rather ugly, coarse man who had come out of the lift shortly after me. He quickly accepted her and she began to walk with him to his car. She quoted him $50, and I thought how hard it must be for a whore to entertain unattractive men. “No wonder she quoted him double the $25 she had offered me,” I thought vainly. He took her hand and, without pausing in their walk to his car, he refused and said he would pay her $15. She tried to get loose, refusing him and his lower price, but he ignored her and kept walking, dragging her with him. A fight developed and she broke loose and ran, but made no attempt to get away altogether. She was acting out a price negotiation and would take his battering in the course of her daily business. I felt compassion for her momentarily and then squashed it; she was only reaping what she sowed, the wicked woman. Then I woke up. It was 3:33 a.m. I said, “Lord, what was that all about?” And the Lord explained the dream. “You thought that those two women were totally different types, the first innocent and the second a whore. “But I tell you that your dream concerned two harlots, and both represent Babylonian Christianity. “The young one looks like the potential Bride of Christ. She represents the innocent appearance of men’s churches with the Bible studies, the beautiful services, the preaching, the meetings, and all that makes men say that their “churches” are definitely of God. It is all done in Jesus’ Name. “But I say to you that the young one is the MORE DANGEROUS. She lulls you into a sense of false security and innocence, but eventually if you pursue that sweet relationship she will seduce you; and you will also seduce her. “You will be in an adulterous relationship that does not appear to be one. Eventually your loyalty to her will exceed your loyalty to Me. “My children have little difficulty rejecting the obviously wrong cults and sects, the dreary, lifeless churches which the professional whore represents. “Therefore it is the other one of whom they are to be warned. They must flee from her or they will be ensnared.” My son, give attention to My wisdom, incline your ear to My understanding; that you may observe discretion, and your lips may reserve knowledge. For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and smoother than oil is her speech; but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death, her steps lay hold of Sheo. She does not ponder the path of life; her ways are unstable. SHE DOES NOT KNOW IT [All “churchianity” is deceived]. Now, then, my sons, listen to ME, and do not depart from the words of My mouth. Keep your way far from her, and DO NOT GO NEAR THE DOOR OF HER HOUSE, lest you give your vigor to others, and your years TO THE CRUEL ONE [Satan]; lest strangers be filled with your strength, AND YOUR HARD-EARNED GOODS [tithes and offerings] GO TO THE HOUSE OF AN ALIEN; and you groan at your latter end, when your flesh and your body are consumed [your earthly life is wasted]; and you say, “How I have hated instruction! And my heart [spirit] spurned reproof! And I have not listened to the voice of my teachers, nor inclined my ear to my instructors! I WAS ALMOST IN UTTER RUIN IN THE MIDST OF THE ASSEMBLY AND CONGREGATION” (Prov. 5:1-14). And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and The King and His Kingdom ~141 precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered greatly (Rev. 17:3-6). “And the woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” After these things I saw another angel coming down from Heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illumined with his glory. And he cried out with a might voice, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! And she has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird. For all the nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality.” And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive her plagues; for her sins have piled up as high as Heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Pay her back even as she has paid, and give back to her double according to her deeds; in the cup which she has mixed, mix twice as much for her. To the degree that she glorified herself and lived sensuously, to the same degree give her torment and mourning; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as a queen and I am not a widow, and will never see mourning.’ For this reason in one day her plagues will come, pestilence and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for the Lord who 142 judges her is strong” (Rev. 17:18-18:8). “Rejoice over her, O Heaven and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has pronounced judgment for you against her.” And a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “Thus will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer. And the sounds of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer; and the light of a lamp will not shine in you any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery. And in her was found the blood of the prophets and saints and of all who have been slain on the earth (Rev. 18:20-24).

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do we also see the two harlots?

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 - 8:08pm
sierra skier
-
ID

We do

Great parable through scripture.

Sun, Feb 10, 2019 - 7:51am
NW VIEW

A Soul for a Touchdown!

