1191 posts / 0 new
Last post
NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Hat Tips: 12944
THE PILGRIM CHURCH

DARBY SAID:

[His Theory of The "Church in Ruin"]

"According to scripture the whole sum of the churches here on earth compose the Church, at least the Church on earth; and the Church in any given place was no other than the regular association together of whatever formed part of the entire body of the Church, that is to say, of the complete body of Christ here on earth; and he who was not a member of the Church in the place in which he dwelt, was no member of Christ's Church at all...." "The Church is in a state of ruin ... If the professing body is not in this state of ruin, then I ask our dissenting brethren, Why have you left it? If it be, then confess this ruin--this apostasy--this departure from its primitive standing...."

"How, then, will the Spirit work? What will be the acting of such an one's faith? To acknowledge the ruin; to have it present to his conscience, and to be humbled in consequence. And shall we, who are guilty of this state of things, pretend we have only to set about and remedy it? No; the attempt would but prove that we are not humbled thereby. Let us rather search in all humility what God says to us in His word of such a condition of things; and let us not, like foolish children who have broken a precious vase, attempt to join together its broken fragments, and to set it up in hopes to hide the damage from the notice of others."

"I press this argument on those who are endeavouring to organize churches. If real churches exist, such persons are not called on to make them. If, as they say, they did exist at the beginning but have ceased to exist, in that case the dispensation is in ruins, and in a condition of entire departure from its original standing. They are undertaking in consequence thereof to set it up again. This attempt is what they have to justify; otherwise the attempt is without anything to warrant it.... To go about remaking the Church and the churches on the footing on which they stood at first is to acknowledge the fact of existing failure without submitting ourselves to the witness of God, as to His purposes with reference to such a state of ruin....

"The question before us is not whether such churches existed at the period when the word of God was written; but whether, after they have, by reason of man's sin, ceased to exist, and believers have been scattered, those who have undertaken the apostolic office of re-establishing them on their original footing, and in so doing, to set up again the entire dispensation, have really apprehended the Divine will, and are endued with power to accomplish the task they have taken upon themselves.... I am enquiring what the word and the Spirit say of the state of the fallen Church, instead of arrogating to myself a competency to realize that which the Spirit has spoken of the first condition of the Church."

"What I complain of is, that the thoughts of men have been followed, and that which the Spirit has recorded as having existed in the primitive Church has been imitated, instead of searching for what the word and the Spirit have declared concerning our present condition.... Obedience, and not imitation of the Apostles, is our duty in such circumstances.... When we are told that all the directions for the churches are for all times and places, I venture to ask if they are for times and places in which churches do not exist? and we are brought back to the enquiry--If the dispensation is in ruins who is to make churches?..."

"If I am asked what the children of God have to do in the present circumstances of the Church, my answer is very simple. They ought to meet in the unity of the body of Christ outside the world.... As regards details, take heed to the promise of the Lord 'Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them' (Matt. 18. 20). That is what the heart needs that loves God and is tired of the world. Reckon upon that promise of the Lord, you, children of God, disciples of Jesus. If two or three of you meet together in His Name He will be there. It is there that God has put His Name, as of old in His temple at Jerusalem. You need nothing else but to meet together thus in faith. God is in your midst; you will see His glory.... Remember also, that when the disciples came together, it was to break bread.... If God sends us or raises up among us some one who can feed our souls, let us receive him with joy and thankfulness from God, according to the gift that has been vouchsafed to him.... Never make any regulations; the Holy Spirit will guide you.... As to discipline, remember that cutting off is the extreme resource.... To preserve the holiness of the Lord's table is a positive duty.... We owe it to Christ Himself. Cases may present themselves, where we repel with fear the manifestation of sin (Jude 23); but, on the other hand, beware of a judicial spirit, as of fire in your house ...! 'Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them'. If the whole corporate system has come to naught, I get back to certain unchangeable blessed principles from which all is derived. The very thing from which all springs, to which Christ has attached, not only His name, but His discipline--the power of binding and loosing--is the gathering together of the 'two' or 'three'".

