THREAD OF FAITH -

2191 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, May 12, 2016 - 6:51pm
NW VIEW

For Carol's family!

Carol has three grown children. One of her daughters, Debbi, has set up a site on Face Book so that people can post their thoughts about Carol. They live in southern California and we are not able to attend her memorial gathering later on. Here is what Debbi sent me just a few minutes ago:

Jim,

here is the link to my mom's Facebook memorial page,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/997412876961139/

you can copy and paste this into your thread of faith page.

please ask members to share their memories here so we will have a lasting record of those who knew and loved her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Much healing can and will come for the kids as they see the love that others had for Carol. Thanks.....>>>>>Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Thu, May 12, 2016 - 8:54pm
foggyroad

In Heaven waiting for Us

Jim, I don't use Facebook, but please post anything I have posted for Debbi., at Carol's Memorial Page.

Please.

My prayers are with Carol's loving Family.

Thank you, Brothers and Sisters for all the lovely posts for Carol.

May God Bless Debbi and all Carol's Kin.

Amen.

Sat, May 14, 2016 - 11:16am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

Carol – SWM

Jim and all, I have not been around posting much as of late but do read in and I do think of all of you here often. I was saddened to hear the news this morning when I stopped in; physical death of a brother or sister in Christ, or any loved one for that matter is always tough from our perspective.

Jim, I am glad you could be there for her. You’re sharing over the years and your ministry to her reminded me of Hopeful and Pilgrim when they were crossing the Jordan- the river of death, and Hopeful lifting up Pilgrim as he was starting to sink.

https://www.bunyanministries.org/pp_commentary/34_com%20_christian_and_h...

Carol is home now, safe in the arms of our Lord, singing a new song.

Favorite Song of All - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

Favorite Song of All - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Sat, May 14, 2016 - 4:37pm
NW VIEW

Pull up a chair and lets reason a bit!

It is always difficult to be in the small minority in anything. It is just easier to go with the crowd and everyone will accept you and love you. Well, it did not work that way for those who were called throughout Church history. We began to warn the Church, decades ago, and the majority still do not have eyes to see nor ears to hear. We have no hidden agenda except for the good of the Church which is the people, called out and set apart for the Kingdom. Having the correct view of the end days is not a matter of salvation but will have a huge effect on being ready for what is directly ahead.

I watched some of the tape on the SQ site today. There is much truth within their message and the entire truth is within the Spirit of God and He will disclose these Truths as needed:https://jimbakkershow.com/video/days-noah-almost-upon-us-day-3/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It would be good to take the time to ponder the messages on this tape as to the timing of the pre/mid/post tribulation and to understand that the church has been made a cash cow, by the many, as they have been led astray, by well meaning but blind professors of knowledge, however, blind and in a ditch.

You may say on this thread: "Jim, what are you trying to do and say?" I am saying that the so-called church is in a state or ruin and has been since the days of the apostles. That the denominational divisions are in total violation of the order of the N.T. era for the Church. (It would be good to review J.N. Darby's teaching on the ruin of the church in The Pilgrim Church Chapter 17). I am saying that nothing, I mean nothing, will benefit America and the world if REPENTANCE of sin and our detoured ways are not proclaimed across the lands. Oh Lord, send us thousands like Watchman Nee, George Fox, Jimmy Wilson, and T.A. Sparks.

The nation has become Sodom and evil is on all corners. We have exported our trash to the entire world and have become Babylon, headed for judgment. All the while, the steeple houses preach prosperity via Right Right Rev. perverted Mary Jane. Yes, the S.H.'s are in a state of ruin.

It would be a good time, for those who are saved, to consider/ponder the possibility that the ones to be removed are the lost, just as it always has been. A time to prepare for tribulation and sticking around for the return of the Lord. Yes, we will be changed in that day to be like Him.

This is not a new position for us who are a part of the local Church. Here we will continue to make our stand. jmo Jim

(Also, much of the other material on the tape is a bit over the top).

Wed, May 18, 2016 - 6:48pm
NW VIEW

America's Downfall!

