THREAD OF FAITH -

2166 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jan 25, 2017 - 12:13pm
NW VIEW

Early notice of gathering at the lake!

When we were at the alternative hospital, in Mexico, we gained some new friends. Several received the Lord Jesus within and their lives were changed, forever! One of the women lives on the east coast and wants to be baptized in one of our local lakes in June. Her daughter also wants to be baptized. So, if you are in the area (PNW) in late June, we will be gathering with some of the local Church for a BBQ and with our new friends/family of God to be witnesses of their commitment to the Lord within the lake.

RSVP for details. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Thu, Jan 26, 2017 - 3:40pm
NW VIEW

No Cross, No Crown, William Penn, p. 58-59

6. Paul, that great apostle of the Gentiles, twice expressly refers the word temple to man: once in his epistle to the church of Corinth; "Know ye not," says he, "that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God?" (1 Cor. 6:19), and not the building of man's hand and heart. Again, he tells the same people, in his second epistle, "For ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said" (2 Cor. 6:16); and then cites God's words by the prophet, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; I will be their God, and they shall be my people." This is the evangelical temple, the Christian church, whose ornaments are not the embroideries and furnitures of worldly art and wealth, but the graces of the Spirit: meekness, love, faith, patience, self-denial, and charity. Here it is, that the eternal wisdom, that was with God from everlasting, before the hills were brought forth, or the mountains laid, chooses to dwell; "rejoicing," says Wisdom, "in the habitable part of the earth, and my delights were with the sons of men" (Prov. 8:22,23,25,31); not in houses built of wood and stone. This living house is more glorious than Solomon's dead house; and of which his was but a figure, as he, the builder, was of Christ, who builds up a holy temple to God. It was promised of old, that the glory of the latter house should transcend the glory of the former (Hag. 2:9), which may be applied to this: not one outward temple or house to excel another in outward lustre; for where is the benefit of that? But the divine glory, the beauty of holiness in the gospel house or church, made up of renewed believers, should exceed the outward glory of Solomon's temple, which, in comparison of the latter days, was but flesh to spirit, fading resemblance to the eternal substance.

But for all this, Christians have meeting-places, yet not in Jewish or heathen state, but plain, void of pomp or ceremony, suiting the simplicity of their blessed life and doctrine. For God's presence is not with the house, but with them that are in it, who are the gospel church, and not the house. Oh! that such as call themselves Christians knew but a real sanctity in themselves, by the washing of God's regenerating grace, instead of that imaginary sanctity ascribed to places; they would then know what the church is, and where, in these evangelical days, is the place of God's appearance. This made David say," The king's daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is of wrought gold" (Psalm 40:13). What is the glory that is within the true church, and that gold that makes up that inward glory? Tell me, 0 superstitious man! is it thy stately temples, altars, tables, carpets, tapestries; thy vestments, organs, voices, candles, lamps, censers, plate and jewels, with the like furniture of thy worldly temples? No such matter; they bear no proportion with the divine adornment of the King of Heaven's daughter, the blessed and redeemed church of Christ. Miserable apostasy that it is! and a wretched supplement in the loss and absence of the apostolic life, the spiritual glory of the primitive church.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The early Church knew this truth and William Penn knew it in the 1600's but those today, who read their bibles, are still blinded to the Truth. Jim

Thu, Jan 26, 2017 - 4:18pm
NW VIEW

Oh what a day for a daydream! #1

We see the seeds of a revolution in America and the entire world. Some will be set free and some will enter into even more bondage. It is the Truth that will set mankind free and that Truth is Who the Lord is. Many are enjoying the changes within the White House and are finally having some hope within. There is much more needed! The blinded religious systems are in even a greater need for "draining their swamp". The POTUS needs a true prophet, outside of the systems of men, outside of the so called t.v. preaching crowd, a gifted one who has been raised up by the Lord for this era. We need a Joseph, a Daniel or even a Jeremiah to be called forth, one having the ear of the president. Now that is something to pray about.

