THREAD OF FAITH -

2162 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Sep 11, 2015 - 9:55pm (Reply to #510)
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Dear Pug ...

Pug Nuggets wrote:

Missing Note Worthy Dale.

Sometimes we fail to realize that one little sentence may contain in it the power to make a big difference in another person's life.

When I first read your one little sentence, I had to gasp. Then, I blushed. Then, I believed I had heard the voice of a Good Shepherd. I could not make out the words, but I knew the voice ...and now I believe, better than before, that Jesus will not lose a single one of those whom the Father has given Him.

Thanks, PN, for the encouragement ...and Thanks for taking the time to 'post'.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 1:43am
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

"Poor Kit Smart", ...

....as he has often been called, was one of the remarkable geniuses of English poetry. Among one thousand pages of writing, he has left behind not less than five university (Cambridge) prize poems, numerous accomplished examples of high style occasional verse, the librettos for two oratorios (Hannah, 1764, and Abimelech, 1768), and an undoubted triumph of religious verse, The Song to David (1763). Robert Browning and Dante Gabriel Rosetti, among others, have with justice called this last poem one of the masterpieces of the English language. Yet Smart was committed on dubious grounds to a mental hospital in 1759, and almost all of his own contemporaries shrank from even his memory in embarrassment; it was as though the sea had swallowed him up."

(This is the opening paragraph in the chapter entitled "Christopher Smart: 1722-1771" from Editor David Lyle Jeffrey's "A Burning and a Shining Light: English Spirituality in the Age of Wesley". The Publisher is Wm. B. Eerdmanns Pub. Co.)

Near the end of the chapter, we read this:

" .... The volume (Hymns for the Amusement of Children) went through three editions in five years, but before the first appeared in 1770, Smart was already in debtors' prison; in fact, some of the lines about praying for enemies almost certainly related to his torments there. He penned a note not long before his death to a Rev. Jackson, who seems to have been among the Methodist preachers working in London's prisons and asylums. It offers a terse witness to his helplessness and distrtess:

'Being upon the recovery from a fit of illness, and having nothing to eat, I beg you to lend me two or three shillings, which (God willing) I will return, with many thanks, in two or three days.'

Always lucid to this point, he now began to deteriorate, and on May 20, 1771, died of starvation and fever.

Among all the evidences of grace abounding in this great period, none seems more convincing now, perhaps, than the poetry of Christopher Smart. A persistent note of humility, gratitude, and adoration of God characterizes everything Smart produced through all those terrible years. Destitute, hungry, deprived of family, unable to ward off the wolves of debt no matter how late he burned the midnight oil or how prodigious his literary output, he sang always the new song of a redeemed soul, even from behind bars. What more eloquent witness to the transforming power of God's spirit could a poet provide, who from the misery of an insane asylum wrote these words:

... Beautous the moon full on the lawn; And beauteous, when the veil's withdrawn, The virgin to her spouse: Beauteous the temple deck'd and fill'd, When to the heav'n of heav'ns they build Their heart-directed vows ... Precious the penitential tear; And precious is the sigh sincere, Acceptable to God: And precious are the winning flow'rs, In gladsome Israel's feast of bow'rs, Bound on the hallow'd sod. More precious that diviner part Of David, ev'n the Lord's own heart, Great, beautiful, and new: In all things where it was intent, In all extreams, in each event, Proof--answ'ring true to true. Glorious the sun in mid career; Glorious th' assembled fires appear; Glorious the comet's train: Glorious the trumpet and alarm; Glorious th' almighty stretch'd-out arm; Glorious the enraptur's main: Glorious the northern lights astream; Glorious the song, when God's the theme; Glorious the thunder's roar: Glorious hosanna from the den; Glorious the catholic amen; Glorious the martyr's gore: Glorious--more glorious is the crown Of Him that brought salvation down By meekness, called thy Son; Thou at stupendous truth believ'd, And now the matchless deed's achiev'd, DETERMINED, DARED, and DONE. ************************************* Note: I had this 'post' completed once, but lost it somewhere between Preview and Edit. Sooo...I'm just going to hit 'Save' this time and hope for an aesthetically pleasing result. Fingers crossed ... Go!
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 2:38am
-
Bentonville, AR

