THREAD OF FAITH -

2475 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Oct 1, 2016 - 11:40am
NW VIEW

Article from the SQ site:

Yes a long article but full of interesting views. Note the views of the KJV bible. Also, China will never be able to close down the hidden House Churches in their nation. They should have learned that lesson in the era of Watchman Nee as the Three Self Movement gave their best shot. I know of some brothers who travel to China and work privately with the Church and not with the steeple houses. There will be many prisons filled with true Saints and many more will suffer death, through the coming invasion of forces, within the government in China.

Many Christians worry about the persecution of the steeple houses in America. No problem for most as they have long ago departed from that which is written. They will make any adjustments necessary to comply with secular mandates, issued by the state, while they hold their 501-3C's closer than their bibles. (I need to stop or a Saturday rant will take over my keyboard).

https://freedomfightertimes.com/end-times/prophecy/china-religious-winte...

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sat, Oct 1, 2016 - 12:25pm
NW VIEW

The Church

If we look at Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and #1577 in Greek, we may receive some insight as to the meaning of Church. If this word was translated according to its original meaning, the scriptures would begin to make a more correct biblical understanding.

Such as: Matthew 16:18 : Upon this rock I will build my congregation!

Acts 2: 47 ; THE LORD ADDED TO HIS CONGREGATION DAILY.

Acts 11:22 ; the congregation which was in Jerusalem.

Romans 16:5 ; greet the congregation that is in their house.

Rev. 2 and 3: "to the angel of the congregation in Smyrna .......etc,"

Yes, if we understand that the Church is the called out ones, the ekklesia and not a cold old building on the corner of Main and Dead street, we will begin to understand the Truth and where the enemy has captivated the many. jmo Jim

Sat, Oct 1, 2016 - 8:17pm
NW VIEW

Tribulations approach! Book of Enoch

There was a time when the sinners were warned to flee the wrath that is coming. To repent of their sin and receive Christ as Lord, however, in the west that has been replaced with apostasy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

XXXVII-XLIV. The First Parable.

XXXVIII. The Coming Judgement of the Wicked.

CHAPTER XXXVIII

1. The First Parable.
When the congregation of the righteous shall appear,
And sinners shall be judged for their sins,
And shall be driven from the face of the earth:

2. And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the righteous,
Whose elect works hang upon the Lord of Spirits,
And light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth, p. 57
Where then will be the dwelling of the sinners,
And where the resting-place of those who have denied the Lord of Spirits?
It had been good for them if they had not been born.

3. When the secrets of the righteous shall be revealed and the sinners judged,
And the godless driven from the presence of the righteous and elect,
4. From that time those that possess the earth shall no longer be powerful and exalted:

And they shall not be able to behold the face of the holy,
For the Lord of Spirits has caused His light to appear
On the face of the holy, righteous, and elect.

5. Then shall the kings and the mighty perish
And be given into the hands of the righteous and holy.
6. And thenceforward none shall seek for themselves mercy from the Lord of Spirits
For their life is at an end.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes "for their life is at an end". These are wonderful days to allow the Spirit within, for those who have received Him, to show forth ourselves as a "Kingdom of Priests unto God". The Church (the ekklesia, the congregation) is filled with the Gifts given by the Spirit, for the Work before us. These many gifts have be dormant as the many have sold their birth rights, given by the Holy Spirit, believing that the only gifted ones graduated from bible college. The great lie that we are a kingdom of laymen has been presented by Satan, as an apple, for the assemblies and we did as Adam and Eve.

Do we remember Matthew 25?

Parable of the Talents

14 “For it is just like a man who was about to take a journey, and he called his servants together and entrusted them with his possessions. 15 To one he gave five [b]talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and then he went on his journey. 16 The one who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he [made a profit and] gained five more. 17 Likewise the one who had two [made a profit and] gained two more. 18 But the one who had received the one went and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “Now after a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 And the one who had received the five talents came and brought him five more, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted to me five talents. See, I have [made a profit and] gained five more talents.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little, I will put you in charge of many things; share in the joy of your master.’

22 “Also the one who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have [made a profit and] gained two more talents.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little, I will put you in charge of many things; share in the joy of your master.’