When the Lord moves, when He places the ones He has called before kings and presidents, deliverance from the grips of the enemy begins to spring forth. Divided steeple house leaders will not be effective in the direction of Truth. As we sit, daily, and watch the national changes, our Hope is focused on a dream of revival of the early Church, for the nation and even for the W.H. :

Exodus 9King James Version (KJV)

9 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thu, Jan 26, 2017 - 4:39pm
NW VIEW

Oh what a day for a daydream! #2

There seemed to be a lot of crying and weeping, near the gates of the Kingdom. Someone was saying, "Why didn't someone tell me". Another was screaming, "We are Christians, we are here, open up the gates please". Another one said, "I have brought my certificate of baptism. It was signed by paster Jones, long ago. I was sprinkled and obtained my church membership when they baptized me into their system."

Ralph was telling someone that he could not understand why his covering was not there to talk to the keepers of the Gate. He had been involved in the Shepherding movement and his pastor was his covering. He had done the best that he could while in this movement and was assured that he was covered. (Christ is the ONLY Covering). Mary said that she had been taught that there were many S.H. doors into the Kingdom. That every door opened into Heaven but she saw only one large set of doors. One of the angels had spoken to her and said that the multiple doors were there but they entered into

hell for there are many pathways into that kingdom but only One Way into the Kingdom of God.

Oh the weeping just outside of the gates of the Kingdom: Matthew 8: 11-12

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Will we wake up in time? Our revolution, a returning to the era of the early Church, repentance and working in His Field are before us. jmo Jim

Mon, Jan 30, 2017 - 2:37pm
NW VIEW

Remind them of these things! 2Tim. 2:14

When Le Fèvre had been lecturing seventeen years at the Sorbonne

and had become widely known through his writings, a much younger

man, Guillaume Farel, then twenty years of age, came to Paris from his

mountain home in Dauphiny, between Gap and Grenoble. In the pleasant

manor house where the Farel family had long been established, he had

left his parents, three brothers and one sister, all like himself brought up

in the Church of Rome and its observances. Farel was distressed when he

saw the wild and sinful lives of so many in Paris, but as he worshipped

in the churches he was struck by the unusual devotion of Le Fèvre. The

two became acquainted, the young student was charmed by the kindness

and interest of the renowned professor, and the foundations of a lifelong

friendship between them were laid. They read the Bible together. Le

Fèvre had put much labour into a book he was writing, “Lives of the

Saints", arranged in the order in which they occur in the calendar. He

had already published an instalment covering the first two months, but

the contrast between the absurdities contained in many of these “Lives"

and the power and truth of the Scriptures so impressed him that he aban-

doned the “Lives" for the study of Scripture, taking up especially the

Epistles of Paul, upon which he wrote and published commentaries.

He taught plainly: “It is God alone, who by His grace, through faith,

justifies unto everlasting life." Such doctrine, preached in Paris before

Zwingli proclaimed it in Zürich or Luther in Germany, aroused the most

lively discussion. Though it was the old, the original Gospel, preached

by the Lord and by His Apostles, yet it had been so long replaced by the

teaching that salvation is by the sacraments of the Church of Rome that

it appeared new to the hearers. Farel, who had passed through deep

exercise of soul, was one of many who at that time laid hold of salvation

by faith in the Son of God and the sufficiency of His atoning work. He

said: “Le Fèvre extricated me from the false opinion of human merits,

and taught me that everything comes from grace; which I believed as

soon as it was spoken." (The Pilgrim Church, pages 222-223. )

Mon, Jan 30, 2017 - 11:32pm
NW VIEW

Randy knows! From SQ site!

WHAT I KNOW

I don’t know much about politics or what this administration might or might not do
I don’t know much about geo-engineering or why the sky suddenly isn’t quite as blue
I don’t know much about Trans-Humanism or what’s in their DNA stew
And I don’t know for sure if someday robots will rise and the world will rule.

I don’t know much about mind control or if the guy next door is manipulated
I don’t know much about shadow governments or what for our future they have slated
I don’t know much about the economy--will it fail, be stagnated or become hyper-inflated?
And I don’t know much about medicine or how many vaccines and drugs are contaminated.