Pardon this rant

It's 9:00 am here in Moscow and I have a little time before we head out for more sightseeing. But there's something I really have to get off my chest. (And forgive me in advance for typos as I'm writing this on my cell). There is an old military saying that there are no atheists in foxholes. I find it beyond frustrating that folks who know something isn't right in the world and that who agree that the world is on the doorstep of incredible upheaval won't listen to the Biblical implications of what is happening. What I'm talking about specifically is the "take the religious stuff to the forums" comments that seem more and more prevalent here. Yes, I know that "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine". And that's probably all I need to know to have peace. The problem is, that I don't have peace about it--in fact, it bothers me a lot. Main street here is full of talk about preparing for what comes next for this world. But I find that no one there wants to talk REAL FOOLPROOF preparation that comes with a personal relationship with our saviour. Gold, silver, bullets, beans are all well and good but they can't last forever and can only do so much. Yet, having your debt paid and possessing a ticket back home is the only preparation we can have 100% confidence in. In fact, I think it's part of God's way of reminding us that we are totally reliant on Him for everything. We can't discuss these things on main street, nor can we talk about the eschatological and prophetic implications of world events. Yet, we get so called prophets who are featured who don't pass the Biblical tests for credibility. It's just that I'm tired. And stressed. And there is going to be a time soon when folks have their foxhole moment and those of us who have been blessed (by Him) with discernment unto sound doctrine aren't going to be here to explain and teach anything. Anyway, just had to vent a little.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 3:55am (Reply to #524)
Spartacus Rex

God, Grub, Gold, Guns.

and in that order.

You nailed it exactly Silver Sooner, when you pointed out such indeed being a “personal relationship” with the Saviour, as no one else can walk that walk for you, me or anyone else, and it must be made by the Free Will Choice our Creator has given to everyone of us. Therefore there will be no excuses whatsoever when we indeed stand before Same come our own Judgment Day.

Thus, while there are many “believers”, few there of, are indeed actually saved.

Were not all of the Old Covenant sheople “believers” as well?

And yet, not saved.

Ergo the truly “narrow gate” which leads to Eternal Life, whereas “wide is the gate and broad is the way which leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.” Matthew 7:13-14

Pretty much sums up the present picture of this Age's Status Quo and Hypocrites, doesn't it?

Matthew 15:8-9

Matthew 7:21-23

Again, Free Will Choice, and the Walk must be personally Walked, that One indeed learns thereby, Faith.

Cheers,

S. Rex

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 7:38am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Silver Sooner

I don’t think we have talked before but great post and admonition to be about what we really all are called to do, personally or on a screen, and I agree with you.

I’ve been posting here for quite a while now and respect Craig’s rules, he asked me (us) to take non-metals discussions to the forums. We have.

In fact, I believe DOTS was shut down recently for that very reason you mentioned, (not the petty bickering.) Someone once said: “One of the best reasons for becoming a Christian is observing another Christian, likewise, the best reason for not becoming a Christian, is observing other Christians……”

Sad, but ……. So true…… we are all works in progress.

I think that I and others have gotten blunt with people here on the real issue of life, we have…. (Does one know the Son, and more importantly does He know you).

If you get a chance go visit the ‘Old Zionism’ folder under active topics, ‘Conspiracy Theories’ I spent a few years there trying to explain what is in front of us along with sharing the Gospel of Grace with the skeptics and antagonists.

SS we are close, we are so close, we are, we all think life is linear, that tomorrow will be like today, the Bible tells us that at some time, we will reach an Omega point in which the Lord says….

‘Time is up”.

This 9/23 date has dramatic implications this year. IX XI…….. 9-11 when you combine the Gentile and Jewish calendars. The window for fulfillment imho, runs from Atonement this month 9/23…………to 9/23 on the Jewish calendar which is December 5th. 9/24 is the date spoken of in Haggai….. and a possible major war, we are just not given a year, just the date.

If this is the year... that is the window.... imho.

“For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. “ I Thess 5:3

“It's just that I'm tired. And stressed. And there is going to be a time soon when folks have their foxhole moment and those of us who have been blessed (by Him) with discernment unto sound doctrine aren't going to be here to explain and teach anything.”

So true… “Work while it yet daytime for the night cometh, when no man can work......”. No?

Anyway, thanks for joining us here. Good to have you at the table.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 8:01am
I Run Bartertown

Dale / Rex / Silver Sooner

Dale -

May the haze and the fog be burned away, as the darkness is chased away, by each new glorious dawn given to us.

Rex - I'd put the guns before the gold (and, in fact, have - as my gold is in specks and my guns are more than I could carry out of here). Security first, prosperity second. .