As to leaving an assembly, or setting up, as it is called, another table, Darby writes:

"I am not so afraid of it as some other brethren, but I must explain my reasons. If such or such a meeting were the Church here, leaving it would be severing oneself from the assembly of God. But though wherever two or three are gathered together in Christ's name He is in the midst, and the blessing and responsibility of the Church is, in a certain sense also, if any Christians now set up to be the Church, or did any formal act which pretended to it, I should leave them, as being a false pretension, and denying the very testimony to the state or ruin which God has called us to render. It would have ceased to be the table of the people and testimony Of God at least intelligently.... But, then, on the other hand united testimony to the truth is the greatest possible blessing from on high. And I think that if anyone, through the flesh separated from two or three walking godlily before God in the unity of the whole body of Christ, it would not merely be an act of schism, but he would necessarily deprive himself of the blessing of God's presence."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is much to ponder herein.  jmo

NW VIEW

silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 13498
update from the great white north

as I walk the narrow road.

Thought I would share good news with the group. I say that because I have observed (not here) but many people only share with the big guy when things are bad and that has never made sense to me. I have children and it brings me great joy when they share their success with me. I imagine it is the same with God

I had an opportunity to minister to a life long friend today. He lives 3000 miles away and we speak regularily by phone. Today day I was able to tell him what I have done with my life relating to God. I am not the type of person that can quote scripture or verse right off the top of my head. I can however speak passionately from the heart. Today reinforced to me that I get and keep the love of God  by giving it away freely. 

We discused fear a great deal in our conversation today, I was able to share with him that fear left my life when I let faith come in. Fear to me, is an absence of faith. It was a common thread that wove through out my life and manifested in many different ways. All of which were not good for me or loved ones around me. 

I don't know if what I shared made a difference to him, but it did make a difference to one man....me :-)

thanks for keep this forum going, I visit daily, although I rarely post

Silver66

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
THE CHURCH IN RUIN, THE FUTURE APPEARING!

Isaiah 30 New International Version (NIV)

Woe to the Obstinate Nation

30 “Woe to the obstinate children,”
    declares the Lord,
“to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
    forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit,
    heaping sin upon sin;
2 who go down to Egypt
    without consulting me;
who look for help to Pharaoh’s protection,
    to Egypt’s shade for refuge.
3 But Pharaoh’s protection will be to your shame,
    Egypt’s shade will bring you disgrace.
4 Though they have officials in Zoan
    and their envoys have arrived in Hanes,
5 everyone will be put to shame
    because of a people useless to them,
who bring neither help nor advantage,
    but only shame and disgrace.”

6 A prophecy concerning the animals of the Negev:

Through a land of hardship and distress,
    of lions and lionesses,
    of adders and darting snakes,
the envoys carry their riches on donkeys’ backs,
    their treasures on the humps of camels,
to that unprofitable nation,
7     to Egypt, whose help is utterly useless.
Therefore I call her
    Rahab the Do-Nothing.

8 Go now, write it on a tablet for them,
    inscribe it on a scroll,
that for the days to come
    it may be an everlasting witness.
9 For these are rebellious people, deceitful children,
    children unwilling to listen to the Lord’s instruction.
10 They say to the seers,
    “See no more visions!”
and to the prophets,
    “Give us no more visions of what is right!
Tell us pleasant things,
    prophesy illusions.
11 Leave this way,
    get off this path,
and stop confronting us
    with the Holy One of Israel!”

12 Therefore this is what the Holy One of Israel says:

“Because you have rejected this message,
    relied on oppression
    and depended on deceit,
13 this sin will become for you
    like a high wall, cracked and bulging,
    that collapses suddenly, in an instant.
14 It will break in pieces like pottery,
    shattered so mercilessly
that among its pieces not a fragment will be found
    for taking coals from a hearth
    or scooping water out of a cistern.”

15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    in quietness and trust is your strength,
    but you would have none of it.
16 You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’
    Therefore you will flee!
You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’
    Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
17 A thousand will flee
    at the threat of one;
at the threat of five
    you will all flee away,
till you are left
    like a flagstaff on a mountaintop,
    like a banner on a hill.”

18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
    therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
    Blessed are all who wait for him!

