THREAD OF FAITH -

2483 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Jan 17, 2019 - 12:19am
NW VIEW

Yes it says with "persecutions".

28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Mark 10 kjv

31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Thu, Jan 17, 2019 - 9:46am
NW VIEW

Interesting short video to ponder:

Prophecy : False Prophet Pope Francis vs The Two Witnesses Future Scenario | Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj
Thu, Jan 17, 2019 - 5:43pm
NW VIEW

Suso, 700 years ago:

“I tell you, you art right when you prayest God to have mercy upon poor Christendom; for know that for many hundred years Christendom has never been so poor or so wicked as in these times; but I tell you, whereas you sayest that the wicked Jews and heathen are all lost, that is not true. I tell you, in these days, there is a portion of the heathen and the Jews whom God preferreth greatly to many who bear the Christian name and yet live contrary to all Christian order ... where a Jew or heathen, in any part of the world, hath a good, God-fearing mind in him, in simplicity and honesty, and in his reason and judgement knoweth no better faith than that in which he was born, but were minded and willing to cast that off if he were given to know any other faith that were more acceptable to God, and would obey God, if he ventured body and goods therefor; I tell you, where there is a Jew or heathen thus earnest in this life, say, ought he not to be much dearer to God than the evil, false Christian men who have received baptism, and act contrary to God, knowing that they do so?" The Pilgrim Church, Broadbent, Page 129

Fri, Jan 18, 2019 - 8:08am NW VIEW
sierra skier
-
ID

Thank You Jim

NW VIEW wrote:

Your post made my day, thanks.

I am so pleased my post helped add light to your day.

Fri, Jan 18, 2019 - 10:09am
NW VIEW

Freedom in America????

I was pondering the past and remember two shocking events:

1. I was in Zululand, teaching/preaching to the small villages. I was invited to their local public school and was introduced to the principal. He brought out the entire student body and asked me to address all of them. He said something like: "Jim, the future of our nation is within these students and our only hope is in Christ". Oh what a wonderful event and the students were wonderful. Oh how RSA needs to receive Him and come to repentance today.

2. I was speaking at several events in the Ukraine 25+ years ago. I met a local public school teacher at one of the meetings. She came to me and said: "Jim, I have become a Christian and have started bible study classes in the public schools. I need your help. Would you come and teach the students and their parents about Jesus?" Yes, we had some amazing meetings, preaching at their palace of culture, where the banners of Lenin were still hanging from the ceiling.

I told the teacher that it is illegal, to have a bible study or to address the student body about Jesus, in America. Now we see our fallen condition. Jim