Silver Sooner - "Yes, I know that "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine". And that's probably all I need to know to have peace. The problem is, that I don't have peace about it--in fact, it bothers me a lot."

Thanks for posting. I don't have an answer, but maybe just be grateful that being bothered by it comes easily to you. I still struggle to reach that point. There are so many people that don't even have a place in my vision of 'a good day', I struggle to see them in a heaven that is simultaneously my heaven. So many tired conversations that a continuance of would not feel 'heavenly'. One example among so many - I wouldn't want to get there and feel compelled to ask Catholics and Lutherans why they facilitated invasions against their people and created so much new strife by scattering old strife. Then there's the petty and childish second-guessing of God and his works. It's well enough here, I suppose, but if upon crossing the gates, I realize I'm in for an eternity of hearing the same, I'll punch someone in the ear and get booted myself .

I can't really fathom how anything I would consider Heaven, would be Heaven to many others, even in many cases people I consider very good people, let alone the rest. On the prophecy side (my apologies as I still get a bit of 'cartoonish' feel discussing such), it would seem that Lucifer, having only 1/3 of the angels, would require the majority of the humans to make the struggle even noteworthy. So, theoretically, his people will be neck-deep in the gore and the Lord's people will pretty much irrelevant at that point, as the Lord has plenty more powerful fighters than us. But I know my understanding of such things lacks depth, and my mild interest lacks any urgency.

Really, my faith is more rooted in gratitude than hope, and I tend not to put much thought into either Heaven or prophecy.

If death was final, and nothing more than burial and decomposition, I'd sing the praise of Jesus for TODAY, and those he has brought together to share in it.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 9:25am
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 9:35am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ NW - Post 520

Great video….. Sounded like Dave Wilkerson? No?

Powerful stuff…….

The latter day Babylon has risen…. It is here.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 9:38am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Siver Scooner

Listen to Jim's video post 520.... same message. No?

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 9:48am (Reply to #529)
NW VIEW

@ JER. JR.

IT DID SOUND LIKE DAVID. The systems could gain much if they would listen to his old messages and repent. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 10:07am
I Run Bartertown

update

me - I have jury duty next month. I do have a small reservation about breaking out Corinthians on them, though. In Baltimore, crime, religion, and politics are three legs of the same stool. I'd sort of be kicking out two of them at the same time with any implication of them running heathen courts.

I used the term heathen courts, but upon seeing the walls of portraits of 'our' judges over the decades, the term Sanhedrin is more specific. Looked like a Tel Aviv portrait gallery.

I only had to stand and say my number (mark?) when they asked about religious objections, didn't need to offer verse. I was the only one in a room of 150 or more. But even if I hadn't, the next question would have sufficed. 'You see that the defendants are african-american, would that in any way influence your judgment about the likelihood of their innocence or guilt?' which I heard as 'do you have even a rudimentary grasp of statistics and proportion?' And, again, I was the only one to stand. Some funny looks there, but the humongous African gentleman I was sitting next to and chatting with smiled and nodded. But that too was unnecessary, because the next question was 'many witnesses will be called by the State, will that effect your ability to believe their testimony?' I was no longer alone, dozens stood with me. My favorite part was when they 'paid' me just over half of what they charged me for parking.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 10:20am (Reply to #532)
NW VIEW

@ IRB

As you know, I had my turn a jury duty last week. I did fill out the original notice form and told them of my position. They did want 'more information" and I gave it, including 1Cor: 5: 12-13. Well, my number was never called in. I had planned to say, if selected, my view of judgment along with: "If you place me upon this jury, I guarantee that you will have a hung jury in the end".

I must say again, "Things are truly backwards for the blinded believers. They will refuse to enter into biblical judgment within the steeple houses but will enter into judgment of the unsaved in the courts of the world". It is just amazing as the believers are the ones who will stand up among IRB's 150 and rebuke him and anyone else for their stand in Christ. Jim

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 12:54pm
Maryann
-
TX

Silver Sooner

I have had you and your family in my prayers....that you may be beacons of Light during your travels.

Glad you posted here. Though we do not know the exact time, I too feel that urgency. But we also don't always help ourselves. Sometimes I understand fellow Christians (or those who profess to be) less than I do nonbelievers. We who have been made new are to be a sweet aroma....and

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29.

I think sometimes when we are not listened to on MS it is our own fault as we have behaved unbecomingly. I pray that God uses us for His purposes in spite of our selves. It is hard enough trying to persuade others due to the other side's attacks but when we shoot ourselves, well,....I pray for mercy.