I don’t know a lot about Fallen Angel technologies or those who seek its power
I don’t know for sure if the Large Haydron Collider is the next generation of Nimrod’s Tower
I don’t know a lot of theology or eschatology; are we in the final age, the final days or final hours?
And I don’t know a lot about astronomy; could the earth be the target for a destructive meteor shower?

I don’t know much about electronics or if Big Brother listens to my every conversation
I don’t know a lot about Antarctica, if there are secrets there or just a weather station
I can’t explain dimensions, the Divine Council or the mysteries of creation
I can’t unravel the Babylon Code or the abomination that brings desolation.

I haven’t studied military planning or when we’ll engage in World War Three
I don’t know why the earth is cracking or how poisoned are the seas
I’ve not seen the Watchers or the giants but I don’t have to see in order to believe
I haven’t studied physiology but it seems to me most people are deceived.

I don’t know about tomorrow, if it should be anticipated or should be feared
I never heard the strange sounds reported that other people hear
But what I know is that whatever comes, my Savior promised He is always near
His promises are not confusing and His love for me is clear.

I know these things all exist, are true and they are real
I know that these are facts and not beliefs or how one feels
I know tomorrow many things will come our way and we must stand as steel
And I know no one can really stand against tomorrow, rather we must kneel.

I know that God the Father sent His Son so that I might be redeemed
And the future that He has planned for me is more than I could dream
I know that I can trust in Him no matter how life seems
And above Him is no other, He is Transcendent and Supreme.

I may not have great knowledge that is envied, lofty or grand
But there is an old song I know and its lyrics state my stand
“Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow and I know He holds my hand.”

By Randy Conway

Jan 30, 2017

Tue, Jan 31, 2017 - 8:07am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Jim - What I Know

Great, Great, Great Post.......

That about sums it up in a nut shell. All that we all discuss here is interesting and engaging, mostly intellectual, internet banter for the most part. No?

As you know, in the end. all that matters is .......... does one know Him, and more importantly, does He know you?

Tue, Jan 31, 2017 - 10:23am (Reply to #1068)
NW VIEW

Amen Jer. Jr.

As you say above:

As you know, in the end. all that matters is .......... does one know Him, and more importantly, does He know you?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Much of the purpose of the many posts, upon the Thread of Faith, is centered upon waking up the believers. Church History is filled with pioneers of faith, seeing the Truth, warning the believers of their departure from the Faith once delivered to them. There have been those, even in these last days, like Howard Pittman, Peter Whyte, Jimmy Wilson and many others who have paid the price, standing in the gap for the Church to enter into the Promise Land.

Yes, internet bantering is engaging. In the end, as tribulations approach, will we hear the Lord call our name? Will we have His Mark and Seal upon us? Will we have that "White Stone" with our new name written? Will we be seated with the Saints at table in the Kingdom of God? Oh to know Him and the Power of His Resurrection. Jim

Wed, Feb 1, 2017 - 4:41pm
NW VIEW

Letting Howard go!

My good friend and brother in the Lord, Howard, is preparing for his great journey. He is 91 and has both Parkinson's disease and prostrate cancer. We visit him often, we pray together and discuss Jesus and His Kingdom. Howard often states that he wants to pass onward and now. I would say, "well Howard, He is not ready for you and I am not ready to lose you as my friend".

There are difficult times for all of us and yesterday was one of those days. Howard could no longer stand and hardly talk. He was moved into a center and his wife (92) is just to weak to even visit him. Linda and I sat with him and he said "Jim, I am really sick and miserable and need to go".

There are times when we must just agree with what is placed before us. I told Howard that I was finally in agreement with him. This man has paid the price, all of his adult life, leading many to the Life in Christ Jesus as Lord. There are times when one must stand against death and times when one must agree for Life Eternal. He told me that he will wait at the gates of the Kingdom for me as I will be coming along in time. amen Jim

Thu, Feb 2, 2017 - 6:28pm (Reply to #1068)
Pug Nuggets

Does He know you....

[quote=Jeremiah Jr]

Great, Great, Great Post.......

