THREAD OF FAITH -

1421 posts / 0 new
Last post
NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 13982
Bro. Sundar

I do not know this man nor his calling.  There are many things within his message which ring true and I bear witness to much of it.   This nation is doomed if national repentance, from the top to the bottom, does not occur.  I hesitate to post this video without further research into this ministry, however, many of his warnings are our warnings to the Church in this current age:

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Things to ponder

This man has a powerful message.  He is preaching what we have known for decades and the steeple houses are blind to the Truth. When we long ago taught on the Kingdom of God, some systems said the Kingdom is not in the scriptures. BLINDNESS!

It is time to wake up or the Kingdom may not be available for the many!  jmo      Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Further thoughts on Sadhu!

Some of us have discussed his ministry.  There are many unknowns and it is difficult to make any judgments about another man's ministry.  A few thoughts:  We have never known of a man who had his type of visitations, not even one.  We see within the scriptures that many had these events in the past.  Many of his revelations are correct and not understood by the blind prophets of today. He has good insights into the "ways of God". He speaks to the remnant Church within the steeple house systems but does not call them to repent of their divisions.  He is more than welcome within the divided systems, however, it is written:

John 16King James Version (KJV)

16 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh Lord Jesus, show us the ones who are hearing from You, the ones who have been rejected by the systems of man, the ones who were like George Fox who was thrown out of their buildings by force.  Show us the ones who have Your messages, stood against the tide of blind priestcraft and their doctrines.  Lord let us hear from those called to preach " repentance for the Kingdom of God is at hand".  Oh Lord, may we never be the ones who seek out signs to follow but the signs follow us  (Mark 16).  Blessed is he who believes and has not seen anything from other dimensions. 

Jim

NW VIEW

Jeremiah Jr
Jeremiah Jr's picture
Hat Tips: 3918
@ Jim

Oh Lord Jesus, show us the ones who are hearing from You, the ones who have been rejected by the systems of man, the ones who were like George Fox who was thrown out of their buildings by force.  Show us the ones who have Your messages, stood against the tide of blind priestcraft and their doctrines.  Lord let us hear from those called to preach " repentance for the Kingdom of God is at hand".  Oh Lord, may we never be the ones who seek out signs to follow but the signs follow us  (Mark 16).  Blessed is he who believes and has not seen anything from other dimensions.

Loved that comment, five stars, yes those with ears to hear will hear, they will, we have His complete revelation to us within the Word.

I wish with all my heart  I could change this below but I can't.......

"Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:"

Luke 13:23-25

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Night is close, yet it is still day but the sun is setting.

Keep looking up, do what one can while it is still day.

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Good Morning Jer. Jr.

Knowing how to rightly divide the Truth from the false is difficult.  Someone always has a deeper revelation, some seeing through heavenly glasses and some being visited by angels. The O.T. was filled with true visions, dreams and real encounters.  We are for these things and any other means that the Lord will use for His Church. 

The Real Key for the Church is "Jesus Christ in you, the Hope of Glory".  Many who listen to modern day prophets (good and bad), think something is wrong with their walk with the Lord because they are not hearing and seeing visions and visitations.  The RCC has been seeking these manifestations for hundreds of years and base much of their calling upon these events.

Will we fast and pray, for hours every day, for a visit from an angel? Do we seek signs, not knowing that the signs were given long ago?  The sign of Jonah is still alive and well.    Blessed and happy is he who has repented of his sins, invited Christ to enter within, and seeks His Kingdom every day, while doing that which the Lord has placed before him in this world of tribulations. 

Jer. Jr.:   Just to clarify:   I am for any visitation that the Lord will use, now and forever.  I have not seen any large angels but may have been visited by a few, not knowing who or what they were.  I did know a Christian leader who wrote a book and he told me that Jesus appeared before him.  He said the Lord told him the year of the pre-trib. rapture and that if it did not happen, he would leave his steeple house ministry.  Well you know Jer., that year past about 25 years ago and the man was still preaching the last time that I checked on him.  I hope that Sadhu is really having these visitations for the Church but we must still rise in the mornings and seek the Work set before us, even without seeing visions.  The book of Joel will still be before us in signs and wonders.   jmo         Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
The Pilgrim Church, Thomas Campbell = 1800's

A

minister of one of the Seceder branches of the Presbyterian

Church, Thomas Campbell, left his home in the North of Ireland,

on account of his health, and came to America (1807).[105] He was

well received by the Synod then sitting in Philadelphia and sent to West-

ern Pennsylvania, where his unusual gifts and spiritual character made

him acceptable. Some, however, doubted his loyalty to the “Secession

Testimony" as he taught that the Scriptures alone provide the true basis

of faith and conduct, and deprecated the prevailing party spirit in the

churches.