24 “The one who had received one talent also came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a harsh and demanding man, reaping [the harvest] where you did not sow and gathering where you did not scatter seed. 25 So I was afraid [to lose the talent], and I went and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is your own.’

26 “But his master answered him, ‘You wicked, lazy servant, you knew that I reap [the harvest] where I did not sow and gather where I did not scatter seed. 27 Then you ought to have put my money with the bankers, and at my return I would have received my money back with interest. 28 So take the talent away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’

29 “For to everyone who has [and values his blessings and gifts from God, and has used them wisely], more will be given, and [he will be richly supplied so that] he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have [because he has ignored or disregarded his blessings and gifts from God], even what he does have will be taken away. 30 And throw out the worthless servant into the outer darkness; in that place [of grief and torment] there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger].

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The first time I heard this song was in Ghana, long ago. Jim

Lynda Randle, Andrae Crouch - If It Had Not Been [Live]
Mon, Oct 3, 2016 - 6:49pm
NW VIEW

From Randy! - Time has expired!

REDEEM THE TIME FOR THE DAYS ARE EVIL-SHARE THIS POEM FAR AND WIDE AND PRAY IT STIRS THE PEOPLE DEEP INSIDE

TIME HAS EXPIRED-BY RANDY CONWAY

Time is short, in fact it is expired, and we are living only moment by moment now.
It should be of no surprise the scriptures are clear and the word has been shouted loud.
The lies are uncovered on a daily basis yet there are too many who choose to ignore
The truth that is staring them in their faces that evil has passed through our doors.

Many question what is evil and how did it enter in
The blind eye does not recognize and the doorway is our sin.
The sin of tolerance has given way to the enemy’s eternal plan
Any moment hell will be unleashed when God removes his hand.

We have not sold, but freely given, our children to the system of education
But we first gave up the education system to the enemy through our cessation
Removing ourselves and any values that might have saved our children
And we wonder why by lies they have become imprisoned.

We sit and absorb all the refuse that comes through the television set
Believing the lies on the evening news and then we sit and fret
Wondering when the government will rescue us and leaving our responsibility up to others
We have given up our government and want instead a mother.

We kill the babies in the womb and justify our actions
Sacrificing to Molech who accepts their blood with passion
Child sacrifice is uncovered everywhere even in the halls of leadership
And we think leaders are protecting the children because they want them micro chipped.

We are a world dependent upon drugs we want every pain and emotion medicated
And in a blind stupor we stumble not seeing our freedoms have been eradicated.
We accept the darkness because someone told us it was really light
And claim homosexuality is normal and not a perverted sexual vice

We scoff at those who expose false flags calling their words but theory
While people die because of what is an ancient, true and real conspiracy.
So we ignore the truth that would set us free holding tightly to the comfort of the lies
And continue ever closer to the precipice of time while God’s patience we have tried.

The economy is destroyed but there are few who know the severity
They believe all is well mistaking welfare for prosperity
Christianity is under attack and the persecution has been implemented
We have been manipulated by the enemy and are positioned as he intended.

We think food is plentiful and we will never suffer hunger
How many will die because disbelief has been their blunder?
How many children will be forced to cry themselves to sleep,
Because the cupboards are bare and they have naught to eat?

Do you believe that ritual abuse only exists on the movie screen?
Do you refuse to hear the cries of the children as they scream?
Do you believe that all wars are fought only for our protection?
Or do you know as soldiers die it is for monetary collection.

Blood moons and high Holy days that seem to be aligned
Asteroids and planets in the heavens as a sign
An alien agenda to hybridize mankind
And the evening news says watch the Oscars for everything is fine.

Archeology is covered up and the truth it reveals is quickly swept away
Science is searching for immortality so the elite may hold death at bay
Transhumans are sought the same as they were in Hitler’s day
The lines of what is moral are now blurred and seen in shades of grey.

Earthquakes are ravaging the ground beneath our feet
Volcanoe’s boiling magma is moving underneath
The weather is now manipulated by those with malevolent plans
And fools still think that there is no force greater than a man.