That about sums it up in a nut shell. All that we all discuss here is interesting and engaging, mostly intellectual, internet banter for the most part. No?

As you know, in the end. all that matters is .......... does one know Him, and more importantly, does He know you?"

I know that God is Love and am a born-again Christian, but I struggle to understand this part. How can a person be assured that Jesus knows them? I'm thinking it has to do with how we relate to others, but any, any wisdom or thoughts would be appreciated.

Pug.

Thu, Feb 2, 2017 - 8:18pm (Reply to #1071)
NW VIEW

We know we have passed from death unto life!

1 John 3King James Version (KJV)

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well Pug, a great question and there are several answers. As is written, do we love the brethren? Hugging a brother, fellowshipping with the assembly and being in agreement with all, sounds good. However, it takes a Greater Love to confront sin in the Church, a greater Love to be an outcast, a greater Love to stand in the gap for the assembly, a greater Love to stand in the middle of the Jordan River while the assembly passes by, a greater Love to lose all your friends because of your stand for holiness, a greater Love to be persecuted for righteousness, a greater Love in receiving the whips from a blind assembly.

You say; "How can a person be assured that Jesus knows them?"

Then there is the really important answer. If we claim to be born again, what does that really mean? Is it a doctrine of our system? How did we come to this state of being? I told the story awhile back of a painter who was working on the stairway

of our new rental. He told me he attended two different systems on Sunday's. I asked if he would give me his testimony of his salvation and receiving Christ within. He said, "Oh, I am not saved". I explained the good news to him on the stairway and he received Him, within, right there, and was changed forever, in a moment of time. He now travels around and gives his testimony of receiving Christ within, on a stairway. Ye are the temple of the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of God resides in you. Do we have a living testimony today? Oh in Him we live and have our being.

Yes Pug, I remember long ago. I sat on a dead pew for many years, within a dead steeple house. Then, the first time I heard a man give his testimony of receive Christ, I thought my insides would explode. I hurried to a few men, they laid hands upon me, I felt the Power of God and His Life, Love, inter within. I did not know a scripture nor have a bible but I know that I was changed forever. This is my hope for all who read these posts and for the Muslims who seek His Kingdom so that they may be saved, escaping the abode of the lost. Thanks for your great question and there may be others who also have some insight. When one is aware of Christ within, we know He knows us! Jim

Fri, Feb 3, 2017 - 12:50pm
NW VIEW

A very small Remnant!

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

10 Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:

23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

24 Therefore saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:

25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: Isaiah 1

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The remnant has eyes to see and ears to hear.

Fri, Feb 3, 2017 - 4:54pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Pug N

Don’t believe we have ever directly spoke but sometimes I am hit and miss here at TFMR lately, offended someone a while back when I thought I had said I had not spoken to them before, when I had. So sorry if I have forgot our paths have crossed before.

Good question…. “How can a person be assured that Jesus knows them?”

The short answer was contained in your original question, it does relate as to how we deal with others, both believers and non. Basically 1 John was written to address that very question

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God". 1 John 5:13

I liked what NW - Jim, had to say, wise council as always, and agree with it. I am usually not at a loss of things to say so I will throw some more in depth thoughts together this weekend and report back if I ever get over this cold.

Jim quoted a great verse....... a big key......... 1 John 3:1

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not".

On does not 'bestow' something upon ones self, God does it.... what manner of Love.... (What kind of love....???)

Agape.

That kind or 'manner' of love which mankind lost at the fall. It is restored and the capacity for it at salvation.

Will respond more this weekend, I have a letter I wrote to a dear friends wife years ago that addresses this, the issue of assurance, I will see if I can find it.

Mon, Feb 6, 2017 - 11:30pm (Reply to #1059)
foggyroad

Clothes

Warmest Greetings, All.

JJr. wrote:

"Anyway, at a table of eight over dinner you figure they would at least talk to us and be cordial, my wife was sitting right next to her, and she was dressed to the 9's as was her husband, as were the other two pastors couples there at our table.They treated us like peasants, and they would not even talk to us. I guess I should have not worn jeans. My bad."