Being sent to visit in a sparsely populated district in the Alleghany

Mountains he received at the Lord’s Supper believers who, though Pres-

byterians, did not belong to this particular circle. For this he was cen-

sured, and, defending his action as being in accordance with the teach-

ings of Scripture, he was treated in so hostile a spirit as to induce him to

withdraw from the Seceder body.

Many Christian people of different denominations continued to at-

tend his ministry, being dissatisfied with the divided state of religion

and sympathizing with his teaching that union could only be obtained

by a return to the Bible, and that a better understanding of the differ-

ence between faith and opinion would lead to a forbearance likely to

do much towards checking divisions. In a house between Mount Pleas-

ant and Washington a meeting was held (1509) where those present

conferred as to the best means of putting these principles into practice.

Thomas Campbell spoke of the evil of divisions, showing that they are

not inevitable, since God has provided in His Word a standard and guide

sufficient for the needs of the churches in all times. It is by building up

religious theories and systems outside of the Scriptures that strife and

dissension have come in, therefore it is only by a return to the teachings

of the Word that true unity can be regained. As a rule for their guidance

he proposed that “where the Scriptures speak, we speak; and where the

Scriptures are silent, we are silent." A Presbyterian present said, “If we

adopt that as a basis, then there is an end of infant baptism," to which

Thomas Campbell replied, “If infant baptism be not found in Scripture,

we can have nothing to do with it." Another rose and under strong emo-

tion, moved even to tears, exclaimed, “I hope I may never see the day

when my heart will renounce that blessed saying of the Scripture, ‘Suf-

fer little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not, for of such is

the kingdom of heaven.’" A prominent Independent said, “In the portion

of Scripture you have quoted there is no reference whatever to infant

baptism."

In spite of this immediate evidence of their divergence of view, most

of those present joined in forming “The Christian Association of Wash-

ington" and appointed Thomas Campbell to prepare a statement of their

aims. This, to which they all agreed, took the form of a “Declaration and

Address," in which they expressed their persuasion that since no man can

be judged for his brother so no man can judge for his brother, each must

judge for himself and must give account of himself to God. Each one is

bound by the Word of God but not by any human interpretation of it.

Tired of party strife they desired to take and recommend such measures

as would give rest to the churches. They despaired of finding this in a

continuance of party contention or discussion of human opinions; it can

only be found in Christ and His unchanging Word. Let us therefore re-

turn (they wrote) to the original pattern and take the Word of God alone

as our rule. They had no intention of forming a church, but only a society

for the promotion of Christian unity and of “a pure evangelical reforma-

tion, by the simple preaching of the gospel, and the administration of

its ordinances in exact conformity to its Divine standard."

(The Pilgrim Church, pages 317-319.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We need restoration not reformation.   Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
LEONARD AND OLD EMPTY BUILDINGS!

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Not Stonettes nor Cambellites, nope!

The fellowship of so many churches and their occupation with the

Scriptures quickened the preaching of the Gospel. Many men of all

classes were raised up and fitted for service. They preached Jesus Christ

and Him crucified, and their word was effectual. Thousands were con-

verted and added to the churches, which grew and increased with great

rapidity. Their opponents liked to call them “Stonettes" or “Campbel-

lites," but they rejected these and all sectarian names. They spoke of

themselves as “Christians", “Disciples", “Churches of Christ".