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 6:46pm
south west medicine
-
CA

recent posts-all

I find the recent posts interesting and helpful, even encouraging. Thank you for your contribution.

SWM

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 7:50pm
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Someone Needs to Say It ...

The over-emphasis of/on "Free Will Choice" is (imo) one of the most pernicious, destructive, and confusing 'doctrines' that have ever been allowed to enter .. and to take up residence .. in the world of Christian thought. Whenever I hear it, I grate my teeth.

www.reformationtheology.com/2005/11/the_jesus_syllogism.php

I would encourage All to read the article. It is an exposition of the first verse that comes to my mind whenever I hear those awful words.

We do well when our view of men and Scripture coincides with that of The Author and Finisher of our faith. I would hope to arrive at 'the pearly gates' with more in my back pocket than .. "I, by my own hand, made the right choice."!

Whatever heaven is, it is not the place for a boast.

Maryann: Your last post was poignant, inciteful, and sweetly agreeable to my way of thinking. I have enjoyed seeing you 'posting' more.

SilverSooner: "Be still, and know that I am God."

IRB: You make me chuckle more than any other!

Rex and Jj: Not trying to stir up any dissension here. Hoping merely to be a counter-balance, as I couldn't escape the grip of He who had my name written on His hand before the worlds were. Plus ... The itch (as far as I'm concerned) has been scratched, and I am glad to be free of the 'burden'.

NW VIEW: May your trip to Georgia be fraught with Joy, Surprise, and Fruitfulness!

SWM: I pray that your health is continuing to improve. If you're still 'blogging', would you please provide the 'link' once again?

Foggy: I hope the day is not far off when we will enjoy your company once again. We are saving a 'Vacant Chair' for you @ Table. No other can sit in it.

2nd South Carolina String Band - The Vacant Chair

"The Vacant Chair" 2nd South Carolina String Band

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 8:53pm
I Run Bartertown

Dale

Dale, thank you for that article. It does align more with my experience

"He says, no one will believe in Me unless God grants it, and ALL to whom God grants it will believe. Jesus, using a syllogism, is making sure that no one thinks that anything apart from grace is what saves them. That even the very desire for faith that we have is a gift of God. This is profoundly important because it creates the inescapable conclusion that the quickening grace of God is invincible. ... trusting Christ is the immediate result ot the new birth, not the cause of it"

Something did come to mind that is somehow related. It doesn't 'support' your point (grace) or FWC, really. But touches on the idea our role in speaking up from a different perspective:

Ten Shekels And A Shirt by Paris Reidhead (FULL SERMON)

30:16

https://www.parisreidheadbibleteachingministries.org/pdf/Ten_Shekels.pdf

"NOW I ASK YOU WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF MISSIONS? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF EVANGELISM? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF A CHRISTIAN?

If you'll ask me why I went to Africa, I'll tell you I went primarily to improve on the justice of God. I didn't think it was right for anybody to go to Hell without a chance to be saved. So I went to give poor sinners a chance to go to heaven. Now I hadn't put it in so many words, but if you'll analyze what I just told you do you know what it is? Humanism. That I was simply using the provisions of Jesus Christ as a means to improve upon human conditions of suffering and misery. And when I went to Africa, I discovered that they weren't poor, ignorant, little heathen running around in the woods looking for someone to tell them how to go to heaven. That they were MONSTERS OF INIQUITY!!! THEY WERE LIVING IN UTTER AND TOTAL DEFIANCE OF FAR MORE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD THEN I EVER DREAMED THEY HAD!

They deserved Hell! Because they utterly refused to walk in the light of their conscience , and the light of the law written upon their heart, and the testimony of nature, and the truth they knew! And when I found that out I assure you I was so angry with God that on one occasion in prayer I told Him it was a mighty ...... little thing He'd done, sending me out there to reach these people that were waiting to be told how to go to heaven. When I got there I found out they knew about heaven, and didn't want to go there, and that they loved their sin and wanted to stay in it.

I went out there motivated by humanism. I'd seen pictures of lepers, I'd seen pictures of ulcers, I'd seen pictures of native funerals, and I didn't want my fellow human beings to suffer in Hell eternally after such a miserable existence on earth. But it was there in Africa that God began to tear THROUGH THE OVERLAY OF THIS HUMANISM!

... "I DIDN'T SEND YOU OUT THERE FOR THEM!!! I didn't send you out there for their sakes. I SENT YOU OUT THERE FOR ME!."