We are a people dumbed down, manipulated and confused
Our economy is broken and operates only as a ruse
We are poisoned with our air, with our water and with our food
Vaccinations are no longer medicine but another poisonous brew.

The sun is constantly erupting spewing violently into space
What events are needed to awaken the human race?
The pope wants to baptize aliens, and the church thinks that’s just fine
I tend to think that reveals the branch is separated from the vine.

Nuclear war has become a constant and ever increasing threat
I wonder when an EMP will be delivered by a hostile enemy jet.
And I think the time is limited to keep an uncensored internet.
Of the many signs that reveal our time is gone, I haven’t scratched the surface yet.

We removed the guard rails of our society that kept us all protected
The warning signs we used to post have now all been rejected
And we and our children are now in danger of falling off this cliff
Yet untold numbers still deny that we are on a precipice.

We have all become the victims of our own failures,
Our failure to stand for Truth while the taste of sin we savored
We have opened our doors to destruction and freely let it in
Yet one stands at the door knocking and we open not for Him.

The Great and Fearful Day of the Lord is now at hand and our time has all expired
You must choose not today, but this moment, to accept the Truth or believe the liar.
There is a way that seems right to a man but the end leads only to destruction
There is only One Way of escape from the wrath ahead; listen to God’s instruction.

By Randy Conway

Oct 3, 2016

Tue, Oct 4, 2016 - 10:51am
NW VIEW

Temples made by man will be empty in that day!

Chapter 1 (Enoch)

1The word of the blessing of Enoch, how he blessed the elect and the righteous, who were to exist in the time of trouble; rejecting all the wicked and ungodly. Enoch, a righteous man, who was (1) with God, answered and spoke, while his eyes were open, and while he saw a holy vision in the heavens. This the angels showed me.

2From them I heard all things, and understood what I saw; that which will not take place in this generation, but in a generation which is to succeed at a distant period, on account of the elect.

3Upon their account I spoke and conversed with him, who will go forth from his habitation, the Holy and Mighty One, the God of the world:

4Who will hereafter tread upon Mount Sinai; appear with his hosts; and be manifested in the strength of his power from heaven.

5All shall be afraid, and the Watchers be terrified.

6Great fear and trembling shall seize them, even to the ends of the earth. The lofty mountains shall be troubled, and the exalted hills depressed, melting like a honeycomb in the flame. The earth shall be immerged, and all things which are in it perish; while judgment shall come upon all, even upon all the righteous:

7But to them shall he give peace: he shall preserve the elect, and towards them exercise clemency.

8Then shall all belong to God; be happy and blessed; and the splendour of the Godhead shall illuminate them.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When the believers see the antichrist on earth, when they see the fulfillment of the words of the prophets, when they see the unfolding of the scrolls, when they hear the blasts of the trumpets, when they see the nation burning as a Mystery Babylon, when they see that the Church still occupies the planet during tribulation, when they finally seek any prophet of God and cannot find any, when they finally realize they have been sheep (cash cows) for deceived steeple house religions, when they see that Satan has enter their homes and families through movies and t.v. programing, when they see that multitudes of believers have again been eliminated around the globe for their faith in Christ, when they understand that their understanding of His Kingdom has been altered by Satan's bible college invading the assemblies, when their eyes are opened as how that the divisions have departed from the message of the early Church, then there will be great weeping as they see Him and there is not any time left to seek Him and His Kingdom. jmo Jim

Fri, Oct 7, 2016 - 9:52am
NW VIEW

The Answer for our fears has never changed, even today:

Matthew 11:25-30King James Version (KJV)

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How will any government bring peace to their land? There was a time of great fear, for most, when Kennedy faced off with Russia, while many were heading for their small bunkers. We seem to be headed for WW3 and there is not any government able to stop the days of tribulation before us. However, the Answer has never changed. The hope for an escape will dwindle over time and true seeking of the Lord will again rise.