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/6-time-super-bowl-winner-tom-brady-attri...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Mark 8:36-38 King James Version (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Sun, Feb 10, 2019 - 10:17am
NW VIEW

Apostasy goldmine, NCC, Judgment coming:

Sun, Feb 10, 2019 - 10:36am
NW VIEW

The Apostles did not know about

the Church allowing for ordination of openly homosexual individuals. Nor did they know about bible colleges, with ordained individuals becoming holy ones or "reverends". They did not know about denominations, tithes to build buildings, nor a clergy class. They knew nothing about the switching of the man/woman rolls, within the Body.

Speaking about the super bowl, I noticed that Reverend Bernice King flipped the coin at the beginning of the game. She, along with the others are truly not a "reverend" but have left their original estate, taking on a roll that cannot be obtained in a bible school.

Some may think that it is a racist statement to say she is not a reverend, being black, however the color of the skin has nothing to do with being "out of order". jmo Jim

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Jude 1

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Sun, Feb 10, 2019 - 1:07pm (Reply to #1949)
Trail Trekker

Witchcraft and Super Bowl rings

can certainly be obtained with the help of the devil but it's sad that they will be spending their eternity in the fiery pit of hell.

Mon, Feb 11, 2019 - 12:18am
NW VIEW

Matthew 23: 5-8

'Mystical Rabbi’ Johnathan Cahn Openly Espouses Kabbalah

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Judaizers have risen, from the depths of the old covenant, deceiving the nations, robbing the many of their Life.

Mon, Feb 11, 2019 - 6:31pm
NW VIEW

There are real traps out there!

My old departed friend, D., would say often: "Jim, do not be against anything, for that position just does not work". I have decided that his understanding of the Church was different than mine and even different than Jesus's. But it does have a bit of merit. I would say: "Well D., I am against sin"! He really did not want to be against anything but to be positive. Sounded good, but had some big holes.

I have learned, over the many years, that a balance is good, but hearing from the Holy Spirit within, is best. Generally speaking, we have pointed out the judgment upon the steeple house systems of men and demons and could write on the subject forever. We could list the deceived clergy, now and within the past and never run out of messages. We could continue to compare the doctrine of the false systems with what the scriptures plainly teach and that never will end. Or:

We could take D.s approach and only be positive, allowing for all errors to be overlooked, thinking that the messages/doctrines are meant for some but not for us. There are plenty of false clergy out there, wanting to preach a positive doctrine and never calling the pew setters to repentance. Much time would be wasted again, trying to warn the sheep about the wolf at the alter.

The situation today is neither position causes very much action, few ever repent, and most just move from one S.H. to another, a new clergy with a so-called anointing. There is still something missing.

"IF" we could have moved onward, from the basics, leaving behind the things that the sheep should have learned in their first month of salvation and Life, then we could have spoken on the issues that Satan does not want taught within the assemblies. The Remnant Church, throughout history, has understood these Truths and the assemblies of today have been blinded. Though they have eyes to see and ears to hear, they do not understand. jmo

Mon, Feb 11, 2019 - 8:11pm
NW VIEW

Paul told us at Mars' Hill

Acts 17:22-31 King James Version (KJV)

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 6:20pm
NW VIEW

It takes time to learn to stand:

Reflecting back a few decades, I can easily see, where I was in bondage to the systems of men and demons. Started out in a large cult, finally was "born again" and told that it was important to "join and support a steeple house and submit to the pastors".

After being there a few seasons, I could see that they did not understand the scriptures, and did not see the evidence of Eph. 4: 11-12. It looked like a money making business for the pastors. I decided to talk to the older men and related what I saw in the system. They said" you will not see any changes from

outside and you must work for change on the inside, get involved and present what needs to be fixed". Well, I tried that, being on the board of elders, seeing what was really happening, behind the scenes, and it was disturbing. Meeting after meeting with the so-called anointed leader. Finally, I could see that nothing would be allowed to disturb their divided methods of building up their division nor stop the flow of income. Yes, I resigned, long ago and that is when you become the enemy of entire congregation, and not being successful in even one change in their system. The old men were incorrect! The best method is to confront the believers, and with no change, dust off your feet as you walk out the door.

