THREAD OF FAITH -

2353 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, May 24, 2015 - 3:17pm
NW VIEW

@ SilverRunNW again!

It is not in the dreams and visions that I have not had that concerns me. It is in decades of revelations of the fallen/ruined assemblies that the Light has gone out within, long ago. Oh yes I pray, I ponder, I watch the continual departure from that which is written. I have been caught in a time zone problem. I was born 500 years to late. My brothers who stood in the gap for the Church have passed onward long ago. Yes I missed the era of the Church of Philadelphia and assembled with Laodicea.

I ponder writing a series on the "Full Restoration of the Local Church" and then think "who am I to do that"? The best that one can do is to be a witness for Christ in our own area. If one is able to teach within their local house Church, they are blessed. The systems are just beyond repair.

When I was young, the old men in systems told me that the only way the systems could be fixed was from within and these men guided me to get involved. I thought, "well, they have been sitting on pews forever, it may be that they are correct". THEY WERE WRONG! THE SYSTEMS HAVE LOST THAT "LAMP UNTO THEIR FEET AND THE LIGHT THAT LIGHTS THEIR PATH ". Right now SilverRunNW, millions and millions of good people are attending their favorite divided steeple houses. There is one block near me where there is four different systems standing as a witness that their steeple house is the place to come.

Yes we both could write a long list of steps to bring restoration to the local Church. Only a remnant would understand. Thanks for your views from the above posts. Jim

P.S. : I saw an article today on women pastors in the steeple houses, not a new topic for us:

https://carm.org/should-women-be-pastors-and-elders

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sun, May 24, 2015 - 5:49pm
NW VIEW

A little Sunday singing for the thread

This is just a Sunday afternoon song of healing and health:

Video unavailable

Works for me. Jim

Sun, May 24, 2015 - 7:25pm NW VIEW
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Jim ...

... FYI: Folks in Singapore cannot access the YouTube videos we post, so I have been typing in the Titles when I post the videos.

The title for the above video = 'Amazing Flashmob - (Library singing)'.

Yesterday's was 'Create in me a clean heart, O God' - Keith Green

Dale

Sun, May 24, 2015 - 7:55pm JustDale
NW VIEW

JustDale

I did not realize that you were sending out items to Singapore, wonderful. I have spent some quality time in Singapore and I still know a few people. We had some great crusades in their stadium during the old FGBMFI era.

I was thinking that it brings tears to my eyes to listen to the library singing and I knew it would also touch you. Thanks : Jim

Sun, May 24, 2015 - 9:09pm
south west medicine
-
CA

The Table

Just Dale, NW View, Hayman, J Jr. and more...

Thank you Just Dale for your words and reminder that it is because of the friends at the "Table" that prayer was given on my behalf and I am Alive today because of it!

And regarding the future, your words express my thoughts. "I know not what the Lord holds for tomorrow, but today I am rejoicing ... and I am content."

"Yes, I remember the dark days of SWM's affliction ...the sleepless nights...the prayers ...the tears. O, yes, this place..for many reasons..is near and dear to my heart."

Thank you friends and thank you Jesus.

SWM

Mon, May 25, 2015 - 7:14pm south west medicine
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Dear SWM, and All ...

Sometimes, SWM, it seems almost like an exercise in futility to attempt to put into words the Lord's 'comings and goings'. In truth, He is in us .. Always. Yet, at times He seems absent, unconcerned and indifferent. But the times when He hides His face are only meant to show us how low the Oil in our lamp is, and to set us afresh in search of our Beloved. And when we come near to the Door, we sense the consolation of knowing we shall soon see His face. And when we Knock, the mere expectation of touching the hem of His garment is enough to make us swoon. But when the Door is opened and we are invited in to sup with Him .. O, the unspeakable glory of those words .. O, the unspeakable Joy of that moment .. O, the unspeakable Peace of His presence!