19 People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 22 Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

23 He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows. 24 The oxen and donkeys that work the soil will eat fodder and mash, spread out with fork and shovel. 25 In the day of great slaughter, when the towers fall, streams of water will flow on every high mountain and every lofty hill. 26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

27 See, the Name of the Lord comes from afar,
    with burning anger and dense clouds of smoke;
his lips are full of wrath,
    and his tongue is a consuming fire.
28 His breath is like a rushing torrent,
    rising up to the neck.
He shakes the nations in the sieve of destruction;
    he places in the jaws of the peoples
    a bit that leads them astray.
29 And you will sing
    as on the night you celebrate a holy festival;
your hearts will rejoice
    as when people playing pipes go up
to the mountain of the Lord,
    to the Rock of Israel.
30 The Lord will cause people to hear his majestic voice
    and will make them see his arm coming down
with raging anger and consuming fire,
    with cloudburst, thunderstorm and hail.
31 The voice of the Lord will shatter Assyria;
    with his rod he will strike them down.
32 Every stroke the Lord lays on them
    with his punishing club
will be to the music of timbrels and harps,
    as he fights them in battle with the blows of his arm.
33 Topheth has long been prepared;
    it has been made ready for the king.
Its fire pit has been made deep and wide,
    with an abundance of fire and wood;
the breath of the Lord,
    like a stream of burning sulfur,
    sets it ablaze.

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
SILENT TOO LONG!

Ephesians 2:5-7King James Version (KJV)

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is a pile of confusion on the many sites and forums as to what should be done with our country and our government.  It is quite easy to just sit and be silent, let the masses just stay in darkness and keep our mouths shut.  Well locally, in the Church, that meets in homes, we have not been silent for decades.  Giving out Truth will also bring back much grief.  The Truth, which He Is, will separate us from the world and additionally, the many pew sitters across the lands.   The pulpits have preached so much darkness that the Light has a difficult time entering through the stained glass windows.

So today, I just must throw out a few items to obtain some relief within.  This is only for the household of faith, only for those who call Him as Lord:

We see above that He has raised us up and made us to "sit" together in heavenly places.  When we were saved, received "Christ within", we exchanged our citizenship from this world to a heavenly abode.   There is not a single vote to be cast, a worldly government to support, a type of government that is superior, nor a local, worldly fight to engage in.  We have been changed forever.  We have a new name (on a white stone), we have a new Parent and the first Adam relationships have been changed, forever.   Why do  we spent our time in arguing about the people in power in the city, state, and nation?  Why have we engaged in "judging those outside the Church" which only the Lord can judge.  Why have we not confronted those in the "local" s.h. who eat the bread and drink the cup on Sunday mornings while they are still in their adulteries, fornication, and sins that are known by all?   Why have we given millions of dollars into a divided harlot s.h. system and walked past the thousands in need that God has placed in our paths?  Why have we allowed the t.v's, the movies , and the books like Harry Potter to enter into our lives and homes? (Many need deliverance).  Why have we seen ourselves as laymen and not priests unto God?  Why have we not been "reformed" and repented of ever leaving the teachings of the early Church? 

If we spend all of our time engaged in the affairs of the world, we will be sidetracked by Satan.  COME OUT AND QUICKLY!

Try something simple, something new.  Place some funds in those in need and never build another s.h. again and repent of your last checks that were written. They say "follow the money" and if you do, your giving will change.

I was at the local Wendy's this week.  The lady in line in front of me had three hungry kids.  The bill came to 12 dollars and some change.  She told the worker that she would need to pay with small coins.  So the counter was covered in pennies, and dimes and misc. coins. It took forever and she was still short. Then she had to place $2 on a credit card or give back part of the food.  Are we ready to "act" in these cases that are placed before us or will we say that we already gave at the s.h. last Sunday?