The light will finally come forth as many will see that governments, religions, assets, and human wisdom have insulated them from the Truth which is in Christ Jesus as Lord. The Hope for America is a return to the preaching of the Cross, repentance, and a turning away from the fables of man made religions. jmo Jim

Fri, Oct 7, 2016 - 12:24pm
NW VIEW

The Schleitheim Confession: 1527

https://www.anabaptists.org/history/the-schleitheim-confession.html

(Yes, we would add much and even subtract a bit, however, they are much closer than the steeple houses of today). jmo Jim

Sat, Oct 8, 2016 - 10:16am
NW VIEW

Assemblies of "covenant breakers"!

https://aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/marriage/1761-marriage-covenant-keepers-or-covenant-breakers

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Another old friend passed onward this month. He had been a missionary in Africa and a local steeple house pastor. We had a long discussion, many years ago, about marriage and re-marriage. He said: "In the beginning, our denomination would not remarry anyone. Then time passed by and we would only remarry the party who was not at fault"! I asked who that might be in a marriage? He said "well, the one who stayed in our church was the one who we would remarry"! Then he said that their system had evolved to where they will marry anyone at any time without any restrictions. COVENANT BREAKERS and the clergy is swimming in the sin as well as the assembly.

Long ago, we were in a local steeple house system. The pastor and I often locked horns over their views of the new testament Church. We asked him why he kept remarrying divorced people within his assembly. He said if he did not marry them they would just find someone who would and they would leave his church.

When we make being a covenant breaker the policy of the assembly, much sin rises within the steeple house. Oh yes, that pastor divorced his wife, long ago and she is remarried as a covenant breaker as she sits in some new assembly as he also has entered into his sin.

There are many ways to become a covenant breaker. The price that will be paid for it will be seen by all in that day. Woe to him who started out within the New Blood Covenant and was foolish enough to return to the old blood covenant, becoming an enemy of the Cross of Christ. The Ark of the Covenant is EMPTY and He will never return within it. The old covenant people will do everything to return to their former glory, even rebuilding an empty temple, but Jesus has placed Himself within our temples, for those who have received Him. Yes this is the era of the New Blood Covenant and in this we must stand. jmo Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Romans 1 kjv

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Fri, Oct 14, 2016 - 10:04am
NW VIEW

We still hear you Enoch! (Can we hear him now?)

CHAPTER XCIX.

1. Woe to you who work godlessness,
And glory in lying and extol them:
Ye shall perish, and no happy life shall be yours.

2. Woe to them who pervert the words of uprightness,
And transgress the eternal law,
And transform themselves into what they were not [into sinners]:
They shall be trodden under foot upon the earth.

3. In those days make ready, ye righteous, to raise your prayers as a memorial,
And place them as a testimony before the angels,
That they may place the sin of the sinners for a memorial before the Most High.

4. In those days the nations shall be stirred up,
And the families of the nations shall arise on the day of destruction.

5. And in those days the destitute shall go forth and carry off their children,
And they shall abandon them, so that their children shall perish through them:
Yea, they shall abandon their children (that are still) sucklings, and not return to them,
And shall have no pity on their beloved ones.

6. And again I swear to you, ye sinners, that sin is prepared for a day of unceasing bloodshed. 7. And they who worship stones, and grave images of gold

p. 142

and silver and wood 〈and stone〉 and clay, and those who worship impure spirits and demons, and all kinds of idols not according to knowledge, shall get no manner of help from them.

8. And they shall become godless by reason of the folly of their hearts,
And their eyes shall be blinded through the fear of their hearts
And through visions in their dreams.
9. Through these they shall become godless and fearful;
For they shall have wrought all their work in a lie,
And shall have worshiped a stone:
Therefore in an instant shall they perish.

10. But in those days blessed are all they who accept the words of wisdom, and understand them,
And observe the paths of the Most High, and walk in the path of His righteousness,
And become not godless with the godless;
For they shall be saved.

11. Woe to you who spread evil to your neighbours;
For you shall be slain in Sheol.
12. Woe to you who make deceitful and false measures,
And (to them) who cause bitterness on the earth;
For they shall thereby be utterly consumed.

13. Woe to you who build your houses through the grievous toil of others,
And all their building materials are the bricks and stones of sin;
I tell you ye shall have no peace.

14. Woe to them who reject the measure and eternal heritage of their fathers
And whose souls follow after idols;
For they shall have no rest.