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 - 10:19pm
NW VIEW

SUNDAY MORNING MESSAGE TO THE ASSEMBLY (see #518)

My good friend Danny and I discussed what would happen if I went to his steeple house tomorrow morning with him. It would be interesting to see what would happen while standing up in the pews, and speaking out. I usually am not invited back after speaking up front. So here is my attempt to speak tomorrow with Danny's assembly:

First Peter 4:17 says "For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God"?

Corruption has been allowed to enter through every open door and stained glass window. Where were the grey haired elders who should have confronted every evil bird of prey? I see that some of the grey haired men have been reduced to ushers and bus drivers. Why have you departed from the directions given to the early Church by the Lord Jesus and Paul? Why have you forsaken your gifts and new birth rights, was it for less than a bowl of stew? You have hired a false clergy, sidelined the elders, trampled the gifts of the Spirit given to the Church and closed off the working of the Spirit through the men of the Church.

The Lord has sent many prophets over the last 2000 years and most were killed by your false divisions and the rest were thrown out of your buildings. Your house is left to you as desolate!

The end is approaching, many are looking for a great escape and most had better hope it is delayed. Do we think we can gather on Sundays, all divided as spectators, neutralized by a laity mind set (all those who are not part of the clergy) and sit on a dead pew? It is written, "To Him Who loved us and has freed us from our sins, by the Blood, and has made us to be a Kingdom and priests to serve His God and Father, to Him be glory and power for ever and ever, Amen".

Today, while it is still day, it is time to repent of hiding our priesthood over these last 1700 years. It is a priesthood of all believers, all of you. Repent of making a special class of clergy that was in the O.T./ pre-Cross era. IT IS OVER,IT IS FINISHED, LEAVE THE JEWISH TEMPLE AND CLING TO THE WORK OF THE CROSS, THE COMPLETED WORK!

Did we think a man became anointed because he attended a divided bible college? Instead of the Church dealing with the Ananias/Sapphira rebellion and the spirit of Jezebel, they now run most of the divided systems. Yes, when judgment begins in His House, which is His people, not a building, it will be an awful event.

Danny and I were then escorted to the front door and asked to never return as pastor Judy was taking an offering for her new car. Jim

(I'll be back in the steeple house meeting next Sunday with Danny)

Sun, Sep 13, 2015 - 12:50am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ IRB _....... jury duty

Like Jim say’s…… story time…..

I was called to jury duty a few years ago, a serious sexual defilement case of a young girl. The prosecutor asked me a question during jury selection screening and after I answered it, he said….. ‘Do I know you from somewhere’?

I said “I don’t think so, yet you do look familiar” ….. “Yet I insisted……. No, I don’t know you’.

Eventually he came around to me again and he asked another question, and then asked me again

Are you sure we don’t know each other”???

At this point the Judge got upset and jumped in and asked me ……. #46… “Do you know the prosecutor of not”??’……….. “This is serious……… this is ground s for dismissal if you do”

It was then that the county prosecutor finally recognized me and asked me ….”Do you happen to work out at Bally’s Health club”??

I said ‘yes, I do’… Why’??

He said then laughed and said …….. “OK Judge”… “That’s is where we know each other, we have seen each other naked in the shower but that is as far as it goes.” ………The court room all laughed hysterically.

Eventually I was dismissed as a potential juror, I later asked the county prosecutor (Fred) why that was, he said is because I answered all the questions posed to me intelligently, he said they (the defending attorneys) are looking for people with no principles, no standard of what is right and wrong, they look for people who they can manipulate…….. it was an interesting lesson for me.

IRB - if you want to be excused quickly from jury duty just ask them which jurisdiction the case is being adjudicated under…. ‘Common law’ or a ‘Maritime Jurisdiction’ as your rights, as a juror, differ under the different jurisdictions. But then be ready to be tossed……. Or explain yourself.

Or you can sit, and be heard…….

Either way sitting on a jury is an interesting experience. It is ones Civic duty- a ‘worldy duty’ No?

If we are not the salt and light… who will be???????

jmo

BTW- “Rex and Jj: Not trying to stir up any dissension here. Hoping merely to be a counter-balance, as I couldn't escape the grip of He who had my name written on His hand before the worlds were. “

Brother Dale… you will get no argument from me, I believe in predestination, no worries here, yet it is above Jj’s pay grade to explain it logically.

