THREAD OF FAITH -

2483 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Sep 24, 2015 - 9:48pm foggyroad
BIGNASTY

Foggy........................

Chuck and family are awesome! what a fabulous teacher! Thanks for sharing, He has shared 100"s of youtube sessions. Dots would make many connections!!

Fri, Sep 25, 2015 - 9:43am
NW VIEW

The Judaizers are paving the roadway!

We have watched the many books that have been written, over the last few decades, that were presented to the world, to prepare the church for the coming of the Lord. Millions of books were sold and millions of dollars were made. There are many famous ones like Hal Lindsey, Tim LaHaye and now Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. Yes that says "Rabbi":

https://www.wnd.com/2015/09/the-shemitah-that-was-and-the-shaking-to-com...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It will take Big Medicine to pull the end times seekers off of the judaized roadway and back to the finished Work of the Cross. jmo Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Fri, Sep 25, 2015 - 1:01pm
-
Bentonville, AR

@NWV

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are regarding the Feasts of the Lord.

Fri, Sep 25, 2015 - 1:59pm J
NW VIEW

@Silver Sooner

There are better qualified people to give their views of the feasts. Jer. Jr. has posted loads of material on these and other subjects.

We have studied these events for decades, long before they became popular. Some of the books we viewed were "RoshHaShanah and the Messianic Kingdom to Come by Joseph Good (1989) and The Seven Festival of the Messiah by Edward Chumney (third printing 1999) and then there is the huge site by Gavin Finley:

https://endtimepilgrim.org/fallfeasts.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We wait and watch for the fulfillment of these last three feasts, however, our focus is and has been on being ready to stand before the Lord in that day, as He Himself is the Treasure that Lives Within and the Only Hope for mankind. Jim

Fri, Sep 25, 2015 - 2:09pm
-
Bentonville, AR

@NWV

Very cool. Thank you!

Fri, Sep 25, 2015 - 5:13pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

Nutshell

Meant to post this, this morning after I read it, but the day got away.... a gem imo, it's the Gospel in a nutshell, like someone once said; "If you can grasp this in your head.... you have it in a nutshell"

"Just, and the justifier of him which believeth."—Romans 3:26.

EING justified by faith, we have peace with God. Conscience accuses no longer. Judgment now decides for the sinner instead of against him. Memory looks back upon past sins, with deep sorrow for the sin, but yet with no dread of any penalty to come; for Christ has paid the debt of His people to the last jot and tittle, and received the divine receipt; and unless God can be so unjust as to demand double payment for one debt, no soul for whom Jesus died as a substitute can ever be cast into hell. It seems to be one of the very principles of our enlightened nature to believe that God is just; we feel that it must be so, and this gives us our terror at first; but is it not marvellous that this very same belief that God is just, becomes afterwards the pillar of our confidence and peace! If God be just, I, a sinner, alone and without a substitute, must be punished; but Jesus stands in my stead and is punished for me; and now, if God be just, I, a sinner, standing in Christ, can never be punished. God must change His nature before one soul, for whom Jesus was a substitute, can ever by any possibility suffer the lash of the law. Therefore, Jesus having taken the place of the believer—having rendered a full equivalent to divine wrath for all that His people ought to have suffered as the result of sin, the believer can shout with glorious triumph, "Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect?" Not God, for He hath justified; not Christ, for He hath died, "yea rather hath risen again." My hope lives not because I am not a sinner, but because I am a sinner for whom Christ died; my trust is not that I am holy, but that being unholy, He is my righteousness. My faith rests not upon what I am, or shall be, or feel, or know, but in what Christ is, in what He has done, and in what He is now doing for me. On the lion of justice the fair maid of hope rides like a queen.

https://www.spurgeon.org/morn_eve/this_morning.cgi

Sat, Sep 26, 2015 - 12:05am
NW VIEW

When the Stars begin to fall!