Yes Satan will see you as a enemy and the blind steeple house will also see you the same. One of the pastors told people that "If" I joined his steeple house and sat under his teaching, I could be saved. They actually see outsiders as unfit and unsaved. My bigger mistake was to listen to the old men who were trapped within the system of men, having given up their callings from the Lord and entered into deceptions. jmo Jim

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 8:19pm
sierra skier
-
ID

It is so easy to be Fooled

By those who run the organized church. The sad part is they all believe they are worshiping in the proper fashion. I was fortunate to discover that issue as a teenager, altar boy and very involved member of the congregation.

I have never wavered in my faith, just questioned how best to maintain and share it. With knowing that I have accepted the lord within my heart and soul I am at peace within myself. Jim, your scriptures quotes continue to verify that I have taken the correct path. Thank you for the continued reinforcement.

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 9:24pm (Reply to #1957)
Trail Trekker

Fooled

I too have been fooled. Having accepted the Lord at a very young age I have always beeen so matter of fact about the purpose of attending church and participating in the activities and have been known to get quite vocal and defensive about it. I am thankful for this thread and the information I have received with a more open mind than ever before in my life. There is no doubt in my mind I am on the right path to usher forward the rest of my days.

Thu, Feb 14, 2019 - 12:10am
NW VIEW

Eph. 2, the real Gift!

5 Even when we were dead by sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, by whose grace ye are saved,

6 And hath raised us up [o]together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

7 That he might show in the ages to come the exceeding riches of his grace through his kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

8 For by [p]grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God,

9 [q]Not of works, lest any man should boast himself.

10 For we are [r]his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ordained, that we should walk in them.

Thu, Feb 14, 2019 - 6:17pm
Pug Nuggets

Steeple House

I was raised Catholic and as a kid said the rosary and went to confession and made my First Communion and Confirmation.

I left the RCC after graduating high school, but when I had my son, the Lord was evident in my life and I wanted to be the very best person I could. I was living "in sin" - not married.

I did want to confess all my sin and get forgiveness. So I went to the closest Catholic Church and waited in line for the confessional. Before it was my turn to go into the confessional, the priest came out and said that confession was over for the day.

Praise God that I had a born-again Christian friend who eventually led me to her church that was Spirit filled, and I accepted Jesus as my savior.

I appreciate to read all these comments.

Thu, Feb 14, 2019 - 7:12pm (Reply to #1960)
NW VIEW

@ Pug Nuggets

Thanks for posting your wonderful testimony. Many, many upon these forums, over the years, were raised as RCCers. I fully understand their mind set, having been there myself, and have helped as many as possible, over the decades.

One good aspect of growing up in an old Polish RCC (Latin mass) family was they really placed the "fear of God" in all of us. I was told I was going to hell every week and I believed them. It just about drove my sister insane. The nuns were unhappy women and ya better not cross any of them, or it is across the hall, to the private room, and they would take their frustrations out on you.

I had to learn to forgive them and it took being "born again" to see that they just needed "Christ within", oh what a tragic situation. The system holds on to their members through the avenue of FEAR OF HELL, if you leave them. The situation is actually the opposite.

I write often about "Church History", sometimes pointing out the millions of saved believers who were murdered by the RCC, IT IS HISTORY! I also need to point out that that was not outside of my family history. My Polish generations were most likely involved in setting the fires of death. For this, I have asked the Lord for forgiveness. I have been with two retired RC priests who were saved as you, after retirement and both are married. One had three daughters. Oh, if only, the ones in bondage, could have listened to their testimonies and their becoming "born again", even after retirement. Thanks for your wonderful message. Jim

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Doc and TF Partnership Advertisement

Recent Comments

by sengfarmer, 4 hours 24 min ago
by hilton_h181, Feb 21, 2019 - 11:18pm
by NW VIEW, Feb 21, 2019 - 10:09pm
by karma polis, Feb 21, 2019 - 9:56pm
randomness