One of their leaders in the second generation, Isaac Errett (1820-

1888) describes them thus:–"With us the divinity and Christhood of Je-

sus is more than a mere item of doctrine–it is the central truth of the

Christian system, and in an important sense the creed of Christianity. It

is the one fundamental truth which we are jealously careful to guard

against all compromise. If men are right about Christ, Christ will bring

them right about everything else. We therefore preach Jesus Christ and

him crucified. We demand no other faith, in order to baptism and church

membership, than the faith of the heart that Jesus is the Christ, the Son

of the living God; nor have we any term or bond of fellowship but faith

in the divine Redeemer and obedience to him. All who trust in the Son

of God and obey Him are our brethren, however wrong they may be

about anything else; and those who do not trust in the divine Saviour

for salvation, and obey his commandments are not our brethren, how-

ever intelligent and excellent they may be in all beside.... In judgments

merely inferential we reach conclusions as nearly unanimous as we can;

and where we fail, exercise forbearance, in the confidence that God will

lead us into final agreement. In matters of opinion that is, in matters

touching which the Bible is either silent, or so obscure as not to admit of

definite conclusions–we allow the largest liberty, so long as none judges

his brother, or insists on forcing his opinions on others, or making them

an occasion of strife."

These churches spread widely in Australia, were established in the

United Kingdom, and reached many other

countries. Tendencies to-

wards the development of a denominational system naturally showed

themselves in time. Some came to advocate drawing “missionary" work

into dependence on a central organisation. The influence of the popular

rationalism of the day was felt in some quarters. At times discussions

as to the interpretation or application of Scripture issued in divergencies

of practice. All these experiences continue to illustrate the importance

of the original “restoration testimony" as to the fact that a return to the

Scripture is the one way to true unity of the churches and to their power

to spread in the world, by giving to it the whole Word of God.   (The Pilgrim Church, P. 327-8)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes the "restoration testimony" was need in that era, from the days of the early Church and even more today.  If there is an end of days revival, it will not be seen in a multitude of divisions but in the Unity of the Spirit, repentance and living in the restoration of the original Spirit lead mandates, given to the Church.  IT IS WRITTEN!      JMO             Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Last will and Testament of a steeple house!

For where a testament is, there must of necessity be the death of the testator; for a testament is of force after men are dead, otherwise it is of no strength at all, while the testator liveth. Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened except it die. Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground, and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. Whose voice then shook the earth; but now he hath promised saying, yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, yet once more, signifies the removing of those things that are shaken as of things that are made, that those things which can not be shaken may remain.—Scripture

The Presbytery of Springfield sitting at Caneridge, in the county of Bourbon, being, through a gracious Providence, in more than ordinary bodily health, growing in strength and size daily; and in perfect soundness and composure of mind; but knowing that it is appointed for all delegated bodies once to die; and considering that the life of every such body is very uncertain, do make and ordain this our last Will and Testament, in manner and form following, viz.:

Imprimis. We will, that this body die, be dissolved, and sink into union with the Body of Christ at large; for there is but one body, and one Spirit, even as we are called in one hope of our calling.

Item. We will that our name of distinction, with its Reverend title, be forgotten, that there be but one Lord over God's heritage, and his name one.

Item. We will, that our power of making laws for the government of the church, and executing them by delegated authority, forever cease; that the people may have free course to the Bible, and adopt the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Item. We will, that candidates for the Gospel ministry henceforth study the Holy Scriptures with fervent prayer, and obtain license from God to preach the simple Gospel, with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven, without any mixture of philosophy, vain deceit, traditions of men, or the rudiments of the world. And let none henceforth take this honor to himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

Item. We will, that the church of Christ resume her native right of internal government,—try her candidates for the ministry, as to their soundness in the faith, acquaintance with experimental religion, gravity and aptness to teach; and admit no other proof of their authority but Christ speaking in them. We will, that the church of Christ look up to the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers into his harvest; and that she resume her primitive right of trying those who say they are apostles, and are not.

Item. We will, that each particular church, as a body, actuated by the same spirit, choose her own preacher, and support him by a free-will offering, without a written call or subscription—admit members—remove offenses; and never henceforth delegate her right of government to any man or set of men whatever.

Item. We will, that the people henceforth take the Bible as the only sure guide to heaven; and as many as are offended with other books, which stand in competition with it, may cast them into the fire if they choose; for it is better to enter into life having one book, than having many to be cast into hell.

Item. We will, that preachers and people cultivate a spirit of mutual forbearance; pray more and dispute less; and while they behold the signs of the times, look up, and confidently expect that redemption draweth nigh.

Item. We will, that our weak brethren, who may have been wishing to make the Presbytery of Springfield their king, and wot not what is now become of it, betake themselves to the Rock of Ages, and follow Jesus for the future.