Sometimes He will lay one man (or woman) low and we think that we know what His Plans and His Purposes are. Perhaps we do, but in a dim-eyed sense. It seems to me that I always under-value His 'coming', just as I under-esteem His 'going', and it is only in hindsight that I get a glimpse of the Majesty and the Mystery that attends each and every Step that He takes. Like the wind .. Yes, like the Wind .. He cannot be grasped or throttled by human hands. He comes and goes as He pleases .. as befits a King who is King over all kings.

It was in those days, when you drew nearest to Death's door, that the Lord drew so near to me that it seemed this whole house (where I lived companionless); my whole being (despondent, uncertain, alone); and my night-watch (sleepless, dark and cold) were flooded and filled with His presence. I could not hardly keep my feet .. I sobbed uncontrollably .. I groaned loudly out loud .. I desired so strongly to be at your bedside with something .. Anything .. that would ease your suffering and sorrow. I tell you, I felt so helpless and useless that it was painful. I was in this condition for a long time.

No relief came until He came .. and, Boy, I must confess, He came fraught with heaven's treasure, with soul-delicacies, with honeycombs of refreshment. He told me that 'He was with me..and that He would never forsake me.' He told me that He was merely supplying my Lamp with Oil. He told that if I faint not, I would see Him .. One Day .. Face to face. He told me these were Promises, and that I should not doubt them .. or Him. He told me 'He was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.' He told me to, "Be still, and know that I am God." So, I did ...and I was.

And then, after ministering to my weak faith and my sad condition, He told me, "Be anxious for nothing." And then (speaking allegorically) ... He left.

In the solace of hindsight, after regaining my composure, I KNEW that..just as certainly as He had visited me..He was, just as certainly, attending and performing the Night-watch where you lay. I KNEW that the very things He had told me were the very things He was whispering in your ear. In knowing that, He made me glad. And by way of your suffering, Carol, I was.. and AM .. enriched! I tell you, it is a Majestic Mystery the like of which I am barely able to scratch the surface.

O, for the Day when we see Him as He is ... and are like Him, perfectly. O, the manifold excellencies of Christ. O, that the whole world would have a good word to say in His behalf ... It would be too little.

These are the thoughts I ponder, as I read that old tear-stained letter, held in place by a Rock ... @ Table.

I am .. Not Worthy ..to untie the laces of His sandals ..Dale

*** Do you remember the day, SWM, when you uttered these words, in my direction, @ Table: 'Wait for me.'? Yes, stories to tell .. memories to cherish!

*** I've read your Blog, and I just wanted to mention that. I tried to watch the movie (I'm in it, you said) but the constant 'buffering' kept me from the Finish Line, so to speak.

*** Is holily a word? If so, I say this holily: "You have a very pretty face."

Enough! All here hold a special place in my heart...as does this place.

Dale

Tue, May 26, 2015 - 2:58am
Hayman
-
NE

Good News

I testify before you that in 2003 a three year old boy was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. A Christian brother of mine heard from God in his prayer that he was to organize a benifit for the boy whom he had never met. God told him to go talk to the owner of a certain eating establishment and that this Man would provide food for the event. My friend listened and did what was told. He told the owner what God was instructing and the establishment owner provided food for over 300 people just as God said he would. They rasied money for treatment. Treatment that included surgury to remove this tumor and follow up treatment. But the Tumor would never completely go away and kept comming back. This December my friend recieved a telephone call from the boy's Dad. "The tumor is back. My son is tired of surgeries and treatments. He has made the decision to not pursue any more medical treatment. The doctors are giving him only a few months to live." My friend and many others prayed for him everyday. We prayed for him at our Men's bible study. He recieved another phone call from the boy's father two weeks ago. "The tumor is Gone. it disappeared and the Doctor doesn't know where it went. It just disappeared" Give all glory to God.