Psalm 127King James Version (KJV)

127 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes the nation has fired the Lord as the builder, the watchmen are thrown off the walls, the children have been aborted and those that have survived are captured by the degenerating media and schools, while the enemy has destroyed most quivers leaving the gates burning with fire. jmo Jim

When the Lord appears, it will be too late for repentance.

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 10:59am
NW VIEW

A Thread of Faith?

Luke 18King James Version (KJV)

18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, will He find any Faith when He returns? Will that current faith be "faith in faith" or a prosperity faith? Will it be a hope in having faith or just a hope of having enough oil within ones lamp? Will He see our actions, throughout our lifetimes, as a witness of our faith or will we only have a testimony of our dead faith? Will we say we have works or will we show our Faith by our works? Will our Faith enable us to stand in that evil day which is approaching quickly? What will our faith look like when we see that the Church has not been raptured and the mark of the beast is being distributed and the end times events, within the scriptures, are being fulfilled , day by day?

When the Lord appears, it will be too late for repentance. Jim

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 2:09pm
foggyroad

Pray Always

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Matt 25:13

I read your post Jim and thought to read the verses "and two in the field

I opened my Bible to search in Matthew and Lo mine eyes went straight to Matthew 25:13, the verse quoted above.

"Watch therefore,"

Those that are watching, see the 'times'

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Luke 21:36

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 2:20pm (Reply to #808)
NW VIEW

Watching with Foggyroad!

Yes Foggy, Matthew 24 and 25 are eye openers for those who just read what it actually says. It has been a bit shocking, over the decades, as we say to believers that our household wants to be counted with those left behind. The majority are focused on "when He comes like a thief in the night, He will steal us away to heaven and leave the unsaved for seven years to inherit the earth." Then there are those who understand that the thief comes to "steal, rob and destroy" as He has stated. They (the minority) are looking for the unsaved to be taken as a thief in the night and the blessings of Life to be given to the Saints as they remain right here.

When the Lord comes, there will not be time for repentance as the many find themselves transported into a new abode.

Sat, May 21, 2016 - 4:28pm
foggyroad

Praise the Lord

Glorious Day,

Give thanksgiving unto the Lord,

Praise Him, his Mercy and Grace,

revel in His Blessings,

for all things Good come from Him.

Give thanks for a Spouses warm comfort,

their Hearts do cherish,

Give thanks,

for children given, for to raise,

Precious trust from our Father,

pure innocence filled with Joy,.

Family are one of His blessed gifts,

love Them,

hug Them,

dote on Them,

correct and teach Them,

tell them that you love Them,

for they come from God.

Give blessing and thanksgiving for the food on your table,

give praise unto Him.

Apple Blossom's sweet perfume,

song birds appearance,

green grasses, soft carpet.

Sunny Days brightness,

rains gentle song,

Springs fresh greetings,

afternoons long shadows,

Snow capped mountains clear streams.

Cool dews upon Evening's grass,

for children's laughing smiles,

Their sparkling wide eyes,

for brisk morning Air,

dreamy pale blue Skies,

deep oceans pounding surfs,

God's blessed Creation,

His beauty unbounded.

Give Glory unto God, for this,

His day made.

Glorious Day.

Glorious Day (Living He loved me) ~Casting Crowns

For He is Good.

Amen.

Love foggy

Mon, May 23, 2016 - 10:06am
NW VIEW

There it is written again!

Revelation 3King James Version (KJV)

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Be watchful (written to the Church), strengthen the things which remain, our works not being perfect. Remembering what we received and heard, hold fast, and REPENT! If we do not watch, He will come to them as a THIEF and those are the ones who will be in trouble. Jim

Thu, May 26, 2016 - 2:15pm
NW VIEW

Randy from the SQ site!

SHUT US UP AND SHUT US DOWN:The true Watchmen are sounding out the warning But there are those who want to:

SHUT US UP AND SHUT US DOWN

The true Watchmen are sounding out the warning
But there are those who want to:

Shut us up and shut us down
Some want to turn this move of God around.
The evil powers that be spent years to get us here
They will stop at nothing using laws and threats and fear.

Censoring Truth could be the local church in town.
Calling the Truth intolerant I am perplexed
Where is tolerance of sin taught in the Biblical text?

Satan desires the Watchmen’s voice to drown.
When God moves, the gates of hell will not prevail
God or His watchmen will not be silenced or curtailed.