Item. We will, the Synod of Kentucky examine every member who may be suspected of having departed from the Confession of Faith, and suspend every such suspected heretic immediately, in order that the oppressed may go free, and taste the sweets of Gospel liberty.

Item. We will, that Ja---------, the author of two letters lately published in Lexington, be encouraged in his zeal to destroy partyism. We will, moreover, that our past conduct be examined into by all who may have correct information; but let foreigners beware of speaking evil of things which they know not.

Item. Finally we will, that all our sister bodies read their Bibles carefully, that they may see their fate there determined, and prepare for death before it is too late.

Springfield Presbytery,
June 28th, 1804 } {\displaystyle {\Big \}}} {\displaystyle {\Big \}}}(L.S.)Robert Marshall,
John Dunlavy,
Richard M'Nemar,
B. W. Stone,
John Thompson,
David Purviance. } {\displaystyle {\Bigg \}}} {\displaystyle {\Bigg \}}}Witnesses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yes this was written in 1804.  These brothers were light years ahead of our current divided systems of men, having  invaded the Church.   Will the Lord raise up a new witness in these last days?  Oh Lord, that You would once again be seen as the Head of the Body, the Church and we who are saved as being in the priesthood of all believers.     Jim

NW VIEW

Jeremiah Jr
Jeremiah Jr's picture
Hat Tips: 3918
@ Joel

Agree with you Jim, the Lord can and does use any means necessary in His eye to reach the lost. Not my place to question his means. He can do whatever He wants.

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" Joel 2:28

This is a latter day prophecy and the Lord indicates that He will pour out His Spirit upon ALL FLESH, not just Bible believing Christians, but all Flesh. He will use any and all means possible to reach those still outside the Kingdom while it is still yet day.

How is Linda?, how are the treatments going?, been praying for her and you as well, and the rest of your family.

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Jer. Jr.

Linda is doing great.  As you know, we spent 28 days in a alternative hospital in Mexico.  Linda and I were taking yesterday about the experience of living there.  The doctors here are not happy that she is not doing the cutting, burning and chemoing that they want to apply.  The alternative cancer treatments centers, outside of America, offer many treatments that are not available at home.   There are several items that actually attack cancer cells within the body.   Much may be learned if we just seek some help;   Ag1969 and others have listed many good treatments on other threads.

The medical system lives on peddling their fears of death "if" we do not follow their treatments.  You know, the same fears peddled by many steeple house systems who are as blind as the priestcraft within the political, religious, medical and economic systems of the world.  

The world is changing and quickly.  Mr. Trump is going to shake up everything.  The majority "think" that they understand what is going to happen after Jan. 20th, however, the end times events will now accelerate and many will just begin to discover the fulfillment of the many prophesy's of the scriptures.  There will be many tears as millions of "foolish virgins" find themselves outside of the gates of the Kingdom, thinking they were part of the Bride.  Mr. Trump will have mega opposition and many will think he is of the enemy.  The Lord will use this man for His Own purposes (watch the events within Israel).   The believers have a short season to learn/receive the messages of the Kingdom and repentance will begin to be preached by many before the end.  We have waited forty years for these days and the local Church must stand in that evil day.     jmo         Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
They are blessed, Those who pray! (Swahili)

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Season of Compromise?

Galatians 5King James Version (KJV)

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are many pressures that enter into our spiritual lives.  There are friends and families who have their traditions. One can feel the pressure, a pressure for us to "bend' a little, to ignore our beliefs and to compromise during these holidays.

We try to visit our old retired steeple house pastor friend each week.  He is 91 and his wife is a bit older.  He is a great man and paid the price to witness to the many, from door to door, and that is where we met over 40 years ago.  He has been trying to pressure me to take him to his steeple house candle service in the city.   He really wants me there and to join with them in their divided system of men.  Oh what will I do for my old friend H.?   Having spent decades, teaching the evils of denominational divisions, come out from among them oh My People, teaching there is no clergy/layman divisions in the N.T., the 97% of the tithes going to feed the detours, and the lack of the functioning of the body, what could I do?