Sun, Sep 27, 2015 - 9:38am
NW VIEW

Sunday Morning and the Hajj Stampede!

hajj News:

1. Deadly hajj stampede: 700 killed in worst pilgrimage incident in decades

Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! NewsSep 24 06:50 AM

It was the second disaster during this year’s hajj season, and the deadliest hajj incident in more than two decades. Nearly two weeks ago, a crane collapse in Mecca left more than 100 people dead and nearly 400 injured. Thursday’s panic took place in Mina, a valley about three miles outside the holy city of Mecca, where hajj stampedes have historically taken place.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There are many ways to view the loss of life as the Muslims make their pilgrimage to Mecca. They can draw crowds of millions within their faith as can the pope. The venue in Mecca even allows the faithful to pick up a stone and throw it at Satan. We could have many thoughts and many views over the loss of life this month.

One could think: Well, they are a cult, filled with Satan, deceived, and are the porthole to hell itself. One could think that their god is blessing them with death so they can enter heaven. A view of the law of sewing and reaping, as they cause the deaths of millions around the world, would be a fair assumption. However, there is a different view:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Luke 13: 3-5:

I tell you. No; but unless you repent (change your mind for the better and heartily amend your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins), you will all likewise perish and be lost eternally.

Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them - do you think that they were more guilty offenders (debtors) than all the others who dwelt in Jerusalem?

I tell you, No; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish and be lost eternally.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Neither making a pilgrimage to Mecca, or standing in the crowd in Vatican City, will grant a man entry into His Kingdom. There are not any holy places, holy cities, holy waters, nor holy walks. The only place to find Holiness is to find where the Lord resides, even within, for those who have been called.

Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand. Without national repentance, a turning to Christ, we are finished and nothing will stop the tide of tribulation, even if we crawl on our knees to the White House. jmo Jim

Mon, Oct 5, 2015 - 11:34am
foggyroad

The Old Rugged Cross

https://www.poeticexpressions.co.uk/poems/Old%20Rugged%20Cross.htm

The Old Rugged Cross

On a hill far away stood all old rugged cross,

the emblem of suffering and shame;

and I love that old cross where die dearest and best

for a world of lost sinners was slain.

Chorus

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross

till my trophies at last I lay down;

I will cling to the old rugged cross

and exchange it some day for a crown.

0, the old rugged cross, so despised by the world,

has a wondrous attraction for me;

for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above

to bear it to dark Calvary.

In the old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,

a wondrous beauty I see;

for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died

to pardon and sanctify me.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true,

its shame and reproach gladly bear;

then he'll call me some day to my home far away,

when his glory for ever I'll share.

George Bennard 1873-1958

1 Corinthians 1:17-18

THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS

Intro: We are living in a day when the message of the church is changing. Churches, and even whole denominations, are moving away from the old message of salvation through the blood of Jesus, and are moving toward a message of salvation through social activism and good works. The old bloody message of the cross is quickly being replaced by a bloodless message that lacks power and that lacks hope. Instead of hearing the devastating, but life changing news that men are sinners, people hear a message that tells them, "I'm OK and you're OK!"

Well, I would like to take the same stand that the Apostle Paul took all those years ago. When he wrote to the church in Corinth, Paul reminded them that he had been called for one purpose and that purpose was to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That message was to be his focus and that message was to be his ministry.

Today, I would like to restate the old, old message. I would like to remind everyone in this building about what happened that day when the Lord Jesus died on the cross at Calvary. Because, it was that event, which took place at Calvary 2,000 years ago that altered the future for every person who places their faith in the One Who died there that day.

Please join me as we revisit the old, old story one more time. I would like to take you back to a little hill just outside the gates of the city of Jerusalem, where we will encounter an event that purchased and provided salvation for every person who receives that event as their very own. Let's return together to the cross of Calvary, and try to grasp The Message Of The Cross! As we do, please let the Lord speak to your heart and if you have never been saved, I invite you to come to Jesus today for salvation through His precious blood.

I. THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS

A. A Strange Message - (That there should be life out of death. Ill. The Jews were looking for a Messiah Who would throw off the Roman yoke and give them liberty from their captors. They totally missed the fact that their Messiah would be One Who would suffer for the sins of the people, Isa. 53:1-3.) (Note: The message of the bloody cross of Jesus is still a strange message to those who have never experienced its life changing power. To them it is "foolishness". This word comes from the same word from which we get our word "Moron". To the lost the idea of trusting a suffering, bleeding man for salvation is moronic! Ill. 1 Cor. 1:21-24!)