The true Watchmen are sounding out the warning,
There may be those who want to shut us up and shut us down - but:

The Watchmen will not shut up!
God will not be shut down!
The deniers will drink from a bitter cup
They will meet the Sword of the Lord in the final showdown.

DON’T SHUT UP AND DON’T GO DOWN. Galatians 6:9

By Randy Conway

May 26, 2016

Sat, May 28, 2016 - 12:25pm
NW VIEW

Is Love being in Agreement?

I had a great time talking to a 90 year old former pastor yesterday. He was talking about the importance of letting the divided assemblies know that we really love them. However, that means differing things to differing assemblies. If one attends a local steeple house and just does the basics, they will be seen as good Christians and one who shows forth great love. You know: Attend all the meetings, join their system, pay your tithes, submit to their so-called clergy and agree with everything that they believe and teach.

One could travel to the A.O.G. system and be seen as one who loves, then to the J.W.'s system, then to the Mormons, then the 4 Square and move on to the Baptists or even over to the R.C.C.! As long as one follows the above list, they will be welcome and seen as one who "loves the brethren". Even though, there is very little common ground between any of these divided systems.

How would the apostle Paul or John or even the Lord Himself be seen as loving in these current divided systems? Would He be seen as coming through the back door on Sunday morning with a whip in His hand or would He be looking for a place to sign His Name to join their system? Oh yes, what is "love".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 John 4King James Version (KJV)

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When the outsider comes into the assembly, one who has the "Word of the Lord", the Watchman, the Prophet, the one who actually "sees" the fallen condition and brings forth the Word, that takes great Love. Agreement in the assembly is a different kind of love than what it takes to speak forth the Living Word to a lost generation of sheep. Rejection comes quickly but all of Heaven will rejoice as one sinner repents of their sin and comes to Christ. Jim

Sat, May 28, 2016 - 5:57pm
NW VIEW

There are Three that bear witness!

It is written:

1 John 5King James Version (KJV)

5 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes the Witness of God is Greater.

I decided to take the wife to the Nordstrom's sale at the mall today. We had a great lunch and I decided to just sit in the mall area and enjoy the many shoppers as they passed by. Then it happened. There were three, yes three, that came to me to witness. It was a mom and two kids. One, with a typed paper, said he wanted to talk about the scriptures and witness to me and make me a witness for others! They were nice kids and I do enjoy it when someone reaches out to others.

I said,"Well, I have been saved by Jesus and have Christ within. Have you received Him and when did it happen?" No answer! "You know that just going to a so-called church building will not save you or place you in the Kingdom of God"! No answer! "You must come to the place of receiving Christ within". The mom did not say a single word. The young boy, as he departed said "Well, I just go to church"!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sunday is coming and so will the Lord. When He appears it will be too late to repent! Jim

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (1Pet.3:15)

Sun, May 29, 2016 - 12:25pm
NW VIEW

Interesting View from Book of Enoch:

C. The Sinners destroy each other: Judgement of the fallen Angels: the Safety of the Righteous: further Woes for the Sinners.

CHAPTER C.

1. And in those days in one place the fathers together with their sons shall be smitten
And brothers one with another shall fall in death
Till the streams flow with their blood.

2 .For a man shall not withhold his hand from slaying his sons and his sons' sons,
And the sinner shall not withhold his hand from his honoured brother:
From dawn till sunset they shall slay one another.

3. And the horse shall walk up to the breast in the blood of sinners,
And the chariot shall be submerged to its height.

4 In those days the angels shall descend into the secret places
And gather together into one place all those who brought down sin
And the Most High will arise on that day of judgement
To execute great judgement amongst sinners.

5. And over all the righteous and holy He will appoint guardians from amongst the holy angels
To guard them as the apple of an eye,
Until He makes an end of all wickedness and all sin, p. 144
And though the righteous sleep a long sleep, they have nought to fear.

6. And (then) the children of the earth shall see the wise in security,
And shall understand all the words of this book,
And recognize that their riches shall not be able to save them
In the overthrow of their sins.

7. Woe to you, Sinners, on the day of strong anguish,
Ye who afflict the righteous and burn them with fire:
Ye shall be requited according to your works.