Oh the answer is simple.  I will not confuse anyone by having a double minded position.  Once one has repented of the involvement in a system in ruin, once becoming clean from the sin therein, why would one re-enter the system?   To attend that which one has exposed as in the state of ruin, would be a true backsliding of ones spiritual life.  Being "outside' of the camp is a wonderful place of Peace. 

Standing against the tide of compromise is difficult for all but the Rewards are worth the costs. We stand!    Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
"A Reed, Shaken by the Wind"?

7 And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.

9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.

10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.(Matthew 11 kjv).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The question for today is "what are we looking for"?    Will the religious community go out to view their concepts of the Lord?  Will they see Him in their Santa, their Christmas trees, their midnight services?  Will they find Him within their holy places, holy buildings or holy grounds?  Will He be within a piece of bread or a cup of wine?  Will He be found within a book, a tape or a Christmas movie? 

One will find Him, and quickly, just as my wife has done, long ago.   At the hearing of the message of the Cross, falling upon the knees, hands in the air, asking the Lord to enter within and repenting of sin.  Oh what a blessed event, lasting forever.  That is still available, even today.    

The tree will not Save, the building will not Redeem, the book will not Justify, Santa cannot give Resurrection Life, and a multitude of meetings will not open the gates of the Kingdom!   Blessed is he who has not seen and yet believes.          Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
History of the "Stundists".

The meetings of the German colonists were called in their own lan-

guage

"Stunden",

and as the Russians began to meet together for reading

the Scriptures and prayer, they were called by way of reproach

"Stundists"

that is, those who forsook their church for the “meeting". They did not

themselves use this name but called each other brethren.

Reading the Scriptures was for these Russians an extraordinary reve-

lation and power. They saw that the religious system in which they had

been brought up had held them in ignorance of God and of His salvation

in Christ. Repentance for their sins, which were many, was complete and

unreserved. Their acceptance of Christ as their Saviour and Lord was in

fulness of faith and love. Seeing the entire disagreement between the

Russian Church and the teachings of Scripture, they left the former and

attached themselves to the latter to the full extent of their knowledge.

Baptism was practised in different ways by the German colonists, but at

the first none of them baptized by immersion;

in the Greek Church

baptism was indeed by immersion but was administered to infants. The

Russian believers went to the Word and, uninfluenced by the practices

that prevailed around them, came straightway to the conviction that the

New Testament teaching and pattern was the baptism of believers by

immersion, and in their thorough consistency immediately put this into

practice, so that it became universal among those who believed. They

apprehended, too, that the breaking of bread was the Lord’s command

and was for believers only, and on this apprehension they also acted. The

clerical system of the Orthodox Church disappeared as they understood

from the Scriptures the constitution of the Church and the churches, the

priesthood of all believers, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the gifts and

the liberty of ministry He gives for rule in the churches, for edifying the

saints, and for spreading the Gospel among all men.

This movement, called

Stundist

by those outside, rapidly became so

extensive, each group of converts becoming at once a church and centre

from which the testimony radiated further, that it was evident the work

of the Spirit wrought among the foreign colonists had been but the intro-

duction and beginning of a far greater work having hold of the masses

of the Russian people. But the liberty of worship granted to the colonists

was not accorded to the native citizens of the country, and the Russian

churches had from the very beginning to endure persecution, which yet

could not check their patient enthusiasm.

The Pilgrim Church, p. 336

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Two kinds of freedom from bondage, one is eternal.

I remember when Ronald Reagan helped to open up the former bondage's of the USSR.  The gates, walls and national borders were opened and many were the people, traveling in and out.  I remember well, the priestcraft on the airplane, heading into the Ukraine.  We flew into Kiev, taking a train to Zaporizhia and staying in that city with the locals.  Oh what a blessing! The meeting, in those early days, were full and powerful.  The citizens were ready to hear the gospel, ready for some Light to Shine upon their seventy years of bandages and the outpouring of the Spirit of God was an experience for a lifetime.

We were able to enter the former closed prisons and present Jesus Christ as crucified, risen and Lord of all who would receive Him.  We explained to the prisoners that they would need to live out their years in prison but they could be free within, having received Him.    Those were powerful meetings to witness and we will never forget them.   They received an eternal Light, an eternal Freedom and they became a Light unto the world, even within the walls of Zaporizhia.