Tue, May 26, 2015 - 7:02pm
south west medicine
-
CA

Just, Dale,  Your words

Just, Dale,

Your words resonate with my life and relationship with our Lord. I have often thought how hard it is to appropriately express my gratitude to God. I imagine myself speaking directly to God searching for words that He deserves!...It is futile.

"Sometimes, SWM, it seems almost like an exercise in futility to attempt to put into words the Lord's 'comings and goings".

" I KNEW that the very things He had told me were the very things He was whispering in your ear. In knowing that, He made me glad. And by way of your suffering, Carol, I was.. and AM .. enriched! I tell you, it is a Majestic Mystery the like of which I am barely able to scratch the surface".

"the Majesty and the Mystery "

AND the words..."the Majesty and the Mystery" Describes how I felt when all that prayer was given.

What does it mean to say I felt people praying for me? It feels like a Mystery and it is Majestic!

Keith green- Oh yes, Keith Green was a favorite of mine. I watched the full life story told by his wife and record manager and best friend. It had an strong impact on me. I am still contemplating over why exactly what it is that impressed me. The link if you would like to listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOhSScVMUs

​Hayman, Thank you for sharing that story about the young boy with brain cancer.

Someday we will all meet and oh what rejoicing that will be.

May God send a blessing your way today.

SWM

Wed, May 27, 2015 - 8:03pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

The Table

@SWM - 'Someday we will all meet and oh what rejoicing that will be.'

So true.............
These musings today from Spurgeon reminded me all of you here at TFMR.......
"So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king's table; and was lame on both his feet."—2 Samuel 9:13.

EPHIBOSHETH was no great ornament to a royal table, yet he had a continual place at David's board, because the king could see in his face the features of the beloved Jonathan. Like Mephibosheth, we may cry unto the King of Glory, "What is Thy servant, that Thou shouldst look upon such a dead dog as I am?" but still the Lord indulges us with most familiar intercourse with Himself, because He sees in our countenances the remembrance of His dearly-beloved Jesus. The Lord's people are dear for another's sake. Such is the love which the Father bears to His only begotten, that for His sake He raises His lowly brethren from poverty and banishment, to courtly companionship, noble rank, and royal provision. Their deformity shall not rob them of their privileges. Lameness is no bar to sonship; the cripple is as much the heir as if he could run like Asahel. Our right does not limp, though our might may. A king's table is a noble hiding-place for lame legs, and at the gospel feast we learn to glory in infirmities, because the power of Christ resteth upon us. Yet grievous disability may mar the persons of the best-loved saints. Here is one feasted by David, and yet so lame in both his feet that he could not go up with the king when he fled from the city, and was therefore maligned and injured by his servant Ziba. Saints whose faith is weak, and whose knowledge is slender, are great losers; they are exposed to many enemies, and cannot follow the king whithersoever he goeth. This disease frequently arises from falls. Bad nursing in their spiritual infancy often causes converts to fall into a despondency from which they never recover, and sin in other cases brings broken bones. Lord, help the lame to leap like an hart, and satisfy all Thy people with the bread of Thy table!

Thu, May 28, 2015 - 12:04am Jeremiah Jr
CarolD

Jjr - Jack Kelley had a

Jjr - Jack Kelley had a wonderful study today on Jonathan's son.... coincidence? Enjoy all -

https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/prophecy/the-ultimate-rags-to-riches-story/

Tue, Jun 2, 2015 - 9:24am
NW VIEW

YOUR HOUSE IS LEFT UNTO YOU DESOLATE

Matthew 23:

3 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There seems to be some activity these days as to the revelation of the surrender of the divided systems, to the enemy. Some look for organized marches on Washington. Most have placed their hopes upon the ballot box and the changing of the leadership of the nation. We already have a desolate house!

There is only One Hope for mankind, our nation, and our families. Votes and marches have little value and generally are a waste of time. Great rewards have always and always will be via REPENTANCE! That starts right at home, today.

I feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle these days. I have awakened to a future society that has passed my by. There is little left except the tombstones of the Glorious Church that are the Cloud of Witnesses. There are many solutions out there as how to "fix" the Church , however, "repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand" cannot be improved upon and nothing in heaven or earth with replace it. Jim

Tue, Jun 2, 2015 - 1:48pm
south west medicine
-
CA

NW VIEW,   "There are many

NW VIEW,

"There are many solutions out there as how to "fix" the Church , however, "repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand" cannot be improved upon and nothing in heaven or earth with replace it".

Would you expand on this? What do you think the church (body) should do about the problems in the church (meetings) today? Is there anything we should be doing as individuals?

SWM

Wed, Jun 3, 2015 - 8:57am south west medicine
NW VIEW

@ SWM (Carol)

I have pondered upon how to reply to your post. I thought about writing a series of some steps for the recovery of the local Church. Yes, a huge list to "restore" back to the original Church and it being a witness to a lost world. Then I decided to just post part of William Penn's view from his book, No Cross, No Crown and it is as he has stated long ago:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. For, let us never be so tender and charitable in the survey of those nations that entitle themselves to any interest in the holy name of Christ, if we will but be just too, we must needs acknowledge, that after all the gracious advantages of light, and obligations to fidelity, which these latter ages of the world have received by the coming, life, doctrine, miracles, death, resurrection, and ascension of Christ, with the gifts of his Holy Spirit; to which add the writings, labours, and martyrdom of his dear followers in all times, there seems very little left of Christianity but the name; which, being now usurped by the old heathen nature and life, makes the professors of it but true heathens in disguise. For though they worship not the same idols, they worship Christ with the same heart: and they can never do otherwise, whilst they live in the same lusts. So that the unmortified Christian and the heathen are of the same religion. For though they have different objects to which they do direct their prayers, that adoration in both is but forced and ceremonious, and the deity they truly worship is the god of the world, the great lord of lusts: to him they bow with the whole powers of soul and sense. What shall we eat? What shall we drink? What shall we wear? And how shall we pass away our time? Which way may we gather wealth, increase our power, enlarge our territories, and dignify and perpetuate our names and families in the earth? Which base sensuality is most pathetically expressed and comprised by the beloved Apostle John in these words: "The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life," which, says he, "are not of the Father, but of the world, that lieth in wickedness" (1 John 2:16).

3. It is a mournful reflection, but a truth no confidence can be great enough to deny, that these worldly lusts fill up the study, care, and conversation of wretched Christendom! and, which aggravates the misery, they have grown with time. For as the world is older, it is worse; and the example of former lewd ages, and their miserable conclusions, have not deterred, but excited ours; so that the people of this seem improvers of the old stock of impiety, and have carried it so much further than example, that instead of advancing in virtue upon better times, they are scandalously fallen below the life of heathens. Their high-mindedness, lasciviousness, uncleanness, drunkenness, swearing, lying, envy, backbiting, cruelty, treachery, covetousness, injustice and oppression, are so common. and committed with such invention and excess, that they have stumbled and embittered infidels to a degree of scorning that holy religion, to which their good example should have won their affections.

Wed, Jun 3, 2015 - 6:56pm NW VIEW
south west medicine
-
CA

NW VIEW-"church"

NW VIEW,

IMO

This seems simple. Doesn't making a commitment to Christ include turning away from these things and conforming to the image of Christ? This means repent, right? We are overcomers.

"instead of advancing in virtue upon better times, they are scandalously fallen below the life of heathens. Their high-mindedness, lasciviousness, uncleanness, drunkenness, swearing, lying, envy, backbiting, cruelty, treachery, covetousness, injustice and oppression, are so common. and committed with such invention and excess, that they have stumbled and embittered infidels to a degree of scorning that holy religion, to which their good example should have won their affections."

It reminds me of the time my husband tried to share Christ with his brother, his brother started listing all the good things he does and said it should make up for the bad. He didn't see his need.