8. Woe to you, ye obstinate of heart,
Who watch in order to devise wickedness:
Therefore shall fear come upon you
And there shall be none to help you.

9. Woe to you, ye sinners, on account of the words of your mouth,
And on account of the deeds of your hands which your godlessness as wrought,
In blazing flames burning worse than fire shall ye burn.

10 And now, know ye that from the angels He will inquire as to your deeds in heaven, from the sun and from the moon and from the stars in reference to your sins because upon the earth ye execute judgement on the righteous. 11. And He will summon to testify against you every cloud and mist and dew and rain; for they shall all be withheld because of you from descending upon you, and they shall be mindful of your sins. 12. And now give presents to the rain that it be not withheld from descending upon you, nor yet the dew, when it has received gold and silver from you that it may descend. 13. When the hoar-frost and snow with their chilliness, and all the snow-storms with all their plagues fall upon you, in those days ye shall not be able to stand before them.

Fri, Jun 3, 2016 - 12:49pm
NW VIEW

1st colony in northern parts of Virginia:

Mayflower Compact – Inspiring American Prayer of the Past

Mayflower Compact – Inspiring American Prayer of the Past
By: CWALAC Staff - 10/7/2010

“In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the Loyal Subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord, King James, by the Grace of God, of England, France and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, e&. Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia; do by these presents, solemnly and mutually in the Presence of God and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid; And by Virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions and Offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the General good of the Colony; unto which we promise all due submission and obedience. In Witness whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names at Cape Cod the eleventh of November, in the Reign of our Sovereign Lord, King James of England, France and Ireland, the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth. Anno Domini, 1620.”

- See more at: https://www.cwfa.org/mayflower-compact-inspiring-american-prayer-of-the-...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Many ships have landed on our shores from the days of the Mayflower. Their cargo was to eliminate the vision of the Christian settlements of America and until the assembly begins to preach Christ and Him as crucified, we will continue to be overrun by the demonic forces, even within our divided systems. Jim

Fri, Jun 3, 2016 - 5:26pm
NW VIEW

Intersting artice on the "Party Spirit"!

The Cure for the Party Spirit

R. Tuck

1 Corinthians 3:13-23
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire…

Having still in mind the difficulty occasioned by those who claimed to be superior teachers; and gathered parties round them, the apostle proceeds to show that merely human wisdom is in itself worthless for spiritual purposes, and, therefore, that the possession of it alone is no reason for the exaltation of the teacher who is endowed with it." A man over confident in his superior knowledge is always a dangerous man. The most learned are always the most humble. "A child like willingness to learn is the first step towards the true wisdom." To find the cure for the party spirit, we must search for the real root of its evil; just as the physician who would remove disease and restore health must discover precisely where the disease is seated and what are its essential features.

I. THE ROOT OF THE PARTY SPIRIT. It is precisely self satisfaction, but it may take form as

(1) pride of wisdom;

(2) pride of place;

(3) pride of birth;

(4) pride of power.

A man wants to be separate from his brethren and to be counted superior to them. The party spirit is not, however, only shown in the leaders; there are persons who are weakly willing to take sides and follow leaders, and he who follows may be quite as wrong and as mischievous as he who leads. The root of the evil, the self seeking spirit, may be equally found in them both. Illustrate the evil of the party spirit by the silent, spreading, fatal influences of a cancer; and give cases of sectarian evil from Church history. In every age the Church has suffered from those who broke away from her unity, following this leader and that.