Fri, Jan 18, 2019 - 12:05pm
NW VIEW

The King and His Kingdom- Peter Whyte

JUDAISTIC CHRISTIANITY OPPOSES THE KINGDOM “...you are a CHOSEN race, a royal PRIESTHOOD, a HOLY nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light.” (1 Peter 2:9) In the church of the Kingdom every believer is a PRIEST and every believer is a SAINT. A saint is a sanctified one, a holy person, separated unto Christ. In the true church there is no mediatorial or clergy-class called priests, and no special class of super-holy ones known as ‘saints’ because of their achievements. The idea of clergy and laity has its origin in Judaism and has nothing to do with the New Covenant, and should have no place in the true church. Denominational ‘churches’ propagate a form of Judaistic Christianity. This has no place in the church of the Kingdom. They were still babes, and as such they were not spiritual, and so they remained in carnality. Nevertheless, in God’s eyes, they were not lacking in any spiritual gift and were ALL BLAMELESS SAINTS in their standing before Him, because Paul described them as… “those who had been sanctified in Christ Jesus… not lacking in any gift.” (1 Corinthians 1:2,7&8) These divisions within the body of Christ continue today, with many remaining as babes in Christ, walking like mere men. Paul rebuked the whole Church in Corinth for their divisions… “Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, ‘I am of Paul,’ and ‘I am of Apollos,’ and ‘I am of Cephas,’ and ‘I am of Christ.’ Has Christ been divided?” (1 Corinthians 1:12-13a) How much more would Paul rebuke those today who say, “I am a Baptist,” or “I am a Methodist,” or “I am a Pentecostal,” or whatever name defines their particular denomination, group or sect? Because so many remain in infancy, never acknowledging the Holy Spirit as their Teacher, they do not grow in the knowledge of Christ. Their minds are not renewed by the Spirit and they retain worldly thinking instead of aspiring to have the mind of Christ. Their minds remain set on the flesh rather than the Spirit and so fellowship in the spirit is lost or greatly impaired. We are called, “not to be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the RENEWING OF OUR MINDS, that we may prove what is the will of God, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” (see Romans 12:2) Regarding being a level brotherhood, Paul was careful to point out that the apostles were not a special class of SUPER-SAINTS, but merely SERVANTS who belonged to the people of God. We need to understand that although some brothers or sisters may have a particular gifting, they are not by virtue of this set over their brethren. Those brothers with a God-given gifting, those who are gifts to the church, such as an apostle, a prophet, an evangelist, a shepherd or teacher, are set IN the body, not over it. “What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.” (1 Corinthians 3:5-7) “Let no one boast in men. For all things belong to you, whether Paul or Apollos, or Cephas or the world, or life or death, or things present or things to come; all things belong to you, and you belong to Christ; and Christ belongs to God.” (1 Corinthians 3:21-23) We must always remember that the true church is a level brotherhood; a brotherhood of equals. In Christ each saint is made righteous and holy, yet so many have been denied the “word of righteousness”, which is the milk of the word that they might grow thereby. Instead, new believers are taught the concepts of man and their manmade traditions, and not pointed to the Teacher, the Holy Spirit who is now in them. So it is, many still think of themselves as sinners and not as saints, and have no comprehension of their standing before God in Christ. Satan is the creator of the chains that hold many in bondage, and he has cleverly created a form of ‘Judaistic Christianity’ as part of his strategy of deception, to bind and overcome the church so as to prevent her walking in Christ’s victory. We see in her infancy, the church of the New Testament had yet to receive the revelation that they were no longer under the Law or the requirements of the Old Covenant. They had to learn that they were set free from their Judaistic past, and to continue to walk in them would be a snare; a deception to prevent them walking in the freedom of Christ and pressing on to maturity. We see that the church at Jerusalem continued to KEEP THE LAW OF MOSES AND TO OFFER SACRIFICES IN THE JEWISH TEMPLE, not realising that THE OLD COVENANT WAS OBSOLETE. Several years AFTER the resurrection of Jesus, the Jewish believers in Jerusalem were still struggling to understand the gospel of grace, despite the fact that the twelve apostles were the founding members of the church at Jerusalem. The things which were ordained by God for Israel of old, are no longer to be part of the church, and clinging to these things stands in the way of a true walk in the Spirit. It is impossible to see the Kingdom, and walk by the Spirit, whilst we cling to buildings that we still call ‘temples’, or ‘houses of God’, trying to fulfil the Law by works of the flesh, and in the process still retaining a priesthood to act as our mediators.

Sat, Jan 19, 2019 - 11:08am
NW VIEW

English Nonconformists:

There was a church in London, founded on the ground of Scripture, in the reign of Edward VI, composed of French, Dutch, and Italian Christians. There were also English churches of this character considerably earlier, stretching back indeed to Lollard times, for the Bishop of London in 1523 wrote that the great band of Wycliffite heretics were nothing new. There are records of “Congregations" in England in 1555 and Baptist churches are known to have existed in the reign of Queen Elizabeth, before 1589. Both those called Independents or Congregationalists and those called Baptists were independent churches of believers, differing in this that the Baptists practised the baptism of believers only, while the Independents baptized infants one of whose parents (or whose guardian) was a believer. Robert Browne was so active in proclaiming the independence of each believing congregation that, following the old habit of giving some sectarian name to those outside of the State Church, such companies were often called “Brownists". Sir Walter Raleigh stated in Parliament that there were thousands of Brownists at that time. Browne’s writings, as for instance his book entitled, “A Booke which sheweth the Life and Manners of all true Christians, and howe unlike they are unto Turkes and Papistes and Heathen folke", and another, “A Treatise of Reformation without Tarrying for Anie", exercised a great influence. For circulating them, two men were hanged in Bury St. 246 Edmunds, in 1583, and as many of the books as could be found were burned. Browne himself, hunted, imprisoned, persecuted, at last broke down in mind and body, and allowed himself to be forced back into the Established Church. All forms of Dissent were relentlessly persecuted, Puritans, Presbyterians, and especially Baptists and Independents. The gaols were crowded with them, and as these were foul beyond description, unknown members died of the diseases, misery, and ill-treatment which then accompanied imprisonment. The most distinguished men among the Independents were Barrowe, Greenwood and Penry. The two former had shown unanswerably that the only upright and straightforward course for those who did not believe in the Scripturalness of the Established Church was to separate from it, that it was dishonourable for a man to give assent to what he did not believe, or believed only in part, and especially for him to accept position and payment to disseminate it. After years in prison they were both hanged. Penry was so much moved by the miserable condition of the people in Wales that he not only preached and laboured among them indefatigably himself, but tried to incite others to do the same, thus disturbing the neglectful, notoriously evilliving clergy of that country and arousing their envious hatred. He was a man who possessed in an unusual degree the gifts and graces of a minister of Christ; he was of godly life, full of love and compassion for souls, learned, sympathetic, of strong family affections, and devoted in the service of the Gospel. His work was effectual in the conversion of sinners and building up of those who believed, chiefly in Wales, but also largely in Scotland and England. He too, was taken, in London, and hanged, soon after his two fellowworkers in the Gospel. These men were connected with a church known as the “Privye Churche in London". Its foundation principle was the saying of the Lord: “where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matt. 18.20). It had no fixed place of meeting, gatherings being held in private houses or in the open fields. One of its meetings was broken up in 1567, and fourteen or fifteen of its leading members imprisoned. In 1592 fifty-six of them were seized in a meeting where they were worshipping God. Large numbers of them from many parts lay year after year in utmost misery, in 247 dungeons and in chains. In six years seventeen died in gaol, and, later, twenty-four in one year. (The Pilgrim Church)

Sat, Jan 19, 2019 - 11:29am
NW VIEW

A repeat of History?

When we look at the evil of religion, combined with the power of the state and controlling the state, they form a alliance that crucified Jesus. When we see the power of evil/demonic men of old, controlling the lives of kings/nations and even the dirt farmers, we see the millions killed in the dark ages. Those ages appear to be returning. We see the forming of a one world religion, already happening. We see the kings of the earth locking arms with the evils within. Now, if we are awake spiritually, we will understand what true tribulations will look like, for it is just around the bend in time, as the Clock of the universe is right on schedule. jmo Jim
Sat, Jan 19, 2019 - 5:41pm
NW VIEW

The History of evil in the steeple house:

John Foxe quotes Showing 1-30 of 65

“A good Christian is bound to relinquish not only goods and children, but life itself, for the glory of his Redeemer: therefore I am resolved to sacrifice every thing in this transitory world, for the sake of salvation in a world that will last to eternity.”
― John Foxe, Foxe's Book of Martyrs

“And as for the Pope, I refuse him as Christ's enemy, and antichrist, with all his false doctrine.”

“Mr. Latimer to say: "Be of good cheer, Ridley; and play the man. We shall this day, by God's grace, light up such a candle in England, as I trust, will never be put out.”

“Sire—I have received an order, under your majesty's seal, to put to death all the protestants in my province. I have too much respect for your majesty, not to believe the letter a forgery; but if (which God forbid) the order should be genuine, I have too much respect for your majesty to obey it.”
― John Foxe, Fox's Book of Martyrs Or A History of the Lives, Sufferings, and Triumphant Deaths of the Primitive Protestant Martyrs

“The Jesuit turned away, saying, sarcastically, "The Protestants are impenetrable rocks." "You are mistaken," said Kutnaur, "it is Christ that is the Rock, and we are firmly fixed upon Him.”