We have presidents, even today, that are setting the captives free.  This freedom is one that only opens the doors of a prison but the internal bandages of sin remain.  Better off is he who has been forgiven of his sins than he who only walks out of the prisons of men:

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.    ( John 8 kjv)

This coming year, starting soon, will test the quality of how we built upon the Foundation.  jmo                     Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
2017, a new year to strive!

23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes we have entered into a new year and soon, a new era for our nation and for Israel.  Will we be able to rescue some from the fire?   Will Christ alone be seen as the Only Hope for mankind?   Will the preaching of the Cross be heard within the assemblies?  Will the believers be a witness to the unsaved?   Will repentance be proclaimed from all quarters?  Will we lead those in darkness to the Light?  Will our families be seen as a blessing to those within and without the Church? 

We are so thankful for the wonderful Saints of old.  Thankful that they made their stands for Christ and His Church, remembering their sacrifices, often within the flames, knowing Christ and His Church beyond the imaginations of men.  Thankful for their courage to stand alone in a world of sin.  Thankful for their witness which is still as powerful today as they stood against the kingdom of the enemy.  Oh that we may be counted among those who will "strive to enter in at the strait gate".    amen:     Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Missing from the assembly?

When the Spirit of the Lord arrives, within an assembly, we are instantly placed within a different dimension of time/Hope/faith and wonder.   These are times of blessings and should be the norm, however are not.  The early Church, the people with Christ within, followers of the direction given to the Church, had many movements of the Spirit within their assemblies. 

I remember a men's camp in Arizona.   It was just a wonderful retreat, in the mountains and there were many men.  They had brought several from a local prison to attend.   The speaker was preaching Christ and the Spirit of the Lord came upon all.   People were falling down and some of the prisoners were overcome and ran out of the building in a panic.  Oh how wonderful to see a real move of the Lord upon the assembly.  Oh what a blessing to be included in such a visitation.  When He is preached, lifted up, the Church is filled with His Glory and Life within. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

His dying crimson, like a robe,
Spreads o’er His body on the tree;
Then I am dead to all the globe,
And all the globe is dead to me.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

To Christ, who won for sinners grace
By bitter grief and anguish sore,
Be praise from all the ransomed race
Forever and forevermore.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The days are coming, when the Church will seek Him and His Love/Life and Hope.   When He appears, will we run like those prisoners of old or will we stand in the midst of the congregation?  Oh yes, to survey the wondrous Cross.      Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Priestcraft has captured the calling of the assemblies!

What happened to the millions who read their bibles every day?  Do we have a one year bible and read it faithfully?  What good, what value is reading "if" the messages within are ignored?   The enemy also knows the scriptures and believes.  It is written that the devils believe and tremble.

Why have we allowed a "one man" show to take over the assemblies?  Why was a clergy/layman division allowed from the post early Church era?  What was the instructions given to the early Church?:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Cor. 14 kjv

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who changed these words or ignored them?   Why read these scriptures if they are not believed nor followed?   Do we understand that the congregation has been robbed of their gifts and callings?   Today is a great day to repent of ever thinking that we are a kingdom of laymen, a para church group or calling.   That lie comes straight for the kingdom of darkness and has settles in your steeple house.

We watched Mr. Trump's morning news brief today.   It appears that he will try to shake this entire nation/world to its foundation.   Many are finally hopeful that he has great success.   The same thing needs to happen within the assemblies.  Who will shake everything which can be shaken so that which cannot be shaken will remain?  (It is coming).  Who will set the captives free, those in bondage to religion, sects, denominations, divisions and the overlords of the priestcraft?

As it is written:  He that has an ear, let him hear!     jmo              Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Within the Church, there has never been nor will there ever be a parachurch structure.   One has either entered into the Life of Christ within or entered into the divisions of the enemy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

King James Version (KJV)

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
2017, a new year to become salty!

Matthew 5 :

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, the Church, those who have Christ within, are the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world".   The questions is, "what kind of salt are we today and what is the quality of our light"?   We have a great mission before us in this new year and new era.  Repentance is a great highway, making our light shine and returning a salty condition to all who have received Him.  Great fears have invaded our nation and this is the hour for the Church to "shine forth".  Oh how the fields are white unto harvest and it is a great blessing to go into those fields before us.  Jim

NW VIEW

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "THREAD OF FAITH - "