Most of the conversations I have had about the "Church"(building) with others and they explain that blood covers our sin. Then they ask what is wrong with Harvest festivals, "the petting zoo and jumping balloons are needed to bring the people in to the church. And our pastor is different you would like him." Sometimes I say to myself, "Jesus didn't use festivals and.........

"fixing the church" reminds me of the expression, "It is like unscrambling the egg!

SWM,

Jesus is coming!!!!!

Sat, Jun 6, 2015 - 8:38am
NW VIEW

Interesting divisions over basics

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/churches-that-embrace-homosexuality-ar...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Sexual Immorality

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[b] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Sat, Jun 6, 2015 - 8:54pm
NW VIEW

@ SWM (Carol)

This article is long and worth reading:

https://endtimepilgrim.org/anabap.htm

Sunday morning is coming and a good time to stay home (or join with the local house Church), read and study while pondering where to give ones tithing funds that will go directly into needs of those He has placed in our lives. Jim

Sun, Jun 7, 2015 - 8:41am
NW VIEW

Interesting Sunday Morning view:

Sat, Jun 13, 2015 - 9:02am
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

Amazing Grace By Wintley Phipps

Hope all are well, an all time favorite hymn and the story behind it if one is unfamiliar with Newton.

Amazing Grace History/"Amazing Grace" By Wintley Phipps
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 - 1:27pm Jeremiah Jr
south west medicine
-
CA

Story behind hymn Amazing Grace

Jeremiah Jr.,

Thank you for sharing this story and song. It is amazing and I had a good time listening to it.

An update on my health, I feel good. I am busy doing all the alternative "stuff". I tire easy but I think that I improving.

I will probably get an MRI next month.

I am indebted to you for your prayers and contribution to this forum. Thank you!

I miss hearing from "I run Bartertown" NWD-JD and others

SWM

Sat, Jun 13, 2015 - 4:14pm
NW VIEW

Saturday morning daydream picnic - Sunday is coming!

Many of the Pilgrims decided to have some fellowship at the table on the hill side. Yes Carol, IRB, Jer.Jr., NWD, Hayman and several others came with their gifts for consumption. Some of them have been a bit quiet, however, they livened up as the old Seer came down that old dusty pathway from the mountain above.

He said, "In these last days, we must begin to show the House to the House, the walls are broken down and every evil bird has entered within. In the far past, there were true elders to guard and repair any open doors that would defile the House. Now we have those within the walls with colorful robes, titles, and treasures from the sheep beyond belief." Carol said "how may I see this fallen condition and when will I know that the House has been repaired?"

The Seer simply said, "when you see and hear that true repentance has moved upon those who believe, when you see the clergy throw off their purple robes and remove their titles of separation from the sheep, when you see the thousands of steeple houses being sold and the funds given to the poor, when you see the elders supplying true Church discipline as was in the early functioning Church, when you see the sheep leave their pews and head out into that field which is white unto harvest, when you see the sheep being doers of the Word and not just hearers, then oh yes then, we will know that the Spirit is doing a Great Work of restoration".

The old Seer just headed down the mountain while saying, "I will walk among the many steeple houses in the deep valley before I return. There is little time left for them to repent and many have had their lights darkened long ago with nothing remaining but a form of godliness. Many had hoped for a great escape before this current tribulation has come upon mankind. Truly, it has been a blessing that the Lord did not come as they thought, for they would have discovered what left behind really meant."

Turning to the table, he said, "Stand fast in your liberty as Christ has set you free. Stand in the gap for those who continue to walk in darkness for great fear is coming upon mankind. Stand against the works of the enemy to silence you and your witness. Stand fast against the tide of the false leaders who are blind and trying to lead the blind. Stand at the communion table, washed by the Blood, always able to partake as justified. Stand fast as an outcast of the systems of men and be ready to stand before Him in that soon coming day."

randomness