Our sweet Lord Jesus, 'was no respector of persons', (never judged a book by it's cover) nor did He seek the best seats of prominence.

Precious Lamb of God, beloved Son,

See'er of my soul,

Lord Jesus, my sweet King,

give me humility,

blessed humility,

clothe me with humility.

Let my eyes see and my ears to hear.

Give me faith to submit,

courage to commit,

Dearest Jesus.

dress me Lord,

in Your blessed Heart,

Your devoted Obedience,

Your pure Loving Forgiveness.

Dress me Heavenly Father,

in your unbounded Grace,

in your longsuffering Mercy.

in your ever enduring Kindness.

Lord beloved,

wash me in your precious Blood,

clean my soul of all Sin,

place Your righteousness upon me,

give me your Heart within.

Spirit of Light,

Father of Lights,

let Your brightness shine over me,

me to decrease,

You to increase,

Lord forever be,

my Path,

my steps,

my Rock.

Our blessed Saviour sought out the poor, blind, and fallen, the oppressed and captives, the little lowly People.

Tax collectors and Sinners.

Those who call Jesus Lord, those contrite sincere Hearts, receive the Holy Ghost.

They are then clothed in Jesus' Glory, priceless white linen,

invisible to the Natural Man,

but evident miles away to the Children of God, spiritually discerned.

Brothers and Sisters wearing the covering of the Holy Ghost, have been given the only clothing that matters.

Eternal covering, God's Glory redeemed,

Adam and Eve's lost Light,

restored at Calvary,

on an old wooden Cross,

suspended between Heaven and Earth,

Blood bought Victory.

Thank You Lord Jesus,

for dying for me.

Praise Lord God, we who ask in Jesus name, shall put on Jesus' righteousness for clothing eternal pure white without spot or wrinkle.

Dressed for a wedding in Heaven.

The only clothing worth wearing,

through all Eternity.

"I guess I am making your case for you NW against the steeple houses ........ I am with you."

Me too!

I'd wear Jeans, JJr.

May God Bless.

Call on Jesus,

lover of all Mankind,

for He is Life Eternal.

Tue, Feb 7, 2017 - 9:39pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Foggy

Thanks for the post and kind words Foggy, and that prayer, you have always been a blessing here to me and others. !!

Thanks.

We have been at this a while now. No?

II Cor 4:16

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 - 12:02pm
NW VIEW

Have we sold our birthright?

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. (Hebrews 12)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is a terrible thing to have sold/given to others/ walked away from or been robbed of one's birthright! Do we, the believers, even know what our "new birthright" has provided to us via the finished Work of the Cross? I often ponder how the enemy has sucked the calling of the individual's work that was set before them. Will the believers wake up in time, repent of giving up their callings as being in the "priesthood of all believers", or will the majority just warm their pews?

Story time: I remember being in Africa. Speaking at an all white gathering. I had explained the great need we had as we were going into Zululand that week for an outreach. I asked for help with the many who would be coming. I had traveled thousands of miles to talk to the tribal people and these steeple house Christians lived next door. There was not one person who would help us. They had their comfortable buildings and wonderful clergy. I walked to the door, dusted off my feet before them as a witness to their entrapment.

Do we understand our birthright? Oh what a blessing to present Jesus Christ as Lord, as He draws all of mankind, via His Spirit, into a new Life and the birthright that goes with it. Jim

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 - 11:42pm
texmex66

Crucified with Christ

As far as the east is from the west, nothing can separate us from the love of God. Thank You! Jesus, my Lord and my King.

Lauren Daigle - Once And For All (Audio)
Thu, Feb 9, 2017 - 8:37am
foggyroad

Born Again

Pug wrote to JJr.;

"As you know, in the end. all that matters is .......... does one know Him, and more importantly, does He know you?"

"I know that God is Love and am a born-again Christian, but I struggle to understand this part. How can a person be assured that Jesus knows them? I'm thinking it has to do with how we relate to others, but any, any wisdom or thoughts would be appreciated."

Pug.

For Pug!

I hope you don't mind, but this is a question we should all be asking ourselves.