15. Woe to them who work unrighteousness and help oppression, p. 143
And slay their neighbours until the day of the great judgement.

16. For He shall cast down your glory,
And bring affliction on your hearts,
And shall arouse His fierce indignation,
And destroy you all with the sword;
And all the holy and righteous shall remember your sins.

Sat, Oct 15, 2016 - 11:43am
NW VIEW

The Pilgrim Church!

That old picnic table, in the wilderness, always has a few saints at table. We have seen that a few like California Carol have departed and moved onward. The rest of us must remain until that day. There are days, like today, when there is wonderful fellowship for those who attend.

Yes there was Jer. Jr. and Dan along with Not Worthy Dale and Brian, Linda and several others. Oh how wonderful it is to sit with the Church as we wait upon the events before us. Then it happened: We saw the old Seer, coming down the pathway, heading for the cities of the unsaved.

Robert noticed that the Seer was packing a large bag and Robert thought it must be his bugout bag. Robert invited the Seer to sit and rest at the table and said "what is in your bugout bag these days"? He said, "Oh this bag is only for the provisions needed for the hungry and naked that our Lord places before me, each and every day. Sometime it takes more than just a prayer for a person as they need a piece of bread or a cup of cold water. My real bugout bag is totally within. I carry the Lord within, everywhere I go. He never leaves me and He guides me from within. In the day of trouble, which is approaching, my external bag may be empty but my internal Life is on solid ground. Yes, the steeple house world has overlooked the Value of Jesus Christ in you, the Hope of Glory. My outer bag may be stolen but nothing in heaven or earth will remove the Lord within me and He is my True Treasure and Life."

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6)

Robert asked if he had any departing word as he headed down the trail. He said only, "do not be concerned over the evil days ahead. The Lord knows His own people, the Church, and has sealed us for the days ahead. The ones who are going to be in trouble are those who have an empty, internal life within and only have the provisions of a carry along burlap bag which will burn in the fire. The majority will look for signs of the beginning of tribulations and not see that they are surrounded with many fulfillments. The rocks and caves will not hide the sinners from the coming of our Lord and that day approaches."

Happy is he who is able to sit at table, with those who have received Him within. jmo Jim

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Matthew 13

4 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:

46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Yes it is written: "the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just" as the wicked will be severed and the Just remain.

Sat, Oct 15, 2016 - 5:08pm
NW VIEW

Hebrews 12:1, our race!

Sun, Oct 16, 2016 - 11:21am
NW VIEW

A Disciple for today!

Becoming A Disciple (by Peter Whyte)

Published March 1, 2015 | By Peter Whyte

NOTE: The following article is taken from Chapter 11 of Peter Whyte’s book “The King and His Kingdom”, written in 1979.

The followers of Jesus were known as His disciples, not as church members.

The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch (Acts 11:26). The name “Christian” means an adherent of Christ.

Today we have such muddled terminology that we apply the term to any church member, regardless of whether he or she is a dedicated follower, a disciple, of Christ.

We need to become disciples of the King and His Kingdom, and church membership can sometimes be a hindrance rather than a help. Loyalty to a man-made church will usually prevent total loyalty to the Kingdom of God. The claims of the organization usually take priority over the claims of the Kingdom when any conflict of interest arises. You cannot serve two masters.

• Becoming a disciple involves first AN ACT OF MY WILL.

I WILL TO DO THE WILL OF GOD.

I WILL to be a disciple of King Jesus and His Kingdom.

Becoming a disciple means I STOP TALKING AND START DOING.

It may not be difficult for us to see the truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom, but we are an unholy nation of scribes and Pharisees. Our normal reaction, if we accept the truth, is to agree with it Then we study it for ourselves in the Bible, read books and hear teachings on the King and His Kingdom.

We then make the fatal error of talking about it, and NEVER become TOTALLY COMMITTED TO DOING IT PERSONALLY.

We are so “concept-bound” that we will immediately start sharing the “new concepts” with anyone who will listen.

If I am a preacher, I start preaching it to my congregation.

If I am a “mature” Christian, I start teaching it to those in my care.