II. THE CURE OF THE PARTY SPIRIT. It is found in a full and worthy estimate of our rights, privileges, and possessions in Christ. If we enter into and maintain right relations with Christ, we shall certainly be delivered from any undue allegiance to men. Christ is Lord, and he is supreme; all teachers are but ministers, Divine agents, by whom we believe, and who are graciously used to help our spiritual joy. Christ alone is ours to follow and obey, ministers and teachers are ours to use and to honour for their works' sake. All are God's; all are in commission to Christ; all are in use, by him, for the instruction and edification of his Church; and therefore we ought to follow after no one of them, but only after Christ. "Let party spirit cease. Do not degrade yourselves by calling yourselves after the names of any man, foreverything is yours - these teachers only exist for you. The enthusiasm of the apostle, as he speaks of the privileges of Christians, leads him on beyond the bare assertion necessary to the logical conclusion of his argument, and, enlarging the idea, he dwells, in a few brief and impressive utterances, on the limitless possessions - in life and in death, in the present life and that which is future - which belong to those who are united with Christ." F. W. Robertson finely dwells on the freedom from party following which those have who are supremely loyal to Christ: "Then it is that he is emancipated from circumstances then, all things are his - this marvellous life, so full of endless meanings, so pregnant with infinite opportunities. Still more death, which seems to come to him like a tyrant commanding him when it will - death is his in Christ, his minister to lead him to higher life. Paul is his, to teach him freedom. Apollos his, to animate him with his eloquence. Cephas his, to fire him with his courage. Every author his, to impart to him his treasures. But remark, that St. Paul refers all this to the universal law of sacrifice: all things are ours on this condition - that we are Christ's. The law which made Christ God's has made us Christ's. All things are yours, that is, serve you; but they only discharge the mission and obey the law involuntarily that yon are called on to discharge and obey voluntarily - the law to which Christ was subject, for Christ 'was God's.' So that, when the law of the cross is the law of our being - when we have learnt to surrender ourselves - then, and then only, we are free from all things: they are ours, not we theirs; we use them, instead of being crushed by them." Conclude by showing the peril of nourishing the party spirit in these days, when particular aspects of doctrine are so hotly contested. There may be party feeling doing copious mischief within Christian communities, though it may not reach the length of separation or schism. We need anxiously to watch against the beginnings of this evil in ourselves and in others. - R.T.

Sat, Jun 4, 2016 - 11:19am
BIGNASTY

NW............................................

Thanks NW another great post. Really causes one to examine one priorities and heart.

Sat, Jun 4, 2016 - 2:28pm (Reply to #818)
NW VIEW

Yes true BIGNASTY and Oh what a morning for the Church!

The Seekers - When The Stars Begin To Fall
Sun, Jun 5, 2016 - 10:08pm
NW VIEW

With unprecedented power and

With unprecedented power and courage Luther had brought to light

the Scripture truths as to the individual salvation of the sinner by faith,

but failed when he might have shown the way to a return to Scripture

in all things, including its teaching as to the Church. He had taught:

“I say it a hundred thousand times, God will have no forced service."

“No one can or ought to be forced to believe." In 1526 he had written:

“The right kind of evangelical order cannot be exhibited among all sorts

of people, but those who are seriously determined to be Christians and

confess the Gospel with hand and mouth, must enrol themselves by name

and meet apart, in one house, for prayer, for reading, to baptize, to take

the Sacrament, and exercise other Christian works.

With such order it would be possible for those who did not behave

in a Christian manner to be known, reproved, restored, or excluded,

according to the rule of Christ (Matt. 18. 15). Here also they could, in

common, subscribe alms, which would be willingly given and distributed

among the poor, according to the example of Paul (2 Cor. 9. 1-12). Here

it would not be necessary to have much or fine singing. Here a short

and simple way of baptism and the Sacrament could be practised, and

all would be according to the Word and in love. But I cannot yet order

and establish such an assembly, for I have not yet the right people for it.

If, however, it should come about that I must do it, and am driven to it,

I will willingly do my part. In the meantime I will call, excite, preach,

help, forward it, until the Christians take the Word so in earnest that

they will themselves find how to do it and continue in it." (The Pilgrim Church P. 166)

Luther failed in his limited view of "evangelical order", missed that time in history when order could be brought back within the mandate to the early Church and in the process, he just established another harlot daughter. Divine Order is coming and all will be Christ as Lord over all. There will not be even one division nor any man following another except as we all follow Him. Let us not have any labels except the new name given to us by Him. jmo Jim

Sun, Jun 5, 2016 - 10:19pm
BIGNASTY

NW and friends..................................................

Video unavailable

Thought I'd share this video for several reasons. First time I saw this interpretation of Daniel 8 and figured I would run it by my more mature brothers and sisters. It is also fascinating geo/politically as this missionary is an on the ground expert on the middle east.

randomness