“The blessed Gospel of Christ is what I hold; that do I believe, that have I taught, and that will I never revoke!”

“I was brought up in a religion by which I was always taught to renounce the devil; but should I comply with your desire, and go to Mass, I should be sure to meet him there in a variety of shapes.”

“the archbishop endeavored to prevail on Mr. Wishart to recant; but he was too firmly fixed in his religious principles and too much enlightened with the truth of the Gospel, to be in the least moved.”

“Oh, ye papists, behold! ye look for miracles; here now may you see a miracle; for in this fire I feel no more pain than if I were in bed; for it is as sweet to me as a bed of roses." Thus he resigned his soul into the hands of his Redeemer.”

“Parsons pulled the straw near to him, and then said to the spectators, "This is God's armor, and now I am a Christian soldier prepared for battle: I look for no mercy but through the merits of Christ;”

“Germanicus, a young man, but a true christian, being delivered to the wild beasts on account of his faith, behaved with such astonishing courage, that several pagans became converts to a faith which inspired such fortitude.”
― John Foxe, Fox's Book of Martyrs Or A History of the Lives, Sufferings, and Triumphant Deaths of the Primitive Protestant Martyrs

“William Tyndale, and Miles Coverdale, both voluntary exiles from their country for their aversion to popish superstition and idolatry.”

“I am persuaded that I am in the right opinion, and I see no cause to recant; for all the filthiness and idolatry lies in the Church of Rome.”

“I defy the pope, and all his laws;" and added, "If God spared him life, ere many years he would cause a boy that driveth the plough to know more of the Scripture than he did.”

“the pope's being infallible was an impossibility, and the pope arrogantly laid claim to what could belong to God only, as a perfect being.”

“I fear neither death nor fire, being prepared for both.”

“Wicliffe's talents: he soon produced a tract against popery, which was eagerly read by all sorts of people.”

“I maintain no doctrines of my own; what I preach are the doctrines of Christ, and for those I will forfeit my blood, and even think myself happy to suffer for the sake of my Redeemer.”

“The priests told the people that whoever brought fagots to burn heretics would have an indulgence to commit sins for forty days.”

“At the martyrdom of Faustines and Jovita, brothers and citizens of Brescia, their torments were so many, and their patience so great, that Calocerius, a pagan, beholding them, was struck with admiration, and exclaimed in a kind of ecstacy, "Great is the God of the christians!" for which he was apprehended, and suffered a similar fate.”

“Marcellus, bishop of Rome, being banished on account of his faith, fell a martyr to the miseries he suffered in exile, 16th Jan. A. D. 310.”

“On the death of Leo X. in 1521, Adrian, the inquisitor general was elected pope. He had laid the foundation of his papal celebrity in Spain. "It appears, according to the most moderate calculation, that during the five years of the ministry of Adrian, 24,025 persons were condemned by the inquisition, of whom one thousand six hundred and twenty were burned alive.”

“His astonishing constancy during these trials, and serenity of countenance while under such excruciating torments, gave the spectators so exalted an idea of the dignity and truth of the christian religion, that many became converts upon the occasion,”

“Bucer did not hesitate to declare, that "Servetus deserved something worse than death.”

“the smoke of Patrick Hamilton hath infected all those on whom it blew.”

“My Lord Jesus Christ, for my sake, did wear a crown of thorns; why should not I then, for His sake, again wear this light crown, be it ever so ignominious?”

“Moreover, the papal system has opposed the march of civilization and liberty throughout the world, by denouncing the circulation of the Bible, and the general diffusion of knowledge. Turn to every land where popery predominates, and you will find an ignorant and debased peasantry, a profligate nobility, and a priesthood, licentious, avaricious, domineering and cruel.”

“At Clavison the mayor prohibited the Protestants the practice of singing the Psalms commonly used in the temple, that, as he said, the Catholics might not be offended or disturbed.”

“Queen Mary's succession to the throne, when the Gospel and true religion were banished, and the Antichrist of Rome, with his superstition and idolatry, introduced.”