There will be many tears in that day as we see that we had been led down a roadway of destruction by the enemy and had passed by those the He had placed in our lives.         Jim

NW VIEW

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
Update for SWM

Carol is home and those prayers worked.  I just talked to her and she said, "feeling better, stronger, almost able to walk, praying, and gained a few pounds.  She is trying a method of recovery outside of the methods of the doctors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I came to a place on this thread long ago and departed for several months.  I was concerned that I had hijacked the discussion and I departed.   The Church is made up of all and all have gifts and talents.  There is just to much of me herein and not enough of you.  I will visit but it is time for me to listen more than to speak.   Oh we do have a wonderful table set in the wilderness.    Jim

NW VIEW

silver66
silver66's picture
Hat Tips: 13498
update from swm

thanks for the great news.

What was the treatment out side the method of dr's?

Silver66

Silver66
Money is minted, currency is printed

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Hat Tips: 6187
Praise the Lord

Thank you, Heavenly Father for hearing the prayers of your Children.

Father of Grace and Mercy, we exalt thy glorious Name, you have shone your healing Love on sister Carol.

Praises, Thanksgiving and Adoration, to you beloved Father for strengthening, and quickening Carol's soul and spirit.

You heard and thought good our pleas for our loved one Carol, thank you Father, in your abundant kindness please continue to cover and keep Carol.

Please, Father fill Carol with your Peace and Joy, uplift Her, with the power of your Love, mend Her weary body,

Bless Her and protect Her, comfort Her Family.

Thank You Father.

Holy Spirit, please hear our prayers, and with loving kindness, and with the power of the Living God, fill Carol with your Spirit and Blessing, strengthen and heal Her continually.

We pray Thee Father in Jesus' beautiful Name, with loving gratitude, for your gentle Mercies, and undeserved Kindnesses.

Your Grace is All Sufficient, for us, your Children, Your Love keeps us, till He comes, Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,

beloved Son of God, the only begotten Jesus Christ, and with Him redemption, your Kingdom of Eternal Paradise.

The Promise, the Glory, Thy Will be done, Thy Kingdom come, Hallowed be Thy Name, Most High Father.

God Bless you Carol,

Amen.

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13257
NW VIEW

Thank you for the update for Carol, we will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Maryann
Maryann's picture
Hat Tips: 4673
Thank you

So happy to hear that update on Carol.  Thank you NW View!  Grateful to God for answered prayer! smiley

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Carol and NWV

Carol, our God is the Most High, nothing is impossible for our Heavenly Father, faith and this Truth will sustain you.

I am so pleased you were able to get home to your family, God Bless You.

Pray for healing, Carol.

When the Holy Spirit, the Comforter came, He filled the Apostles, with many gifts, Healing was one of these.

These Gifts are not only of that day, but for today as well.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 14:26

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

John 16:7

The Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit has been sent to us to 'indwell our Hearts, our Spirit or inner Man.

This is the power of the Living God, living within us as Children of God.

Through prayer we are able to tap into this God given power to heal ourselves and others, this power is not of us but of God.

Praise the Lord.

When you gave yourself to God, you surrendered control of your Earth Dwelling Self, the 'old Man' passes away, and through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, his sinless Life, his sacrificial Death, and bodily Resurrection, his overcoming of death itself, you were reborn a new Carol, a spiritually 'Regenerated Carol', filled with the Holy Ghost.

Carol you have passed away and are born anew spiritually, and are walking in this world.

I say walking in the World because a spirit filled reborn Believer, a Daughter of God as you are is no longer part of this World, but sojourning, just visiting, tarrying a while until our real home has come, you have successfully fulfilled the task that was assigned by God at your first birth.

Be troubled not by the events of this world, for we are no longer a part of it.

For Some, this message is for You, may your ears hear and your eyes see, I pray.

Our time here is best spent trying to share the Good News, the Gospel, the promise of Salvation, forgiveness to all who confess Jesus Christ, and believe His Blood paid the full price of Man's redemption from the curse of sin and death.

Jesus Christ's ministry and message, was also to Glorify God, to sanctify His Holy Name.

Jesus' Life, Death, and Resurrection showed all carnal minded earth dwellers, those who believe this short life, this wisp of smoke, this temporal blade of grass, is all there is to life, that there is more, much more purposed by God.

Life after death is the witness of Jesus' life and testament, this life is not the purpose of man, but an opportunity to exercise free will and choose to have everlasting life with God.

Amen.