The example of Jesus Christ must be our example, and He was both a DOER and a TEACHER.

George Bernard Shaw said: “Those that can, DO. Those that can’t, TEACH.” It is too often true in our churches that “those that can, DO; but those who can’t, PREACH.”

It is no use teaching the Kingdom concepts of married life if your marriage is a mess. It is no use teaching patience if you are impatient. It is no use teaching the Way of Christ if it is not the way you live. First of all YOU WILL TO DO WHAT THE KING SAYS, AND THEN YOU DO IT.

Only then do you pass it on to whomsoever the Lord gives you to disciple. The life you live is imparted spiritually by association, and that is more important than theological concepts.

After the resurrection Jesus appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee. There He gave a kingly command which, if obeyed, will turn the world upside down.

• “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, l am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matt. 28:18-20).

It is certain that the disciples obeyed His instructions, which contain THE ONLY METHOD by which Jesus extends HIS Kingdom!

Jesus said, “MAKE disciples, and teach them to DO all that I commanded you.” This must be our first objective in becoming a disciple. We MUST LEARN all that Jesus taught and practice DOING what He says to the best of our ability.

A few days after He gave the instructions of Matthew 28:18-20, we have the events recorded in the second chapter of Acts. Thousands were added to the Church, and they were “continually devoting themselves to the teaching of the apostles, fellowship, breaking of bread and prayer.”

The apostles’ doctrine of Acts 2:42 was simply that of teaching the people to DO IN THEIR DAILY LIVES THE THINGS THAT CHRIST HAD TAUGHT THEM.

This is simple, and so logical that it seems superfluous to point it out, yet it is nearly impossible to find a church in the 20th century that actually does this.

Becoming a disciple means that I must learn what Christ taught His first disciples, and then do those things in my daily life.

Becoming a disciple is a process, just as becoming a son of God is a process. It requires the FORMATION of your life.

The first place for me to live out the teaching of Christ is in my own home. The second place is where I am employed.

Until the Kingdom of God is working in my own life, in my attitudes and relationships, I have not BECOME a disciple.

Becoming a disciple means applying the teaching to myself and changing myself.

This does not mean a humanistic self-reformation, but following in Jesus’ steps and obeying His Spirit within me.

Unless I have the Spirit of Christ, I have no part in Him.

If I do have His Spirit in me then I can change myself, because I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me.

The problem is that we find it easier to see the need for change in OTHER PEOPLE.

Jesus never told us to go and teach everything we find in the Bible, or men’s opinions of what Scripture means, or all the traditions of our particular church. He said, “Teach ME.”

I can therefore easily exhort others to change, yet never become a disciple because I fail to change myself.

Praying without ceasing is an attitude, and to become a disciple I must continually have this prayer attitude:

• “LORD, CHANGE ME!”

Once this prayer attitude is established I will see that, although I must will to change myself, it will in reality be the Lord working in me unresisted that changes me. Every circumstance of my life becomes a thrilling learning experience. I will understand that God uses everybody around me and every circumstance to mold and refine me. Trials and tribulations, suffering, pleasure, success or failure, all become learning experiences, working together for MY GOOD.

God has predestined me to be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus, and so ALL things are working in my life to change me from glory to glory.

Change is very important because it involves growth. If I am not continually being changed from glory to glory, I am not growing more like Jesus.

Only as we become more like our Master are we profitable servants, able to fulfill our function correctly as His Body upon the earth.

Peter Whyte

Tue, Oct 25, 2016 - 1:43pm
NW VIEW

Days of weeping ahead!Lord

Oh yes we see the many views of the coming days in America and the world. Who will win the election? Does it really matter to he who has Christ within? DO we really expect America to be great again? Has repentance broken out from shore to shore? HAs the trash from Hollywood stopped from entering our homes from the t.v.? Has the revival started across our nation in ruin. Has the divided steeple houses come to a place of true repentance and returned to that which was given to the early Church? The great and terrible day of the Lord is approaching. Great for those who have Him within and terrible for those who think they have solved the hidden truths of the universe. Jim

Tue, Oct 25, 2016 - 4:12pm
NW VIEW

Times and seasons are as written!