B. A Shocking Message - (A brutal, awful death was experienced there on that cross.)The death Christ died on the cross was one of absolute torture. You and I cannot even begin to imagine all the pain that Jesus was forced to endure for our sakes. Allow me to refresh your mind this morning about the terrible price Jesus paid for you as He suffered for sin that day.

1. Scourged - Matt. 27:26

2. Beaten - Luke 22:63-64

3. Spit upon - Matt. 27:30

4. Beard Plucked from His Face -Isa. 50:6

5. Mocked - Matt. 27:26-29

6. Stripped Naked - Matt. 27:35

7. Nailed to the Cross - Matt. 27:38; John 20:25 (Ill. The ancient Assyrians were the first to "crucify" their victims. However, they did not nail them to cross, they merely impaled them on sharpened stakes and left them to die a horrible death that often took several days. When the Romans came along, they streamlined the method and added the little touch of actually nailing their victims to the cross. This method of death usually took several days as well.)

8. These truths don't even begin to scratch the surface of Jesus suffered for you and me, Isa. 52:14. His was a bitter cup, but one that He drank of willingly so that we might be saved, Luke 22:41-42.

(Note: To hear the details of Christ's death on the cross is disturbing! But, it is a necessary truth that mist be proclaimed and must be heard before there can be salvation. Friend, there is only one way for you to get to God and that is by the way of the cross. There is no salvation apart from faith in the work of Jesus on Calvary!)

C. A Simple Message - (Ill. Not clouded by demands and details, but delivered in simplicity and clarity.) One of the problems with the modern church is that we have tried to attach too many conditions to salvation. However, the Bible is clear when it tells us that the way to be saved is for the sinner to accept by faith what the Bible teaches about Jesus and His atoning death on the cross, Rom. 10:9-10. This is what the preaching of the cross is all about! It is not about you quitting your sins! It is about you coming to Jesus by faith! It's not about turning over a new leaf, it's about placing your faith in Jesus and Him alone for salvation!

II. THE PURPOSE OF THE CROSS

A. About Making A Statement - Since way back in the Old Testament, the Lord has been telling me of His love for them, Deut. 7:7-8; Jer. 31:3. However, in Christ's death on the cross, God was able to declare boldly, for all to see, His boundless, matchless love for the lost of this world.(Rom. 5:6-8) The cross is God's statement of love to the world - John 15:13!

B. About Providing Salvation - The Bible, tells us that there is no other way to cleanse sin, but through the sacrifice of an innocent one in the stead of the guilty one, Heb. 9:22. This is seen all the way back in the beginning when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, Gen. 3:21. This same line of thought continues all the way through the days of the Tabernacle and the Temple. There, sin was atoned for by the blood of sheep, bulls and goats, but it was never taken away, Heb. 10:4; Heb. 10:10-11. However, the Lord Jesus went to the cross and died for the sins of humanity. When He did, His death on the cross forever settled the sin debt of man, Heb. 10:12-14; Heb. 9:24-28! It is clear yet? If not, then listen to these two precious passages of Scripture, Rev. 1:5; 1 Pet. 1:18-19. (Note: By the way, the word "saved" in this verse means, "to keep safe and sound, to rescue from all harm and danger; from destruction and from perishing!" Sounds to me like when a person comes to Jesus by faith and gets saved, it's a done deal! That person does not need to fear losing his salvation, John 10:28!)

C. About Defeating Satan - Ever since the Lucifer sinned and became the devil, he has been in the business of trying to hinder the work of God. He loves nothing better than keeping souls in bondage and seeing them condemned to Hell, Eph. 2:1-3. But, when Jesus went to the cross, I am of the opinion that the devil thought he had won the victory that day. I am sure he rejoiced when Jesus cried out, "It is finished!" But, what the devil did not know that day was that the Lord Jesus wasn't planning to stay dead! Maybe the devil should have listened closer and he would have understood that Jesus did not say, "I am finished!" He said "It is finished!" You see, when Jesus died on the cross, He did not die to stay dead, but He rose from the dead three days later and nailed old slew foot's coffin lid shut! The Bible tells us that the victory over the devil is found in the blood of the Lamb, Rev. 12:11. (Note: Satan is defeated! He may roar like a ferocious lion and he may try to keep you from God, 1 Pet. 5:8, but he has been defeated by the power of God and you do not have to remain his prisoner this morning! There is power in the blood of Jesus to set you free!)