Those with ears to hear and eyes to see, will respond to the message, some will hear immediately, Others, the seed of Truth once planted will respond in Their own time as the Holy Ghost waters the Seed of Truth.

God speaks to each person's heart, listen to your heart, soften your heart so that you will receive God, loosen your stiff neck and humble yourself.

Simply ask God to reveal Himself to you, He will.

Humility is the path to everlasting Life, a Prideful mindset will prevent the voice of God to be heard.

Pride is something Man is very good at, it is also something God really hates.

The meek and the mild shall inherit the earth, the last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

How small minded can we be to think that the God that created the Heavens and Earth, the vast Cosmos, billions and billions of Galaxies, each Galaxy filled with innumerable Stars, created Man for a tiny seventy year lifespan?

The amazing God that created with awesome beauty the yawning heights of mountains like Everest, created the deepest depths of the Oceans, blanketed in perpetual darkness, yet fully filled with brilliant colour for who's eyes?

For His own, for His pleasure, why because He can, and we think that "three score and ten", a drop in the bucket of eternity is all our Father has planned for his creation?

The Bible tells us different, it tells us that our life here is but a blade of grass, that grows and lives, then is burned by the rising of the Sun.

Temporal lifespan is not what life is all about, it is a short time given to all, to allow each the time to make up their mind who they will serve, the god of this world, or the True Living God of Eternity.

Those who choose the god of this world, the 'Earth Dwellers', also choose where they will spend eternity, with the god of this world.

Those who choose the God of Heaven, also decide to spend eternity with Him.

The only way to know this Truth, is to first seek the Truth, who or what is God.

Can anyone say they are doing God's will, without first trying to understand who God is? 

If you don't know who God is, how can you please Him by doing His Will?

Desire to find and get to know your Father, it really is the most important thing you will ever do during your short existence on this Flash in the Pan called Life.

We have a Blessed Hope, a Promise of a better future here on Earth, given by God Himself.

Blessings and Thanksgivings be unto you Loving Father, we offer Praise, the fruit of our lips to you Heavenly Father, God Almighty.

Love and exaltation to sanctify your Most Holy Name, blessings and honour and glory be to you Supreme Sovereign, the only True and Living God our Father in Heaven, praise Jah, in Jesus Name.

Hallelujah

Amen.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
JJr.'s Picture

Touching.

that is the only word that comes to mind.

Touching, what a gentle and loving thing to write JJr., what a true blessing this thread is.

I like the picture very much, 

Thank you, everyone here.

God Bless.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Sound Revelation

Silver66, thank you for sharing those wise words.

Praise Jesus, and His workings within.

God Bless You and Your Family,

Brother Silver66.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Just catching up

Thank you, All.

NWV, don't feel you are monopolizing the thread, wise words are well received, and always in season.

Bless You Jim.

Karankawa
Karankawa's picture
Hat Tips: 6770
I see a great deal of wisdom on this thread.

It's the first time I visited, because I am so jaded by what 'churches' pronounce as 'faith'.

I'll be back, the truth is the TRUTH and there is No Other.

God Bless,

Karankawa

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."

Hayman
Hayman's picture
Hat Tips: 956
The Lord is my shepard

What a magnificent Lord we serve. I thank the Lord for SWM.
I cherish these words of David in Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Early this week I listened to a pastor twist a scripture and diminish personal salvation to fit a community salvation narrative and was threatened when I spoke up in truth of personal salvation through faith and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Later this week, in a most improbabble fashion, evil found a way to torment me. The Lord declares: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

My 12 year old daughter had an essay to write this week for her English class. The essay topic was on something the bible teaches. She decided on a topic, and asked for help finding scriptures to use. This verse David wrote was one of three that she used in her paper. Her essay was about how God is with us when we seek him. What a treasure the time spent with her was. I am so thankful to my Lord.

The next day my path crossed with a man who is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Farmers. He gave me a wooden walking stick with 5 colored beads representing heaven,sin,redeeming blood,our new creation,and green pastures. It was such a timely gift to receive. God used that man to deliver that staff and it brought me comfort when I needed it. The Lord IS my Shepard.