Sun, Sep 13, 2015 - 7:00am (Reply to #527)
Spartacus Rex

I. R. Bartertown / JustDale / JJ

I Run Bartertown wrote:

Dale -

May the haze and the fog be burned away, as the darkness is chased away, by each new glorious dawn given to us.

Rex - I'd put the guns before the gold (and, in fact, have - as my gold is in specks and my guns are more than I could carry out of here). Security first, prosperity second. ....

Well IB Bartertown, I reckon my take on the sequence is due to fact is that I am extremely 'old school', to the point where some tend to suspect that it even predates chalkboards, when only charcoal and cave walls were available.

That, plus my own personal firearms collection was started, from money (eg Gold) out of my own earnings and pocket.

So I figure that after first giving my loyalty and thanks to my Creator (God) for my daily bread (Grub) the best vehicle which I learned to keep whatever I earned above same, was in “Honest Weights & Measures”

(Leviticus 19:36; Deuteronomy 25:15-16; Proverbs 20:10;23)

Hard, Honest, Lawful Money, ie Coin (Gold) as without such, how does an honest man suppose he can make and build any kind of life in this world which would thus please his Creator, and thereby Honor his Father and Mother, and hope to start his own family, free and clear of any debt which would subordinate himself to the Lender and thus not solely to the LORD?

No man can serve two masters.

Thus when one has built up sufficient capital to start any kind of life and family, it is only commonsense to acquire and have the tools (Guns) and proficiency, to exercise One's God-given Right to defend these against any and all who would covet such and/or cause harm to same.

However, I fully get the fact that we are all at different milestones along the Walk of Life.

Personally, I outgrew my 'short pants' back in the 40's, thus was born at a time when the Depression was still fresh in the minds of most and therefore was reared not to take anything for granted, waste same, or otherwise shirk One's Moral and Civic Duties and Responsibilities, which included keeping One's trousers buttoned until Marriage.

I was blessed to eventually make it back to the 'real world' in '71,

and frankly was speechless to the point of WTH is this Bull Shot? (Sorry, pardon me ladies, that should be read as 'Bull Sh*t'?)

@ JustDale

You hang in there little Brother and just remember, for every step you take towards the LORD, He'll take One Hundred towards you, and realize that there is indeed a purpose and serious reason behind how and through whom the LORD works in this Life/ World, and there are indeed unpleasant tasks which the Poet and Placaters are not cut out to fulfill, of which there is not an abundance of volunteers for same, as most wouldn't desire, much less choose to rock the "P.C." boat, or the Status Quo and their sycophants wherever they might appear.

So sit up straight, take notice and learn. Perhaps Proverbs 13:20?

It's easy to spot the the latter, but only after and when One has indeed done their homework.

Therefore grasp Proverbs 4:7 as well

Do not let yourself be led astray by those whom you might perceive to be your friend, or otherwise as an “enlightened” teacher, for they are but ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing.

And should you not know who I am talking about, here's your clue:

“3) I have a very high regard for your knowledge of the Scriptures. This I know experientially ..having read your writings ..”

and therefore reconsider Such in the light of

Matthew 12: 32

&

A Tree Known by Its Fruit

Matthew 12:33-37

@ JJ Re: “predestination

And yet there is still a CONTEXT thereof.

Otherwise “repentanceand forgiveness would have absolutely no impact upon same, Correct?

Indeed, the choices One makes will undoubtedly, and eventually lead to a “predetermined” outcome foreseen by Our Creator. Nevertheless there is an 'escape hatch' available to those who truly repent, and turn to Our Saviour for Saving Grace.

Cheers & Blessings to all herein.

S. Rex

Sun, Sep 13, 2015 - 12:23pm
-
Bentonville, AR

Thank you everyone

With only a swipe keyboard at hand, I can't give everyone a personal thank you right now, but will later in the week when we're back in the US. Predestination (aka election of grace, doctrine of grace, etc). I love this topic and its one I've studied a lot (and continually revisit lest I have understood in error). I can try to explain it if you all are interested--but slow me to get back to a real keyboard please. For me, the doctrine (or teaching) of election is one of the most beautiful things in the Bible, theology and divinity. It's also one of the most controversial, as it hits our pride. It's important, because it gives Him 100% of the credit and glory for our salvation. But until I get back, think about these things: who does the choosing in an adoption? The babe or the parent? Can a slave choose to be set free? Does a sheep choose his shepherd? Does the clay tell the potter what to shape it into? So, if you'll bear with me in my folly, I'll expound more later in the week. Search the scriptures and test it...if it's good, hold onto it.