“John Huss was born at Hussenitz, a village in Bohemia, about the year 1380.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We may turn a blind eye into history but the accounts are still written in heaven. Jim

Sat, Jan 19, 2019 - 5:53pm
NW VIEW

George Fox was a Quaker, and this is our history:

"EDWARD RAWSON, SEC." "At a General Court Held at Boston, the Fourteenth of October, 1657" "As an addition to the late order, in reference to the coming or bringing of any of the cursed sect of the Quakers into this jurisdiction, it is ordered that whosoever shall from henceforth bring, or cause to be brought, directly, or indirectly, any known Quaker or Quakers, or other blasphemous heretics, into this jurisdiction, every such person shall forfeit the sum of one hundred pounds to the country, and shall by warrant from any magistrate be committed to prison, there to remain until the penalty be satisfied and paid; and if any person or persons within this jurisdiction, shall henceforth entertain and conceal any such Quaker or Quakers, or other blasphemous heretics, knowing them so to be, every such person shall forfeit to the country forty shillings for every hour's entertainment and concealment of any Quaker or Quaker, etc., as aforesaid, and shall be committed to prison as aforesaid, until the forfeiture be fully satisfied and paid. "And it is further ordered, that if any Quaker or Quakers shall presume, after they have once suffered what the law requires, to come into this jurisdiction, every such male Quaker shall, for the first offence, have one of his ears cut off, and be kept at work in the House of Correction, until he can be sent away at his own charge; and for the second offence, shall have his other ear cut off; and every woman Quaker, that has suffered the law here, that shall presume to come into this jurisdiction, shall be severely whipped, and kept at the House of Correction at work, until she be sent away at her own charge, and so also for her coming again, she shall be alike used as aforesaid. "And for every Quaker, he or she, that shall a third time herein again offend, they shall have their tongues bored through with a hot iron, and be kept at the House of Correction close to work, until they be sent away at their own charge. "And it is further ordered, that all and every Quaker arising from among ourselves, shall be dealt with, and suffer the like punishment as the law provides against foreign Quakers. "
Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 1:57pm sierra skier
Trail Trekker

Sierra Skier

Your post to which NW View was referring to also made my day much brighter when I read it!

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 2:01pm NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

NW View

I love hearing about your past encounters and teaching! My husband and I speak often about how they have removed Jesus and the pledge of allegiance from the schools and think how closely our country is becoming just like the others in the expulsion of Jesus. It is very said especially when they need Jesus so much right now to be in the classrooms.
Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 2:09pm
Trail Trekker

@NW View

Thank you for the clarification on the Jewish Roots Movement.

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 2:39pm
Trail Trekker

Catholicism

I was talking to a Catholic about their Religion and/or Cult and this particular one said that their time on Earth is Purgatory and they revere Lent. I said don't you think it's quite odd that Catholic followers weren't even allowed to touch the Bible hanging at the pulpit or to even see what was really in it? As for Lent, shouldn't everyday be Lent when it comes to having Jesus in your life? Don't you think it's strange to pray to Mary or confess to someone behind a wall when you can bypass all that and go straight to Jesus? And how could one possibly take the Pope seriously when he says "who am I to judge someone who is gay?" Sounds to me that the pope isn't reading his Bible when it clearly states that homosexuality is against the standards of God..... Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination. Romans 1:26-27 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1 Timothy 1:8-11 - But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully; Romans 1:27 - And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1 Kings 14:24 - And there were also sodomites in the land: [and] they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel. Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Romans 1:26 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Isaiah 56:3-5 - Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I [am] a dry tree. Sadly, it's not just Catholicism that is accepting homosexuals into their steeple houses letting them serve on boards and run the music industry and teach our children. I'm finding that almost everywhere is it becoming acceptable. Makes me sick to my stomach. I know it says to love the sinner and hate the sin but why isn't everyone preaching this? Must be afraid or they need that extra buck to keep them running operations. Very sad indeed.
Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 3:54pm
NW VIEW

Trail Trekker, a woman of conviction and courage:

Wow, you are tackling a huge issue and are traveling down a pathway that most are fearful to travel. I think that I will again some of my testimony, but first, have a short view of the Catholic Catechism:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://archeparchy.ca/wcm-docs/docs/catechism-of-the-catholic-church.pdf

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you study some of, not all, of their doctrine, it hits and misses on some basic Christian beliefs.The problem comes forth when detoured men entered and forgot what the basic were, teaching false doctrines. The system made sure that the pew setters would not actually read the new testament, keeping them blinded to the Truth and the teachings of the Holy Spirit and the apostles. Many new laws, made to control the assemblies through fear of hell, came forth as it is today and has created a highway that few real RCCers will depart from. I have prayed with many/many who came to the Light of Life and even met two former, retired priests who were saved after retirement.

Now a bit of testimony: My entire family, that came from the old country were devoted RCCers. I grew up in the system, some Catholic schooling, alter boy, and headed to the confessional often, and never ever felt like my sins were actually forgiven. I was a professional sinner. I would sit on that hard pew, Sunday after Sunday, empty and lost, praying "Lord, I know You are real but I cannot find You in this place nor any other place. Where is the phone to call you up?" I did what they said to do, followed our priest, and figured the best I could hope for was to burn in Purgatory for a few hundred years.

I finally had a moment of relief. I was invited to a non-RCC event, my first and I was frightened. Long story. My life changed forever that night, and I was never the same. I decided that I would share my experience with my priest. He was home, sitting in a chair in his under shorts, drinking what he called moose milk (booze). I think he was an alcoholic. He was angry that I had found "Christ within" and he never ever talked to me again. I was now an enemy to his steeple house.

My dad was not happy either, for I was the first within the family to come to Christ, outside of the divided system. My sister quit the system after attending RCC schools, wherein the nuns placed so much fear upon her, telling her she was going to hell, and she just about lost it mentally. She joined the cult of Scientology and has been in it to this day, thinking she has peace within. (I guess the nuns were correct).

Oh how much to type: I will just say that one may belong to the RCC or the JW's, the Mormons, or the other thousands of divided steeple house systems, and all actually never come to the knowledge of the Truth which is only in Christ Jesus as Lord. All of the divided steeple houses have their form of Catechism. Men have divided over many/many issues, and some issues do not matter. However, "one must be born again" and that will never happen by joining a system, sitting on a hard pew, following the teaching of the priests/pastors or Right Rev. Mary Jane, for Purgatory does not exist, but hells doors are open wide, to receive all who have never came to true repentance and have asked Christ to enter into their Temple, which is nothing more or less than your body. It is written. Jim

Mon, Jan 21, 2019 - 8:59pm Trail Trekker
sierra skier
-
ID

Trail Trekker wrote:

Trail Trekker wrote:

Your post to which NW View was referring to also made my day much brighter when I read it!

Thank you TT. I like to keep NWVIEW company here with occasional input as appropriate. Your interest certainly has his interest and your contributions welcomed.

Tue, Jan 22, 2019 - 12:56pm
NW VIEW

It is written, "at the last day"!

John 6:40-59 King James Version (KJV)

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Since the dead "in Christ" will rise first, and we that remain will be "caught up", it is easy to understand that getting out early is only a dream. jmo Jim

Tue, Jan 22, 2019 - 7:27pm
NW VIEW

The Bible of the Protestant Reformation (The Protestors)

Isaiah 53 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

53 1 Of Christ and his kingdom, whose word few will believe. 6 All men are sinners. 11 Christ is our righteousness, 12 and is dead for our sins.

1 Who [a]will believe our report? and to whom is the [b]arm of the Lord revealed?

2 But he shall grow up before him as a branch, and as a [c]root out of a dry [d]ground; he hath neither form nor beauty: when we shall see him, there shall be no form that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men: he is a man full of sorrows, and hath experience of [e]infirmities: we hid as it were our faces from him: he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely, he hath born our infirmities, and carried [f]our sorrows, yet we did judge him as [g]plagued and smitten of God, and humbled.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions: he was broken for our iniquities: the [h]chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes are we healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray: we have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord hath laid upon him the [i]iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet did he not [j]open his mouth: he is brought as a sheep to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearer is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.