Many have been told that a simple sinner's prayer confessed years ago has saved them from the Pit, or some may have been sprinkled as a baby an that their ticket to heaven.

They may even go to church an hour a week thinking that has them covered.

Well maybe, maybe not.

Well I'm a good person and I do nice things for people and even give to the food bank, that should get me in right?

Well maybe, but really what I think and a quarter might get you a phone call.

So how do we know, well God tells us a few things in the infallible book that should shed some light on the matter.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. "

Phil 2:12 kjv

Regarding your question How do we know?

Ask Him.

Through Prayer.

Pray to Lord Jesus to speak to your heart, we draw close to our beloved Abba through prayer and worship.

Pug the only thing we can give God that He didn't give us already is our loving worship, gratitude and devotion.

Offer theses sweet gifts unto our Lord, ask the Holy Ghost to search you and cleanse you daily of your sin, for we all sin daily.

Ask Lord Jesus to be Your Lord today and every day,

offer thanksgiving for Jesus blessed Gift,

ask His precious Blood to be applied to your soul,

Invite and make welcome our Heavenly Father within,

offer Praise unto His Holy Name.

Speak as a Son to your Holy Father, ask Him what you can do to please Him.

Read your Bible and Abba will speak to your heart.

You will then Know absolutely.

"But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,"

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

Jude 1:20,21 kjv

Our Father will bring conviction upon your heart, things long past will pop into your conscience.

Repent, ask for forgiveness, make right whatever you can now, forgive that person your really can't stand, pay that debt you owe to your cousin.

Make amends for things you know weren't right, rid yourself of these burdens to your heart as best you can.

These types of things may be stumbling blocks between you and Father.

A loving Father will chastise His children when they have done wrong.

Expect to be chastened, when you make amends blessings of approval will follow.

Build a relationship Son and Father, then you will know that you know, that you know.

Pug these are some of the things Abba has shown me that are stumbling blocks between us.

A humble sincere heart pleases our Almighty Father.

Abba beloved Heavenly Father, we Praise Thee for thou art Holy Holy Holy,

We thank Thee for your undying Love Patience and Mercy,

for our Sweet Lord Jesus Christ,

bless His exalted name,

King of Kings,

Lord of Lords.

Jesus sweet Lamb of God,

let your Name be on my lips,

as I rise in the morning.

as I lay down each night.

Jesus Lord be a lamp unto my feet,

an Anchor in the stormy Seas,

a beacon in the darkness,

Praise Jesus our blessed ,

Redeemer.

Leonard Ravenhill

Leonard Ravenhill (1907 1994)

Listen to freely downloadable audio sermons by the speaker Leonard Ravenhill in mp3 format. A revivalist and man of God who sought God's will above all else. He was a man of prayer who practiced what he preached. He wrote the book: 'Why Revival Tarries' which has become a classic on revival. His prophetic edge and burden made him to be respected by some and disliked by others. Yet he stayed true to God's call on his life prayed and pleading for true heaven sent revival.

"Those who know of Leonard Ravenhill recognize in him the religious specialist, the man sent from God to battle the priests of Baal on their own mountain top, to shame the careless priest at the altar, to face the false prophet, and to warn the people who are being led astray by him. " - Tozer | "Leonard Ravenhill was one of the few men I have ever known who was a true prophet." - David Wilkerson

Credit to SermonIndex

Leonard Ravenhill delivers a Sermon on Born Again.

Leonard delivers beautiful sermons with a delightful British sense of humour.

These are old school recordings and Leonard delivers with British accent, with

a quickness of both speech and wit.

Listeners may have to develop an ear for his manner of speaking due the old lower quality of recording technology.

But it is well worth the effort, his messages are delightful.

God Bless Him, we'll see him in Glory and can thank him then.

:0)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1104

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1105

click banner for SermonIndex below;

Credit to SermonIndex.

https://www.sermonindex.net/about.php

Q. Can I financially support this work?
Answer. Yes. You can learn how to support SermonIndex here.

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 - 3:41pm
NW VIEW

The Early Church - No Religion at all!