God bless everyone here at the Thread of Faith

vonburpenstein
vonburpenstein's picture
Hat Tips: 2790
fyi, Dr. J's forum...

...don't want to take anything away from this awesome forum but just started a new forum called Dr. J's Corner...hope you'll visit if you have any thoughts...

Thx

Signed, Vonburp

NW VIEW
NW VIEW's picture
SUNDAY MORNING SHOUTOUT!

Matthew 10:27-28New International Version (NIV)

27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everything in this world seems to be falling apart except that which cannot be shaken.  It is a wonderful event when we see the Saints at table along with our own family in the flesh that have made that same journey as those seated. 

Hayman has posted above,  his current encounter with the church in ruin.  He does see it but what about the millions sitting on pews today who are still blind?  I need to obtain a bit of internal relief this morning with a few thoughts:

We are stuck with the many divided S.H.'s across the world.  The called out ones that were raised up, from the beginning, have been driven out of their houses and/or killed by their members.  What is left?   Think about that for a moment!  What is left? We have killed the prophets and men of understanding who warned the Church and now those departed Saints  are seated at table while the ruined s.h. systems preach their brand of gospel on a detoured roadway. 

We all see the news about the Koran being taught in our schools and we see what happened in the National Cathedral. Did we think that these events just popped up over night??  The enemy has invaded just about everything except the true Church.  The schools, the s.h.'s, the bible colleges, the arts, the music, the culture, the governments, and yes, even our homes and jobs. 

The Lord says "What I have told you in the dark, speak in the daylight, and proclaim it from the roofs."  Well, this is a day to do some shouting from my roof. The houses that men have built are now left to them as desolate.   The Spirit of God is and has been shouting of His departure.  The blood of the Saints, from the lost houses of so-called faith, is crying out from the earth as a witness against the sins of the many.  The cloud of Witnesses are viewing the judgment coming on all mankind.

.All places of safety are gone except for those at table who have found their own Bozrah.  One had better come to a place of repentance and begin to gather in two's and three's as they seek Him and His direction.  Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Babylon is Fallen
3"For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality." 4I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; 5for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.…

NW VIEW

Maryann
Maryann's picture
Hat Tips: 4673
Thanksgiving...

This morning our pastor led a special time of teaching, praise and thanksgiving to God for one of the most significant church plants in history, the Separatists from Scrooby, England, to Plymouth, Massachusetts, by way of Leiden, the Netherlands.  These dear brothers and sisters in Christ were committed to preaching salvation by faith alone, and the authority of the Bible.  We in the United States are indebted to them for establishing a national founding rooted in God and His Word. 

Like us, these Pilgrims were not perfect, but their story is an amazing tale of God's providence using an Indian named Squanto and events meant for harm redeemed for good.  Also like us, they were known as "radical extremists."  smiley

Thanks to the Pilgrims we originally were provided a government based on the character and justice of God.  This Thanksgiving let us pray for more brave Believers to stand up and proclaim Him in a lost and evil world.  And let us give thanks for the Pilgrims!

Hebrews 13:7   Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.

Jeremiah Jr
Jeremiah Jr's picture
Hat Tips: 3755
The Mayflower Compact

Maryann,

You are right, the early Christians fled persecution and came here and set up the  'grand experiment' a composite society  and it was indeed the greatest 'church plant' in the history of the world. America.

The Mayflower Compact

• "In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc. Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and advancements of the Christian faith and honor of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the Northern parts of Virginia, do by these presents, solemnly and mutually, in the presence of God, and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic; for our better ordering, and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions, and offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the colony; unto which we promise all due submission and obedience.

In witness whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names at Cape Cod the 11th of November, in the year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France, and Ireland, the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth, 1620".

Wishing all at ToF a great Thanksgiving.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Maryann

The more I hear about your Church, the more hope I have that God has kept safe a remnant of shepherds, to speak for Him.

Praise the Lord,

may God continue to Bless your Church and Congregation.

Thank You, for sharing your Blessings with us here.

I wish I could sit in on one of your Pastor's sermons.

God Bless You, and your Family.

Love foggy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "THREAD OF FAITH - "