Why be upset over the degeneration of all man made things? YEs the governments are corrupted, the banking is corrupted, medicine and the medical field is corrupted and the direction of the original Church has been corrupted for at least 1700 years. Why fret, wring the hands, or lose sleep? These thing must take place, the Lord has warned the Church from the beginning so why be surprised? Today, salvation is still available to whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord. Do we think we can alter or change any of the corrupted systems? When He returns, all things will be restored to the original intent of the Lord. For today, let us be more aware of that which He has placed before us and just live out today as the evils of tomorrow will show up on time and we cannot live out tomorrow. Jim

Wed, Oct 26, 2016 - 5:52pm
NW VIEW

Insider lessons from the past!

I have mentioned that there is a woman at our hospital who was a friend of Leonard Ravenhill. He was a true blessing. He had learned long ago to live in the now and do what the Lord placed before him each day. Leonard had a large stack of blank paper on his desk. Each morning, he would crumple up the top sheet, throw it in the trash and wait for the next day. He knew that we can only live today and tomorrow will come and that new day will be lived then. He knew that we must do that which the Lord has placed before us in the "today".

Why worry about elections or the economy?Happy is he who lives in the now and has the discernment to do that which our Lord has placed before us. Jim

Sun, Oct 30, 2016 - 10:21am
NW VIEW

Troubles?

The days of trouble are forming from coast to coast. We have had a dark cloud forming for decades, a divided house, a secular nation. This election will not save America nor restore it to its former position in the world. The only hope for our country is a turning from sin, true repentance for it is written: "repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand" and that is still the message for America. It is better to pray for revival than to pray for your choice of a president.

Sun, Oct 30, 2016 - 11:23am
NW VIEW

Sunday morning Seahawks and Saints!

Well it is Sunday and multitudes will gather in their buildings as spectators. The Seahawks fans will put on their Sunday football uniforms, paint their faces, have tailgate feasts, pay their weekly fees to attend and stand and shout for victory. When the meeting is over, they all return home, thinking that they are football players but really are only spectators. If they jump up in the middle of the game, run onto the field and want to be involved, they will be escorted to the outside of the building. Football is a business, needing the spectators funds and if those funds ever stop the games will be over.

It is better to obtain a ball and gather with the neighbors and become involved in the real action. Taking the funds once given to the house and helping the neighbors with the basics of life.

Happy and blessed is he who has not given up his gifts and callings, via the Spirit of God, having placed himself on the viewing bench, outside of the Work set before him. Jim

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 - 9:17am
Dr. P. Metals

Sad but true

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 - 10:22am Dr. P. Metals
NW VIEW

@ Dr. P. Metalswill be an eternal shock

The video really is quite common. I have known two priests who after retiring from their steeple houses, heard the gospel message and were wonderfully saved. One of them said to me, "Jim, I never, ever preached the truth to my church. I prayed with many, at their point of death, looking for assurance of some way into

heaven and I did not give them any answer. ".

The real sad part is the people in the article above have stayed in a steeple house system, knowing the preacher is lost, that Jesus being the Way of Salvation, is not believed or preached and they still stay in this household of Satan. The enemy has them right were he wants them.

The days are quickly approaching when the folly of the divided systems of the world, controlled by the blind priestcraft, will see the antichrist in full view and they have not escaped but have been left here as the end approaches. Their removal from the earth, as the saved inherit the earth, will be a sad era for all. Jim

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 - 3:54pm
Dr. P. Metals

I'm also astounded

By those on this site who claim to be enlightened and able to spot to fraud and the ways of the Banksters, and yet cannot for the life of them see beyond their very own noses at the SAME and MUCH BIGGER deception being played by the great dragon, and his Jesuit minions with ALL things - political, monetary and "religious". That deception is where the real war is at. I'm completely done now trying to wake people here up to this fact. Even other "atheists" out there have connected so many more dots than those here on this site its staggering, even though they (the atheists) don't know or understand "why" it is all happening. Whatever.

Most here keep moving their checker pieces around the board not even understanding that the real game being played is chess, and don't even seem to notice.

randomness