This is Jesus' accomplishment at the Cross , His exquisite Victory.

Jesus life was not taken from Him, He gave freely all He had For You.

No one had the power to take His Life, He gave so that You would not have to.

Some have referred to "His failure at the Cross", lately what an utter falsehood.

His triumph echoes through time forever, every Man Woman and Child can hear the mighty Thunder of Jesus' words, "It is Finished".

Those two words are Yours, free for the asking, such is the Love of the Father!

Death, Hell and the Grave burst assunder, destroyed, defeated for all Eternity.

The Curse forever lifted, cast with Satan, and all minions into the Pit, the Abyss.

Darkness, wailing and gnashing of teeth, eternal torment and separation from Almighty God.

Woe to those foolish ones who think Hell exists not.

Praise Jesus, your Salvation, bless Him, call on His most precious name, and receive the Life Eternal.

Life in the loving arms of He who Loves You.

Praise the Lord, our Salvation.

Amen.

Belfast, If it be your will, The Webb Sisters, / Leonard Cohen.

If it be your will/ the Webb Sisters/ Leonard Cohen

III. THE POWER OF THE CROSS

(Ill. When the power of the cross is appropriated, three great and wonderful things take place. Notice what they are:)

A. Sin Dies - When a person places his/her faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, that person is forever changed! The chains of sin are broken, Rom. 6:14, and they are made into a new creature, 2 Cor. 5:17. Now, the new born believer does not have to live his life in bondage to sin, Rom. 6:6! (Ill. The blood has the power the change every life touched by it! There really is wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb!)

B. Hell Is Defeated - No blood washed, blood bought individual will ever experience the flames and fires of Hell! One of the most precious verses in the Bible pertaining to this subject is found in John 5:24. There, the Bible tells us that we will never come into condemnation! Romans 8:1 confirms this for us! Thank God, no child of God will ever have to go to Hell, Satan will not get his wish! That ought to cause us to rejoice this morning!

C. Heaven Is Delivered - The blood is the key that unlocks the gates of glory! When the blood is applied, the child of God becomes instantly destined for an eternity in Heaven with the Lord! That is His promise to every believer, John 14:1-3. And, there is only one way to get to that glorious place, John 3:3; 7.

Conc: When evangelist John Wesley was returning home from a service one night, he was robbed. The thief, however, found his victim to have only a little money and some Christian literature. As the bandit was leaving, Wesley called out, "Stop! I have something more to give you." The surprised robber paused. "My friend," said Wesley, "you may live to regret this sort of life. If you ever do, here's something to remember: 'The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin!'" The thief hurried away, and Wesley prayed that his words might bear fruit. Years later, Wesley was greeting people after a Sunday service when he was approached by a stranger. What a surprise to learn that this visitor, now a believer in Christ as a successful businessman, was the one who had robbed him years before! "I owe it all to you," said the transformed man. "Oh no, my friend," Wesley exclaimed, "not to me, but to the precious blood of Christ that cleanses us from all sin!"

Has the blood been applied to your life? Is your name written down in Heaven? Is your faith in Jesus and in Him alone?

https://www.sermonnotebook.org/new%20testament/1%20Corinthians%201_17-18...

Casting Crowns Blessed Redeemer

Casting Crowns Blessed Redeemer

Sun, Oct 11, 2015 - 10:17pm
Dr. P. Metals

Psalm 4

“Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer. O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach? How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? Selah. But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; The LORD hears when I call to Him. Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in the LORD. Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?" Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD! You have put gladness in my heart, More than when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭4:1-8‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Mon, Oct 12, 2015 - 3:43am Dr. P. Metals
Spartacus Rex

@ Dr. P...

Cheers,

S. Rex

P.S. Anyone know what happened w/ Silver Sooner?

I was genuinely looking forward to the further "expounding" upon of that point made last month.