8 He was taken out from [k]prison, and from judgment: [l]and who shall declare his age? for he was cut out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he plagued.

9 [m]And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no wickedness, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet the Lord would break him and make him subject to infirmities: when [n]he shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed and shall prolong hisdays, and the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the [o]travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied; by his knowledge shall my [p]righteous servant justify many: for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I give him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because [q]he hath poured out his soul unto death; and he was counted with the transgressors, and he bare the sin [r]of many, and prayed for the trespassers.

Footnotes:

1. Isaiah 53:1 The Prophet showeth that very few shall receive this their preaching of Christ, and of their deliverance by him, John 12:38; Rom. 10:16.
  2. Isaiah 53:1 Meaning, that none can believe, but whose hearts God toucheth with the virtue of his holy Spirit.
  3. Isaiah 53:2 The beginning of Christ’s kingdom shall be small and contemptible in the sight of man, but it shall grow wonderfully, and flourish before God.
  4. Isaiah 53:2 Read Isa. 11:1.
  5. Isaiah 53:3 Which was by God’s singular providence for the comfort of sinners, Heb. 4:15.
  6. Isaiah 53:4 That is, the punishment due to our sins: for the which he hath both suffered and made satisfaction, Matt. 8:17; 1 Pet. 2:24.
  7. Isaiah 53:4 We judgeth evil, thinking that he was punished for his own sins, and not for ours.
  8. Isaiah 53:5 He was chastised for our reconciliation, 1 Cor. 15:3.
  9. Isaiah 53:6 Meaning, the punishment of our iniquity, and not the fault itself.
  10. Isaiah 53:7 But willingly and patiently obeyed his father’s appointment, Matt. 26:63; Acts 8:32.
  11. Isaiah 53:8 From the cross and grave, after that he was condemned.
  12. Isaiah 53:8 Though he died for sin, yet after his resurrection he shall live forever and this his death is to restore life to his members, Rom. 6:9.
  13. Isaiah 53:9 God the Father delivered him into the hands of the wicked, and to the powers of the world to do with him what they would.
  14. Isaiah 53:10 Christ by offering up himself shall give life to his Church, and so cause them to live with him forever.
  15. Isaiah 53:11 That is, the fruit and effect of his labor, which is the salvation of his Church.
  16. Isaiah 53:11 Christ shall justify by faith through his word, whereas Moses could not justify by the law.
  17. Isaiah 53:12 Because he humbled himself, therefore he shall be extolled to glory, Phil. 2:7-12.
  18. Isaiah 53:12 That is, of all that believe in him.
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 - 3:45pm NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

@NW View

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the LORD.

Am I understanding correctly that if you die before the 2nd coming you will automatically go up and be with Christ until that time of the 2nd coming where the dead in Christ will rise first meaning their body will then reunite with them? If not where are the saved ones that have passed away right now?

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 - 8:38pm
NW VIEW

@ T. Trekker, It is Written:

2 Corinthians 5 King James Version (KJV)

5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It happened to the Saints before and will happen again:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Matthew 27:52-53 King James Version (KJV)

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 King James Version (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Much could be gained, in understanding, if we could see that there is a three fold problem. Jesus, currently has a resurrected Body. We do not and those who have died since the last resurrection do not. We are to be like Him, conforming to His Image. That means that the dead in Christ will rise first. That takes care of their immediate problem and now they are like Him, a resurrected body. And we which remain, will be "caught up", knowing that flesh and blood CANNOT inherit the Kingdom of God, nor enter within it. Yes, all will not die but be transformed in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. Now that is what is written. Jim

Contribute

Donate Shop

Forum Discussion

by AGXIIK, Oct 20, 2019 - 5:58pm
by SteveW, Oct 20, 2019 - 4:09pm
by Solsson, Oct 20, 2019 - 12:30pm
by sierra skier, Oct 20, 2019 - 11:30am
by Green Lantern, Oct 20, 2019 - 8:17am