Simplicity and humility characterized the Christians' worship. They peaceably came together before sunrise or after sunset, to avoid giving offense. They sang hymns to Christ as to God; they broke bread in remembrance of His love in dying for them; they edified one another and pledged themselves to a life of holiness. But they had no fine temples, no statues, no order of priests, and no victims to offer in sacrifice. The contrast between their worship and that of all others in the empire became most manifest. The heathen, in their ignorance, concluded that the Christians had no religion at all, and that their secret meetings were for the worst of purposes. The world now, as then, would say of those who worship God in spirit and in truth, that "these people have no religion at all." Christian worship, in true simplicity, without the aid of temples and priests, rites and ceremonies, is not much better understood now by professing Christendom than it was then by pagan Rome. Still it is true, "God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24.) Millers Church History p. 152-3.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Will the believers wake up in time, finally understanding what the followers of the Way were about? Will we understand the major damage that has been injected by the priestcraft and it is as bad today as it ever was in history?

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 - 10:57pm
NW VIEW

Let us "restore" the Assembly!

The Origin of the Distinction Between Clergy and Laity

By:Andrew MillerFrom:Miller's Church HistoryFrom:Internal History of the Church (107 A.D. - 245 A.D.): Chapter 8

Christianity at the beginning had no separate priestly order. Its first converts went everywhere preaching the Lord Jesus. They were the first to spread abroad the glad tidings of salvation, even before the apostles themselves had left Jerusalem. (Acts 8:4.) In course of time, when converts were found sufficient in any place to form an assembly, they came together in the name of the Lord on the first day of the week to break bread, and to edify one another in love. (Acts 20:7.) When the opportunity came for an apostle to visit such gatherings, he chose elders to take the oversight of the little flock; deacons were chosen by the assembly. This was the entire constitution of the first churches. If the Lord raised up an evangelist, and souls were converted, they were baptized unto the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This was, of course, outside the assembly, and not a church act. After due examination by the spiritual as to the genuineness of the evangelist's work, the assembly being satisfied, they were received into communion.

It will be seen, from this brief sketch of the divine order of the churches, that there was no distinction such as "the clergy," and "the laity." All stood on the same ground as to priesthood, worship, and nearness to God. As the apostles Peter and John say, "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." And thus could the whole assembly sing, "Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood; and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." The only priesthood, then, in the church of God is the common priesthood of all believers. The humblest menial in the palace of the archbishop, if washed in the blood of Christ, is whiter than snow, and fitted to enter the most holy place, and worship within the veil.

There is no outer court worship now. The separation of a privileged class—a sacerdotal order—is unknown in the New Testament. The distinction between clergy and laity was suggested by Judaism, and human invention soon made it great; but it was episcopal ordination that established the distinction, and widened the separation. The bishop gradually assumed the title of Pontiff. The presbyters, and at length the deacons, became, as well as the bishops, a sacred order. The place of mediation and of greater nearness to God was assumed by the priestly caste, and also of authority over the laity. In place of God speaking direct to the heart and conscience by His own word, and the heart and conscience brought direct into the presence of God, it was priesthood coming in between them. Thus the word of God was lost sight of, and faith stood in the opinions of men. The blessed Lord Jesus, as the Great High Priest of His people, and as the one Mediator between God and men, was thus practically displaced and set aside.

Thus alas! we see in the church what has been true of man from Adam downwards. Everything that has been entrusted to man has failed. From the time that the responsibility of maintaining the church as the pillar and ground of the truth fell into man's hands, there has been nothing but failure. The word of God, however, remains the same, and its authority can never fail, blessed be His name.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Andrew Miller has well stated the early problems that invaded the assemblies. What has changed, even today? Oh that the Lord would raise up a thousand George Fox's, a thousand Jimmy Wilson's, a thousand Peter Whyte's and have them invade the assemblies on this Sunday morning, during their service. Oh what a dream!

When He returns, He will start His judgment in "the House of the Lord" and we who are saved are that House. The weeping that will occur, on that day, will be beyond belief as we begin to understand our departure from that which was delivered by the Lord. jmo Jim

randomness