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/644381#comment-644381

Wed, Oct 14, 2015 - 2:52pm
-
Bentonville, AR

@Spartacus Rex

I'm still here. I've just been busy and after the rapture discussions, didn't think there was much interest in the Doctrines of Election. I also felt like I rocked the ToF boat and was just chilling out for a while.

Thu, Oct 15, 2015 - 2:47am J
Spartacus Rex

@ Silver Sooner

Silver Sooner wrote:

I'm still here. I've just been busy and after the rapture discussions, didn't think there was much interest in the Doctrines of Election. I also felt like I rocked the ToF boat and was just chilling out for a while.

I am gladdened by such.

I will say, that this particular subject & forum is one of my favorites @ TFMR, and therefore I deliberately try to tread lightly herein, with kid gloves.

However, your post @ #524 was like Oxygen / A Breath of Fresh Air to This One, finding myself in harmony and agreement w/same, (well almost anyhow, since we tended to be tad more precise when using “F” words, thus use “Fighting Holes” rather than “foxholes” and the numerical “Zero (0) Dark” vs an alphabetical “Oh (O) Dark” when it comes to Time references. ) and thus found same quite refreshing.

Thus I felt an immediate affinity/ spiritual kinship, as you expressed not only the recognition of a “personal relationship with our Saviour ” and the prophets who cannot and do not pass the smell test, and the frustration felt of having to "take the religious stuff to the forums" as well as demonstrating your personal willingness to openly reflect and share your individual insights without fear of resistance which might be brought forward by those which might find displeasure performing any introspection or reflection whatsoever.

Nevertheless, lest we offend and/or upset the sensitivities of any in ToF who simply cannot stomach any waves of scrutiny herein, may I ask that we simply take such to a new forum whereby at least we may walk further on this particular path together.

I will set it up and call it “Rocking In The Boat of Faith” for the sake of those who otherwise choose not to be lulled asleep.

Cheers,

S. Rex

Thu, Oct 15, 2015 - 8:51pm
NW VIEW

Jude 1:3

3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

________________________________________________________________________________

Contend for the Faith which was once delivered? Even in the early Church, misguided people had entered the local house Church and Jude reminded the Saints to contend for the original Faith that was delivered unto them. The restoration of this "Faith" is the Light and Pathway for our paths, even today. Jim

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 3:18am NW VIEW
Spartacus Rex

St. Paul - Romans 12:2

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Anyone doubt that the World today would indeed be far better off, if we indeed simply adhered to that simple Observation and Truth?

Cheers,

S.Rex

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 3:55am
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Truth.

I have had some one on one with the author about truth and it might go beyond what we picture it as, to the point of revelation. When God talks about truth we need to shift into his heavenly veiwpoint.

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 4:20am Wy So Lo
Spartacus Rex

@ WSL...

Wy So Lo wrote:

I have had some one on one with the author about truth and it might go beyond what we picture it as, to the point of revelation. When God talks about truth we need to shift into his heavenly veiwpoint.

Speaking merely from over 4 decades of personal experience, have you remotely ever considered the following(?) :

"When the solution is simple, God is answering." Albert Einstein

Cheers,

S. Rex

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 4:54am Spartacus Rex
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

Yes i have S R

And i have lived a lot of my life grounded in the simple faith. I have however also read We see through the glass darkly but shall be changed from glory to glory into the same image as Christ. He was given wisdom without limit and some of the wonderful people at this site probe the depths of wisdom shows me that maybe we can aspire to a higher and higher revelation. That last sentence is a new level of poor grammar for myself and as such i rejoice.

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 4:58am Wy So Lo
Spartacus Rex

@ WSL...

Wy So Lo wrote:

And i have lived a lot of my life grounded in the simple faith. I have however also read We see through the glass darkly but shall be changed from glory to glory into the same image as Christ. He was given wisdom without limit and some of the wonderful people at this site probe the depths of wisdom shows me that maybe we can aspire to a higher and higher revelation. That last sentence is a new level of poor grammar for myself and as such i rejoice.

Ergo,

You Get It!

Cheers,

S. Rex

Fri, Oct 16, 2015 - 5:40am Spartacus Rex
Wy So Lo
-
OZ SA
Australia

HEY S R

you insomniac ?

randomness